Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

49 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Ertz and Engram is nothing to sneeze at. It depends what you're like at wr... which you have good depth. Personally I see Sutton as a star. Boyd looks pretty solid, but he could have a Mariota situation or Mahomes... no one knows right now. 

If I had Boyd and I could flip him for Ertz, and I was expecting only 1-2 more years of production from Ertz, I'd probably do it. Not sure I'd flip Sutton... but then again I havent researched outside of the top 6 because that's where all my picks are, and guys are yet to declare. 

This is where I’m at with the offer. I have a lot of WR, and EE isn’t exactly reliable. It’s a multi-flex league but also a mandatory start 1 TE league. 

so there’s no drop-off at WR, while there’s significant drop off if EE gets hurt & I've got to start Uzomah or Hurst. 

Again, I appreciate the feedback.

Apologies to the forum if I’ve overextended discussion beyond the rules in this topic. :) 

33 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Apologies to the forum if I’ve overextended discussion beyond the rules in this topic. :) 

I personally dont care. I like hearing what people have to say too, especially regulars here. Good luck in your offseason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I personally dont care. I like hearing what people have to say too, especially regulars here. Good luck in your offseason. 

There’s been action!  I balked at Sutton for Ertz/1.07 & said I’d take the Boyd for Ertz/2.07. He started renegotiating for Sutton (as I thought he would). 

I played hardball as I don’t really want to lose Sutton. now it’s between:

1. Boyd for Ertz/2.07 (unchanged) 

or

2. Sutton for Ertz/Daniel Jones

bear in mind it’s a superflex league & at present I’ve got Mahomes/Brady/Carr

i should know by tomorrow. I’m ok with either deal, and FWIW dynasty trade calculator has me winning both (though they’re both close) 

happy offseason, and oh yeah, Merry XMas everyone! :lol: 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

5 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Thanks. How much of a drop-off between Boyd & Sutton would you expect?

I don't know. My fantasy mind is mush now. Ertz is hard to gauge and so is Sutton. I'm meh at best on Boyd so I guess that could be the most profitable play. 1.07 could be a great get but kind of a crap shoot.

• Laughing 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

This has also been one of those rare "would you do this trade?" posts that turns into actual, meaningful discussion around the players/picks involved and proved valuable to the thread.  

Ertz and 2.07 would be gone fast for Boyd. Goedert is lurking and 2.07 is meh unless of course you grab a Godwin there. Ertz is also 30 ish.

20 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I have 2 offers to consider from the same owner & would love community feedback:

I have Evan Engram & little depth at TE (Gronk (lol), Uzomah, Hurst) but I’m pretty loaded at WR. Hopkins, Evans, Boyd, Sutton, TyWilliams, ARob, D.Robinson, KeeSean Johnson, Tavon Austin (who could have a larger role if AC is gone), Chester Rodgers & Deon Cain.

i also have very little 2020 draft equity as I had to trade much away for some RB depth & Boyd/KeeSaun. And it’s really, really hard to trust Engram to stay healthy. 

Offer 1

I give Sutton

I get Ertz & a 2020 1st (1.07 of 12 teams)

Offer 2: 

I give Boyd

i get Ertz & a 2020 2nd (2.07)

I like both offers, but I’m leaning towards offer #2. While I’m high on Boyd, Lock showed me enough to want to keep Sutton as a core player. 

also worth noting, we have 5 flex & 1 Superflex, so if EE stays healthy I can arguably start both if needs be (BYE/matchup/just because) so lineup depth isn’t really hurt by either deal. 

Is 2020 draft deep enough to make that 1st rounder worth losing Sutton? Is Boyd too good for just Ertz/2nd? 

Dynasty guru feedback much appreciated. 

Ertz and Higgins or Ruggs and it’s not even close! Take it and run!!

Tex

13 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

There’s been action!  I balked at Sutton for Ertz/1.07 & said I’d take the Boyd for Ertz/2.07. He started renegotiating for Sutton (as I thought he would). 

