What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

FFPC, guy sent out a bunch of offers, I know because I got a similar one ended up getting this one done with someone else.

Guy 1 got: OBJ, 2021 2nd

Guy 2 got: Metcalf and Irv Smith Jr. 

He tried to get AJ Brown and Ian Thomas from me, told him straight up I'd rather have AJ > OBJ.  2 minutes later, this one goes through.  I'm not mad at it just thought it was kind of funny.  

You may end up being thankful the trade didn't go through.
high probably yes. lets see where jacobs and deebo are in a couple years.  not to mention Julio has 3 years left minimum imo,.

That said rule change needs to be in place, software goes through with accept and its dopne.  Any and all lineup changes are on the site/onwer, I don;t change anything.  Had a guy call at 12.13 this year saying he changed his lineup and the site didn't take it through the app.  told him he is SOL, games are going, same goes for trades that go through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team A - Gets Sony Michel, David Montgomery, and James Washington

Team B - Gets the 1.5 rookie pick
I'm not really a fan of any of those players, so I'd personally take the pick.  I guess if you're a Monty believer it's decent value?  Not sure how anyone could be that optimistic about Sony anymore.  

Team A - Gets Sony Michel, David Montgomery, and James Washington

Team B - Gets the 1.5 rookie pick
Classic three dimes for a quarter scenario.  Assuming the 1.5 lands a blue chip WR prospect like Jeudy or Lamb or a even a RB that drops...

I can see preferring the pick and the two free roster spots...

Others could be high on Montgomery and/or Washinton's potential and see these guys as worth more than the current "market" value. 

Either side could be right - beauty of trades.

Classic three dimes for a quarter scenario.  Assuming the 1.5 lands a blue chip WR prospect like Jeudy or Lamb or a even a RB that drops...

I can see preferring the pick and the two free roster spots...

Others could be high on Montgomery and/or Washinton's potential and see these guys as worth more than the current "market" value. 

Either side could be right - beauty of trades.
Agree. Probably works out fine for both, but I like the asset consolidation for Team A (plus the extra roster space). I've never liked Montgomery, Michel or Washington though.

RushHour said:
Agree. Probably works out fine for both, but I like the asset consolidation for Team A (plus the extra roster space). I've never liked Montgomery, Michel or Washington though.
You mean Team B consolidation.

ffmail4me said:
Just made a HUGE trade. It’s my best roster out of 10 PPR dynasty leagues. Love my return but did I overpay? 12 team league. 

Gave: Jacobs, Lindsay, Julio, Deebo Samuel, 3.11
Got: CMC and 1.1

Can post my roster (I had depth to make the move) but in a vacuum thoughts? 
That is a ton to give up but if you had the depth, I like what you got.  Not huge on Lindsay and Julio is climbing hard in age.  Good move.

You guys won’t believe this crap. So I sent that offer, got the email from MFL it was accepted, and this morning other owner says he never accepted (our league requires commish approval it isn’t auto processed) and now the trade has been nullified. Beyond pissed. In 15 years on MFL I’ve never heard of the system accepting a trade on its own have you? 😡
That is garbage.  If he accepted the commish should push it through.  I had that problem in the ESPN standard league I am in last year.  2 owners agreed to the trade but it was Saturday night so it wasn't suppose to process until Monday after the games were played.  It never did and one owner had buyer's remorse.  I still manually completed the trade.  Both parties agreed.  I wouldn't be happy with that either.

I have seen trades on MFL be accidentally accepted especially using your phone.  If you get email notifications of trade offers and accept via the email it doesn't give you the
"are you sure you want to accept this trade" warning.  It just goes straight through.  Maybe the guy was drinking and hit accept accidentally and didn't notice it until the morning. 

I don't see why people are getting so bent out of shape over someone making a mistake (unless you know he was not being truthful).  I hope you have people in your leagues that are good people.  It's not worth getting heartburn over it.  It's the off season.  It didn't affect a game immediately.  It didn't cause any other issues.  It's really not that big of deal. 

Now the league needs to take the opportunity to bust his chops any time a trade happens in the future or any other chance you have to bring up this mistake again.  It's supposed to be fun....make it fun.

