What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

Before last week he was.  Dude had 100+ points in two games.  Came back to Earth last week, which is odd as he got his #1 WR back - though was facing a good pass defense.  Next three weeks (including his bye) are brutal.
Let's not pretend last week was some kind of outlier.  The outlier was that big game of his career he had right in the middle of one of the worst full seasons of his career so far.

It's pretty clear the outlier there is the 48.1, not the 14.6.  Heck, his mean score this year is 16.5.

Anyway, point is you can probably get a QB prospect who's at least on par with Baker there in a vacuum.  Is Baker really any more valuable than Tua, Burrow, Fromm, Herbert, Love?  You'll probably have your choice of three or four of those guys at that pick and at least a couple of them I'd take straight up over Baker without hesitation.
Owning Baker is driving me crazy.  I can’t trade him for anything but he’s not droppable. Only gonna get worse as you said. 

14 Team Devy League 1 QB, Passing TD's 4 points, rush/rec 6 points.

L. Jackson for Tyreek Hill and Early 2nd Round Pick. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure but he's not worth more than Mahomes, Watson, or Lamar Jackson (probably not Goff nor Wentz either) who all went in that range within the last few years.

Anyway, point is you can probably get a QB prospect who's at least on par with Baker there in a vacuum.  Given that next year is a particularly good class (and a particularly good QB class) it's probably fair odds you can get a guy at least as likely to hit, if not moreso, than Baker going forward.

Is Baker really any more valuable than Tua, Burrow, Fromm, Herbert, Love?  You'll probably have your choice of three or four of those guys at that pick and at least a couple of them I'd take straight up over Baker without hesitation.
I don't know about more variable but I'd say at least as valuable because you actually have him on your roster.

Getting a 3rd for him, with a hope of replacing him, depends on two things:

One, do all five of Tua, Burrow, Fromm, Herbert, Love step into a starter role?

And two, are you guaranteed to get one with your third round pick?

There's a good chance the answer to both is no. In which case you could have have neither Mayfield NOR the guy you were hoping to replace him with.

Actually during Zealots drafts, especially for IDP drafts, QBs typically don't come off the board until the mid/late 2nd. After they're on a roster it's like pulling teeth to get them off. Guys still think Matt Ryan warrants a 1st!
In Zealots’ format, Ryan probably is “worth a 1st.”  The very deep rosters create positional scarcity, which is the primary driver of positional value.  When owners are able to horde QBs without paying a crippling penalty to their bench depth, it makes “replacement value” extremely low, and thus rostered QBs are worth more than in other leagues.

Similar to the inflated values of the elite TEs.  Not enough to go around means paying a premium to get someone else to part with one.

I don't know about more variable but I'd say at least as valuable because you actually have him on your roster.

Getting a 3rd for him, with a hope of replacing him, depends on two things:

One, do all five of Tua, Burrow, Fromm, Herbert, Love step into a starter role?

And two, are you guaranteed to get one with your third round pick?

There's a good chance the answer to both is no. In which case you could have have neither Mayfield NOR the guy you were hoping to replace him with.
1. Do they need to start day 1? they are all projected eventual starters. If you need a QB to start day 1 you are probably burning a 2nd on one

2. Probably. WR and RB are very deep, plus a small handful of decent TEs

1. Do they need to start day 1? they are all projected eventual starters. If you need a QB to start day 1 you are probably burning a 2nd on one

2. Probably. WR and RB are very deep, plus a small handful of decent TEs
1. They're projected staters. Mayfield is an actual starter. And Love really won't be either.

2. I disagree. There's more positive buzz around Tua & Burrows than typical. If they go to a good spot, they're likely early 2nd round dynasty picks at worst. And it's because people have missed out on guys like Mahomes in their rookie drafts that wil cause QBs to go higher again in drafts.

Anyway, good discussion. There's enough to like about Mayfield to want to have/keep him and enough to dislike about him/like about the dice roll to give him up. I'm on the former camp but understand the latter.

In Zealots’ format, Ryan probably is “worth a 1st.”  The very deep rosters create positional scarcity, which is the primary driver of positional value.  When owners are able to horde QBs without paying a crippling penalty to their bench depth, it makes “replacement value” extremely low, and thus rostered QBs are worth more than in other leagues.

Similar to the inflated values of the elite TEs.  Not enough to go around means paying a premium to get someone else to part with one.
Very good point. I hadn't thought of that.

