What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

Honestly, I should post the other trades that occurred this week also:

Team C got L.Jackson and a late 2nd (either 11 or 12)

Team D (also in LCS with Team B above) got C.Wentz and A.Jones

Team B (same LCS team from above) got D.Brees + C.Herndon + early 5th

Team E got I.Smith TE Min + late 3rd (11 or 12)

The whole thing is pretty interesting: Team B has D.Watson and is down 13 points heading into week 17.  Knows Team C's Jackson is sitting week 17 and so will have to play Fitzpatrick against NE and thinks he has a good chance.  So he trades for Brees relatively cheap due to age and salary ($97 salary in a $325 cap league) to play over Watson, since Watson isn't likely to play a full game.  Team D sees this move and panics (possible first ever championship in 19 years for him) so he makes the above trade to improve his week 17 lineup (his flex player was bad, so getting Wentz and Jones improves his week 17 lineup immensely.

Team B reacts by making the Barkley trade above.  Pretty wild week.

That’s a lot for 1.05 unless you’ve got a specific target in mind.  Who ya lookin at there? 
I feel like there’s a predraft ‘consensus’ top 6 or so from what I’ve read, and assuming one probably gets stuck in a crap situation I’m ok with whichever of the rest falls (I definitely have my preferences about who that is but will avoid tipping my hand as I know some leaguemates come in here from time to time).

Logic was essentially, I’ll be a defending champ with solid depth, but have been piecing things together hitting on a lot of late round picks and waiver guys, so I’m pretty stocked with tier 2 producers but rarely get chances to acquire blue chip assets. I am open to the possibility I overpaid, though (but won’t care if I get my guy).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am open to the possibility I overpaid, though (but won’t care if I get my guy).
It’s a good approach. If you hit on the pick you could be good for years to come at that roster spot. And it sounds like if you miss you still have a solid team. 

This is a major win. DTC agrees- has it in your favor by the value of 2.7

I like this trade because I dont see a major difference between 1.3 and 1.6- you're set to have an option of blue chip player and you're already a league champ. 

Its trades like this that keep teams picking at 1.5
Re: your final point, in a draft like this for a rebuild I could see preferring more bites at the apple. With a stronger roster and limited churnable spots at the end of the bench it feels more clear cut, though.

The other owner is going all in on this class and was sitting on a big stockpile of picks already; he was holding 5/6/7 and a bevy of 2nds before the trade. So it feels in keeping with a reasonable strategy (that differs markedly from mine) and like he should have a decent shot at adding several core players, if that affects the value from the other side

10 Man Full PPR 2QB

Gave:  Chris Godwin

Received:  Derrick Henry

The other guy has the right to reverse the trade if Jameis is not the Week 1 starter in Tampa.  The clause is almost meaningless to me personally, because I feel like unless he does something stupid off the field he's going to be their starter going into the year.

Now, for the actual trade.  I love Chris Godwin.  I was the only person in our league that really had his eye on him during our rookie draft, and I was able to snag him with the 4.01.  But, here are my WR's I still have:

Kenny Golladay

D.J. Moore

D.J. Chark

DeVante Parker

Christian Kirk

Sterling Shepard

I'm still content with that.  

My RB's, however, are a different story.  I didn't really have much outside of Aaron Jones.

Aaron Jones

Devonta Freeman

Matt Breida

Royce Freeman

Damien Williams/Darwin Thompson

And a couple other almost irrelevant guys.  With no 1st round picks in this years draft(traded for Kyler Murray), I felt like I needed to make a move and get another solid RB alongside Jones..  

10 Man Full PPR 2QB

Gave:  Chris Godwin

Received:  Derrick Henry

The other guy has the right to reverse the trade if Jameis is not the Week 1 starter in Tampa.  The clause is almost meaningless to me personally, because I feel like unless he does something stupid off the field he's going to be their starter going into the year.
If you're required to start 2 RB's, then moving Godwin for a high end running back makes perfect sense.  Some may agree or disagree regarding Henry's actual value, but I think you've improved your roster here.