Hey I let it go. I think I could have been a much bigger ### (and justifiably so) about it, but I let it go. But I don't care what the other owner says, he lied. If he really accidentally hit accept he would have immediately emailed the league.  

Hey I let it go. I think I could have been a much bigger ### (and justifiably so) about it, but I let it go. But I don't care what the other owner says, he lied. If he really accidentally hit accept he would have immediately emailed the league.  
The way ours is set up, it won’t immediately alert the league until the Commish approves it on his end. So the rest of the league likely didn’t get the email when he accepted, only you. You’ll get a Trade Accepted email on your end and then when the commish verifies it it will send out a Trade Completed email to the whole league. 

To be fair not everyone checks their phone all of the time - there are hundreds of reasons why he may not have seen the email right away. I get why it would be frustrating but the bottom line is that it has the same effect as if he just rejected in the first place. 

Not if he didn't know he accidentally accepted the trade.  Being an ### over a mistake to a league mate isn't justifiable over something like this.  You wouldn't be pissed if he just rejected the trade immediately.  This is basically the same thing as rejecting it.  Nothing was affected other than your psyche. 

Like I said, I would still be giving the owner a hard time anytime he accepted/rejected any future offers and having fun with it.  He definitely wouldn't get a free pass but it wouldn't be serious and all in fun. 

Not if he didn't know he accidentally accepted the trade.  Being an ### over a mistake to a league mate isn't justifiable over something like this.  You wouldn't be pissed if he just rejected the trade immediately.  This is basically the same thing as rejecting it.  Nothing was affected other than your psyche. 

Like I said, I would still be giving the owner a hard time anytime he accepted/rejected any future offers and having fun with it.  He definitely wouldn't get a free pass but it wouldn't be serious and all in fun. 
There has to be some sort of time limitation to mistakes or buyers remorse.  You can't just let someone cry foul the next day.   Sorry, but that is a very important rule.

There has to be some sort of time limitation to mistakes or buyers remorse.  You can't just let someone cry foul the next day.   Sorry, but that is a very important rule.
If it didn't affect anything and was an honest mistake, why does there need to be a quick deadline?  I don't think buyers remorse should necessarily be allowed but have seen honest mistakes happen with the technologically hampered.  Its supposed to be a fun hobby and if someone really made a mistake and noticed it the next day (in the off season) why is that a big problem?   I can understand mid season when it affects lineup submission and possibly other moves when coming up to that deadline but that is a different situation.  In those cases sometimes you will just be SOL if the lineup deadline passes or some other aspect is affected.  In this case nothing else was an issue.  The guy said he made a mistake.  Change his team name to the Squelchers or something.  Bust his balls but why force him to a deal he accepted by mistake?

If it didn't affect anything and was an honest mistake, why does there need to be a quick deadline?  I don't think buyers remorse should necessarily be allowed but have seen honest mistakes happen with the technologically hampered.  Its supposed to be a fun hobby and if someone really made a mistake and noticed it the next day (in the off season) why is that a big problem?   I can understand mid season when it affects lineup submission and possibly other moves when coming up to that deadline but that is a different situation.  In those cases sometimes you will just be SOL if the lineup deadline passes or some other aspect is affected.  In this case nothing else was an issue.  The guy said he made a mistake.  Change his team name to the Squelchers or something.  Bust his balls but why force him to a deal he accepted by mistake?
Again, there has to be a time limitation for when you can call foul.

Again, there has to be a time limitation for when you can call foul.
Sure.  It cannot be indefinite.  I would agree with that.  Next day in the off season seems reasonable.  Not everyone is glued to the internet watching the league website. 

It doesn't seem terribly likely the technology was the problem. The fat finger email acceptance, which should be followed up by an immediate "oops I messed up", or the "I was too drunk to remember what happened" - did anyone ask him if he had been drinking or otherwise remembers any part of the process? Did he say if he uses the app or a browser? Dude is either lying or did a drunk fast finger acceptance and doesn't remember (did he give *any* indication of this at all?). 

