What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

A good rule of thumb is to decrease picks 2 years out by 1 round for value given you have to wait forever for it to pay off, but in this case 2021 is only a year out. 

Regardless, youd have to finish top 3 in 2020 to make this pay off. This, to me, looks like a classic case of buying into 2020 being a way better draft class than 2021, which may not be the case. It may be better, but I'm not sure it's that much to make this trade.

IMO almost any time you can trade 1.12 for any future 1st round pick, it's a win.
This is the entirety of your post.  The bolded is made without qualification, and the second paragraph is an assessment of the specific trade you were replying to.  The third paragraph is sound strategy, but not relevant to the first paragraph.  (It even undermines it to an extent,  by suggesting that 1.12, which is almost a 2nd round pick, is worth less than a 1st next year.  Not that next year’s pick would be worth less for being a year out.)

Accordingly, it’s rather rude and insulting to double down with an accusation that people aren’t reading what you wrote, and implying we are all idiots compared to “other dynasty forums.”  Please point me to what you wrote that indicates you didn’t really mean the bolded part above, because I guess I’m one of those idiots...it isn’t at all obvious to me:

Right. I'm talking about value in a trade. if someone offers me a 2022 first or a 2021 first, I'm taking the 2021 1st. If he wants to give me the 2022 1st it will require more, because the 2022 1st is worth less than 2021 since I have to wait 2 more years to use it, and then time for that player to develop. 

That's what I'm talking about. No one would trade a 2021 1st for a 2020 2nd. That's not what I'm talking about. Wish people would read everything rather than snippets or just one post. $5 says I have to repeat this at least 1 more time for someone who didnt read this and thinks I'm saying a 2021 1st is equal value to a 2020 2nd 

I'm surprised this is such a foreign concept in this forum. Other dynasty-based forums this is common knowledge and not misinterpreted
By the way, the part about a 1st in 2020 being worth more than a future 1st is common sense, but irrelevant to the discussion of how much discounting to apply.  My only contention is that the discount in value is far smaller than the drop to a second round pick.

You make a lot of good posts and I like your insight on things, but you have a tendency to take cheap shots at people who disagree with you, and I’m  disappointed to find myself on the receiving end today.

No one would trade a 2021 1st for a 2020 2nd.
I'm jumping in on this in mid-discussion, so I may be taking this out of context, but i've pulled this off more times than I can count.  I've moved mid 3rd's for  future 2nds, then moved those mid 2nds for a future 1st.  I may have to throw in a junk player here or there to get it done, but I get it done.  Obviously I wait until the pick is on the clock in most situations, but teams desperate to make the playoffs will bite over any crumb player thrown their way.  It's why I always try to get my hands on tons of late picks.  Matt Kelley / Rotounderworld calls it the Golden Loom.  If you are willing to keep trading back every time you are on the clock in a rookie draft you will be drowning in picks for years to come.

Cooks got traded in one of my leagues for 3.11 and the guy had to kick in a defensive upgrade to get that. That might be a little cheap but closer to most leagues reality IMO.
That's probably on the very low side of his value.  I would take a mid-late 2nd at this point.

12 team ppr sf, just finished up the start up draft with rookies in so there will be no rookie draft this year

Gave Mike Williams and Darrel Henderson

Got 2021 1st

Wasn’t a believer in Henderson anyway, only had him to handcuff Gurley. I’m not buying into the hype of the Rams moving on from Gurley and even if they did, don’t think Henderson would be the guy.

Zealots PPR IDP 

Gave: 1.11 & Dwayne Haskins

Got: Kyler Murray

Rebuild and my best starter is Daniel Jones. Still have the 2, 8, and multiple 2nds-6ths.

Zealots rosters are big (51 including IDPs) and QBs are hard to pry away. It was either this or draft Joe Burrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team ppr sf, just finished up the start up draft with rookies in so there will be no rookie draft this year

Gave Mike Williams and Darrel Henderson

Got 2021 1st

Wasn’t a believer in Henderson anyway, only had him to handcuff Gurley. I’m not buying into the hype of the Rams moving on from Gurley and even if they did, don’t think Henderson would be the guy.
With the way Rams use their RBs I don't blame you, but I think you're underestimating Henderson at this point.