If you're required to start 2 RB's, then moving Godwin for a high end running back makes perfect sense.  Some may agree or disagree regarding Henry's actual value, but I think you've improved your roster here.
Yep, we have to start at least two RB's a week.  7 total between RB/WR.  So, my roster next year theoretically:

Aaron Jones/Derrick Henry

Golladay/Moore/Chark/Kirk/Parker

Yep, we have to start at least two RB's a week.  7 total between RB/WR.  So, my roster next year theoretically:

That being the case, this seems like a good trade for you - might be for the other guy too depending on his needs.  Godwin looks for real.

I think it’s an OK trade but given that Henry (to date) hasn’t been catching passes, in a PPR league I don’t see him worth as much as Godwin.  I would have tried for a different RB but that’s my personal preference. 

I think it’s an OK trade but given that Henry (to date) hasn’t been catching passes, in a PPR league I don’t see him worth as much as Godwin.  I would have tried for a different RB but that’s my personal preference. 
That’s fair, and I don’t really disagree with you. But the way that rbs were spread out in this league most teams only have at most two stud guys, so it’s hard for them to move one. One team(the guy who just won the league, I finished 3rd) has Zeke, Saquon, Chubb and Gurley. And he’s not really willing to move any of them. So I basically realized in order for me to get a rb that was comparable to Godwin in value I may have to lose the trade slightly in a vacuum. But given my WR’s, I was willing to do it. 

Here's a recap of my 10 trades in my dynasty league this season, which I feel like didn't go very well for me but I did win the title.

In the order they occurred. The 2020 picks are as they turned out. 12-team half-PPR.

1. Gave Mahomes, 2020 1.12; Got Julio, Wentz

Comment: Doesn't seem very good considering how I was forced to bail on Wentz as a starter midseason. But Mahomes did regress as I expected, and I do value Julio highly for years to come.

2. Gave 2019 1.08 (Deebo), Tevin and Landry; Got 2020 1.06

Comment: This was with the worst team of previous season. He did better this year, and was unlucky not to make the playoffs. Seems to have turned out pretty fair.

3. Gave 2019 4.09 and 2020 3.12; Got 2019 3.10 (took Waller)

Comment: Considering that the pick panned out, it was a great deal.

4. Gave Waller, Jordan Howard; Got 2020 1.02

Comment: Team was 3-2 at this point but ended up with second-worst record. Great deal for me, if only I didn't undo it.

5. Gave D. Henry, Malcolm Brown; Got 2020 1.03, Anthony Miller, Adrian Peterson

Comment: Seems fair in retrospect, but having D. Henry could have prevented me from making panic moves like the next one ...

6. Gave 2020 1.02, D. Parker; Got TY Hilton, Royce Freeman

Comment: Ouch. Hilton had started with 6 pretty good games. I thought Freeman was still young and was a Lindsay injury away from being a RB2. The 1.02 was the worst of my three first rounders at this point but turned out the best. And Parker outplayed TY the rest of the way.

7. Gave MVS; Got Josh Allen

Comment: This seemingly small trade probably made my season. Wouldn't have gotten first-round bye without it.

8. Gave 2020 1.03, 2020 1.06, Preston Williams, Will Dissly, KeeSean Johnson; Got: Josh Jacobs, Mike Williams, Robby Anderson

Comment: My win-now move, and I ended up not starting any of the three players I received in W16.

9. Gave 2020 2.12; Got Perriman

Comment: No trade deadline. Made this in championship week to take place of my injured Godwin. Helped me win it. Could end up being a good move for future as well.

10. Gave Wentz; Got: Fuller

Comment: Made for W16 matchup, and almost cost me the championship. Could still be good for future, though Wentz is going to be strong when gets real WRs.

Overall: I had a strategy of accumulating what I thought would turn out to be good 2020 picks early in the season, and I ended up getting 1.02, 1.03 and 1.06. I planned to keep at least one of them, but injuries/idiocy with AB, AJG, Tyreek and Guice made me make some moves I otherwise wouldn't have. Amazingly, it seems I didn't need to make any of those trades to win the title. Man, it would be great to have the championship and have picks 2, 3 and 6. I do at least have Jacobs and MWill to show for them, so it's not a total loss. I really only regret Trade No. 6. And the trade I didn't make. I was in discussions to trade Hilton for AJ Brown when Hilton's calf injury occurred and ruined it.

