What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

Here's a decent rule of thumb...

If you're trading older players in a competitive league you're going to receive less than what you think that player is worth.
And if you are going to trade an older while the NFL draft nears and rookie fever is building and people are factoring in the fun factor of having a premium pick you for sure are likely to get less.

FWIW I thought the trade was fair. I'd not have given it up for Julio myself because I was having a thought the other day that in one of my leagues that is had 5 seasons in the books the two worst trades I've made in that league was the two times I traded for Julio. Also I dealt Bell/Julio along with pick 20 earlier for picks 3 and 4 so for those reasons I'd not give 8 for Julio, but seems about adequate.

New to dynasty. Just executed a deal. Not looking to win just be fair deal. TE premium

Gave: Mark Andrews, Nyhiem Hines, 2021 2nd, 2021 2nd ... not sure where these will land let’s call them mid

Got: AJ Brown, Kareem Hunt

needed some RB help and have Kittle already at tight end.

Last edited by a moderator:
New to dynasty. Just executed a deal. Not looking to win just be fair deal

Gave: Mark Andrews, Nyhiem Hines, 2021 2nd, 2021 2nd ... not sure where these will land let’s call them mid

Keep that up and you'll do all right.

You might not have been looking you win but you did!

New to dynasty. Just executed a deal. Not looking to win just be fair deal

Looks like a big win for you unless it's TE premium and then it would just be a win.

New to dynasty. Just executed a deal. Not looking to win just be fair deal. TE premium

That is a good move for you.  Hunt could be a RB1 for a different team next year and has value this year anyways.  Brown is worth more than 2 2nds that you have no idea where they will be and if/when they will pay off.  Andrews is great in TE premium but you have Kittle so good move.

Seems light, even in a 1qb league, for Wentz. I'd pay 2.5 for him
Depends on how deep he rosters are for me. In FFPC no way would I pay 2.5 for him in a one QB FFPC.  22 is my largest roster sized leagues and not even sure I'd pay 2.5 if I needed a QB, maybe, but for sure not with the other picks. I can't relate so well to 25+ roster size leagues and struggle it might be to get a QB in those type of leagues but that's what it would probably take to get me to pay all of those picks.

Would a 2.04 pick in a rookie/15 player keeper (each team keeps 15 players of a 27 roster roster) Dynasty league draft be fair for Hunt, RB Cleveland?

Would a 2.04 pick in a rookie/15 player keeper (each team keeps 15 players of a 27 roster roster) Dynasty league draft be fair for Hunt, RB Cleveland?
I am a big Hunt fan and regretfully sold him this offseason in one league.  In the other I would auto reject 2.04 for him.  I think Hunt gets a starting role next year somewhere.  He looked really good after his suspension last year.

A lot depends on what the other guy's roster looks like...is Hunt definitely one of his 15 keepers (and how many others are RBs?)?  If he is one of the 15 who would replace him as part of that 15 if he got dealt?  Gotta get that info before really commenting on it.

Depends on how deep he rosters are for me. In FFPC no way would I pay 2.5 for him in a one QB FFPC.  22 is my largest roster sized leagues and not even sure I'd pay 2.5 if I needed a QB, maybe, but for sure not with the other picks. I can't relate so well to 25+ roster size leagues and struggle it might be to get a QB in those type of leagues but that's what it would probably take to get me to pay all of those picks.
25 man rosters and 2 IR slots in that league.

I'd posted this much earlier, but didn't get much outside of Dr Dan... 

We have a small wager (me and the chap involved) as to who the consensus thinks won the deal:

10 team ultra competitive PPR:

Amari Cooper

for 

1.06 + 2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. 

We have a small wager (me and the chap involved) as to who the consensus thinks won the deal:

Amari Cooper

for 

It would depend on team structure.  If I am competing I take Cooper.  If I am not I take the other side.

If I need to choose a side regardless of roster I take pick 1.06 and 2021 1st.

It would depend on team structure.  If I am competing I take Cooper.  If I am not I take the other side.

If I need to choose a side regardless of roster I take pick 1.06 and 2021 1st.
1 team won the belt last season, the other is competitive, but some serious injuries stopped any push to win it

Amari Cooper

for 

I usually never respond to trades in leagues I'm not familiar. So IDP, superflex, non-PPR, larger rosters and leagues sizes that are not 12. But since you asked again I'll weigh-in.

I  can only guess that 10 team leagues put an even higher premium on BAP in the deal vs the 12 team leagues I normally play. But still factoring that into the equation I go with the picks and I'm someone who just recently traded for Amari.

Amari Cooper

for 

1.06 and 21 1st

Amari Cooper

for 

I’ll throw my hat in for the picks as well. It’s probably close, and fair, I’d just rather have the picks over a Cooper I think. 

Amari Cooper

for 

I “liked” one of the responses taking the picks but overlooked 10 team league. I think in that circumstance I would probably take Cooper. When I have top ten players in ten team leagues I try to hang onto them. Certainly not bad value, I just prefer the proven asset.

*Note: I am not as high on this incoming class as most.

