What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

In a hybrid keeper-nasty where you keep your six non-flex positions like they were dynasty players (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE). So the wrinkle is always redraft add-ons vs. dynasty implications.

Team A got:  Amari Cooper, Tyler Boyd
Team B got: Mike Evans, Will Fuller, Kyler Murray

Team A also has Brandon Cooks, so Cooper is definitely dynasty and the move was made for flexibility to decide between Boyd and Cooks. Team B also has JuJu Smith-Schuster so Evans and Cooper were a preference/wash, Fuller was redraft throw-in, and Team B also has Carson Wentz so the owner has flexibility to decide between Wentz and Murray for dynasty.

Gave a late ‘20 1st and early ‘20 2nd for Hooper. Small TE premium. 

I’m 8-0 and felt TE was my weakest spot (Olsen/Fells)

Unpacking this is Julio for a 1st, Ingram for a 2nd, and Isabella, which leaves Kamara for Jones and Ertz - I'm taking Kamara all day there.  I get Jones has produced but I'm not at all convinced it's sustainable once Rodgers gets real WR option(s) - Adams coming back and growth by the young guys, maybe an addition next year.  They way they split the RB load right now Jones is only producing because that pie is so big.  Once it shrinks to normal levels I don't think Williams goes away and now Jones is left with 65% of a much smaller point pool.
So, you’re saying Julio’s value is one late 1st?

Not involved but whoa

Team A got Mixon, Joe CIN RB; Ridley, Calvin ATL WR; Sanu, Mohamed NEP WR; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick
Team B got McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB

Team A got Jones, Aaron GBP RB; Williams, Jamaal GBP RB; Moore, D.J. CAR WR; Howard, O.J. TBB TE; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick
Team B got Chubb, Nick CLE RB; Barron, Mark PIT LB; Year 2020 Round 4 Draft Pick

Team A got Ertz, Zach PHI TE
Team B got Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick

Team A got Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick
Team B got Robinson, Allen CHI WR

Team A got Mayfield, Baker CLE QB
Team B got Manning, Eli NYG QB; Ertz, Zach PHI TE
Seems light for CMC (to put it mildly) and heavy for Chubb. 

12 team PPR

Traded away Justice Hill for 2020 2nd (probably late) and Haskins. 

I know Ingram is getting up there in age but I also am not sure as long as Lamar Jackson is the QB any RB can become a stud there. Did I sell too cheap on Hill?? 

(I do have Zeke, Chubb, Gurley, Lindsay, and Darrell Henderson in this league though) 

So, you’re saying Julio’s value is one late 1st?
I'm saying if I'm buying Julio I'm not paying more than a 2020 1st, yes.  I will stipulate that the league parameters given don't match the leagues I play in so maybe my perspective is off.

I suppose if it's not an IDP league that makes him more valuable, I don't play in any of those, but for dynasty purposes he's 30 years old, his coaching staff is gonna get flushed and with it any offensive continuity, Ridley is pushing up on him, Hooper isn't going anywhere, and I've seen plenty of "late" 1st turn into 1.07 or even miss playoffs.  A 6-2 team can easily end up 7-6 and lose tie-breaker to get in.

In the IDP leagues I am in one guy doesn't make nearly such a big difference.  When you're starting 20 guys those extra 4-5 points he brings over replacement value just don't win you anything by themselves:

- The average margin of victory in my leagues is 39.3 across all of them (46.9, 37.1, 38.2, 34.9)
- Only 17.2% of games are decided by 10 or fewer points (6.1% decided by 5 or fewer). 

Selling out for one upgrade can be deadly long-term.  You need quality depth and I've seen (and made) more mistakes chasing now points paying with future assets than any other type of mistake by far. 

I'm saying if I'm buying Julio I'm not paying more than a 2020 1st, yes.  I will stipulate that the league parameters given don't match the leagues I play in so maybe my perspective is off.

I suppose if it's not an IDP league that makes him more valuable, I don't play in any of those, but for dynasty purposes he's 30 years old, his coaching staff is gonna get flushed and with it any offensive continuity, Ridley is pushing up on him, Hooper isn't going anywhere, and I've seen plenty of "late" 1st turn into 1.07 or even miss playoffs.  A 6-2 team can easily end up 7-6 and lose tie-breaker to get in.