I think Thomas is worth more. Not a Campbell fan at all, I'd move him immediately if I got that side. I'd prefer Godwin and a 2020 1st 

I imagine the Thomas owner is trying to sell him assuming Brees retires in a year or so and wants to sell while he can. 
Was thinking the same thing. It was sort of a tough decision with Godwin only being 23, but Thomas's consistency won me over. This give me a WR core of Thomas, Adams, Diggs, Locket and Parker. Also have Marquise Brown. 

This is a tough call for me. 

Kupp and JuJu have the same top 5 potential. I know who is throwing the ball to Kupp, good or bad. I have no idea what is going on in PIT, and it was obvious JuJu needed a guy on the outside. 

I'd probably take Kupp here, mostly because I like him a ton, but I dont think you can go wrong 
I don't disagree, the age difference is what pushed it to an accept for me, I like both players

12 team 0.5 ppr for WR/TE, start 2RB, 3WR, TE plus flex

Gave: AJ Brown & Cobb

Got: 1.03 and 2.03

Reason: got lucky and won with poor RBs, now have 1.03, 1.05, 1.12 and 2.03 to stock up (plus strong WRs in ODB, Cooper, Moore, Samuels, Cooks)

Gave: Hyde and D Johnson

Got: Hardman and Sternberger

Reason: wanted upside lottery tickets instead of aging RBs.

12 team 0.5 ppr for WR/TE, start 2RB, 3WR, TE plus flex

Gave: AJ Brown & Cobb

Got: 1.03 and 2.03

Reason: got lucky and won with poor RBs, now have 1.03, 1.05, 1.12 and 2.03 to stock up (plus strong WRs in ODB, Cooper, Moore, Samuels, Cooks)

Gave: Hyde and D Johnson

Got: Hardman and Sternberger

Reason: wanted upside lottery tickets instead of aging RBs.
I turned down De'Andre Swift for Brown, so I guess you know where I stand with that trade.  I like the Hardman trade you did.

FFPC

Gave - John Brown

Got - 2020 2.1
 I was going to offer you John Brown for 2.12 in our league the other day but then saw you had already traded that pick. Now my reasoning is mainly roster space driven but still think 2.1 is a really good return.

FFPC this week

Gave Cooper Kupp

Got JuJu
JuJu for me and has mentioned age is biggest variable but also did not like way Kupp was used later in the season. No idea if that will continue next year and he certainly has top 5-10 potential but he went from high weekly volume to more TD dependent.  I do like him, but not sure he's more of a WR5 or WR20 type going forward but again age gap is biggest thing at play here.

10 Team PPR

A: Gallup, Westbrook, 1.02

B: Godwin, 2.02, 3.02
The value seems pretty even.  It's basically your 2nd favorite RB of the draft and Gallup for Godwin and some dart throws to me.  Don't love either side and I think it would depend on what you wanted from the deal.  1.  A safe WR1 pillar of your squad, while being confident you can find good depth with 2.02 and 3.02.  or 2.  A safe WR3 (possibly WR2), and a somewhat risky RB.  

The value seems pretty even.  It's basically your 2nd favorite RB of the draft and Gallup for Godwin and some dart throws to me.  Don't love either side and I think it would depend on what you wanted from the deal.  1.  A safe WR1 pillar of your squad, while being confident you can find good depth with 2.02 and 3.02.  or 2.  A safe WR3 (possibly WR2), and a somewhat risky RB.  
imo the potential upside of the 1.2 pick, along with a decent WR #2, outweighs Godwin.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this query so if this is misplaced please yell at me

Engaged in trade talks with an owner in my 10 team PPR Superflex league.  Entering offseason 2 of a rebuild.  Nailed most of my big trades last year so have a good developing core (Watson, Murray, Godwin, DJ Moore, McLaurin, Montgomery, Engram, Goedert) so probably a year away from true contention.