With the way Rams use their RBs I don't blame you, but I think you're underestimating Henderson at this point.
I'll lose an opportunity short term if the Rams do move Gurley but I don't think they will. I wasn't enamored with Henderson coming out and him going to the Rams didn't do anything to change that. The hype around him reminded me a lot of Rashad Penny, I lot of excitement over his gaudy stats against lesser competition. I wasn't impressed by his tape. I could be wrong but I'm happy to get a 1st for guys I picked in the 10th and 15th of a start up

Saying that I don't think it's always a mistake to give up a future one for a current second but that's when that pick is OTC and you know exactly what you are buying. I think it's awful to do it any other time.
It very rarely (perhaps never) happens outside of that situations - but as you are implying I've seen multiple times where some one trades a future first for a second round pick on the clock. Obviously the buyer felt that a first round talent has fallen.

It very rarely (perhaps never) happens outside of that situations - but as you are implying I've seen multiple times where some one trades a future first for a second round pick on the clock. Obviously the buyer felt that a first round talent has fallen.
Yes it's very rare to see it happen before but  I've seen it. And I'm not sure what started this conversation, maybe it was NE Revivals trade?  In one of his trades he picked up 1.12 for a future first and that's a point I was trying to make. That's a pick away from a second, almost splitting hairs, I can't do that kind of deal unless I know what I'm buying. Maybe even after the real NFL draft you can comfortably say I know for sure I'll take any of these 12 players  and be good but go to at least wait for that.

I once traded  2.7 OTC in 2014 for a future one and I got super lucky with were that pick turned out the next year but at the time no one really thought it was a bad trade for the guy to make to get the 2.7.  That was the great WR draft. Kelvin Benjamin was still on the board and he went in late round one in some leagues. I was going to pick Mark Ingram who had been cut(FFPC). The guy who got the 2.7 chose neither and went with Allen Robinson so he kind of nailed the pick. Point just being I don't get caught up in the pick number when it's OTC, 2.7 might be acceptable in one draft but 2.1  not acceptable in another to give up a future first. It's about the player not the pick when OTC, but until you know the player it's about the pick and it's hard for me to justify giving a future one for a current 2.

That's probably on the very low side of his value.  I would take a mid-late 2nd at this point.
Cooks got traded in one of my leagues for 3.11 and the guy had to kick in a defensive upgrade to get that. That might be a little cheap but closer to most leagues reality IMO.
I think in most leagues you are right. This is FFPC and even as FFPC goes WR's have been very hard to trade in this league for any kind of fair value. The guy who dealt Cooks even posted on the league MB he'd take a third for me so it's not like the whole league did not have a chance.  When he posted he was available I wanted to make an offer but already struggling to move some players and looking at flat cutting some players fairly close to Cooks value. But in most leagues I do think his value should be more where you indicated.

Yes it's very rare to see it happen before but  I've seen it. And I'm not sure what started this conversation, maybe it was NE Revivals trade?  In one of his trades he picked up 1.12 for a future first and that's a point I was trying to make. That's a pick away from a second, almost splitting hairs, I can't do that kind of deal unless I know what I'm buying. Maybe even after the real NFL draft you can comfortably say I know for sure I'll take any of these 12 players  and be good but go to at least wait for that.

I once traded  2.7 OTC in 2014 for a future one and I got super lucky with were that pick turned out the next year but at the time no one really thought it was a bad trade for the guy to make to get the 2.7.  That was the great WR draft. Kelvin Benjamin was still on the board and he went in late round one in some leagues. I was going to pick Mark Ingram who had been cut(FFPC). The guy who got the 2.7 chose neither and went with Allen Robinson so he kind of nailed the pick. Point just being I don't get caught up in the pick number when it's OTC, 2.7 might be acceptable in one draft but 2.1  not acceptable in another to give up a future first. It's about the player not the pick when OTC, but until you know the player it's about the pick and it's hard for me to justify giving a future one for a current 2.
Last year people were trading mid 1st rounders straight up for future 1sts.