1. They're projected staters. Mayfield is an actual starter. And Love really won't be either.

2. I disagree. There's more positive buzz around Tua & Burrows than typical. If they go to a good spot, they're likely early 2nd round dynasty picks at worst. And it's because people have missed out on guys like Mahomes in their rookie drafts that wil cause QBs to go higher again in drafts.

Anyway, good discussion. There's enough to like about Mayfield to want to have/keep him and enough to dislike about him/like about the dice roll to give him up. I'm on the former camp but understand the latter.
I guess it all depends on the league and their drafting preferences. I find it hard to believe 4-5 qbs go round 2  when there will be some really good rb and wr talent there. IMO QB run starts being considered around 2.10-12 Tua and Burrows, yes, will likely be gone earlier. They arent even my favorite QBs this draft though. I'd much prefer Herbert or Fromm to Tua. I'd trade Mayfield for either in a heartbeat 

Yeah very league dependent of course, but in my 5 non-SF dynasty leagues none of them have had more than 2 total (not per year) QBs drafted before the start of the 3rd round in the last 4 years combined.

It's true that Burrow/Tua have enough hype that one of them may go before the start of the 3rd (although the Darnold/Baker/Rosen class had a lot of hype as well and none of them went before the 3rd) but I would put it at 80/20 that at least one of those two guys will be available in the 3rd and essentially 100% that the 3rd best QB prospect will be available in the 3rd in any of my leagues.

Granted 3 of my 5 dynasty leagues are FFPC where QB tends to be devalued.

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up

Brown, Marquise BAL WR;

Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick (in the 1.04-1.07 range most likely)

Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick

Team B gave up

Jones, Ronald TBB RB;

Sutton, Courtland DEN WR

12 team PPR

Chris Godwin

For

Marlon Mack, Preston Williams, very late 2nd
I am in that league. Here is what was turned down- Davante Adams for Godwin and Justice Hill. The counter was Godwin and a 4th for Adams for and Josh Jacobs and then this goes through. It is so annoying. 

destro said:
Yeah, I was just making sure I'm not crazy. Here's another one from the same owner. I'm not involved, but the former Godwin owner also traded Mahomes to a different guy in this manner:

Mahomes, 5th round pick

for

Daniel Jones, Frank Gore, Engram, 2nd

...I don't know what's going on with this guy.
My best advice to you... leave this league.  It is not competitive.  I'll give you a flier on Daniel Jones, Engram is good... but Gore?  2nd round pick?  This is either collusion or you are playing with the worst fantasy league in the history of the game.

My best advice to you... leave this league.  It is not competitive.  I'll give you a flier on Daniel Jones, Engram is good... but Gore?  2nd round pick?  This is either collusion or you are playing with the worst fantasy league in the history of the game.
For context here is what he asked for Mahomes before he traded him- Jacobs, AJ Brown, and 2 first round picks.  Then gave him away for nothing. I have a top team, but am leaving after this season. I am retiring from FF. 

Was working a guy at the deadline to get his Duke J and his 2nd for my Goff. I need RB for my playoff push (he has CMC but that just wasn't happening no matter how many 1sts I was throwing at him) and he wants a QB for the future (He has Jameis, Baker, Mariota, Big Ben). He asked and I initially refuted his interest in my Guice but he eventually gave me more than I could turn down.

Goff, Guice, 2020 late 3rd

for 

Hyde, DukeJ, 2020 mid-late 1st, 2020 mid-late 2nd.

I'll manage without Guice in the playoffs lol

12 team .5 PPR, QRRWWWTFlex

I gave: Patrick Mahomes, Mecole Hardman, Chris Herndon, Panthers DEF

I got: Tom Brady, Mike Evans, Trey Burton, Patriots DEF

I also own Lamar Jackson 

12 team .5 PPR, QRRWWWTFlex

I gave: Patrick Mahomes, Mecole Hardman, Chris Herndon, Panthers DEF

I got: Tom Brady, Mike Evans, Trey Burton, Patriots DEF

I also own Lamar Jackson 
I feel like that’s steep for Mike Evans, as D/ST value always scares me in dynasty.