I played hardball as I don’t really want to lose Sutton. now it’s between:

1. Boyd for Ertz/2.07 (unchanged) 

or

2. Sutton for Ertz/Daniel Jones

bear in mind it’s a superflex league & at present I’ve got Mahomes/Brady/Carr

i should know by tomorrow. I’m ok with either deal, and FWIW dynasty trade calculator has me winning both (though they’re both close) 

happy offseason, and oh yeah, Merry XMas everyone! :lol: 

WOW!!!! You balked at that offer?!?!?

Tex

• Thinking 1

58 minutes ago, BigTex said:

WOW!!!! You balked at that offer?!?!?

Tex

At Sutton for Ertz/1.97 yeah.

I’m waiting for his choice - it’ll be one of the two On the table now and I’m good with either. 

Sutton is arguably my best futures player after Mahomes. He’s an established WR1 on a team with a young QB who just proved to me he can get the ball to him. PPR he’s been money every week, and I think there’s room to grow. 

ertz is 29, and may only have a couple years left. Who knows what I’ll get at 1.07

so I told him if he wants Sutton the price is DJones/Ertz.

if he wants to go less blockbuster I think Boyd for Ertz/2.07 is fair.

the trade calculator has both trades slightly in my favor (superflex league) by like 11% & 14% respectively.

both are fair - both help my team. Hoping for the Boyd deal TBH as I’d like to divest from Bengals and I dunno what their QB situation will be, but if he gives me DJones I’ll stick with Boyd no problem. Them I’ve got 2 solid young QBs and Carr. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

29 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Jones is better than 1.7 in superflex, right? so that’s the play. 

Yeah. 

those are the two offers on the table. I doubt I get a QB at 1.07, which is exactly why I countered. He’s got like 6 QBs. One’s Firzmagic, but he has Dak, Mayfield, Tannehill, etc.

I’m not really looking to move Sutton, so that kinda gives me the advantage in negotiations. We had the deal in place for Boyd. When I got back to him & accepted, he started coming for Sutton again. Felt like I was in a position of strength since he kinda tipped his hand there. 

And he gets to keep his 1.07, which is pretty solid this draft class. 

• Like 1

IDP 35 player performance league.  Q-R-W-W-T-R/W/T plus IDP.

Team A gets Barkley+Parker+5th

for

Team B gets Chubb+Julio+OJ Howard

Team B is in win now mode and is playing for championship this week.

9 hours ago, J3RS3YD3V1L said:

IDP 35 player performance league.  Q-R-W-W-T-R/W/T plus IDP.

Team A gets Barkley+Parker+5th

for

Team B gets Chubb+Julio+OJ Howard

Team B is in win now mode and is playing for championship this week.

Whoa - no trade deadline?  That’s kinda whack.

FWIW I like the Team A side better. Barkley is the best player in the whole deal. Youth, talent. Julio is pretty up & down & Chubb now has KHunt to compete for carries with. 

On 12/25/2019 at 10:25 AM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Yeah. 

those are the two offers on the table. I doubt I get a QB at 1.07, which is exactly why I countered. He’s got like 6 QBs. One’s Firzmagic, but he has Dak, Mayfield, Tannehill, etc.

I’m not really looking to move Sutton, so that kinda gives me the advantage in negotiations. We had the deal in place for Boyd. When I got back to him & accepted, he started coming for Sutton again. Felt like I was in a position of strength since he kinda tipped his hand there. 

And he gets to keep his 1.07, which is pretty solid this draft class. 

Final deal worked out.

I gave: Sutton / 2020 pick 5.10 / 2021 pick 4.xx

i got: Zach Ertz / Daniel Jones 

superflex league, so DJones is a starter along with Mahomes, Carr is now useful depth/BYE & Brady can be dealt to a needy team if he doesn’t retire. 

I’ve still got nice depth at WR with Evans/Hopkins/Boyd/TyWilliams/DCousins/KeeSaun/Deion Cain and now I don’t have to hold my breath on Evan Engram staying healthy. 

