Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

4 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I'm not in any TE premium leagues but did he even get drafted before or at 1.05 last offseason in such leagues? It's hard to imagine one could turn a profit on him.

he went between around 1.08 and 2.02 in mine.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

he went between around 1.08 and 2.02 in mine.

the only thing I'd argue here is that TE's usually take longer so usually worth more in year 2 or 3 then as a rookie. Fant flashed enough that we are pretty positive he'll be good. I didn't think it was that far off but I sold him as I like the top half of rd1 in this draft. In several of my FFPC league he went 1.4-1.7 last year

• Like 1

12 team PPR Superflex

Team A gives:

2020 1.01

2021 2nd

2021 2nd

Team B gives:

2020 1.07

2021 1st

2021 1st

22 minutes ago, BINGBING said:

12 team PPR Superflex

Team A gives:

2020 1.01

2021 2nd

2021 2nd

Team B gives:

2020 1.07

2021 1st

2021 1st

The furthest I would fall giving up the 1.01 is 1.06.  Also, I wouldn't have given two 2nd rd picks to move down to 1.06.  The most I would have considered is the 1.01 and one 2021 2nd for the 1.06 and two 2021 1st rd picks.  I wouldn't even do that for the 1.07.  I would want one of Swift, Dobbins, Etienne, Jeudy, Lamb, or Taylor.

13 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

The furthest I would fall giving up the 1.01 is 1.06.  Also, I wouldn't have given two 2nd rd picks to move down to 1.06.  The most I would have considered is the 1.01 and one 2021 2nd for the 1.06 and two 2021 1st rd picks.  I wouldn't even do that for the 1.07.  I would want one of Swift, Dobbins, Etienne, Jeudy, Lamb, or Taylor.

I agree with your overall point but every year a RB or WR that no one is hyping yet goes to a prime location and gets “overdrafted” so one or two of those guys will likely drop to 1.07.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I agree with your overall point but every year a RB or WR that no one is hyping yet goes to a prime location and gets “overdrafted” so one or two of those guys will likely drop to 1.07.

Regardless, I wouldn't have given two 2nd rd picks in the deal, just one, even if I was willing to get the 1.07 instead of it being the 1.06.  Not to mention that one or two of those players I listed in my top 6 could end up in a crappy situation. 

Edited by JohnnyU

6 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Why would anyone give that for Noah Fant?

This is one of those trades I think the new Fant owner could end up winning but it's just a little  rich to me considering the strength of this draft plus when you acquire someone in FFPC before the cutdown date at end of March I want more value since you are taking on that extra roster spot and enabling the other team to free up one.

But he's 22, he absolutely flashed, this TE class is not overly strong or deep and most TE's pop in year two. I took him at 1.7 last year and don't have one iota of regret.

Since majority of successful fantasy TE's break out or take big year two jumps and are rarely useful as rookies  I don't think it's a stretch to think his value went up because you basically had another team waste the roster spot on him last year.

I just don't like the timing due to roster constraints and general build up of rookie love and feel like if I was looking for a TE I'd not pay more then 10-12 range for him right now and I would label Fant as one of my top "buy" TE's. Look at this another way I would think the odds are considerably low that after months of rookie buildup that if you wanted Fant for 1.5 when rookie drafts start that you can't get it. The 1.5 is just much of more of a fluid likely to increase asset right now to me but now it's spent.

10-team PPR with IDP

gave Miles Sanders, OBJ, 1.07, 1.09

got Saquon, Devin Singletary, Mike Williams

1 hour ago, TheBottomLine said:

10-team PPR with IDP

gave Miles Sanders, OBJ, 1.07, 1.09

got Saquon, Devin Singletary, Mike Williams

I heavily prefer Sanders and the picks here.  As good as Saquon is, give me 2 great picks that I’m confident I can draft quality players with.  Maybe that’s arrogant of me thinking I can draft well.  I have a tier drop after top9 though as well and a few favorites in that range that I like.  

I’m not a believer in Singletary or Mike Williams long term so I’d prefer giving those up instead of getting them.  But I do like the idea of trading OBJ but I wouldn’t put picks with him to get something of value.  

2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I heavily prefer Sanders and the picks here.  As good as Saquon is, give me 2 great picks that I’m confident I can draft quality players with.  Maybe that’s arrogant of me thinking I can draft well.  I have a tier drop after top9 though as well and a few favorites in that range that I like.  

I’m not a believer in Singletary or Mike Williams long term so I’d prefer giving those up instead of getting them.  But I do like the idea of trading OBJ but I wouldn’t put picks with him to get something of value.  