I traded a future 1st and 2nd for pick 5 and a 3rd, and the guy fully knew my team was going to make the playoffs.

Probably an anomaly though.  

Last year people were trading mid 1st rounders straight up for future 1sts.

I traded a future 1st for pick 7, and the guy fully knew my team was going to make the playoffs.

Probably an anomaly though.  
I've done that more then once and some other factors, like roster space,  are some factors when I've done it's usually because I feel the current draft is weak and expectations are the following year's draft is stronger which seems to be how consensus felt last year.

What I do at end of NFL draft is grade out how many players I give a first round fantasy grade. The 2014 had the most, was 15-16. Some years it's been as low as 7.  I recall the 2016 draft was one where I had 7 players with a first round grade(I certainly missed on some players but that's a different discussion). I had picks 6-8 that year. I took the last two I had a first round grade on at 6-7 so to me I was just picking a second round guy with a first round price tag after that. I hawked the pick trying to find someone who would give me a strong looking 2017 first but in the end had to make the pick or accept a deal for 2017 first that looked like a playoff team and I got nothing else for it.

But I would not have made that move, where I gave up the 8 for a playoff looking teams future first(which turned out to be pick 8 the next year), until I was OTC and I already knew at this point the 2017 RB class was supposed to be really good.  But had  I been able to draft one of the players I took at 6-7 I'd have kept the pick instead of giving a current pick for one that seemed like it would be similar the next year with nothing else in return.

I traded 1.06 OTC last year (would have taken Metcalf and my trade partner did) for a 2021 1st and 2nd that ended up 1.07 and 2.07. 

In a different league I just saw three 2nds (one in 2020 and two in 2021) for the 1.10 this year.

FFPC:

Team A gives Mack

Team B gives Mahomes

A couple people have posted a complaint so we will see if it stands. I was offered Mahomes for my Juju and I countered but didn't hear back and then this went through. I even like Mack a bit more than most but I think this is a bit lopsided. Probably fair though in terms of letting it stand. I hate it.

FFPC:

Team A gives Mack

Team B gives Mahomes

A couple people have posted a complaint so we will see if it stands. I was offered Mahomes for my Juju and I countered but didn't hear back and then this went through. I even like Mack a bit more than most but I think this is a bit lopsided. Probably fair though in terms of letting it stand. I hate it.
Hard to veto in Dynasty.  Almost have to let it stand but I'd have taken Mahomes in that deal all day.  Curious....why wouldn't you have jumped at giving Juju for Mahomes?  Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Hard to veto in Dynasty.  Almost have to let it stand but I'd have taken Mahomes in that deal all day.  Curious....why wouldn't you have jumped at giving Juju for Mahomes?  Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Well I jumped at a mild counter. But honestly Juju is probably a great buy low right now and probably a hold for me. With Ben coming back and him having perhaps 10 more years of WR1/WR2 production ahead of him (yes I'm obviously assuming he remains productive after Ben) I think he really should be worth more than Mahomes in a standard FFPC. I don't mind that I missed out on him, I mind that somehow Mack straight up is what got it done. But not veto worthy. Just ####ty.

Well I jumped at a mild counter. But honestly Juju is probably a great buy low right now and probably a hold for me. With Ben coming back and him having perhaps 10 more years of WR1/WR2 production ahead of him (yes I'm obviously assuming he remains productive after Ben) I think he really should be worth more than Mahomes in a standard FFPC. I don't mind that I missed out on him, I mind that somehow Mack straight up is what got it done. But not veto worthy. Just ####ty.
It is horrible to see those trades for sure but have to live with a dumb decision by an owner.  I guess I'm not that high on Juju even though I think he has a bounce back year.  Not sure he is a true #1.  Doesn't look to get as open without AB taking the safety out of the picture for him.  Plus, he is 23....there is no way he is extremely productive until he is 33.  Maybe 31 if you are are lucky and that doesn't even count that Big Ben will have retired well before then and he is still struggling with average QBs.  Also, most of my leagues do give 6 points for a QB TD so they are a touch more valuable but Mahomes could be the man for 15 more years.