Since we have multiple flex spots, if EE does stay healthy I can start both TEs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Whoa - no trade deadline?  That’s kinda whack.

FWIW I like the Team A side better. Barkley is the best player in the whole deal. Youth, talent. Julio is pretty up & down & Chubb now has KHunt to compete for carries with. 

We have an interesting league setup: two week playoff series (so week 17 is part two of the championship) and no trade deadline.  One free agency period between playoff series.

The no trade deadline thing was pretty controversial when we started it a few years back, but holy cow people love it now.  The wheeling and dealing that happens for teams "in the money" as they overpay weaker teams for aging studs to try and win their playoff matchups has been a real treat both for excitement and for encouraging league parity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J3RS3YD3V1L said:

The wheeling and dealing that happens for teams "in the money" as they overpay weaker teams for aging studs to try and win their playoff matchups has been a real treat both for excitement and for encouraging league parity.

lol - that excitement is usually the drama people try to avoid by having a trade deadline. 

i can only imagine how brutal LCG teams get raked over the coals begging for talent for the LCG. :lol: 

each to their own but if I were facing a team for all the marbled that suddenly had Julio or Barkley I’d be livid. 

• Like 1

Hahah!  Well, that's true, but it goes both ways.  Usually both teams in the championship are selling off some of their depth to improve their starting lineups.  ironically, the team in the LCS in this example is the team that GAVE UP Barkley to better position themselves for the Championship (Parker was one of their starters going against NE). 

The flow of up and coming talent from the league's best teams down to the lesser teams is really pretty amazing.

Honestly, I should post the other trades that occurred this week also:

Team C got L.Jackson and a late 2nd (either 11 or 12)

Team D (also in LCS with Team B above) got C.Wentz and A.Jones

Team B (same LCS team from above) got D.Brees + C.Herndon + early 5th

Team E got I.Smith TE Min + late 3rd (11 or 12)

The whole thing is pretty interesting: Team B has D.Watson and is down 13 points heading into week 17.  Knows Team C's Jackson is sitting week 17 and so will have to play Fitzpatrick against NE and thinks he has a good chance.  So he trades for Brees relatively cheap due to age and salary ($97 salary in a $325 cap league) to play over Watson, since Watson isn't likely to play a full game.  Team D sees this move and panics (possible first ever championship in 19 years for him) so he makes the above trade to improve his week 17 lineup (his flex player was bad, so getting Wentz and Jones improves his week 17 lineup immensely.

Team B reacts by making the Barkley trade above.  Pretty wild week.

1 hour ago, EthnicFury said:

12 team .5ppr qwwrrtffd

Gave 1.12, 2.09, 2.12

Got 1.05

That’s a lot for 1.05 unless you’ve got a specific target in mind.  Who ya lookin at there? 

25 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

That’s a lot for 1.05 unless you’ve got a specific target in mind.  Who ya lookin at there? 

I feel like there’s a predraft ‘consensus’ top 6 or so from what I’ve read, and assuming one probably gets stuck in a crap situation I’m ok with whichever of the rest falls (I definitely have my preferences about who that is but will avoid tipping my hand as I know some leaguemates come in here from time to time).

Logic was essentially, I’ll be a defending champ with solid depth, but have been piecing things together hitting on a lot of late round picks and waiver guys, so I’m pretty stocked with tier 2 producers but rarely get chances to acquire blue chip assets. I am open to the possibility I overpaid, though (but won’t care if I get my guy).

Edited by EthnicFury
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EthnicFury said:

I am open to the possibility I overpaid, though (but won’t care if I get my guy).

It’s a good approach. If you hit on the pick you could be good for years to come at that roster spot. And it sounds like if you miss you still have a solid team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EthnicFury said:

12 team .5ppr qwwrrtffd

Gave 1.12, 2.09, 2.12

Got 1.05

This is a major win. DTC agrees- has it in your favor by the value of 2.7

I like this trade because I dont see a major difference between 1.3 and 1.6- you're set to have an option of blue chip player and you're already a league champ. 