I agree with all of that.   

12 Team PPR

Team A receives: DeAndre Hopkins, DeAndre Washington

Team B receives: Zeke Elliott, Tony Pollard

Edited by ninerfan

Thoughts?  Anyone?  Bueller?

On 1/17/2020 at 6:05 PM, ninerfan said:

12 Team PPR

8 minutes ago, ninerfan said:

Thoughts?  Anyone?  Bueller?

I prefer Zeke.  He is three years younger, but WRs last longer than RBs most of the time, so that is somewhat of an equalizer.

12 Team Non PPR

Team A gives:  

Devin Singletary, Pick 1.11

Team B gives:

Ronald Jones, Rashaad Penny, Dallas Goedert, Pick 2.02

1 minute ago, The Captain said:

12 Team Non PPR

Team A gives:  

Devin Singletary, Pick 1.11

Team B gives:

Ronald Jones, Rashaad Penny, Dallas Goedert, Pick 2.02

I'm not a believer in Penny or Jones, but I do love Goedert.  I suppose it's a fair trade, but what it really boils down to to me is Singletary and the 1.11 vs Goedert and the 2.02.  I probably still side with Singletary and the 1.11.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 9:05 PM, ninerfan said:

12 Team PPR

Good even trade IMO. 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:05 PM, ninerfan said:

12 Team PPR

Too light for Elliot IMO. He scores more in general, more consistently, at a more premium position. Plus Pollard is someone of real value, to Elliot owner or otherwise. I know I own Pollard in two leagues and you'd need a second to pry him away from me.

• Like 1

10 team IDP

Baker Mayfield, David Montgomery, Mecole Hardman

For

Lamar Jackson, Foster Moreau

Edited by Ben & Jerry's

20 minutes ago, gabes1919 said:

12 team ppr superflex

Gave Kupp

Got 1.09, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd

Picks 

• Like 2

FFPC - Not involved

Will Dissly got traded straight up for Ronald Jones

FFPC

Gave: Tevin Coleman and Jared Goff

Got: Rashad Penny

Was going to cut Goff. Had Tevin as my last keeper but wanted to upgrade as I don’t think he is worth keeping. I anticipate Penny missing all or most of next season which is fine as team has no immediate needs and I think he still might be a good long term play who I can likely stash on IR next season and not take up a roster spot.

On 1/26/2020 at 2:02 PM, Ben & Jerry's said:

10 team IDP

Baker Mayfield, David Montgomery, Mecole Hardman

For

Lamar Jackson, Foster Moreau

Lamar, easily

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 Team PPR 1/2/2/1/ 2 Flex 

I needed an upgrade on WR3 (D Adams, T Lockett, M Sanu, M Boykin, T Gabriel) & had all late picks (4 round rookie draft) limited space on Roster to use picks anyway....

Got:  Cin WR John Ross

Gave: 2.11, 4.06, 4.11, 4.12 

Same league as above post.... not involved...

Team A Gave up: N'Keal Harry NEP WR

Team B Gave up: Christian Kirk ARZ WR

47 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Same league as above post.... not involved...

Team A Gave up: N'Keal Harry NEP WR

Team B Gave up: Christian Kirk ARZ WR

Gimme the Kirk side 

• Like 1

Two trades were made in two of my dynasty leagues:

12 team, ppr, superflex:

Zeke Elliott for 1.04, 1.09, 1.11, 2.04

and

12 team, ppr:

Saquon for 1.02, 1.10, 1.12, and Stefon Diggs

27 minutes ago, Maven25 said:

Two trades were made in two of my dynasty leagues:

12 team, ppr, superflex:

Zeke Elliott for 1.04, 1.09, 1.11, 2.04

and

12 team, ppr:

Saquon for 1.02, 1.10, 1.12, and Stefon Diggs

Honestly seems pretty cheap for both running backs...

• Like 3

This one just went down in my league (not involved).  10 team superflex PPR

Team A sends: Justice Hill and 2.3

Team B sends Mark Andrews

Team receiving Hill is also the Ingram owner for what that's worth.  

FFPC

Gave: Tevin Coleman, Jared Goff

Got: Rashad Penny

Goff was going to be a cut and I don't think Tevin is deserving of making a 14 man off-season roster but he was my current 14th and last keeper and I needed to make an upgrade and view RB as my teams biggest need.

My expectation with Penny is that he misses all or most of next season. Anything else would be a bonus.