FFPC:

Team A gives Mack

Team B gives Mahomes

This is one where I’m sure it would make a little more sense knowing the roster of the guy getting Mack. If he’s got two other decent qbs in a one QB league and his rbs are weak, I don’t think it’s too egregious. My dynasty league is 2QB so it wouldn’t even be in the ballpark, but qbs are at a much higher premium there. I’d still take Mahomes in a vacuum, but it’s not terrible. 

Was offered a 2020 3rd & 4th (3.06, 4.07) for Brady in a superflex. I’ve got DJones, Mahomes, Brady & Carr. 

no brainer, right? 

gonna sleep on it. 🤔 
Can’t pull the trigger.  Looked closer & the 4th is actually 4.10 from another team. 

Brady ain’t great, but in a superflex he’s more valuable than that offer. 

Countered for 2020 3.05 & 2021 2.xx

we’ll see what they say. 

This is one where I’m sure it would make a little more sense knowing the roster of the guy getting Mack. If he’s got two other decent qbs in a one QB league and his rbs are weak, I don’t think it’s too egregious. My dynasty league is 2QB so it wouldn’t even be in the ballpark, but qbs are at a much higher premium there. I’d still take Mahomes in a vacuum, but it’s not terrible. 
Well it's way below market value, even in one-QB standard leagues. This guy did have other QBs, so yes to that one, but he is already very strong at RB, elite even. But he has zero WRs worth a damn, and no TEs. Now he has 5 stud RBs and Mack (I like him but I can't call him a stud unless he survives FA and the draft). Someone else is ragging on him for taking another RB instead of a WR (like Juju as he was targeting with me), but I actually don't mind that strategy other than to say he should have got more on that side. RBs are always valuable and he can certainly still flip them. The way his roster looks today is not necessarily relevant if he can swing a couple more deals by week 1. Which there is no reason to think he can't. So anyway someone filed a formal complaint but it was turned down. Trade stands. Dude is getting roasted hard right now. 

This one just went down in an FFPC league of mine and it's causing an uproar.

New owner just took over a team and gave Zeke AND Waller for picks 4 and 6.

What is worse is he turned down an offer of Godwin and a solid looking 2021#1 for Zeke.

Just made a HUGE trade. It’s my best roster out of 10 PPR dynasty leagues. Love my return but did I overpay? 12 team league. 

Gave: Jacobs, Lindsay, Julio, Deebo Samuel, 3.11
Got: CMC and 1.1

Can post my roster (I had depth to make the move) but in a vacuum thoughts? 

This one just went down in an FFPC league of mine and it's causing an uproar.

New owner just took over a team and gave Zeke AND Waller for picks 4 and 6.

What is worse is he turned down an offer of Godwin and a solid looking 2021#1 for Zeke.
Yigh-yigh-Yigh (I don't know how to type that one)

Just made a HUGE trade. It’s my best roster out of 10 PPR dynasty leagues. Love my return but did I overpay? 

Damn. That’s a big one.

I’ll take your side pretty easily. You gave up a lot, but are getting two extremely valuable assets.

Just made a HUGE trade. It’s my best roster out of 10 PPR dynasty leagues. Love my return but did I overpay? 

I love it for you. I could be talked out of it but first impression is Jacobs, Deebo and Julio for CMC plus maybe a small fraction of the value on the 1.01, leaving the remaining majority of that 1.01 for Lindsay and 3.11, which is a great value. I realize that's a bit of a weird way to stack it, leave me alone, weed is legal in Oregon and it's Friday. Otherwise I would have to say that you got the two biggest pieces of the deal. IDK Jacobs and Julio = 1.01? Leaving Lindsay, Deebo and 3.11 for CMC. Yes please.

