Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

4 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I don't know your league mates, but do you think it's because they know/knew better than to try?

The league no one makes me an offer I don't know. You might be right. I do make a lot of major trades in that league but no one has approached me for CMC either in last few years. In fact last time anyone offered me a trade for either of them was after CMC's rookie season when I was offered Elliot for both CMC and Thomas. Got to think of how their values were at the time, Elliot was 1 or 2 overall and CMC and  Thomas had not quite broke out yet and I had a need to consolidate my rosters and I was very close to doing that deal. Not sure any trade offer in my history ever gave me more thought then that one and just thankful I passed and have never got an offer for them again. 

Now the league someone actually traded him for Gallup and a second before it got overturned and I got him for two late #1's of course everyone knew Thomas was available and was not expensive. Based on conversations regarding those trades it seems a lot of league was concerned about Brees but at this point he'd had a few weeks with Teddy and no massive drop off so that gave me a lot of confidence. Also some people referred to my trade to acquire him as a "win now" move and that puzzled me since he was 26 at the time. And fwiw this is a league with ton of highly experienced big time players. I think it's just a combo of league puts such a high value on RB's, and even acquiring a TE in this league is more difficult then any of my leagues, and just seems to devalue WR along with concern over post-Brees. Anyway, I'm happy to have got him back and honestly when I picked him in the first place he lasted till pick 1.12 of the rookie draft when I was taking him as player 6 in other FFPC leagues.

Some leagues are just different. Like in a lot of leagues you could draft Kamara are 11 or later, Hunt similar into round two. In the league Thomas went cheap Kamara and Hunt went like 6/7 in the rookie draft. 

• Like 1

Little blip in the trade efforts.... 12 Team PPR (my other TE's are LVR Waller, LAR Higbee, WASH Sprinkle & NYG Kaden Smith) Can only start 2 TE max

Gave:  NOS TE Jared Cook

Got: 2020 Pick 3.10

My thoughts .... with E Sanders in NOS, I don't think Cook will see the # targets to warrant Top 15 TE value.  

Owner also offered 2.10 for Higbee but I was reluctant to part with him for that.... just a little light IMO.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

Little blip in the trade efforts.... 12 Team PPR (my other TE's are LVR Waller, LAR Higbee, WASH Sprinkle & NYG Kaden Smith) Can only start 2 TE max

My thoughts .... with E Sanders in NOS, I don't think Cook will see the # targets to warrant Top 15 TE value.  

Owner also offered 2.10 for Higbee but I was reluctant to part with him for that.... just a little light IMO.

I think Cook in New Orleans is pretty underrated.  Bridgewater didn't look his way but he was great with Brees and no one really noticed.

30-574-7 in 9 games with Brees.  Over a 16 game season that is 53-1020-12.  Obviously I'm not expecting that many TDs and he could lose some targets to Sanders but he was TE4 in ppg when Brees was playing last year and now we're hearing not top 15 TE?

He's old and you have other good options so I can see why you'd want to move him, but unless roster space was a major issue I would rather have held into the season and moved him then when most of the TEs bust and a bunch of people realize they have a need there instead of thinking their random Greg Olsen or Eric Ebron's are going to cover their butts like they do right now.  It also would have protected you against Waller or Higbee regressing which both are very much candidates to do.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

Not a horrible trade but not sure I move him for less than a 2nd round pick.  Sprinkle and Smith do nothing for you I believe and become waiver wire fodder in the next couple of years.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, menobrown said:

The league no one makes me an offer I don't know. You might be right. I do make a lot of major trades in that league but no one has approached me for CMC either in last few years. In fact last time anyone offered me a trade for either of them was after CMC's rookie season when I was offered Elliot for both CMC and Thomas. Got to think of how their values were at the time, Elliot was 1 or 2 overall and CMC and  Thomas had not quite broke out yet and I had a need to consolidate my rosters and I was very close to doing that deal. Not sure any trade offer in my history ever gave me more thought then that one and just thankful I passed and have never got an offer for them again. 