Its trades like this that keep teams picking at 1.5

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

This is a major win. DTC agrees- has it in your favor by the value of 2.7

I like this trade because I dont see a major difference between 1.3 and 1.6- you're set to have an option of blue chip player and you're already a league champ. 

Its trades like this that keep teams picking at 1.5

Re: your final point, in a draft like this for a rebuild I could see preferring more bites at the apple. With a stronger roster and limited churnable spots at the end of the bench it feels more clear cut, though.

The other owner is going all in on this class and was sitting on a big stockpile of picks already; he was holding 5/6/7 and a bevy of 2nds before the trade. So it feels in keeping with a reasonable strategy (that differs markedly from mine) and like he should have a decent shot at adding several core players, if that affects the value from the other side

Edited by EthnicFury
  • Like 2

10 Man Full PPR 2QB

Gave:  Chris Godwin

Received:  Derrick Henry

The other guy has the right to reverse the trade if Jameis is not the Week 1 starter in Tampa.  The clause is almost meaningless to me personally, because I feel like unless he does something stupid off the field he's going to be their starter going into the year.

Now, for the actual trade.  I love Chris Godwin.  I was the only person in our league that really had his eye on him during our rookie draft, and I was able to snag him with the 4.01.  But, here are my WR's I still have:

Kenny Golladay

D.J. Moore

D.J. Chark

DeVante Parker

Christian Kirk

Sterling Shepard

I'm still content with that.  

My RB's, however, are a different story.  I didn't really have much outside of Aaron Jones.

Aaron Jones

Devonta Freeman

Matt Breida

Royce Freeman

Damien Williams/Darwin Thompson

And a couple other almost irrelevant guys.  With no 1st round picks in this years draft(traded for Kyler Murray), I felt like I needed to make a move and get another solid RB alongside Jones..  

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

10 Man Full PPR 2QB

Gave:  Chris Godwin

Received:  Derrick Henry

The other guy has the right to reverse the trade if Jameis is not the Week 1 starter in Tampa.  The clause is almost meaningless to me personally, because I feel like unless he does something stupid off the field he's going to be their starter going into the year.

If you're required to start 2 RB's, then moving Godwin for a high end running back makes perfect sense.  Some may agree or disagree regarding Henry's actual value, but I think you've improved your roster here.

Just now, J3RS3YD3V1L said:

If you're required to start 2 RB's, then moving Godwin for a high end running back makes perfect sense.  Some may agree or disagree regarding Henry's actual value, but I think you've improved your roster here.

Yep, we have to start at least two RB's a week.  7 total between RB/WR.  So, my roster next year theoretically:

Aaron Jones/Derrick Henry

Golladay/Moore/Chark/Kirk/Parker

11 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Yep, we have to start at least two RB's a week.  7 total between RB/WR.  So, my roster next year theoretically:

That being the case, this seems like a good trade for you - might be for the other guy too depending on his needs.  Godwin looks for real.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I think it’s an OK trade but given that Henry (to date) hasn’t been catching passes, in a PPR league I don’t see him worth as much as Godwin.  I would have tried for a different RB but that’s my personal preference. 

40 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

I think it’s an OK trade but given that Henry (to date) hasn’t been catching passes, in a PPR league I don’t see him worth as much as Godwin.  I would have tried for a different RB but that’s my personal preference. 

That’s fair, and I don’t really disagree with you. But the way that rbs were spread out in this league most teams only have at most two stud guys, so it’s hard for them to move one. One team(the guy who just won the league, I finished 3rd) has Zeke, Saquon, Chubb and Gurley. And he’s not really willing to move any of them. So I basically realized in order for me to get a rb that was comparable to Godwin in value I may have to lose the trade slightly in a vacuum. But given my WR’s, I was willing to do it. 

16 hours ago, EthnicFury said:

12 team .5ppr qwwrrtffd

Gave 1.12, 2.09, 2.12

Got 1.05

1.05 easily, I'd happily make that deal to move up to 1.05.  