Amari Cooper

for 

As of right now, Amari Cooper.  In 6 months (if we have a season) I suspect the 1.06 player has more value than Cooper.  Overall I go with Amari but he's a frustrating player to own.  

10 teams league is very different in contrast to 12, my last 10 teams have a new champion for straight 8 years ! Depends how many starters, how big rosters,  without full info I will take Cooper, he is beast peace at this moment, in 10 teams you always go for best player, teams are solid usually.

10 teams league is very different in contrast to 12, my last 10 teams have a new champion for straight 8 years ! Depends how many starters, how big rosters,  without full info I will take Cooper, he is beast peace at this moment, in 10 teams you always go for best player, teams are solid usually.
My biggest issue with 10 team leagues is that almost everyone has a good team and it comes down to who do I start.  Probably a big reason for a new champion 8 straight years.

PPR QRRWWWTFKD

team A gave 1.01, RoJo and 3.07

team b gave Kamara, Emmanuel  Sanders, 3.04
Give me Kamara here...in a very best case scenario the 1.1 turns into a Kamara-level player...when you look at the rest of the deal it is not worth taking that chance...not much upside at all...I am not a Jones fan but I do get the intrigue but if Tampa takes a RB in round two his value goes right down the tubes...even if they don't draft a RB high he's not gonna move the needle for me to move Kamara.

aaaand this is where im at... ive done a complete 180 in regards to draft picks v certified studs.

in the further above mentioned deal, I am the side that traded 1.06 + 2021 rnd1-4 picks to get Cooper.

how often are draft picks a total swing and a miss? how often are draft picks just ok? now how often are they a stud?

the odds of me hitting a cooper on a mid 1st, projected late 1st and later rounds picks is slim to none (ok, maybe not THAT rare, but not good either). and for years I held on the "picks are vital" theory... now im on the "trade picks for studs" theory...

im sure ill settle on middle ground again at some point, but count me in the crowd of someone tired of hoping to score a homerun, and just get the actual homerun. 

give me kamara over 1.01 all day, everyday, without a second thought. (caveat: the only RB in the past several yrs id have kept the 1.01 for, are barkley or chubb)

aaaand this is where im at... ive done a complete 180 in regards to draft picks v certified studs.

in the further above mentioned deal, I am the side that traded 1.06 + 2021 rnd1-4 picks to get Cooper.

how often are draft picks a total swing and a miss? how often are draft picks just ok? now how often are they a stud?

the odds of me hitting a cooper on a mid 1st, projected late 1st and later rounds picks is slim to none (ok, maybe not THAT rare, but not good either). and for years I held on the "picks are vital" theory... now im on the "trade picks for studs" theory...

im sure ill settle on middle ground again at some point, but count me in the crowd of someone tired of hoping to score a homerun, and just get the actual homerun. 

give me kamara over 1.01 all day, everyday, without a second thought. (caveat: the only RB in the past several yrs id have kept the 1.01 for, are barkley or chubb)
Everyone has their own way of dealing but I feel strongly about doing the upside/downside exercise...every deal (well almost every deal...there have been some doozys in this thread) has an upside and a downside and you have to give an honest assessment of what that is no matter how much you like a player...I think the mistake that can be made (and this is not directed at anyone) is when you only look at the upside...that can get you into trouble...looking at the Kamara deal  what is the upside?  The 1.1 pick is a complete home-run and Ronald Jones turns into a high quality #2...the downside is the #1 turns into a good but not great player and/or Tampa either drafts a higher-end rookie or Jones remains simply decent and gets replaced next off-season (remember, Jones was benched for a game in December and only had more then 11 carries in two games the second half of last season...he has his warts)...looking at this deal you need both the 1.1 and Jones to both hit their best case scenario for this deal to work and even then it is probably not a home-run deal since Kamara will be 25 in July and is pretty safely a top 10 fantasy player...for me I would need a player with far less downside or much more upside then Jones (and the 1.1 is a great piece as far as this deal is concerned) for me to move on from Kamara.

Not proud of this trade, but needed to pair down 1 total pick/player anyway. 12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: 3.10 and Butler 

Got: 3.8 pick

And to think a few people around here had Butler as the best WR in his class. I didn't take him until 2.7....but, I took him over McLaurin  :bag:

ffmail4me said:
Not proud of this trade, but needed to pair down 1 total pick/player anyway. 12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: 3.10 and Butler 

Got: 3.8 pick

And to think a few people around here had Butler as the best WR in his class. I didn't take him until 2.7....but, I took him over McLaurin  :bag:
You couldn't get a bigger pick upgrade?  For 2 spots I'd rather have Butler.  Roster space be damned.  I don't even like Butler but this is soooooo cheap.  Did you try for a future 2nd or 3.08 and a future 3rd or something, anything for more value.  

JoeJoe88 said:
I’m not sure I’d listen to those guys anymore...
Everyone misses, relax.  It wasn't me but still.  

Dr. Octopus said:
It's my nature to want to cash out RB's with a few years of use and wear and try to take a shot on a younger player before age devaluation kicks. I always say it's a risk for sure, but it's also usually a one way street of guaranteed declining value the older a RB gets.