Now the league someone actually traded him for Gallup and a second before it got overturned and I got him for two late #1's of course everyone knew Thomas was available and was not expensive. Based on conversations regarding those trades it seems a lot of league was concerned about Brees but at this point he'd had a few weeks with Teddy and no massive drop off so that gave me a lot of confidence. Also some people referred to my trade to acquire him as a "win now" move and that puzzled me since he was 26 at the time. And fwiw this is a league with ton of highly experienced big time players. I think it's just a combo of league puts such a high value on RB's, and even acquiring a TE in this league is more difficult then any of my leagues, and just seems to devalue WR along with concern over post-Brees. Anyway, I'm happy to have got him back and honestly when I picked him in the first place he lasted till pick 1.12 of the rookie draft when I was taking him as player 6 in other FFPC leagues.

Some leagues are just different. Like in a lot of leagues you could draft Kamara are 11 or later, Hunt similar into round two. In the league Thomas went cheap Kamara and Hunt went like 6/7 in the rookie draft. 

Just to add some color and context to my FFPC trade of MT, I do believe I received premium value for him and David Montgomery. 

Miles Sanders is going to be a pretty good PPR back for the next 3-4 seasons. With the 1.3 in this draft, I’m guaranteed to land Lamb, Jeudy, Taylor, etc. I’ll take a chance in a pass happy league that Lamb, Jeudy or any of the top 5 WR’s in this incredible class put up WR1 stats sometime in the next 2-3 seasons. Now picking the right player is obviously a variable no one can account for. It’s a crap shoot. But I also have adequate assets with a Top-3 projected 2021 1st to acquire another player or simply build upon a solid base next draft as well. 

Overall Miles Sanders, 1.3, and a very high 2021 1st is a great return for MT and a player I use to be high on, but would sell faster than drumpf shuts down questions from Yamiche. 

What happens to MT’s value when Brees decides to hang it up? What if Brees rescinds this season? What’s if he’s injured again. I know the “what if” game can go both ways, but the NFL is a passing league, acquiring WR’s is the easiest part of constructing fantasy rosters. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tejas said:

Overall Miles Sanders, 1.3, and a very high 2021 1st is a great return for MT and a player I use to be high on

It is absolutely the kind of return I think one should expect. As something close to a floor. I have offered this level of a deal and been told he isn't available. 

As a hedge against the likelihood of MT's value falling as we move forward, it is a great return. I think he can be elite for several more years, but that may not be enough to compete on a given roster. This deal might. So I can see it. Me? I'm holding forever and scrapping elsewhere for value.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tejas said:

acquiring WR’s is the easiest part of constructing fantasy rosters. 

I have to disagree. I think acquiring WR2/3 types with WR1 upside is the easiest part. Acquiring the top studs is a different matter. Not talking about the one year wonders that finish top 12 but the perennial studs. There's usually something like 3-6 of them. MT is at the top of that list, but yes he is another year older. I don't mind your trade at all for value. And I agree that those pieces will help you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

My thoughts .... with E Sanders in NOS

Speaking of which I made a cut down deadline on FFPC rules league the other night

Gave : E Sanders

Got: 3.7

Had to free up a roster space and I got ton of good but old WR's and depending on if AB plays in 2020 I had Sanders as my projected WR5/6, I'm also super light on early picks with my best one at 3.4 so this is my second best pick so shook an old WR, got to keep an extra player and got my second best pick. I own Michael Thomas, and Brees, so did kind of like having MT insurance and owning up Saints QB and top two WR's but really the player I wanted to make room to keep was Brees so that was a problem and historically I just don't see a lot of high usage for the Saints #2WR, his signing seems really good for the team and Brees but not so sure about for Sanders value.

• Like 3

Man - getting peppered with dynasty trade offers today. People must be bored with social isolators & no sports. 

Hope everyone is staying safe. 

Now I’ve gotta decide if I wanna give up Allen Robinson & a 2022 2nd for Will Fuller + Darrell Henderson. That’s the best of them so far. 

Not sure if Henderson will be the starter in LA, and I hate Fuller’s soft tissue injury history. 