I felt for sure I had the depth to do it, and had to make a 3 for 1 (or 4 for 1) trade just to get down to 22 total players and picks. This is my updated roster and probably the best team I’ve had in decades of playing dynasty. But will point out I’ve lost in the finals 2 years in a row. 

Updated roster after trade:

Winston, Jones, Haskins, T Hill
CMC, Zeke, Chubb, Henderson, Edmonds, Mike Boone 
Hopkins, Hill, Evans, Hardman, Hollywood Brown, Preston Williams, Diontae Johnson, JJAW
Kelce, Engram
Picks 1.1, 1.3, 1.11 

It is horrible to see those trades for sure but have to live with a dumb decision by an owner.  I guess I'm not that high on Juju even though I think he has a bounce back year.  Not sure he is a true #1.  Doesn't look to get as open without AB taking the safety out of the picture for him.  Plus, he is 23....there is no way he is extremely productive until he is 33.  Maybe 31 if you are are lucky and that doesn't even count that Big Ben will have retired well before then and he is still struggling with average QBs.  Also, most of my leagues do give 6 points for a QB TD so they are a touch more valuable but Mahomes could be the man for 15 more years.
On JuJu. His sampling size of games without AB and a fully healthy Big Ben is not much but what little we've seen it's been pretty solid. Not a knock on JuJu when I say this but he might not be who defenses consider the true #1 next year either....Not sure why you could say he won't be productive at 33. Maybe he'll peter out way before then but not sure how you can that for sure, not that most people would factor that to much into his value....the QB is a legit issue but if he's having a good year next year people won't be so wrapped up in that and he'd be easy to move if inclined.

As for Mahomes I love him and he's one of few legit difference making QB's. But WR>QB in FFPC. I'm loosely in 6 FFPC leagues and I say loosely because two of them are private scoring leagues with FFPC rules but one has two extra roster spots and the other has same roster spots but no K so it's like having an extra. So those league are easier to keep two QB's and  make it harder to get one but just the same I'll use those. In my 6 FFPC leagues these are my teams QB's and cost to acquire.  This exercise is not to brag on my QB's, just to highlight why I value the WR more if it's remotely close.

1. Mahomes for $1 in FA during his rookie year

2. Mahomes for pick 2.10 in the off-season after his rookie year. My backup is Dak  who I'm keeping and and I took in round 6 of rookie draft last year.

3. Watson for around $70 in FA. In this league I also drafted Lamar in round 3 and cut him.

4. Watson for around $70 in FA. In this league I drafted Lamar in round 4, cut him, and picked him back for $7. Ended up dealing him last season as headliner in package deal for Julio, a trade I think I got smoked on in hindsight.

5. Not in same class as Mahomes/Watson/Lamar  but legit upside in Kyler Murray for pick 2.4. In this league I picked Brady in round 13 of startup in 2014, got 5 years out of him and chose Kyler to replace him last year.

6. Kyler Murray for 2.5

Best WR I drafted in round two was JuJu at pick 2.7. Nothing else even close. Best WR I ever drafted after round 3 was Golladay in the 5th, nothing else ever remotely close. Never got more then a WR3 type off waivers.

Mahomes, along with Lamar and Watson are not throw away's for sure. I put a high value on them all, but not to the point I can take them over a WR with the youth and history of production as JuJu. Maybe I suck at drafting WR's, but just can't turn a JuJu into Mahomes. Might look like a bad take soon but can't do it.

Well it's way below market value, even in one-QB standard leagues. This guy did have other QBs, so yes to that one, but he is already very strong at RB, elite even. But he has zero WRs worth a damn, and no TEs. Now he has 5 stud RBs and Mack (I like him but I can't call him a stud unless he survives FA and the draft). Someone else is ragging on him for taking another RB instead of a WR (like Juju as he was targeting with me), but I actually don't mind that strategy other than to say he should have got more on that side. RBs are always valuable and he can certainly still flip them. The way his roster looks today is not necessarily relevant if he can swing a couple more deals by week 1. Which there is no reason to think he can't. So anyway someone filed a formal complaint but it was turned down. Trade stands. Dude is getting roasted hard right now. 
Yeah, sounds like he should’ve targeted a WR instead then. But for what it’s worth, there’s already reports out that Indy wants to extend Mack after the combine. 