In the IDP leagues I am in one guy doesn't make nearly such a big difference.  When you're starting 20 guys those extra 4-5 points he brings over replacement value just don't win you anything by themselves:

- The average margin of victory in my leagues is 39.3 across all of them (46.9, 37.1, 38.2, 34.9)
- Only 17.2% of games are decided by 10 or fewer points (6.1% decided by 5 or fewer). 

Selling out for one upgrade can be deadly long-term.  You need quality depth and I've seen (and made) more mistakes chasing now points paying with future assets than any other type of mistake by far. 
Interesting. I’d asked for price check on Julio several pages back and had no response, my feeling was I’d offer a late 2020 first and nothing more tbh 

As a Julio owner with a contending team, if all I could get for him now was a late 1st I’d let him retire on my roster.

If I am a rebuilder, then I might settle for the first, but would aggressively try for more.

As a Julio owner with a contending team, if all I could get for him now was a late 1st I’d let him retire on my roster.

If I am a rebuilder, then I might settle for the first, but would aggressively try for more.
Yeah same here. I wouldn't even consider such an offer for Julio. On a rebuilder I'd hold for more in some kind of package.

How about this three teamer (team received from at end of each line):

12 team Superflex, PPR, .25 PPC

Team A gets:

Stefon Diggs (B)
Peyton Barber (C)
Drew Lock (C)
2020 2nd (Mid/Late) (B)

Team B gets:

Dak Prescott (C)
Ted Ginn (C)

Team C gets:

Ryan Tannehill (A)
Chris Carson (A)
Mecole Hardman (B)
2020 1.12 (A)
2021 3rd (B)
2022 3rd (B)

Seems light for CMC (to put it mildly) and heavy for Chubb. 

Yeah that's one of those deals that look like the other side is giving up a lot, but when you look closer it's basically a terrible return for a difference maker like CMc. 
This year yes, but this is the dynasty trade thread so long term I don't think so.  Mixon's long term is not horrible, he's still got the talent, and you're adding Ridley and a 2020 1st - those are two really good shots to close any scoring gap between Mixon and CMc.  Just one year ago Mixon outscored CMc and yes, it's trending in the wrong direction now but those are a couple of nice looking assets to add.  This is clearly a rebuild/contender trade so I really like how it shakes out for both sides.

Decided to blow up my team after a slow start.  Sum of a few trades (12 team, Supeflex, Contracts, Full IDP):

Gave: Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, Devonta Freeman, Robert Woods, Larry Fitzgerald, Josh Lambo, Justin Houston

Got: 2020 1st (Mid), 2020 1st (Late), 2020 2nd (very early), 2020 2nd (early), 2021 2nd, 2020 5th.

Brady and Woods would have cost me to retain due to being on expiring contracts.

Team A:

Dak Prescott

Benny Snell Jr.

Team B: 

Todd Gurley

Alshon Jeffrey
I've got to think Gurley is still worth at least a 1st and I wouldn't give up a 1st in value for a mid QB1 in a one QB league personally.  Doubly so when you consider that most of Dak's advantage over like the next 6 guys is that he got off to a really hot start in his first 2 games and he hasn't really gotten close to getting back to that kind of play since.

This year yes, but this is the dynasty trade thread so long term I don't think so.  Mixon's long term is not horrible, he's still got the talent, and you're adding Ridley and a 2020 1st - those are two really good shots to close any scoring gap between Mixon and CMc.  Just one year ago Mixon outscored CMc and yes, it's trending in the wrong direction now but those are a couple of nice looking assets to add.  This is clearly a rebuild/contender trade so I really like how it shakes out for both sides.
I want at least one legit proven stud if I'm moving arguably a number one dynasty asset. 

Mixon has never even come close to outscoring CMC. CMC outscored him by 150 points last year. 

kittenmittens said:
Mixon has never even come close to outscoring CMC. CMC outscored him by 150 points last year. 
Yeah my bad, my report defaulted to weeks 1-7 of the year and I just quickly sorted on average without noticing.  Conceptually I still like the trade though, because that's two chances to fill starting slots for a rebuilder while hopefully buying low on Mixon before he bounces back down the road.

