Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

8 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

12 Team PPR. 1/2/2/1 & 2 Flex

Team A got Dalvin Cook Min RB

Team B got 2020 1.02 & 1.08 picks

Note: Team B has been shopping Cook...

Yes, this is a little light for Cook, but I don't mind it.

I'd like it a lot more if it included a 2nd rounder, but then at that point will that 2nd rounder even matter?

I see Cook as a sell this offseason, and it's possible others in that league have that same view. Regardless, it's not horrible IMO; a little light but not that bad

FFPC

Gave 2021 2nd

Got Mostert

Good young playoff tm; only real hesitation was roster squeeze at cutdown. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

Yes, this is a little light for Cook, but I don't mind it.

I'd like it a lot more if it included a 2nd rounder, but then at that point will that 2nd rounder even matter?

I see Cook as a sell this offseason, and it's possible others in that league have that same view. Regardless, it's not horrible IMO; a little light but not that bad

I think that's a little light, but fair. I don't know what I'd take for Cook in the league I have him in, but why is he a sell? He did me well with Barkley not doing well this season

1 hour ago, hispeedthinmint said:

I think that's a little light, but fair. I don't know what I'd take for Cook in the league I have him in, but why is he a sell? He did me well with Barkley not doing well this season

I think he's at the peak of his value. He could continue to produce well for a couple more seasons, I just see MIN being careful with him going forward. He has never played a full 16 game seaso , and Mattison looks like the real deal; hard to keep him off the field. 

Sell high doesn't necessarily mean he will tank this year, just means his value won't be more. I don't blame his owners for holding him until hes worthless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

I think he's at the peak of his value. He could continue to produce well for a couple more seasons, I just see MIN being careful with him going forward. He has never played a full 16 game seaso , and Mattison looks like the real deal; hard to keep him off the field. 

Sell high doesn't necessarily mean he will tank this year, just means his value won't be more. I don't blame his owners for holding him until hes worthless.

The only problem with this is a lot of people kinda feel this way, so his peak value is far below his production.  This is a guy who has an ADP of 1.05 in startup drafts right now while 1.02/1.08 are late 3rd/mid 6th round in startup drafts.  Anyone offering 3.09/6.06 startup picks for 1.05 would be laughed at yet when you stick Cook's name in there suddenly everyone sees it as fair.

Not saying it's bad to take that if someone really doesn't believe in Cook, but his value will be higher a few weeks into the season when he's producing and the injury concern gets pushed to the back of their minds, imo.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

Do you see any value in Boone?

9 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

The only problem with this is a lot of people kinda feel this way, so his peak value is far below his production.  This is a guy who has an ADP of 1.05 in startup drafts right now while 1.02/1.08 are late 3rd/mid 6th round in startup drafts.  Anyone offering 3.09/6.06 startup picks for 1.05 would be laughed at yet when you stick Cook's name in there suddenly everyone sees it as fair.

Not saying it's bad to take that if someone really doesn't believe in Cook, but his value will be higher a few weeks into the season when he's producing and the injury concern gets pushed to the back of their minds, imo.

Well said!  It is a strange situation until you apply a specific name to the spot in trade values.  I was thinking it was low myself, but I can understand the desire to move on from him as the Minn Offense might see a big change at QB....  3/2018 Cousins signed 3 year deal...He will be UFA after 2020 / Will Minn draft/develop his replacement or re-sign him?   He will be 32 yo at start of 2020 season and another 3 year deal would cost $100M++ ($ to be applied to other needed talent?) 

... plus the potential RBBC issue likely to gain traction in Minn. 

Minn still has a quality OL and should continue to excell in Run game.... but what will the next offense change involve.... 

16 team IDP, WRs have a lot of value due to the lineup QRWWWTFF...)

A gave D Parker, 3.13, Jeffery Simmons

B gave kerryon Johnson, 2022 1st (hard to guess 2 years out but the team was among the best in 2019, should be again in 2020)

15 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Well said!  It is a strange situation until you apply a specific name to the spot in trade values.  I was thinking it was low myself, but I can understand the desire to move on from him as the Minn Offense might see a big change at QB....  3/2018 Cousins signed 3 year deal...He will be UFA after 2020 / Will Minn draft/develop his replacement or re-sign him?   He will be 32 yo at start of 2020 season and another 3 year deal would cost $100M++ ($ to be applied to other needed talent?) 

... plus the potential RBBC issue likely to gain traction in Minn. 

Minn still has a quality OL and should continue to excell in Run game.... but what will the next offense change involve.... 

