36 minutes ago, foxco said:

Just went down during the draft in 12 team superflex ppr

A gave
Justin Jefferson

B gave
Todd Gurley
DJ Chark
Allen Robinson

Not involved and I can't remember ever protesting a trade, but having a bit of trouble justifying this one. 

ARob super underrated too......lol

1 hour ago, foxco said:

A gave
Justin Jefferson

B gave
Todd Gurley
DJ Chark
Allen Robinson

Not involved and I can't remember ever protesting a trade, but having a bit of trouble justifying this one. 

This is some probably some idiot* who "had to have Jefferson", missed him and let that be known so Team A took advantage of him.

* I'm sure the guy isn't literally an idiot in real life - strictly talking about his actions here.

1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

Packers fan (not a great team) traded his 2021 1st to a builder for the 1.15

PPR, IDP

2021 1st since it should be early

3 hours ago, menobrown said:

I'd rather have the 1.5/2021 1st myself and were my opinion probably differs from yours and most is I don't hold Taylor in the same high regard but I would add that is not to say I would not pick Taylor at 1.2.

Yeah I definitely love Taylor there. Love CEH if it happens. I also hold 1.04 here and wanted to ensure I would get one of the top 2 backs as I see it. I feel the 1.04 here gives me some flexibility. I may trade back with it and gain a future 1st back. We shall see. I definitely don't fault anyone preferring the other side on this one. 

3 hours ago, foxco said:

A gave
Justin Jefferson

B gave
Todd Gurley
DJ Chark
Allen Robinson

Absurd. 

3 hours ago, foxco said:

A gave
Justin Jefferson Superman

B gave
Todd Gurley
DJ Chark
Allen Robinson

Edited for fariness

4 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

12 man PPR full IDP

Team A got Dalvin Cook

Team B got AJ Brown and 2021 1st

I will go with Cook without thinking twice...AJB is a great young player but if you look at the RB landscape there aren't many like Cook, a talented RB who is in a legit bell-cow position who is putting up big time numbers...I don't think this is giving up too much at all...you also get to keep this year's #1 and have a full year to figure out how to get back into next year's first round.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Diggs for me. Philly ruined Goedert's career. 

Wut?

Just now, JohnnyU said:

Wut?

I won't derail but yeah they cost him millions drafting him to basically play second fiddle to Ertz. I've heard of rumors about a contract extension for Ertz too. 

Goedert can't get out of Philly fast enough. No meat on the bone for him there so to speak.

10 PPR - No IDP - No SF

Team A Gave - Miles Sanders, AJ Brown, TJ Hockenson

Team B Gave - Christian McCaffrey

23 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC

I gave 1.05 and 2021 1st (I expect to make playoffs again)

I got 1.02, 3.02

A month ago I moved two late 2021 2nds for Mostert in this league. Then after this one yesterday I did this:

I gave Mostert, 3.02

I got 2.04, 2.10

Now I have 1.02, 1.04, 1.12, 2.03, 2.04 and 2.10. Am getting offers for 1.04.

Posted (edited)

16 team .5 PPR TE premium full IDP

Team A got 1.01; 7.01; 8.01; 8.02; Year 2021 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B

Team B got 2.02; 2.13; 3.02; 4.02; 5.02; 6.01; 6.02; Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A; $20 in blind bidding

===

12 man PPR full IDP

Team A got Kamara, Alvin NOS RB; Prater, Matt DET PK; Year 2020 Draft Pick 3.06; $5 in blind bidding

Team B got Moore, D.J. CAR WR; Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A

Edited by Hankmoody

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

16 team .5 PPR TE premium full IDP

Team A got 1.01; 7.01; 8.01; 8.02; Year 2021 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B

Team B got 2.02; 2.13; 3.02; 4.02; 5.02; 6.01; 6.02; Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A; $20 in blind bidding

===

12 man PPR full IDP

Team A got Kamara, Alvin NOS RB; Prater, Matt DET PK; Year 2020 Draft Pick 3.06; $5 in blind bidding

Team B got Moore, D.J. CAR WR; Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A

Since I don't do IDP I really can't comment on the first one because I don't know how valuable the picks are in that format...as for the second one I will definitely take the Kamara side...this is similar to the Cook/AJ Brown deal from yesterday...in the end I think it is much more difficult to find a Kamara then it is a Moore and Team A is not losing their draft pick this year and has a full year to get back into the first round...also, I don't see why Team B should be adding in the 3.06 which gives Team A a chance to get a little lucky in a deep draft and get the next Terry McLaurin...if I am gonna deal one of those top shelf RBs it really needs to be for an over-pay because they are so difficult to replace.