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up

Brown, Marquise BAL WR;

Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick (in the 1.04-1.07 range most likely)

Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick

Team B gave up

Jones, Ronald TBB RB;

Sutton, Courtland DEN WR
i like sutton a lot but wouldnt move a top 1st and brown for him. maybe not either individually depending on my roster

1/2ppr current roster of 

Rivers, Wentz, Bridgewater 

Cook, A Jones, Jamal Williams, Drake, Dj

Davante, Evans, Green, Hamilton, Kirk, Marvin, Kupp

Kelce, Andrews, Waller, Sternberger

Gave up Kirk, Waller and my 1st (likely late)

Got Deshaun and 2 late 2nds

1/2ppr current roster of 

Rivers, Wentz, Bridgewater 

Cook, A Jones, Jamal Williams, Drake, Dj

Davante, Evans, Green, Hamilton, Kirk, Marvin, Kupp

Kelce, Andrews, Waller, Sternberger

Gave up Kirk, Waller and my 1st (likely late)

Got Deshaun and 2 late 2nds
I like the value on the side you gave, but this is one of those deals where you have a stacked team and made it better even though you may have lost value (IMO). Watson makes your starting lineup better. You also gained a roster spot, which is remarkably valuable to a stacked team.

WTF I would absolutely get laughed at if I offered this for Chubb. Congrats.
was his offer

I had a couple 1sts, asked if 1 would get it done to take his temperature. He said would need to be a 1st+, which is fair. Expected to be asked for both 1sts. I asked what the + needed to be, he said at least another player. Ok, vague but fair.

I asked him to give me some sort of range or idea of what type of player, he just responded with 'gallup'. Who is my 5th or maybe 6th receiver. I just sent it hoping he wasnt joking.

I think he thought he was being cheeky by moving on before hunt comes back. I wouldve probably given him both 1sts (mid and late*)  if he asked, even with this draft class. I dont think hunt is a long term threat, and even in the short term if he is, this is still probably the cheapest i could acquire him for. 

was his offer

I had a couple 1sts, asked if 1 would get it done to take his temperature. He said would need to be a 1st+, which is fair. Expected to be asked for both 1sts. I asked what the + needed to be, he said at least another player. Ok, vague but fair.

I asked him to give me some sort of range or idea of what type of player, he just responded with 'gallup'. Who is my 5th or maybe 6th receiver. I just sent it hoping he wasnt joking.

I think he thought he was being cheeky by moving on before hunt comes back. I wouldve probably given him both 1sts (mid and late*)  if he asked, even with this draft class. I dont think hunt is a long term threat, and even in the short term if he is, this is still probably the cheapest i could acquire him for. 
At least he kept his word.  I have had owners do something similar and then you send what they asked for and they back out having "2nd thoughts"....probably because I send them exactly what they asked for they thought they missed something..............and this isn't in cases like yours where it is a severe underpay.  Sometimes its an overpay (in my estimation) but I was willing to do it because i really wanted my guy. 

Zealots IDP PPR

Gave: Mark Ingram, TY Hilton

Got: 2020 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Won it all last year but age & injury has caught up with me this year. Time to start over again.

Not involved but this one was big. 

12 Team PPR

Start QB/2RB/3WR/FLX/TE

Team A is 2-8 and Team B is 6-4 

Team A Receives:

Derrick Henry

Dallas Goedert

2020 1st(projected 7-12)

2020 2nd (projected 5-8)

2020 2nd (projected 8-12)

Team B Receives:

David Johnson

George Kittle

I like it for Team A personally, but that's because I'm really high on this draft class and Goedert's future. 

Not involved but this one was big. 

12 Team PPR

Start QB/2RB/3WR/FLX/TE

Team A is 2-8 and Team B is 6-4 

Team A Receives:

Derrick Henry

Dallas Goedert

2020 1st(projected 7-12)

2020 2nd (projected 5-8)

2020 2nd (projected 8-12)

Team B Receives:

David Johnson

George Kittle

I like it for Team A personally, but that's because I'm really high on this draft class and Goedert's future. 
I love Kittle, but I'll take the other side.  I would sell DJ so hard if I had him in dynasty right now.

10-team PPR.  

I didn't want to deal Montgomery, but....

Montgomery

for

Ertz, Latavius Murray, late 2020 1st

I own Kamara and also have Gordon, Ingram, David Johnson (yikes), Chase Edmonds, Jamaal Williams.  Loaded at TE now with Kittle, Ertz, Andrews, OJ.  

10-team PPR.  

I didn't want to deal Montgomery, but....

Montgomery

for

Ertz, Latavius Murray, late 2020 1st

I own Kamara and also have Gordon, Ingram, David Johnson (yikes), Chase Edmonds, Jamaal Williams.  Loaded at TE now with Kittle, Ertz, Andrews, OJ.  
You killed it, not sure on the hesitancy 

Users who are viewing this thread