As for keeping it fun, yeah that's great that's what we all want. Let me tell you, in my leagues, if this #### went down my league-mates would be raw. Fun would be in short supply until it was dealt with it. There absolutely is a time limitation for calling foul and it is nearly immediately. And if he isn't lying then there is some major flaw in the software that none of us seem to know about. Either way, as commissioner none of this would be fun. 

I'm open to other suggestions of what could have innocently caused this, but so far we have two very implausible scenarios - that he used the app and it bugged out bad (even though I've seen a few bad app bug mistakes - I don't think I've ever seen a ghost trade), or that he was drunk and fat fingered it and forgot. It's either one of those two or he is a liar. Nothing else makes sense. 

Sure.  It cannot be indefinite.  I would agree with that.  Next day in the off season seems reasonable.  Not everyone is glued to the internet watching the league website. 
In all of my leagues, at minimum, the 2 trading parties (plus commish) get an e-mail when a trade is accepted immediately.  If the dude hit accept he got that e-mail right away.  I'd say like an hour would be all the time that should be left to claim foul.  Otherwise you leave it open to buyer's remorse and that isn't the way trading should work.

I don't believe that. I could be talked out of it perhaps but this guy would be gone in my leagues. If he made an honest mistake that's fine everyone can live with that. But that story just doesn't add up. The software doesn't make ghost trades. 

In all of my leagues, at minimum, the 2 trading parties (plus commish) get an e-mail when a trade is accepted immediately.  If the dude hit accept he got that e-mail right away.  I'd say like an hour would be all the time that should be left to claim foul.  Otherwise you leave it open to buyer's remorse and that isn't the way trading should work.
What if he accidentally hit accept and then went to bed?  I believe the OP said it was done at night.  In that case it doesn't matter if you received an email or not.  Basically my point is that the next day in the off season shouldn't be an issue.  Now, if this guy has done this 4 other times and it is a common occurrence then his slack starts to be taken away.  Or if he isn't trustworthy and tries to pull shenanigans with other aspects then maybe its a different story. 

Bottom line each case is different and should be handled based on the specifics at hand. 

I don't believe that. I could be talked out of it perhaps but this guy would be gone in my leagues. If he made an honest mistake that's fine everyone can live with that. But that story just doesn't add up. The software doesn't make ghost trades. 
Agreed.  I am the commish in 4 of my 6 leagues and I have never had a mistake anywhere close to that magnitude where the person that made the mistake didn't text me immediately.  I'm talking within a couple of minutes.  I feel this should have stood.  The Commish should have put it up to league vote at least.  We have to be held accountable for our mistakes in life.

For MFL if you hit accept on the trade offer notification email it just accepts it and doesn't give you a warning (unlike acceptance on the site itself).  If the guy hit accept thinking he hit reject he could believe that the site did it on its own.  As the great Constanza once said...…"It's not a lie if you truly believe it"...…...hahahaha

Agreed.  I am the commish in 4 of my 6 leagues and I have never had a mistake anywhere close to that magnitude where the person that made the mistake didn't text me immediately.  I'm talking within a couple of minutes.  I feel this should have stood.  The Commish should have put it up to league vote at least.  We have to be held accountable for our mistakes in life.
I don't have any issue with an overnight period based on the fact that people play in different time zones and need to sleep. 

For MFL if you hit accept on the trade offer notification email it just accepts it and doesn't give you a warning (unlike acceptance on the site itself).  If the guy hit accept thinking he hit reject he could believe that the site did it on its own.  As the great Constanza once said...…"It's not a lie if you truly believe it"...…...hahahaha
but that's not what he did. or he would have said that. he didn't say he accidentally hit the accept when he meant to hit reject (did he? did I miss that?). IIRC he simply said he didn't do anything.

I don't have any issue with an overnight period based on the fact that people play in different time zones and need to sleep. 

but that's not what he did. or he would have said that. he didn't say he accidentally hit the accept when he meant to hit reject (did he? did I miss that?). IIRC he simply said he didn't do anything.
The OP phrased it this way "and this morning other owner says he never accepted" which is not necessarily his trade partner's exact words - and it could be that he never accepted it because well...he thought he rejected it. 