🤔 

30 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Speaking of which I made a cut down deadline on FFPC rules league the other night

Gave : E Sanders

Got: 3.7

Had to free up a roster space and I got ton of good but old WR's and depending on if AB plays in 2020 I had Sanders as my projected WR5/6, I'm also super light on early picks with my best one at 3.4 so this is my second best pick so shook an old WR, got to keep an extra player and got my second best pick. I own Michael Thomas, and Brees, so did kind of like having MT insurance and owning up Saints QB and top two WR's but really the player I wanted to make room to keep was Brees so that was a problem and historically I just don't see a lot of high usage for the Saints #2WR, his signing seems really good for the team and Brees but not so sure about for Sanders value.

Not a bad deal, but Sanders should have a big year in NO, provided we have football. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Not a bad deal, but Sanders should have a big year in NO, provided we have football. 

We might define big year differently but I don't recall any WR2 having a big year in NO, not enough to go around with a dominant WR1, RB who is second on team in receptions each year and liberal use of the TE.

7 minutes ago, menobrown said:

We might define big year differently but I don't recall any WR2 having a big year in NO, not enough to go around with a dominant WR1, RB who is second on team in receptions each year and liberal use of the TE.

Yeah but is that a chicken and an egg thing? 

Have they not had a big WR2 season because of all that, or because they haven’t had anyone capable of performing better than the TE? 

i honestly don’t know. I do know that Sanders runs great routes & has excellent hands - Brees is going to love him. I wouldn’t be shocked by a 80 catch, 900 yard, 9 TD season. 

it’s been hard to predict NOS production in general though. Will they be Kamara-centric? Will they continue to pepper Thomas? If so then why bring in Sanders? Seems like they made his acquisition a high priority. 

Tough to say. I do think you got fair value for him though. 

26 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Man - getting peppered with dynasty trade offers today. People must be bored with social isolators & no sports. 

Now I’ve gotta decide if I wanna give up Allen Robinson & a 2022 2nd for Will Fuller + Darrell Henderson. That’s the best of them so far. 

Not sure if Henderson will be the starter in LA, and I hate Fuller’s soft tissue injury history. 

🤔

I personally would not do this deal.  As you mentioned, Fuller is hit or miss based on his health and I know there’s opportunity in LA with Gurley gone but I’m not so sure (as a lot of other people appear to be on this board) that Henderson takes over the starting role.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

check where robinson finished in ppr last yr (hint #7 overall WR)

man is a stud wr and should only get better

Edited by Soulfly3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I wouldn’t be shocked by a 80 catch, 900 yard, 9 TD season. 

Seems like they made his acquisition a high priority. 

Unless Thomas goes down mark me down as being shocked if he caught 80 passes because I just think he's going to be looking at something in the 100 target range and won't be running a lot of short or underneath routes.

Like I said in my initial post on the trade I think he brings a lot of value to the team, a good signing for them, but I don't necessarily correlate making someone a priority as leading to high fantasy usage.

I would agree he is the best WR2 the team has had and if if I'm wrong and he's putting up huge stats with a healthy Thomas would likely to lead to great success by Brees so in that sense I win either way because I traded him to be able to keep Brees.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: 2.3 and JJAW

Got: Hollywood Brown

Nobody move! This is a robbery! 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Believe it or not I was offered Brown for just 2.3 a week or two ago but didn't jump on it. The price went up, but I was still glad to pay it. Makes for a pretty nice WR core now in this league: Nuk, Hill, Evans, JuJu, Gallup, Hollywood, Preston Williams, Hardman :bowtie:

Team A.   Receives Gurley

Team B.   Gets 1.11

Both teams on the contending side of things

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

Yeah, I’m leaning strongly towards no. 

especially since I hardly have any 2020 or 2021 picks, and by 2022 my roster may be due for fresh blood. 

1 hour ago, Boone22 said:

I personally would not do this deal.  As you mentioned, Fuller is hit or miss based on his health and I know there’s opportunity in LA with Gurley gone but I’m not so sure (as a lot of other people appear to be on this board) that Henderson takes over the starting role.  