Just made a HUGE trade. It’s my best roster out of 10 PPR dynasty leagues. Love my return but did I overpay? 12 team league. 

It's huge. I don't think you overpaid especially in light of having depth.  I don't think you got a steal either but one heck of a huge trade where both sides got a lot in return. My roster makeup would determine which side I'd want to be on.

barackdhouse said:
FFPC:

Team A gives Mack

Team B gives Mahomes

I honestly don't know which side is not even.  I love Mack though and devalue QB's so my guess would be that people are upset that Mahommes was a steal?

I honestly don't know which side is not even.  I love Mack though and devalue QB's so my guess would be that people are upset that Mahommes was a steal?
Yeah. He absolutely could have had more, IMO. This owner doesn't seem to know how to send counters. I devalue QBs in this format quite a bit actually, and I have done really well flipping them over the years by people who value them higher. I do feel a difference maker like Mahomes is worth investing in, though. But I feel it definitely goes Juju>Mahomes>Mack with something like a 1st round rookie pick difference between each level. Yeah I'm definitely higher on Juju. When he bounces back next year his value will spike again. Even if he does end up sputtering with a new QB later after Ben leaves. This offseason doesn't seem like the time to move him. FWIW I had countered with Juju and a 2021 2nd for Mahomes and 1.09. I was ready to meet in the middle so when I say I prefer Juju it's not by a ton.

you traded Jacob's and a bu ch of ho-hum (julio is almost too old) for CMC and 1.1. that's a bargain 
Agreed. I think CMC (RBs age in dog years and CAR may be a nightmare next season) is a decent sell high candidate but that doesn’t come close to what I would want....and then he gets the 1.01 as well....great trade

Andy Dufresne said:
Zealots PPR IDP 

Gave: 1.11 & Dwayne Haskins

Got: Kyler Murray

Rebuild and my best starter is Daniel Jones. Still have the 2, 8, and multiple 2nds-6ths.

Zealots rosters are big (51 including IDPs) and QBs are hard to pry away. It was either this or draft Joe Burrow.
Same league/same teams

Gave: AJ Green, Lavonte David, Telvin Smith

Got: Sam Hubbard, 2.01

I think Hubbard is an IDP player on the rise. And I should get something good with the 2.01.

Conversely, Green is in obvious decline, David will cede more and more to Devin White, and who knows if Smith will play again?

Agreed. I think CMC (RBs age in dog years and CAR may be a nightmare next season) is a decent sell high candidate but that doesn’t come close to what I would want....and then he gets the 1.01 as well....great trade
You guys won’t believe this crap. So I sent that offer, got the email from MFL it was accepted, and this morning other owner says he never accepted (our league requires commish approval it isn’t auto processed) and now the trade has been nullified. Beyond pissed. In 15 years on MFL I’ve never heard of the system accepting a trade on its own have you? 😡

You guys won’t believe this crap. So I sent that offer, got the email from MFL it was accepted, and this morning other owner says he never accepted (our league requires commish approval it isn’t auto processed) and now the trade has been nullified. Beyond pissed. In 15 years on MFL I’ve never heard of the system accepting a trade on its own have you? 😡
On paper sure sounds like trade regret.

I think he’s telling you a fib. Our dynasty league has always used MFL and I’ve traded more than anyone else in the league and I’ve never seen a trade accepted until it is clicked. Do you have dialogue between you two where he accepted? 