At the very least it seemed like the guy went to the commissioner the very next morning and the commissioner decided not to approve it based on what he was told (which I think is the "right" thing to do). I get why the OP would be frustrated but I think the outrage is misplaced. If I was the commissioner I would have done the same thing - sometimes you need to give the benefit of the doubt. 

In my league that requires commish approval, I do not get any email notification that a trade is accepted until the Commish pushes it through.

The person who accepts the trade and the commissioner are the only two people who know that the trade has been accepted, until the Commish pushes it through.

The OP phrased it this way "and this morning other owner says he never accepted" which is not necessarily his trade partner's exact words - and it could be that he never accepted it because well...he thought he rejected it. 

At the very least it seemed like the guy went to the commissioner the very next morning and the commissioner decided not to approve it based on what he was told (which I think is the "right" thing to do). I get why the OP would be frustrated but I think the outrage is misplaced. If I was the commissioner I would have done the same thing - sometimes you need to give the benefit of the doubt. 
Well the exact words probably matter a lot because there is an ocean of difference between "I never accepted that" and "I meant to hit reject" or "I thought I hit reject". Look I'm actually all for second chances and giving the benefit of the doubt, even though I'm probably coming off the opposite way. I just don't see a plausible explanation (based on what we know) for it being innocent. But it's also not my trade and I've said my piece about it. 

I just traded Fournette for Miles Sanders. I have a feeling Fournette will never come close to where his value is now moving forward. Gruden seems to always rely on a 2 back system and the 3rd down receiving back get's the bulk of the passing down work in his offense not a feature back.

I have seen trades on MFL be accidentally accepted especially using your phone.  If you get email notifications of trade offers and accept via the email it doesn't give you the
"are you sure you want to accept this trade" warning.  It just goes straight through.  Maybe the guy was drinking and hit accept accidentally and didn't notice it until the morning. 

I don't see why people are getting so bent out of shape over someone making a mistake (unless you know he was not being truthful).  I hope you have people in your leagues that are good people.  It's not worth getting heartburn over it.  It's the off season.  It didn't affect a game immediately.  It didn't cause any other issues.  It's really not that big of deal. 

Now the league needs to take the opportunity to bust his chops any time a trade happens in the future or any other chance you have to bring up this mistake again.  It's supposed to be fun....make it fun.
100%

I would trade that pick Lindsay all day.
Thanks I thought it was solid. Same owner also offered JuJu for my 1.3 but I’m thinking I’m going to pass there as this roster needs RB help more than WRs (Rbs- Gurley, Gordon, Guice, now Lindsay, and Boston Scott) vs WRs (Hill, Julio, AJ Brown, Deebo, Shepard, Preston Williams, Crowder, Diontae Johnson, Renfrow, Sims, Pascal, and Harmon) You agree keeping 1.3 there? 

Thanks I thought it was solid. Same owner also offered JuJu for my 1.3 but I’m thinking I’m going to pass there as this roster needs RB help more than WRs (Rbs- Gurley, Gordon, Guice, now Lindsay, and Boston Scott) vs WRs (Hill, Julio, AJ Brown, Deebo, Shepard, Preston Williams, Crowder, Diontae Johnson, Renfrow, Sims, Pascal, and Harmon) You agree keeping 1.3 there? 
Majority I would assume take the pick by far. If PPR I think I would at least ponder. Last year you couldn’t pay a high enough price to get JuJu from his owner. There is risk involved (will Pitt have a QB?). I will say I would take JuJu over any receiver in this draft. I will also say after all the hype of this draft, I am not impressed with the top level talent (through my very amateur eyes) .On paper today I would probably take JuJu over the 1.3, but I am in the minority there most likely and I am a fan of proven production. I would advise you on trying to get more from him or waiting until closer to or after the draft (depending on when you draft) to maximize the value of your pick. The perceived value of the 1.3 will only increase from here on out as you get the rookie fever crowd heating up. By draft day people think every first round pick is guaranteed to be an elite level player (history has proven this is hardly the case but people will continue to chase the new shiny toy) and it is a great time to trade for a proven producer at that point. Good luck.

I would pull the trigger on JuJu in the end but waiting as King of the Jungle has explained might be a good idea. Hopefully he doesn’t shop JuJu in the meantime for someone else’s pick.