Edited by Boston

On the clock at the 2.07 and in dire need of RBs however Shenault was staring me right down the face and I wasn’t back in until 3.07 so 

Ronald Jones

for 2.11, 3.03 and a 2021 3rd 

and now hopefully I can pick up some of this cluster of RBs - McFarland, Evans, Dillon, Gibson, Kelley 

and got to take Shenault 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, foxco said:

A gave
Justin Jefferson

B gave
Todd Gurley
DJ Chark
Allen Robinson

This is just terrible.  Not sure how anyone would justify this.

16 hours ago, Milkman said:

Diggs for me. Philly ruined Goedert's career. 

Goedert finished TE10 last year and didn't even start being used until a month in to the season.  Ertz is aging and Goedert is still improving.  Not sure I'd say his career is ruined.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, TartanLion said:

On the clock at the 2.07 and in dire need of RBs however Shenault was staring me right down the face and I wasn’t back in until 3.07 so 

Ronald Jones

and now hopefully I can pick up some of this cluster of RBs - McFarland, Evans, Dillon, Gibson, Kelley 

and got to take Shenault 

Size and type of league matters.  Typical 12 man no IDP I like Jones a lot more than 2.11 and getting a couple other swings of the bat to replace him aren't enough to get out. 

• Like 1

12 team PPR league holding rookie draft now

I gave rookie pick 18

I got Noah Fant

No idea if this is good value or not but my only TEs behind Kittle are J. Graham and Olsen. Wanted a younger TE who has a chance to back up Kittle for a number of years.

Pick was used to take AJ Dillon. Rookies still left include Shenault, Tua, Aiyuk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roarlions said:

I gave rookie pick 18

I got Noah Fant

No idea if this is good value or not but my only TEs behind Kittle are J. Graham and Olsen. Wanted a younger TE who has a chance to back up Kittle for a number of years.

Pick was used to take AJ Dillon. Rookies still left include Shenault, Tua, Aiyuk.

Love this deal...I would definitely do that...as far as rookie TEs go he had an excellent year...unless something odd happens he should be a regular top 10 TE for quite sometime...this is much more of a sure thing than the pick you gave up...you now are set at TE for quite sometime and if Fant really blows up you can flip either him or Kittle and get far more then what you just gave up.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TartanLion said:

Ronald Jones

and got to take Shenault 

when did Vaughn and Moss go?

30 minutes ago, roarlions said:

I gave rookie pick 18

I got Noah Fant

Yes I like that trade for you a lot. TEs are weird for trade value sometimes but Fant is widely expected to emerge. If nothing else I bet you could flip him for a profit down the road.

• Thanks 1

Just now, barackdhouse said:

Yes I like that trade for you a lot. TEs are weird for trade value sometimes but Fant is widely expected to emerge. If nothing else I bet you could flip him for a profit down the road.

I would say you could profit today even, but TEs *are* weird and lots of owners will simply not trade for one, so...it isn't always so easy to flip. But they can be great pieces in bigger deals to push something over the edge.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, roarlions said:

I gave rookie pick 18

I got Noah Fant

I would take Fant pretty easily here.

It's pretty crazy how so many people draft rookie TEs knowing they are going to have to wait on them, but then refuse to wait on them once the new shine wears off.

Fant just put up one of the top 10 rookie TE seasons of all time from a productivity standpoint (right on par with Mark Andrews' rookie year) and then this guy trades him away probably for a lower pick than he drafted him at originally.  What the heck was this guy expecting when he picked him if he's going to sell him for less after he puts up a top 10 all-time season for a rookie?

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

when did Vaughn and Moss go?

1.10 and 2.06

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

It's pretty crazy how so many people draft rookie TEs knowing they are going to have to wait on them, but then refuse to wait on them once the new shine wears off.

Fant just put up one of the top 10 rookie TE seasons of all time from a productivity standpoint (right on par with Mark Andrews' rookie year) and then this guy trades him away probably for a lower pick than he drafted him at originally.  What the heck was this guy expecting when he picked him if he's going to sell him for less after he puts up a top 10 all-time season for a rookie?