I think he’s telling you a fib. Our dynasty league has always used MFL and I’ve traded more than anyone else in the league and I’ve never seen a trade accepted until it is clicked. Do you have dialogue between you two where he accepted? 
That’s my biggest regret, no dialogue afterwards (and I normally would but was playing cards with the family) So yeah it’s obvious he got feedback on the trade he didn’t like or something and deal is dead. He said if I want CMC and the pick to send a package He would be interested in. I simply said any potential trade in the future with his team will be a result of a trade offer he sends...I’m done sending to him...can’t afford another glitch and ghost acceptance. I wish I could hire Scooby Doo to solve this mystery...

That’s my biggest regret, no dialogue afterwards (and I normally would but was playing cards with the family) So yeah it’s obvious he got feedback on the trade he didn’t like or something and deal is dead. He said if I want CMC and the pick to send a package He would be interested in. I simply said any potential trade in the future with his team will be a result of a trade offer he sends...I’m done sending to him...can’t afford another glitch and ghost acceptance. I wish I could hire Scooby Doo to solve this mystery...
Yeah, someone told him not to do it and he backed out real quick. But there’s no way the acceptance email would’ve came through if he didn’t click accept. He could have done it by accident possibly, but he clicked it. Sorry man, that really blows. If you had a text or something after he accepted verifying that he did it, you might would have a case with the commissioner. But it’s going to be hard to prove anything as it stands. 

He's lying, the software on trading is solid.  It's purely buyers remorse.  Someone got to him, or he read something that told him he got the bad end of the deal and now wants it reversed  In the leagues that I commish if someone accepts a trade but immediately emails me and posts a message that it was a mistake, then I'll reverse it.  Waiting hours or the next day won't fly in my leagues, the trade would stand.

You need to get a rule made in your league where after a certain amount of time, say 30 minutes, the trade stands.  Also tell him he's lying about the software making the trade without his knowledge.  Tell him straight up he's lying.

He's lying, the software on trading is solid.  It's purely buyers remorse.  Someone got to him, or he read something that told him he got the bad end of the deal and now wants it reversed  In the leagues that I commish if someone accepts a trade but immediately emails me and posts a message that it was a mistake, then I'll reverse it.  Waiting hours or the next day won't fly in my leagues, the trade would stand.

You need to get a rule made in your league where after a certain amount of time, say 30 minutes, the trade stands.  Also tell him he's lying about the software making the trade without his knowledge.  Tell him straight up he's lying.
Yeah absolutely. In the MFL league I commission (there are 96 teams in it), we have had all kinds of weird buggy things happen when people use the MFL app, as opposed to within a browser. So much so that I have flat out said the league will not be responsible for errors that occur as a result of using the app. I tell everyone they must use a browser. I'm not saying this trade situation is a result of one or more parties using the app, but they might want to consider if that is the case or not. Otherwise it's an ironclad lie and he should be called out as such. A fat finger accident is one thing but to say he never actually accepted it at all? BS. Unless his kid got his phone and decided to make a trade for him, IDK.

I appreciate all the feedback. I've tried to let it go, but I'm not going to lie, I'm pissed. Because I think we ALL know he had trade remorse and lied about it. But I know the commish is just trying to keep the peace. One thing that is odd, and likely a bug, is that when commish went to process the trade it wasn't showing, even though he DID get the email (as did I and the other owner) that the trade was accepted last night. I also find it highly unlikely if say the other owner did use an app or accidentally hit the wrong button, he would have immediately emailed and said I didn't accept this. But of course crickets until this morning when he stated he never accepted. I hope Karma goes in my favor this year. Because this really does suck. 

I appreciate all the feedback. I've tried to let it go, but I'm not going to lie, I'm pissed. Because I think we ALL know he had trade remorse and lied about it. But I know the commish is just trying to keep the peace. One thing that is odd, and likely a bug, is that when commish went to process the trade it wasn't showing, even though he DID get the email (as did I and the other owner) that the trade was accepted last night. I also find it highly unlikely if say the other owner did use an app or accidentally hit the wrong button, he would have immediately emailed and said I didn't accept this. But of course crickets until this morning when he stated he never accepted. I hope Karma goes in my favor this year. Because this really does suck. 
By the way, what was the trade?

Users who are viewing this thread