12 TM PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Flex

Gave: Gurley, Kerryon Johnson, McLaurin, 2020 1st (Crrently Mid)

Got: Zeke

He needs to rebuild. I’m ready to win now and only have 1 RB not on bye this week. 

12 team TE Premium Superflex

Team A got four 2020 1sts (ranging from picks 8-12 most likely)

Team B got Christian McCaffrey and a very early 2020 2nd

12 TM PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Flex

Gave: Gurley, Kerryon Johnson, McLaurin, 2020 1st (Crrently Mid)

Got: Zeke

He needs to rebuild. I’m ready to win now and only have 1 RB not on bye this week. 
The zeke side.

Gurley is an rb2, Johnson wasn't great before his injury and lots of great rbs in the draft, Mclaurin is good and young but on wash, and the 1st will be from a playoff team hopefully.

Zeke is zeke.

It's quantity for quality.

12 team TE Premium Superflex

Team A got four 2020 1sts (ranging from picks 8-12 most likely)

Team B got Christian McCaffrey and a very early 2020 2nd
CMC easily.  If a couple of the picks were early maybe it would be close.  2 of the 8-12 picks will bust.  The other 2 are extremely unlikely to come close to CMC.

The zeke side.

Gurley is an rb2, Johnson wasn't great before his injury and lots of great rbs in the draft, Mclaurin is good and young but on wash, and the 1st will be from a playoff team hopefully.

Zeke is zeke.

It's quantity for quality.
Sorry, didn’t mention the pick is not mine. I’m sure it will be a mid round pick. 

Salary Cap ($250/ 15 players) , Full IDP, Super flex

Hopkins ($49 subject to escalation if top 15 wr)

For

Thielen ($3 subject to escalation if top 15 wr)

2020 1st round pick

Zyphros said:
Just got a deal done in FFPC

I gave up 2020 2nd

I got Darrell Henderson

He's looked good, thought it was a no brainer price to pay
Not FFPC for another one, but I also traded Tony Pollard for Henderson in a different league.  The other guy had Zeke and I view it as an upgraded talent.  

14 team PPR devy league

Gave:

Ertz

2021 2nd

2021 3rd

Got:

Allen Robinson

Desean Jackson

Devante Parker
I like the flip side here .... Getting AR & DJax and Parker on top of it?  Give me those 3! 

Ertz is not getting the target volume he did last year (9.4/gm last year and only 8.3 so far this year)... Having Sanders & Howard plus the WR depth in 4WR schemes makes him not the same value IMO.  I still think he is Top 5 TE...  but that was good return for him. 

this one is hard to judge - 

Hunter Henry for David Njoku and Corey Davis

the team trading Henry is the worst team in the league and the team getting him is making a push for the playoffs and obviously struggling to fill TE with Djoku hurt.

this one is hard to judge - 

Hunter Henry for David Njoku and Corey Davis

the team trading Henry is the worst team in the league and the team getting him is making a push for the playoffs and obviously struggling to fill TE with Djoku hurt.
Henry side and I don't like Henry.  I hate Davis.

It's really not.
I guess it depends on your point of view. I think Henry is easily a top 5 TE and at 24 will be for a very long time. Njoku is young as well and prior to breaking his wrist, easily could have been considered a top 10 TE (9th last year in PPR) and Davis is 24, has stud potential and has yet to play with a real QB, and is coming up on free agency in 2021.

I think it's much closer than you'd think upon first inspection. it's current value versus future value, and tied significantly into dynasty.

I guess it depends on your point of view. I think Henry is easily a top 5 TE and at 24 will be for a very long time. Njoku is young as well and prior to breaking his wrist, easily could have been considered a top 10 TE (9th last year in PPR) and Davis is 24, has stud potential and has yet to play with a real QB, and is coming up on free agency in 2021.

I think it's much closer than you'd think upon first inspection. it's current value versus future value, and tied significantly into dynasty.
I think Njoku is trending down and Davis is flat lined while Henry is ascending rapidly.

Users who are viewing this thread