Yep. I recently did a FFPC superflex dynasty startup and moved up into the 7th to take Fant as the 9th TE off the board. Granted this was before the NFL draft, but only 8 rookie went ahead of him. Just one example of course.

ETA FFPC is 1.5 PPR for TEs, and with it being superflex - Tua and Burrows were two of those 8 rookies. So only 6 non-QB rookies went ahead of Fant.

Edited by barackdhouse
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thought it might be interesting to post a trade that just went down during the draft.

PPR

Gave:

Allen Robinson

Got:

1.07 (to draft CeeDee Lamb... almost took him at 1.03)

Huge believer in Lamb. Allen Robinson might be the most underappreciated WR in fantasy, as this looks like an overpay on my part but he just doesn't have a lot of trade value. He was my WR4/5 so I'm ok with an "overpay" as the payoff could be huge and I'm ok waiting for it. 

Edited by doowain

2 hours ago, doowain said:

Thought it might be interesting to post a trade that just went down during the draft.

PPR

Gave:

Allen Robinson

Got:

1.07 (to draft CeeDee Lamb... almost took him at 1.03)

Huge believer in Lamb. Allen Robinson might be the most underappreciated WR in fantasy, as this looks like an overpay on my part but he just doesn't have a lot of trade value. He was my WR4/5 so I'm ok with an "overpay" as the payoff could be huge and I'm ok waiting for it. 

Bad. ARob was WR8 last year. 

I think my league mates just sent me a message. I'd sent out several feelers, never anything stupid, but never a counter.

And then two teams did this one. Moving down three picks in the first just to get a late third? I don't get it.

Give: 1.12 & 3.09

Get: 1.09

:shrug:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Team trading Fant away also had Andrews and Goedert. Disappointed, was trying to get one of his TE’s away from him but didn’t have an early 2nd to trade.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Bad. ARob was WR8 last year. 

Price check him. His value is not in the same universe as WR8. Which might make him a buy.

And the difference between 1.12 and Lamb is huge IMO. 

Edited by doowain
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, doowain said:

Price check him. His value is not in the same universe as WR8. Which might make him a buy.

You have your answer.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Milkman said:
11 minutes ago, doowain said:

You have your answer.

So go buy him. And hope he stays healthy and performs. Which has happened twice in 6 seasons 🤣 

His value is where it is for a reason. 

Edited by doowain
  • Thinking 1

48 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I think my league mates just sent me a message. I'd sent out several feelers, never anything stupid, but never a counter.

And then two teams did this one. Moving down three picks in the first just to get a late third? I don't get it.

I'm looking to move down to mid-first from 1.01 and getting no real value from the calculators to even send anything out, really. The price of missing the mid-to-late first that I want is too steep, but the value lost by picking him 1.01 is too great. I'm stuck in my draft spot and stuck with a value play I don't want. Strange. It should be nice to control the draft, but I feel like the draft is in control of me. Perhaps a second and future second is really all one can ask in a move so slightly downward as the 1.05. But that doesn't seem even wroth the risk of not getting who you covet.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, doowain said:

So go buy him. And hope he stays healthy and performs. Which has happened twice in 6 seasons 🤣 

His value is where it is for a reason. 

I think you both are too terse with each other and that the answer lies in the middle. ARob had a spectacular year last year. That said, his injury history and age are factors against him in dynasty lifetime value.

His ability to get separation with speed is also a concern. But the man can flat out run routes and play.

Edited by rockaction

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I think you both are too terse with each other and that the answer lies in the middle. ARob had a spectacular year last year. That said, his injury history and age are factors against him in dynasty lifetime value.

His ability to get separation with speed is also a concern. But the man can flat out run routes and play.

Dude is a clown who speaks like a clown. It's not unexpected.

Agree with everything you said about ARob. Although at almost 27 he's a down or injured season away from zero value. Lamb is on the other end of that spectrum. He was the consensus WR1 heading into the draft and I was able to procure him at 1.07. That's insane and his value should only rise. To me, Lamb and ARob are ike two ships passing in opposite directions. One headed towards zero trade value, one rising. I think they passed each other even before Lamb was drafted. Time will tell. 