• Like 3

Updated title a week early.  One of the largest threads here!  Can’t wait to see those rookie pick deals all winter. 

• Thanks 1

Here's a recap of my 10 trades in my dynasty league this season, which I feel like didn't go very well for me but I did win the title.

In the order they occurred. The 2020 picks are as they turned out. 12-team half-PPR.

1. Gave Mahomes, 2020 1.12; Got Julio, Wentz

Comment: Doesn't seem very good considering how I was forced to bail on Wentz as a starter midseason. But Mahomes did regress as I expected, and I do value Julio highly for years to come.

2. Gave 2019 1.08 (Deebo), Tevin and Landry; Got 2020 1.06

Comment: This was with the worst team of previous season. He did better this year, and was unlucky not to make the playoffs. Seems to have turned out pretty fair.

3. Gave 2019 4.09 and 2020 3.12; Got 2019 3.10 (took Waller)

Comment: Considering that the pick panned out, it was a great deal.

4. Gave Waller, Jordan Howard; Got 2020 1.02

Comment: Team was 3-2 at this point but ended up with second-worst record. Great deal for me, if only I didn't undo it.

5. Gave D. Henry, Malcolm Brown; Got 2020 1.03, Anthony Miller, Adrian Peterson

Comment: Seems fair in retrospect, but having D. Henry could have prevented me from making panic moves like the next one ...

6. Gave 2020 1.02, D. Parker; Got TY Hilton, Royce Freeman

Comment: Ouch. Hilton had started with 6 pretty good games. I thought Freeman was still young and was a Lindsay injury away from being a RB2. The 1.02 was the worst of my three first rounders at this point but turned out the best. And Parker outplayed TY the rest of the way.

7. Gave MVS; Got Josh Allen

Comment: This seemingly small trade probably made my season. Wouldn't have gotten first-round bye without it.

8. Gave 2020 1.03, 2020 1.06, Preston Williams, Will Dissly, KeeSean Johnson; Got: Josh Jacobs, Mike Williams, Robby Anderson

Comment: My win-now move, and I ended up not starting any of the three players I received in W16.

9. Gave 2020 2.12; Got Perriman

Comment: No trade deadline. Made this in championship week to take place of my injured Godwin. Helped me win it. Could end up being a good move for future as well.

10. Gave Wentz; Got: Fuller

Comment: Made for W16 matchup, and almost cost me the championship. Could still be good for future, though Wentz is going to be strong when gets real WRs.

Overall: I had a strategy of accumulating what I thought would turn out to be good 2020 picks early in the season, and I ended up getting 1.02, 1.03 and 1.06. I planned to keep at least one of them, but injuries/idiocy with AB, AJG, Tyreek and Guice made me make some moves I otherwise wouldn't have. Amazingly, it seems I didn't need to make any of those trades to win the title. Man, it would be great to have the championship and have picks 2, 3 and 6. I do at least have Jacobs and MWill to show for them, so it's not a total loss. I really only regret Trade No. 6. And the trade I didn't make. I was in discussions to trade Hilton for AJ Brown when Hilton's calf injury occurred and ruined it.

Edited by Shrugs
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Denver724 said:

12 Team PPR.

Team A gets Michael Thomas

Team B gets Chris Godwin and Parris Campbell

I think I go mt.

8 hours ago, Denver724 said:

12 Team PPR.

Team A gets Michael Thomas

Team B gets Chris Godwin and Parris Campbell

I think Thomas is worth more. Not a Campbell fan at all, I'd move him immediately if I got that side. I'd prefer Godwin and a 2020 1st 

I imagine the Thomas owner is trying to sell him assuming Brees retires in a year or so and wants to sell while he can. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

I think Thomas is worth more. Not a Campbell fan at all, I'd move him immediately if I got that side. I'd prefer Godwin and a 2020 1st 

I imagine the Thomas owner is trying to sell him assuming Brees retires in a year or so and wants to sell while he can. 

