What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

I think Njoku is trending down and Davis is flat lined while Henry is ascending rapidly.
Njoku is 23 and Davis is 24...how could you say that at all? prior to breaking his wrist, Njoku had 4 catches for 37 yards and a TD...it's not like Henry has been the pillar of health himself with two straight years with major injuries.

I don't have a dog in the fight but i couldn't decide which side won this deal and thought it would be interesting to discuss.

I think Njoku is trending down and Davis is flat lined while Henry is ascending rapidly.
while Hunter Henry is ascending, he is still made of glass.  Too many injuries to just be considered Top Tier.  Talent is there but the risk of lost time is too great. 

Njoku lost this season and is in a mediocre system for him.  Age of neither is a concern. 

this one is hard to judge - 

Hunter Henry for David Njoku and Corey Davis

the team trading Henry is the worst team in the league and the team getting him is making a push for the playoffs and obviously struggling to fill TE with Djoku hurt.
Not hard at all.  Henry by a mile.

while Hunter Henry is ascending, he is still made of glass.  Too many injuries to just be considered Top Tier.  Talent is there but the risk of lost time is too great. 

Njoku lost this season and is in a mediocre system for him.  Age of neither is a concern. 
That's pretty harsh. Yes, he's gotten injured. But tearing an ACL, lacerating a kidney, and missing a few weeks due to a tibia plateau fracture isn't being made of glass. Nicks and bruises haven't knocked him out.

Still, fair point. Injuries add up.

Njoku is 23 and Davis is 24...how could you say that at all? prior to breaking his wrist, Njoku had 4 catches for 37 yards and a TD...it's not like Henry has been the pillar of health himself with two straight years with major injuries.

I don't have a dog in the fight but i couldn't decide which side won this deal and thought it would be interesting to discuss.
I like Njoku but Henry has actually proven he can produce when healthy and Njoku has not so Henry >> Njoku.

Davis is almost irrelevant in the deal.  Weirdest FF prospect I've ever seen.  Dude got hurt prior to coming out and somehow that made his value rise meteorically, and his whole NFL career has been blah play blamed on someone else.  The Titans are throwing for 250yds and 2 TDs per game since Tannehill took over and he's still been meh, and he's basically the team's WR2 behind a 2nd round rookie at this point.

À gave David Johnson, 2020 mid 2nd

B gave Todd gurley, olabisi Johnson, 2020 mid 3rd
🤔

I'll take Gurley and Bisi. Picks basically a wash. People want to stick a fork in TG but that OL stinks. Meanwhile, DJ is older and cards seem to have his replacement ready to go. 

🤔

I'll take Gurley and Bisi. Picks basically a wash. People want to stick a fork in TG but that OL stinks. Meanwhile, DJ is older and cards seem to have his replacement ready to go. 
I got TG, but it took me a while to pull the trigger.  

Which really just reminds me that the way to win in dynasty is probably not through top RBs but through receivers and Mahomes. 

The trade gives me a roster of

Dak/Goff, foles, Finley

Barkley, gurley, Lindsey, Howard, Hyde

Hill, Thielen, Edelman, r Anderson, Gallup, Gage, OJ

Howard, J Smith, Everett, Rudolph, witten

And a record of 5-4, 3rd in the division hoping to make the playoffs

took over a rebuild a few years ago and still rebuilding. 12 team ppr start 2rb/2wr/te/2 Flex

Gave: Chubb

Got: 2020 1st playoff team, 2020 2nd non playoff, 2020 3rd playoff and Goedert

Reason: tracking for 1.01 have Jacobs and Jackson and nothing else. Need lots of help. Sold a little lite but this league doesn't trade  much at all

took over a rebuild a few years ago and still rebuilding. 12 team ppr start 2rb/2wr/te/2 Flex

Reason: tracking for 1.01 have Jacobs and Jackson and nothing else. Need lots of help. Sold a little lite but this league doesn't trade  much at all
Unless there are contract concerns that is a terrible return on a top 5 RB.  Unless it's Bradley Chubb, then well done.

Yikes this is really bad.