I don't think you have watched many Minnesota games.  Their O-line play is average at best and they are more on the below average side of average.

9 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Taking Cook at 1.05 is terrible value......you can easily get him late 2nd or at least guys just like him....hahhahaa

• Laughing 1

I'd take Dalvin over 1.2/1.8.

I personally don't see any threat of a RBBC and to me most of the reasons people would call him a sell high I don't buy. Barkley would probably be the most challenging for me but I could rattle of reasons to sell high on every single top half of first round startup players right now other then him. The only reason IMO he should be considered a sell high is if you think every player who reaches the top of the dynasty value chart  can only go in one direction. Which is a completely valid opinion to have, but sometimes you can milk a few more years and still exit with a similar return.

I don't think 2 and 8 for him is bad, but I'd not do it right now myself.

• Like 1

Backing up what Gally has said I know on the sports radio up this way the Minn OL is generally considered one of their weakest areas.

19 minutes ago, Warhogs said:

Backing up what Gally has said I know on the sports radio up this way the Minn OL is generally considered one of their weakest areas.

Do you view this as a negative for Dalvin's longterm outlook or a positive that he's excelled without a great OL and chance they see marked improvement?

19 minutes ago, Warhogs said:

Well, truth be told, I did not watch many Minn games... but I was basing it off the Run Game success 

43 minutes ago, Warhogs said:

Yes and no. They run the ZBS which necessitates smaller linemen.

So they're a decent run blocking unit but an atrocious pass blocking one - at least of the straight dropback type.

PPR

James Connor and 2020 2nd (15 overall)

for 

Auden Tate, 2021 First    (Early projected)  

2 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

PPR

James Connor and 2020 2nd (15 overall)

for 

Auden Tate, 2021 First    (Early projected)  

Tate & the 1st for me.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Do you view this as a negative for Dalvin's longterm outlook or a positive that he's excelled without a great OL and chance they see marked improvement?

I'm not sure it applies. Meaning: some other talk is that the Vikings have to make a lot of choices on who to sign long term while being up against the cap. I remember one afternoon of discussion about is it worth it to give Dalvin a big money contract when so many teams have success using two or three RB with inexpensive contracts. My point is that Minnesota as a team could look very different in the next couple of years due to cap space issues, but maybe that is the case with any team? I suppose it means trust a player's talent more than situation?

1 hour ago, Gally said:

I don't think you have watched many Minnesota games.  Their O-line play is average at best and they are more on the below average side of average.

Yep

I have never been as big on Cook as many here have been, but he has earned his success. Not on the back of a great OL.  (Took him 1.07 in redraft best ball / WSL)

12 Team PPR 1/2/2/1/ 2 Flex 

Team A Gave up:  2020 2.08 pick 

Team B Gave up: NYJ TE Chris Herndon & Was WR Kelvin Harmon 

Note: Team B spent 3.08 on Harmon last year

On 2/24/2020 at 4:01 PM, Birdie048 said:

12 Team PPR. 1/2/2/1 & 2 Flex

Team A got Dalvin Cook Min RB

Team B got 2020 1.02 & 1.08 picks

Note: Team B has been shopping Cook...

note sure why, but this deal was UNDONE.  Nothing posted or communicated....  but it was only live for 5 min.  I missed the re-do originally. 

But the Cook owner is still shopping... 

12 Team 1PPR SuperFlex League:

Was offered: Evan Engram
Gave up: 2.07, Irv Smith Jr, 4.04

I like Irv, but still have 13 2020 picks after this deal so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to solidify my TE group (Evan Engram/Hunter Henry)

Well this was crazy...I doubt I'll ever do something this big again.

12 team Zealots IDP PPR

Gave: Le'Veon Bell, Darius Leonard, 1.8, 2.1, 2.8, 2.11, 2021 1st

Got: Robert Woods, Noah Fant, 1.1, 1.11, 6.1, 2021 3rd

I probably should have kept the extra picks since it's a start over project, but it's going to be fun having the 1.1 and 1.2 (my own) picks in this draft. And this league needs more fun so I also hope this shakes the tree a bit. This is with a new owner that took over an orphaned team and is fun to finally have someone to make deals with. I've also gotten Kyler Murray and Sam Hubbard from him.

Besides - Bell looks like he's toast. Leonard is great but I'm confident in replacing LBs when I draft and get free agents. I feel good about Wood and I think Fant might be the next big thing at TE. We do six rounds in Zealots and for this draft I now have the 1, 2, and 11 in the first, the 2.2, and seven more picks in rounds 3-7.