When I do cuts my RB's look like they will be  Penny along with Kamara/Latavius, Dalvin/Mattison and Bell. So basically 2 starters who I got handcuffed and  Bell as my #3RB.  My idea here is that I stash Penny on IR most or all of next year, and hopefully in 2021 he enters my RB mix which with hope he replaces Bell as my RB3. Cost of this was basically free or whatever I could get for Goff/Tevin so pretty happy with this fairly minor trade even if I think first chance I see benefit is likely 2021.

2 hours ago, coachoneill said:

Andrews by a million.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Honestly seems pretty cheap for both running backs...

Superflex  makes picks a bit more valuable, so I dont think it's that bad as high 1st rounder will bet a great QB prospect. 

• Like 2

Gave:  Clev TE D Njoku                                                                 

Got: Mia WR Preston Williams & JAX WR Dede Westbrook 

I still have TE's LAR Tyler Higbee, NOS Jared Cook, OAK/LV Darren Waller, WAS Jeremy Sprinkle & NYG Kaden Smith). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

I still have TE's LAR Tyler Higbee, NOS Jared Cook, OAK/LV Darren Waller, WAS Jeremy Sprinkle & NYG Kaden Smith). 

Unicorn by several Njokus.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

On 1/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, coachoneill said:

Ouch.  Andrews by a lot.  By the time Ingram is done BALT will probably have a much better option than Hill to take over the role.

1 hour ago, coachoneill said:

Another one just went down in my 10 team PPR superflex

Team A sends: Devonta Freeman

Team B sends: Darius Slayton

Slayton

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

55 minutes ago, fredsavage said:

Unicorn by several Njokus.

7 minutes ago, RushHour said:

Seconded. 

Thanks for the feedback... I was surprised by the offer... I was afraid I was missing something...  He has Kittle so I was not sure his goal.  

7 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

Thanks for the feedback... I was surprised by the offer... I was afraid I was missing something...  He has Kittle so I was not sure his goal.  

I agree with the majority here so far on this deal but my guess is he is banking on new coaches to give Njoku the chance he didn’t get with Kitchens, at least this past season.

I've been trying to buy Njoku cheap myself as I think he go doghoused and am hopeful his talent didn’t just up and leave.

This was not a buy low however.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

Williams. I don't understand the love for Njoku, he drops too many balls and too many mouths to feed in Cleveland.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, battlestar said:

I agree with the majority here so far on this deal but my guess is he is banking on new coaches to give Njoku the chance he didn’t get with Kitchens, at least this past season.

I've been trying to buy Njoku cheap myself as I think he go doghoused and am hopeful his talent didn’t just up and leave.

This was not a buy low however.

Well, some illumination on the other owner's plans....  He traded SF TE George Kittle  for ARZ Christian Kirk & 1.11 pick

10 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I would have preferred to give up Waller, but you did come out on top

I had been offering Waller as Trade Bait.. but no takers...  The only targets were Higbee & Njoku

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

Well, some illumination on the other owner's plans....  He traded SF TE George Kittle  for ARZ Christian Kirk & 1.11 pick

😖

1 hour ago, fredsavage said:

😖

Whatever that is, I second it. Kittle all day.  At least in my world. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

I had been offering Waller as Trade Bait.. but no takers...  The only targets were Higbee & Njoku

As an owner of both Waller and njoku I’d prefer to keep Waller but it’s definitely closer than the low end of where I have seen njoku valued

• Like 1

10 team big play IDP dynasty

DE  Clelin Ferrell

for

WR John Ross

TE Chris Herndon

for 

LB Bud Dupree + 2020 5th round pick

7 hours ago, Ben & Jerry's said:

10 team big play IDP dynasty

TE Chris Herndon

for 

LB Bud Dupree + 2020 5th round pick

Herndon is an interesting piece.  He is very hard to place a value on because Griffin did well in his place and the Jets are a mess. 

Dupree seemed to put it together for this last year and should still get favorable matchups with Watt on the other side.  I probably like the Dupree side in big play scoring.

FFPC

Gave: Julio, Bell, 2.4

Got: 1.3, 1.4

I took Julio and Bell in the 2013 startup. Getting 7 years out of these two and being able to flip them for two premium picks is about as good as it gets to me. My team had a 5 year run of finishing first or second end this year but was still the highest scoring team in the league but the two I gave up and AB(who I also took in that 2013 startup) were either all on downward descent or it was coming so to be able to try and start over on another run is very exciting to me.  I already had picks 6 and 8, so now  have 4 of top 8 picks to go with along with main young core pieces of Mahomes, Dalvin, Kamara, Evans, JuJu, Deebo, Kittle and Engram.

• Like 5