Not to pile on, but yeah, this is pretty brutal. You were rebuilding with a foundation of Chubb, Jacobs and Jackson. Killer young core. The move is to sell 1.1 for vets in the area you need help with. As is, you'll just be wasting 1.1 on an unproven RB to fill the Chubb vacuum and hope to hit on a WR in the late first and second.

From the other side, this is why it never hurts to make offers.

I'm going to be straight with you- The point of selling a stud in a rebuild is to obtain a number of high picks and/or promising players. You sold for, basically, a late 1st, some dart throws, and a TE. 

If you had another 1st in this deal I'd say you still sold light but at least you will get 2 first round talents (on a 50/50 hit rate you've got at least 1 hit)... but you already had a hit. a pretty big one at that in Chubb. 

Rebuilds dont need to take years. People plan rebuilds way too long, but if you are basically trading a stud for a 1st round swap you'll be rebuilding even longer. What if that 1st round pick is a bust? 

Lots of talent next year, you dont need 1.1 to find a star. Take it as a lesson learned, a bird in the hand is sometims not worth two in the bush. Not trying to pile it on, just trying to help you for future trades. Playing for 1.1 every year wont get you far. 1.5 is sometimes just fine

Last edited by a moderator:
10 Team, PPR

Team A gets A Robinson

Team B gets P Campbell, late 2nd round pick.

Team A is loading up for the playoffs, Team B is rebuilding.

Figures this could spark opinions. I have hunter henry starting at te so made sense to me to go with davis in dynasty at wr in a straight up deal. Thoughts?

12 team ppr

My mike williams (again I start hunter henry weekly if that matters) for his corey Davis straight up

Figures this could spark opinions. I have hunter henry starting at te so made sense to me to go with davis in dynasty at wr in a straight up deal. Thoughts?

12 team ppr

My mike williams (again I start hunter henry weekly if that matters) for his corey Davis straight up
Davis is a bum

10 Team, PPR

Team A gets A Robinson

Team B gets P Campbell, late 2nd round pick.

Team A is loading up for the playoffs, Team B is rebuilding.
Team A all day. This is a bargain. 

Edited because I read this wrong. I think both of these wrs are bums for 2019. I like Davis' 2020 outlook way better. I'll probably be the last to leave his party

Got Baker Mayfied for a 2020 third, albeit a very early third rounder.
Give me the 3rd. Likely some more talented QBs in 2020 early 3rd. I understand the appeal, but for me Mayfield is more worried about his instagram than being a good QB. Plus I think he will be playing right tackle soon at the rate he is gaining weight. Definitely a concern when you add up the punky attitude, social media, weight gain, and even his own players calling him out (obj)

10tm full PPR. 1qb/2rb/3wr/1flex/DT

Gave Davonte Freeman

Received James White

I would have never started Freeman and his upcoming schedule scares me. I'd much rather be plugging in and even flexing White for a playoff run. 

12 team ppr

I prefer Williams by quite a bit over Davis...….having Henry is irrelevant

Early 3rd is typically where a few of the top rookie QBs end up going in 1qb leagues.  This is doubly true in the 2020 class which is deep both overall (pushing the QBs down further) and at QB specifically.

If you want to swap QB for QB then an early 3rd is probably going to buy you a rookie QB who was taken in the top 15 of the NFL draft this year.  Is Baker really preferable to that anymore?  It seems like a fairly lateral move.

2.07 - Carson Wentz
3.01 - Jared Goff
3.01 - Deshaun Watson
3.10 - Patrick Mahomes
3.02 - Lamar Jackson
3.04 - Sam Darnold
3.05 - Baker Mayfield
3.09 - Josh Allen
2.08 - Kyler Murray
3.10 - Dwayne Haskins
4.05 - Daniel Jones

That's where the top QBs went in my standard scoring 1qb league the last 4 years.  I know you typically play Zealots @Andy Dufresne where QBs go off the board much earlier so maybe that is coloring your impression here?  I think an early 3rd will net the 2nd or 3rd best QB prospect in this year's class and that seems like a fair swap for Baker to me.