Agreed. 

41 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty

Solid. I’d rather have the Brown side. Kid’s a legit talent if he can stay on the field. 

4 minutes ago, domvin said:

Team B.   Gets 1.11

Assuming that’s a 2020, I’d probably rather have 1.11

Gurley worries me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty

That is a steal...Brown is a guy I am very high on...easy to forget but he was coming off a legit injury and still showed a lot...I could really see him taking a big step this year.

1 hour ago, domvin said:

Team B.   Gets 1.11

As long as Team B has decent RB depth I would cash out on that.

3 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

🤔

I like this deal...especially if you like your chances of being good the next 2 years.  The upside with Fuller/Henderson is huge but I hate Fuller's injury history as well.  I think Henderson will be the man in LA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

I believe A-Rob has hit his ceiling, plays on an offensively inept team, and both Foles/Trubisky can't go downfield.  I can see the argument though.

18 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I believe A-Rob has hit his ceiling, plays on an offensively inept team, and both Foles/Trubisky can't go downfield.  I can see the argument though.

doesnt need then to go downfield. his money maker is tough contested catches and being a nasty, almost steve smith like wr (not SS, but in that gritty ilk)...

i dont know if he's hit his ceiling, because as long as he's thrown to, he'll more often than not catch it (if he can)

1 hour ago, Boston said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would have to pay a first (even a very late one) for Gurley at this point.

2 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I like this deal...especially if you like your chances of being good the next 2 years.  The upside with Fuller/Henderson is huge but I hate Fuller's injury history as well.  I think Henderson will be the man in LA.

If I knew Henderson would be the starter I would do it immediately I’m going to try to counter with the dude to see what he be willing to take now that I know he’s looking to move him.!

3 hours ago, Boston said:

I'm team B.

Damian

Conner

David Johnson

Ronald Jones

Mostert 

Those are the rbs.....mostert was my best down the stretch.

We all see and hear about the knee with Gurley, and its delineated Gurley is betting on himself with a one year deal, but at 6 mil.....seems to me is taking what he could get, which isn't a lot.   Better to cash out at this point for me

15 minutes ago, domvin said:

I'm team B.

Damian

Conner

David Johnson

Ronald Jones

Mostert 

Those are the rbs.....mostert was my best down the stretch.

We all see and hear about the knee with Gurley, and its delineated Gurley is betting on himself with a one year deal, but at 6 mil.....seems to me is taking what he could get, which isn't a lot.   Better to cash out at this point for me

Man, that is a group of RBs that has a lot on the line on draft weekend based on whether one of those top 5-6 rookies land on their team which is really not out of the question for any of them.

3 minutes ago, Boston said:

Man, that is a group of RBs that has a lot on the line on draft weekend based on whether one of those top 5-6 rookies land on their team which is really not out of the question for any of them.

Man, you ain't lying.   Totally agree with you.    Trying to move a lot of these backs.   Gurley was the first

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 12:41 PM, Jonesin For Some Football said:

With your depth at RB, I like this trade personally.  I'm not huge on Waller this year but I think Fournette could find himself on a different team in the next couple of years which will significantly limit his value.  

Completely agree on Fournette being on another team. 

On 3/31/2020 at 2:29 PM, fruity pebbles said:

Kupp, the 1.06 and an early 2nd for Miles Sanders, the 1.08 and a late 2nd. 

Sanders side easily for me. 

8 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

I have to disagree. I think acquiring WR2/3 types with WR1 upside is the easiest part. Acquiring the top studs is a different matter. Not talking about the one year wonders that finish top 12 but the perennial studs. There's usually something like 3-6 of them. MT is at the top of that list, but yes he is another year older. I don't mind your trade at all for value. And I agree that those pieces will help you. 

100% agree this. Was referring more to the WR2 and WR3’s like Perrimen that helped me win a few leagues in the Main Event last season. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, domvin said:

Team B.   Gets 1.11

I’ll take 1.11. Think the Falcons will draft a back in the top 2 rounds. Maybe Cam Akers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

🤔

Selling Fuller everywhere I can. His value has exponentially increased since the Nuke fiasco. 