I agree with you that you need more help at RB so I'd keep the 3rd pick.  Sucks that Etienne went back to school so it takes one more top end RB off the board but you will still get to draft Swift, Williams, or Dobbins there.  Juju should bounce back but you have 4 WRs that could be starters next year and no idea if Gurley will continue to regress, where Gordon will be, and if Guice can stay healthy.  Plus, Scott is just a backup and Lindsay has a new coaching staff.  Keep the pick IMO.

I just traded Fournette for Miles Sanders. I have a feeling Fournette will never come close to where his value is now moving forward. Gruden seems to always rely on a 2 back system and the 3rd down receiving back get's the bulk of the passing down work in his offense not a feature back.
I love the move for dynasty purposes, but can't help but wonder if you could of gotten more.  Fournette just had a monster year other than TD's.  Dude had 76 receptions and goes unnoticed by the fantasy community.  He's their centerpiece and while I like Sanders a lot, he's their 1a RB who doesn't play a dominant role yet.  

Gave Paris Campbell and 5.4

Received 2.6 and 3.5
I'll take the picks pretty easily value wise.  I do like Campbell as a buy, but a mid 2nd is too much for my blood.  

I agree with you that you need more help at RB so I'd keep the 3rd pick.  Sucks that Etienne went back to school so it takes one more top end RB off the board but you will still get to draft Swift, Williams, or Dobbins there.  Juju should bounce back but you have 4 WRs that could be starters next year and no idea if Gurley will continue to regress, where Gordon will be, and if Guice can stay healthy.  Plus, Scott is just a backup and Lindsay has a new coaching staff.  Keep the pick IMO.
Never a fan of drafting for need over talent. If the right RB ends up in a plus situation than that is the guy I would want but he will most likely go 1.01. At 1.03 I am just not as excited about this RB group as others are and would rather take the young proven stud in JuJu. 

Gave Paris Campbell and 5.4

Received 2.6 and 3.5
I think its too soon to give up on Campbell. He did miss 8 games and they could very well have Rivers, Winston, or Brady at QB this season, which IMO would be a HUGE improvement for the passing game. Hope it works out, but I wouldn't move any of my shares of Campbell for less than a 1st

Never a fan of drafting for need over talent. If the right RB ends up in a plus situation than that is the guy I would want but he will most likely go 1.01. At 1.03 I am just not as excited about this RB group as others are and would rather take the young proven stud in JuJu. 
I totally understand the talent over need argument but almost all rankings and mocks so far have the 3 RBs at the top so that technically would be talent and need.  I think you are too friendly saying "proven stud" for Juju.  He had 1 good year and that is with AB taking double coverage and the safety to his side of the field on every play.  Juju struggled this year, had injuries, and looks like he can't play well without a dominant QB.  Ben is much closer to the end of his career than the beginning so when he retires and some chump like Rudolph takes over, then you take a big chance that Juju sucks again in 2 years.  We don't even know that he will be that good with Ben if AB isn't in town.  Risk either way, especially if you have enough talent at WR where he won't crack your starting lineup.

I totally understand the talent over need argument but almost all rankings and mocks so far have the 3 RBs at the top so that technically would be talent and need.  I think you are too friendly saying "proven stud" for Juju.  He had 1 good year and that is with AB taking double coverage and the safety to his side of the field on every play.  Juju struggled this year, had injuries, and looks like he can't play well without a dominant QB.  Ben is much closer to the end of his career than the beginning so when he retires and some chump like Rudolph takes over, then you take a big chance that Juju sucks again in 2 years.  We don't even know that he will be that good with Ben if AB isn't in town.  Risk either way, especially if you have enough talent at WR where he won't crack your starting lineup.
Your absolutely right, "proven stud" is too friendly. I do like JuJu but the QB hurdles were too much for him to surpass this last year. I like the fact that he out produced AB the year before but he still has much to prove. If I knew Big Ben would be healthy for the next 2-3 years and return to form I would easily take him. I think this has more to do with me not really liking this class as much. But again I think the best strategy is to continue to wait and let that pick gain value as we get closer to the draft. 

Users who are viewing this thread