Edited by doowain
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, doowain said:

Ouch. I like the Milkman. I think you paid too much for Lamb, if we're being honest, but I'm not a huge believer in him in the first place (nor of Jeudy). I think getting a second helps, as that is where I think the value in this draft is at WR. I think you massively overpaid, though.

That's me. I'm sure the calcs and others have it differently. And, as Dr. Octopus and people like me would point out, markets are closed, not open for absolute valuations of freely traded commodities. 

I don't want to set myself up to be a contrarian, and am new to this, but I think you paid too much depending on your situation. 

8 minutes ago, doowain said:

Agree with everything you said about ARob. Although at almost 27 he's a down or injured season away from zero value. Lamb is on the other end of that spectrum. He was the consensus WR1 heading into the draft and I was able to procure him at 1.07. That's insane and his value should only rise. To me, Lamb and ARob are ike two ships passing in opposite directions. One headed towards zero trade value, one rising. I think they passed each other even before Lamb was drafted. Time will 

It's an over pay for the #3 on an offense. My bad. Lol

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I don't want to set myself up to be a contrarian, and am new to this, but I think you paid too much depending on your situation. 

I conceded as much in my original post. 

I'll put a pin in this post to look back on in a year. 

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

It's an over pay for the #3 on an offense. My bad. Lol

You wandered into the dynasty trade thread. The redraft one is somewhere else. Hth. 

4 minutes ago, doowain said:

I conceded as much in my original post. 

I'll put a pin in this post to look back on in a year. 

You indeed did. I was going to put that in there to soften it. I think you maybe wanted some backing on Lamb and aren't finding it in the responses that The Milkman and I gave. I'm sure there are those here who are high on Lamb and think differently than us. Sure you can pin it, but I'm hardly being confrontational or saying you're wrong -- I concede I value Lamb differently than even most prognosticators. I'd trade out of the first and pick up two seconds if it came down to having to take him. He's a skinny tackle breaker in the Big 12? Not sold. 

12 minutes ago, doowain said:

You wandered into the dynasty trade thread. The redraft one is somewhere else. Hth. 

Ok I guess it was a great trade. Enjoy your #3 for the next 3 years. 

3 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Ok I guess it was a great trade. Enjoy your #3 for the next 3 years. 

Thanks! 👍

26 minutes ago, doowain said:

Thanks! 👍

I'll say it without the sarcasm.  Its a brilliant trade and your analysis is spot on.  It may take an extra season or two to pan out than originally thought, but Lamb has a high probability of becoming a top 5 WR.  Both in reality and fantasy.

Finally got a share of Mahomes and its my biggest FFPC league.

Gave: Watson, Kamara, Latavius Murray

Got: Mahomes, Aaron Jones, 6.07

I'd been trying to move Kamara for market value but hadnt found much luck.  I see the backs as similar value (although I prefer AK), both hitting 25 this year with potentially expiring QBs.  GB drafting Dillion worries me a little, especially in the red zone, but so does Taysom Hill and Murray eats a chunk of red zone opportunities himself.  

Feels like I got a huge QB upgrade for basically free.  

4 hours ago, rockaction said:

I'm looking to move down to mid-first from 1.01 and getting no real value from the calculators to even send anything out, really. The price of missing the mid-to-late first that I want is too steep, but the value lost by picking him 1.01 is too great. I'm stuck in my draft spot and stuck with a value play I don't want. Strange. It should be nice to control the draft, but I feel like the draft is in control of me. Perhaps a second and future second is really all one can ask in a move so slightly downward as the 1.05. But that doesn't seem even wroth the risk of not getting who you covet.

The players available at 1.09 are basically the same at 1.12, so I can see dropping back for a 3rd if that’s all you can get, but it is weak. The difference between 1.01 and 1.05 is greater. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 9:28 PM, -OZ- said:

Just had a team deal picks 10, 12, 28, and 42 for the 1. He also has the 2. Doesn't have much else on the team except Jacobs and some good IDP. But he has many picks.

Not enough for #1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The one getting the 3.09 does not understand the difference between real football and fantasy football...in real football a third is a nice asset...in fantasy football you just took yourself out of a spot where a top-tier prospect may unexpectedly drop for an asset that has a pretty solid chance of not hitting and a very slim chance of ever really contributing.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 4