Go big, or go home I guess.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

note sure why, but this deal was UNDONE.  Nothing posted or communicated....  but it was only live for 5 min.  I missed the re-do originally. 

Maybe the guy never hit accept and figured it out the next day and had the commish overturn it because of that....hahaa

3 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Well this was crazy...I doubt I'll ever do something this big again.

12 team Zealots IDP PPR

Gave: Le'Veon Bell, Darius Leonard, 1.8, 2.1, 2.8, 2.11, 2021 1st

Got: Robert Woods, Noah Fant, 1.1, 1.11, 6.1, 2021 3rd

I probably should have kept the extra picks since it's a start over project, but it's going to be fun having the 1.1 and 1.2 (my own) picks in this draft. And this league needs more fun so I also hope this shakes the tree a bit. This is with a new owner that took over an orphaned team and is fun to finally have someone to make deals with. I've also gotten Kyler Murray and Sam Hubbard from him.

Besides - Bell looks like he's toast. Leonard is great but I'm confident in replacing LBs when I draft and get free agents. I feel good about Wood and I think Fant might be the next big thing at TE. We do six rounds in Zealots and for this draft I now have the 1, 2, and 11 in the first, the 2.2, and seven more picks in rounds 3-7.

Go big, or go home I guess.

Other than it depending on who the picks turn out to be, I have to figure where that 2021 1st is in the draft order with be the defining factor.

If it is top 4ish, I don’t like it for you. 

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Other than it depending on who the picks turn out to be, I have to figure where that 2021 1st is in the draft order with be the defining factor.

If it is top 4ish, I don’t like it for you. 

Agreed. That's the dice roll.

But I'm guessing I'll get one of CEH, Reagor, Shenault, Higgins or Moss (someone along those lines anyway) at 11 and I don't mind making that bet.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

Has anyone moved Godwin lately in a PPR dynasty, maybe for a RB? If so, can you post what it brought here? Thanks!! 

18 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

If you have the picks to get Cook I might make him an offer.

2 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Has anyone moved Godwin lately in a PPR dynasty, maybe for a RB? If so, can you post what it brought here? Thanks!! 

The Godwin owner is shopping him in my league but the uncertainty on Winston/QB is making it tough for him to get any value out of him.  Might have to wait until free agency or Winston signs before you can really make this trade.

17 hours ago, dipandglide said:

14 teams, superflex, ppr

gave: Arob, Guice

got: OBJ, Richard

Jalen Richard?  This is Arob and Guice by a mile, sorry.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I moved him straight up right after the super bowl for Henry. I may have could’ve got a pick thrown in, but I’m pretty strong still at WR and my only solid rb was Aaron Jones .

58 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Found myself trying to think if there was a Richard my mind was connecting with other then Jalen and then finally came to same conclusion as you. It had to be Jalen and the AROB/Guice side wins out.

2 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I moved him straight up right after the super bowl for Henry. I may have could’ve got a pick thrown in, but I’m pretty strong still at WR and my only solid rb was Aaron Jones .

Ouch. 

21 hours ago, dipandglide said:

14 teams, superflex, ppr

gave: Arob, Guice

got: OBJ, Richard

This one really comes down to whether or not you think Beckham is going to get back to being a top-5 WR.  I don't see ARob ever really cracking the top 10, and Guice is a Mystery Box.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

This one really comes down to whether or not you think Beckham is going to get back to being a top-5 WR.  I don't see ARob ever really cracking the top 10, and Guice is a Mystery Box.

ARob finished #10 in my PPR league this season

13 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

I knew someone would do this.  I'm talking about dynasty value.  He's in the WR16-20 range right now depending where you look, and I simply do not see him cracking the top 10.

3 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

I knew someone would do this.  I'm talking about dynasty value.  He's in the WR16-20 range right now depending where you look, and I simply do not see him cracking the top 10.

Gotcha. I agree then, but I think his perceived trade value is less than his actual value. He's always on my bench, but guys like him & Landry are more valuable as depth pieces vs what I could get in trade IMO. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Whats the real difference between Arob and OBJ?  Why is OBJ considered a top10 guy when Arob isn't?  I don't think either are personally.  

Allen Robinson is actually younger and yet they're still equally productive (Arob is actually more productive; more targets, more catches, more yards last year).  

They should be closer in dynasty value than people want to admit.  

1 minute ago, Zyphros said:

Whats the real difference between Arob and OBJ?  Why is OBJ considered a top10 guy when Arob isn't?  I don't think either are personally.  

Allen Robinson is actually younger and yet they're still equally productive (Arob is actually more productive; more targets, more catches, more yards last year).  