Owner I'm talking with offered back two potential packages for Jameis Winston (this is pending Jameis returning to Tampa.  Deal wouldn't be consummated before then)

Either 

Juju Smith Schuster for Jameis 

or

AJ Brown and 2.4 for Jameis (already have 1.1, 1.5, 2.2, 2.5)

What say ye?

I am in the minority, but I prefer JuJu over AJ Brown so I would take that deal.  I don't play super flex, so might not know the value of QBs in your league. I just know they are way more valuable in super flex.  10 team makes Qbs less valuable, but Winston is a very good fantasy QB and horrible real life so if you know that he returns to Tampa before you have to pull trigger I do it.

I'd break my finger hitting accept so fast to get 1.3. What a steal
In PPR my finger might survive, but standard yeah QBs are insanely valuable when other positions don't get PPR.  The top QBs will score a ton more than anyone. 

1.03 might get you Tua...  Even the 3rd QB drafted might be well worth it in that league. 

JohnnyU said:
imo the potential upside of the 1.2 pick, along with a decent WR #2, outweighs Godwin.
My RBs are now Barkley, Mixon, Fournette, Guice, Henderson, Armstead, Harris, Edmonds

My WRs are now Godwin, Moore, Boyd, Kirk, Harry, J. Washington, JJAW, Isabella

I felt like it rounded out my team nicely and sets me up to compete next year again and for years to come... 

Nice deal...  In my 12 Team PPR league, Miles is Trade Bait for a Top 5 pick.  Since I don't have 1, I am trying to figure out a package to get there!  

Give me Miles! 
Depending on how the coaching team plan to use him I could see it going either way. I have Miles and I like what I saw down the stretch.

Tex

Depending on how the coaching team plan to use him I could see it going either way. I have Miles and I like what I saw down the stretch.

Tex
Howard being a UFA is just a bonus in my view.  It will still be RBBC, but Sanders should have the top role. 

You think they’ll continue to run RBBC approach?

Tex
That is the Doug Penderson Offense philosophy...  It might not be a 3 headed monster, but Sanders will share touches...  maybe like NOS did with Kamara(70% ~220 touches) /Ingram (30% ~110 touches) ... But Boston Scott will likely be their 3rd RB.  Don't know who will be #2.  Howard might stay....  lots of rookies...  no telling. 

FFPC

Gave - Derrius Guice

Got - 2020 1.7
I can dig it. Guice has tremendous upside, but it’s to the point where I believe he’s just never going to be able to stay on the field for an extended period of time. Let someone else worry about checking the box score of the Washington game every week to make sure Guice hasn’t been injured again. 

I can dig it. Guice has tremendous upside, but it’s to the point where I believe he’s just never going to be able to stay on the field for an extended period of time. Let someone else worry about checking the box score of the Washington game every week to make sure Guice hasn’t been injured again. 
I can see this as a reason to Buy Low.  I was looking to target him if such was the case....  but I am not seeing any Guice owners jumping ship.  

I can see this as a reason to Buy Low.  I was looking to target him if such was the case....  but I am not seeing any Guice owners jumping ship.  
We were saying this last year.  He needs to get healthy and stay healthy.  Right now I consider him a bust after two years of injuries. 

We were saying this last year.  He needs to get healthy and stay healthy.  Right now I consider him a bust after two years of injuries. 
You don't think a little of that AP magic will slide to Guice?  

He has the ultimate recovery role model to follow.  I think the kid has potential and Rivera will run until he falls apart.  Again....

But I understand your point.  I was hesitant last year.  I declined several offers involving him (based more on the total Wash Off train wreck). 

Team A (back to back champ) gets David Johnson 

Team B (rebuilding) gets 1.12
He was traded in one of my leagues for 2.9 and 2.10 and the team trading him away is actually a contender. Obviously hard guy to get a read on and I could see both sides of this but I'd take the 1.12 myself, even if I was a contender. Mainly because if I'm going to buy an older player with 12 I got to at least know the older player is still worthwhile and just don't know that with David Johnson right now.  But again I can see both sides.

Users who are viewing this thread