• Thinking 1

Super stoked about this one. I got Mahomes!!

This is the wacky league I've written about before. Startup in 2016 with 24 teams. Two copies of each player. Bestball 25 man rosters. Bottom two teams kicked out each year and their rosters churned into the FA pool for the rookie/FA draft. This is the final season with half the annual dues going into this jackpot season. I just won the ship last season. 

Current FAs that will be available in the draft include:

Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Zeke, Juju, Cooper, Gurley, Chark, Engram, Hooper, Waller, Hurst x2, Herndon x2Henderson, a bunch of others. So we're down to 16 teams. I held the 1.16, which I'm thinking will get you maybe the 3rd/4th rookie RB or 2nd/3rd rookie WR. Or perhaps one of many TEs available. This is PPR but 1.25 PPR for TEs.

Anyway here it is:

I gave 1.16 and DJ Moore
I got 1.02

I then gave 1.02, Montgomery and Matt Ryan
I got Mahomes, Coleman

Now I get Mahomes and my trade partner will either get him or Zeke at 1.02, or flip for his own profit. I'm stacked at RB and WR, need to target TE a little bit. Looking forward to seeing this team compete for the final jackpot!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tejas said:

Selling Fuller everywhere I can. His value has exponentially increased since the Nuke fiasco. 

Meaning “selling high”, and not “fantasy value”? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Meaning “selling high”, and not “fantasy value”? 

Sold high, same concerns as you with constant soft tissue issues. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Not when he peaked five years ago. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, menobrown said:

I would expect to see Sanders taking more targets from Cook then infringing on MT or AK looks.  NOS WR2 has had the occasional big game (3 players had 4 good games in last 2 years), but nothing season worthy Top 36 that I can recall...if you consider Ginn & Smith shared WR2, they had ~80 targets....  I would expect Sanders to get > 80 targets  (same as he did in 2019) while Ginn & Smith combine for 40-50.... so Cook is the likely victim to suffer 

26 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

MT set the single season reception record last year. Do you think he will come close to it again, or break his own record? IMO its conceivable that he loses 25 receptions in 2020, which is about 31 targets

What's absurd is that even if he loses 25 receptions...he'll still catch ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR! :lol:

And THAT number would still be twenty more  than the next highest from last year (Allen & Hopkins)! :eek:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

What's absurd is that even if he loses 25 receptions...he'll still catch ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR! :lol:

And THAT number would still be twenty more  than the next highest from last year (Allen & Hopkins)! :eek:

Counterpoint - Most record setting performances are followed by even more than a 25 percent drop the next season.  Marvin Harrison set the receptions record and dropped under 100 the following year.  Calvin Johnson had his 120+/1900+ yard receiving season and dropped below 100 receptions a year for the rest of his career. Randy Moss set the touchdown record then never came close again. 

Even if past precedent didn't show that record setting performers often drop way off the next year, there's reasons to think Thomas will. 

Brees is a year older, Bridgwater is out of town, and other weapons may get more looks, particularly Kamara who had a relative down year and Sanders who has now shown multiple times that he can step into a new system and immediately produce.  

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

I was really more pointing out how absurd Thomas' year was last year.

If he regresses by a THIRD he's still around 100 catches.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Brees is a year older, Bridgwater is out of town, and other weapons may get more looks, particularly Kamara who had a relative down year and Sanders who has now shown multiple times that he can step into a new system and immediately produce.  

He'll drop but counterpoint to thinking he's going to take precipitous drop is Brees could remain healthy for 16 games which makes Bridgewater moot, he suffered small decline from 12.1 targets per game in Brees full 10 games to 10.5 in the 6 games Teddy mainly played, went from 9.7 catches per game to 8.6 in those 6 Teddy games, and while Kamara had a down year he's been between 81-82 receptions per year every yer and since he missed two games last year he easily had his most targets per game last year.

• Like 1