Was thinking the same thing. It was sort of a tough decision with Godwin only being 23, but Thomas's consistency won me over. This give me a WR core of Thomas, Adams, Diggs, Locket and Parker. Also have Marquise Brown. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aunt Jemima said:

FFPC this week

Gave Cooper Kupp

Got JuJu

I think I would still take JuJu. Even in a down year. 

1 hour ago, Aunt Jemima said:

FFPC this week

Gave Cooper Kupp

Got JuJu

This is a tough call for me. 

Kupp and JuJu have the same top 5 potential. I know who is throwing the ball to Kupp, good or bad. I have no idea what is going on in PIT, and it was obvious JuJu needed a guy on the outside. 

I'd probably take Kupp here, mostly because I like him a ton, but I dont think you can go wrong 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 10:46 AM, Dr. Dan said:

This is a tough call for me. 

Kupp and JuJu have the same top 5 potential. I know who is throwing the ball to Kupp, good or bad. I have no idea what is going on in PIT, and it was obvious JuJu needed a guy on the outside. 

I'd probably take Kupp here, mostly because I like him a ton, but I dont think you can go wrong 

I don't disagree, the age difference is what pushed it to an accept for me, I like both players

12 team 0.5 ppr for WR/TE, start 2RB, 3WR, TE plus flex

Gave: AJ Brown & Cobb

Got: 1.03 and 2.03

Reason: got lucky and won with poor RBs, now have 1.03, 1.05, 1.12 and 2.03 to stock up (plus strong WRs in ODB, Cooper, Moore, Samuels, Cooks)

Gave: Hyde and D Johnson

Got: Hardman and Sternberger

Reason: wanted upside lottery tickets instead of aging RBs.

2 minutes ago, DexterDew said:

12 team 0.5 ppr for WR/TE, start 2RB, 3WR, TE plus flex

Gave: AJ Brown & Cobb

Got: 1.03 and 2.03

Reason: got lucky and won with poor RBs, now have 1.03, 1.05, 1.12 and 2.03 to stock up (plus strong WRs in ODB, Cooper, Moore, Samuels, Cooks)

Gave: Hyde and D Johnson

Got: Hardman and Sternberger

Reason: wanted upside lottery tickets instead of aging RBs.

I turned down De'Andre Swift for Brown, so I guess you know where I stand with that trade.  I like the Hardman trade you did.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

FFPC

Gave - John Brown

Got - 2020 2.1

I was going to offer you John Brown for 2.12 in our league the other day but then saw you had already traded that pick. Now my reasoning is mainly roster space driven but still think 2.1 is a really good return.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:11 AM, Aunt Jemima said:

FFPC this week

Gave Cooper Kupp

Got JuJu

JuJu for me and has mentioned age is biggest variable but also did not like way Kupp was used later in the season. No idea if that will continue next year and he certainly has top 5-10 potential but he went from high weekly volume to more TD dependent.  I do like him, but not sure he's more of a WR5 or WR20 type going forward but again age gap is biggest thing at play here.

7 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

FFPC

Gave - John Brown

Got - 2020 2.1

Pick easily. And and Juju fairly easily in the other. 

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Pick easily. And and Juju fairly easily in the other. 

Yeah.  I love John Brown, but you gotta do that.

9 hours ago, Landro21 said:

10 Team PPR

A: Gallup, Westbrook, 1.02

B: Godwin, 2.02, 3.02

I prefer Gallup and the 1.02.

10 hours ago, Landro21 said:

10 Team PPR

A: Gallup, Westbrook, 1.02

B: Godwin, 2.02, 3.02

The value seems pretty even.  It's basically your 2nd favorite RB of the draft and Gallup for Godwin and some dart throws to me.  Don't love either side and I think it would depend on what you wanted from the deal.  1.  A safe WR1 pillar of your squad, while being confident you can find good depth with 2.02 and 3.02.  or 2.  A safe WR3 (possibly WR2), and a somewhat risky RB.