Now I own Kamara on 3/8th of my dynasty teams I love him, one of my favorite players in the league. I got nothing anti-Kamara to say. But a lot of things are up in the air with his situation and I'll start by saying I think he's in a perfect offense for what he does and I also think his decline last year was injury related.  But I got various levels of concern over what the offense will look like without Brees, which we don't know when that is but I'm preparing for it to be 2021. And I'm specifically worried about Taysom Hill's impact on a player whose value is so tied into the passing game. Not saying Taysom is the future, but like I said a lot of unknowns and even this year I expect his role to grow.  Then you got the contract issue which I'm inclined to think will work out but I'm not willing to call it a lock or anything. This year he qualified for a performance based pay which picks his pay up but he just played the last 3 years for about $900K a year and after he completes this season will have earned $5M for 4 years. Might be best bargain in the entire NFL but he's going to want to get paid and I think his and CMC's extensions in particular are going to be very interesting because both operate almost as hybrid RB/WR. Some said that about Bell as well, but Bell was not the route runner these RB's are in my opinion.

But you got me thinking. I usually try and put myself in position of what I'd do when I respond to these trades in this thread. I feel like in a vacuum, if I was in a startup I'd take 1.1 over Kamara for the anticipated 4 year age gap/wear and tear. But on the 3 actual teams I own him, and I won't bore people with the details, I would only deal him for 1.1 in one of those 3 leagues. The other two I might post-draft, but I need to see exactly who I'm buying first.

So maybe in hindsight I should have said 1.1 is more or less equal to me to Kamara, for now.

Mingooch said:
leaning the picks here as well.
I'm also leaning toward the picks, mostly because I don't have faith in Cooper being consistent as he seems to disappear way too often.

It's my nature to want to cash out RB's with a few years of use and wear and try to take a shot on a younger player before age devaluation kicks. I always say it's a risk for sure, but it's also usually a one way street of guaranteed declining value the older a RB gets.

Now I own Kamara on 3/8th of my dynasty teams I love him, one of my favorite players in the league. I got nothing anti-Kamara to say. But a lot of things are up in the air with his situation and I'll start by saying I think he's in a perfect offense for what he does and I also think his decline last year was injury related.  But I got various levels of concern over what the offense will look like without Brees, which we don't know when that is but I'm preparing for it to be 2021. And I'm specifically worried about Taysom Hill's impact on a player whose value is so tied into the passing game. Not saying Taysom is the future, but like I said a lot of unknowns and even this year I expect his role to grow.  Then you got the contract issue which I'm inclined to think will work out but I'm not willing to call it a lock or anything. This year he qualified for a performance based pay which picks his pay up but he just played the last 3 years for about $900K a year and after he completes this season will have earned $5M for 4 years. Might be best bargain in the entire NFL but he's going to want to get paid and I think his and CMC's extensions in particular are going to be very interesting because both operate almost as hybrid RB/WR. Some said that about Bell as well, but Bell was not the route runner these RB's are in my opinion.

But you got me thinking. I usually try and put myself in position of what I'd do when I respond to these trades in this thread. I feel like in a vacuum, if I was in a startup I'd take 1.1 over Kamara for the anticipated 4 year age gap/wear and tear. But on the 3 actual teams I own him, and I won't bore people with the details, I would only deal him for 1.1 in one of those 3 leagues. The other two I might post-draft, but I need to see exactly who I'm buying first.

So maybe in hindsight I should have said 1.1 is more or less equal to me to Kamara, for now.
Yeah I think it's really close, too. If Swift or Taylor landed in KC I probably don't blink. I think I'd want to see landing spots first to see if 1.01 is really that great.

I've never had Kamara in dynasty and have had him as my one and only keeper in an auction redraft league for the last 3 years. Won 2 of the last 3 ships but missed last year with a single lineup decision in week 14. Anyway I've watched Kamara a lot and I love his volume, especially in the passing game, and his efficiency.

But serious question, has the guy ever broke a run for longer than 20 yards? More than a few? He doesn't seem to me to have the homerun hitting appeal of some other guys. 1.01 could easily be one of them. 

I fundamentally agree about cashing in on an aging RB, though. 

Zyphros said:
As of right now, Amari Cooper.  In 6 months (if we have a season) I suspect the 1.06 player has more value than Cooper.  Overall I go with Amari but he's a frustrating player to own.  
I would probably not trade Amari for that but if you are rebuilding or obviously depending on the 2021 first, it could turn out well for the guy getting the picks. So this is a pretty fair trade.  All that being said, I would keep Amari.

FFPC not involved

Gave - Mixon, Joe

Got - Carson, Chris, Penny, Rashad, 2020 1.6, 1.12

Both playoff tms, Mixon tm definitely stronger. The picks side had no picks until 4th rd prior to trade, Mixon side still has 1.8 & 1.9 (1.8 came from the picks tm).

Mixon tm strong at wr and needed rb help while picks tm was opposite.

Short rosters favor Mixon side but see the logic of picks side and all n all pretty even imho.

Users who are viewing this thread