They should be closer in dynasty value than people want to admit.  

Upside, QB, and name recognition.

Not saying it's right, but I am not really making trades in February based on how many points I'm projecting for 2020.  I'm trading based on perceived resale value.

1 minute ago, tangfoot said:

Upside, QB, and name recognition.

Not saying it's right, but I am not really making trades in February based on how many points I'm projecting for 2020.  I'm trading based on perceived resale value.

Upside tells me Allen Robinson's is higher based on limited targets to share on a team that can't run the football.  

All I'm saying is if it's perceived value, I'd happily trade OBJ for Allen Robinson and a 1st or something of that nature.  Their production (barring injury) is likely to be very similar.  

• Like 1

Just now, Zyphros said:

Upside tells me Allen Robinson's is higher based on limited targets to share on a team that can't run the football.  

All I'm saying is if it's perceived value, I'd happily trade OBJ for Allen Robinson and a 1st or something of that nature.  Their production (barring injury) is likely to be very similar.  

But then what?  Robinson is akin to the last few years of Keenan Allen to me.  Once he's on your roster, you're stuck with him because no one else values him at what you perceive to be his worth.

My general dynasty strategy is to churn my rosters looking for value.  If I have an albatross on my team, I'm screwed.  My trading style is not for everyone, certainly. 

On a win-now team, I'm probably also picking Beckham.  It's early, but Chicago is throwing off a vibe that they want to run the #### out of the ball and rely on their defense this year.  Anything to keep it out of Trubisky's hands, I guess.  And then there's the Anthony Miller factor.  From Weeks 11-16, essentially the only difference between ARob and Miller was that Robinson had 4 TDs to Miller's 2.  From Weeks 11-15, Miller out-targeted Robinson (was ARob hurt during this period?  He didn't miss any games).

What's the dynamic of the Bears offense and passing targets going forward?  We know Robinson is good/great, sure. Miller is about to enter that magical Year 3 for a WR.

5 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

But then what?  Robinson is akin to the last few years of Keenan Allen to me.  Once he's on your roster, you're stuck with him because no one else values him at what you perceive to be his worth.

And then what?  I enjoy WR1 points for WR2 prices and gain some future value on my roster with a draft pick.  Value is value.  I look at most things through a startups eyes.  So it's understandable we disagree a bit here.  If I'm debating OBJ in the 2nd and Allen Robinson in the 3rd/4th I take a future pick upgrade easily.  

Even in an established league, if there's a perceived value "downgrade" then I take the pick upgrade as well.  

I see Allen Robinson as a screaming value right now.  Even on a questionable offense of the Bears.  It's not like they can get much worse than 29th in Yards per game, 25th in passing yards per game, and 27th in rushing yards per game.  And he was STILL a top10 WR.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

2 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Gotcha. I agree then, but I think his perceived trade value is less than his actual value. He's always on my bench, but guys like him & Landry are more valuable as depth pieces vs what I could get in trade IMO. 

His performance (as you stated - #10 in your league) is near WR1 so why is he always on your bench?  I see A-Rob as a guy that is always in my lineup.  He has been pretty much an autostart the last couple years.  I am not disagreeing that he is usually worth more to the team that has him than a potential trade partner but that is because he is consistent and scores better than most people think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gally said:

His performance (as you stated - #10 in your league) is near WR1 so why is he always on your bench?  I see A-Rob as a guy that is always in my lineup.  He has been pretty much an autostart the last couple years.  I am not disagreeing that he is usually worth more to the team that has him than a potential trade partner but that is because he is consistent and scores better than most people think. 

We start 3 WR & 2 flex. I normally started T. Hill, M. Evans, Golladay, D. Cook, Henry, DJ Moore and/or Hopkins

Edited by hispeedthinmint

1 hour ago, hispeedthinmint said:

We start 3 WR & 2 flex. I normally started T. Hill, M. Evans, Golladay, D. Cook, Henry, DJ Moore and/or Hopkins

I like the wrs u listed but i believe Arob outscored 4 out of 5 of them (in 2019 fpc scoring) and he is undervalued imho. Put me down on the unlikely to trade him for odb side; more often than not I'll take the steady low end #1, high end #2 over odbs potential (for both good and bad). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Time will tell. I'm off the Guice train and lower on Arob. 

Sent Melvin Gordon, Mike Evans and 3.07 for Michael Thomas and 2.06

I love Melvin, but I cant see him going anywhere that he is not in a timeshare of some sort. I like the draft enough to think a move from round 3 to 2 is significant. 

• Like 3