Early 3rd is typically where a few of the top rookie QBs end up going in 1qb leagues.  This is doubly true in the 2020 class which is deep both overall (pushing the QBs down further) and at QB specifically.
I understand and appreciate the reasoning...  in our Start up 12 Team PPR (1QB), it mostly supports your point... 

1.11 Kyler Murray

3.04 Dwayne Haksins

4.04 Drew Lock 

10 teamer, start 1 QB, all TDs worth 6

Aaron Rodgers traded for what in all likelihood will be a top 4 pick in the 2020 rookie draft.  It could end up being #3.

If you want to swap QB for QB then an early 3rd is probably going to buy you a rookie QB who was taken in the top 15 of the NFL draft this year.  Is Baker really preferable to that anymore?  It seems like a fairly lateral move.

2.07 - Carson Wentz
3.01 - Jared Goff
3.01 - Deshaun Watson
3.10 - Patrick Mahomes
3.02 - Lamar Jackson
3.04 - Sam Darnold
3.05 - Baker Mayfield
3.09 - Josh Allen
2.08 - Kyler Murray
3.10 - Dwayne Haskins
4.05 - Daniel Jones

That's where the top QBs went in my standard scoring 1qb league the last 4 years.  I know you typically play Zealots @Andy Dufresne where QBs go off the board much earlier so maybe that is coloring your impression here?  I think an early 3rd will net the 2nd or 3rd best QB prospect in this year's class and that seems like a fair swap for Baker to me.
Actually during Zealots drafts, especially for IDP drafts, QBs typically don't come off the board until the mid/late 2nd. After they're on a roster it's like pulling teeth to get them off. Guys still think Matt Ryan warrants a 1st!

I understand and appreciate the reasoning...  in our Start up 12 Team PPR (1QB), it mostly supports your point... 

1.11 Kyler Murray

3.04 Dwayne Haksins

4.04 Drew Lock 
Mayfield is still worth a LOT more than Dwayne Haskins, though.

I guess I'm not really sure of the point I'm making. Since Mayfield had already done it, I'm totally willing to roll the dice with a 3rd over "player to be named later".

That bad?  This year's #3 pick was DAvid Montgomery.  #4 was K Harry.  Is next year's draft really that good?

Yes.

But also it would take 3 Rodgers' worth of value to get Montgomery in most leagues, at least. Start 1 QB? In a 10 teamer?? 

Is Rodgers even an advantage anymore? 

Yes.

But also it would take 3 Rodgers' worth of value to get Montgomery in most leagues, at least. Start 1 QB? In a 10 teamer?? 

Is Rodgers even an advantage anymore? 
Before last week he was.  Dude had 100+ points in two games.  Came back to Earth last week, which is odd as he got his #1 WR back - though was facing a good pass defense.  Next three weeks (including his bye) are brutal.

Before last week he was. 
Not really. He had one monster week (week 7) a very good week (Week 8) and he's been very average to below average otherwise.

In the league I have Rodgers, even as a contender, I wouldn't think twice about accepting that offer - and Darnold is my only backup. I'd just work at getting another starting QB for much cheaper.

Trading away an early first round pick to try and maybe win one game to maybe make the playoffs is not good move in dynasty.

Mayfield is still worth a LOT more than Dwayne Haskins, though.

I guess I'm not really sure of the point I'm making. Since Mayfield had already done it, I'm totally willing to roll the dice with a 3rd over "player to be named later".
Sure but he's not worth more than Mahomes, Watson, or Lamar Jackson (probably not Goff nor Wentz either) who all went in that range within the last few years.

Anyway, point is you can probably get a QB prospect who's at least on par with Baker there in a vacuum.  Given that next year is a particularly good class (and a particularly good QB class) it's probably fair odds you can get a guy at least as likely to hit, if not moreso, than Baker going forward.

Is Baker really any more valuable than Tua, Burrow, Fromm, Herbert, Love?  You'll probably have your choice of three or four of those guys at that pick and at least a couple of them I'd take straight up over Baker without hesitation.

Users who are viewing this thread