Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nero said:

Traded 1.1 and Tyrell Williams

for

1.8, 2.3 and 3.1

I wouldn't have traded the 1.1 for that, especially if I was weak at RB.  At the very worse you should have gotten a top 5 pick back plus a #1 back for 2021 or at worse a top 5 pick and a couple of early 2nds in 2020.  I don't feel you picked up enough draft capital to justify giving up the 1.1

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 3

And another where one guy traded up in draft. Not involved. 12 team, 1 pt ppr flex.

Team A gave up Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR; Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.07

Team B gave up Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.03; Year 2021 Round 2 Draft Pick 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I wouldn't traded the 1.1 for that, especially if I was weak at RB.  At the very worse you should have gotten a top 5 pick back plus a #1 back for 2021 or at worse a top 5 pick and a couple of early 2nds in 2020.  I don't feel you picked up enough draft capital to justify giving up the 1.1

Normally I would agree. But this draft is so deep that I think this is fair to both teams.  This could be CEH for Jefferson, Aiyuk and Gibson.

Edited by az_prof

26 minutes ago, Nero said:

for

1.8, 2.3 and 3.1

24 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I wouldn't traded the 1.1 for that, especially if I was weak at RB.  At the very worse you should have gotten a top 5 pick back plus a #1 back for 2021 or at worse a top 5 pick and a couple of early 2nds in 2020.  I don't feel you picked up enough draft capital to justify giving up the 1.1

We are on the eve of the draft.  I chose the option that I think gives me the best long term results.  Considering there is no consensus 1.1, it doesn't hold the value it has in other years.  My team is not ready to compete, and 1.1 was my only pick.  I feel much better about adding one of Ruggs/Jefferson/Reagor and one of Mims/Pittman/Aiyuk plus whatever I find at 3.1 than drafting D'Andre Swift to this team.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Nero said:

We are on the eve of the draft.  I chose the option that I think gives me the best long term results.  Considering there is no consensus 1.1, it doesn't hold the value it has in other years.  My team is not ready to compete, and 1.1 was my only pick.  I feel much better about adding one of Ruggs/Jefferson/Reagor and one of Mims/Pittman/Aiyuk plus whatever I find at 3.1 than drafting D'Andre Swift to this team.

I think for a RB needy team, one of CEH, Taylor, or Dobbins is a must and if you can't get one of those, either Jeudy, Lamb, or Akers would be a must.  I would have had to have at least a top 6 pick back and either a 2021 1st or 2 early 2nds in the 2020 draft.  I feel there is a huge drop off at 1.7 (CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Jeudy, Lamb, Akers).  Yes, I consider Swift and Ruggs a huge drop off from those 7 I listed.

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

There is no bird, though. Neither Kirk or Edmonds fit into that category. We're not talking about established studs or something. I'm not putting either of those guys in my starting lineup, so why would I give up *either* of those two picks? My FFPC team is drafting in the mid 3rd round right now and Edmonds is still on the board. Like I said he would be. Higgins and Mims went at 2.03/2.04. I have also seen Pittman go there, as well as Aiyuk. I would *easily* take those guys first. 

Note, most years I would agree about the assessment of bust rates and the values of 2nd round picks. I just don't think the board this year backs that up. The 2nd is loaded.

I think there is a lot more bust risk with the guys being picked at 16 and 17 than you do. No problem,we  just see it differently. Shenault may likely fail due to injuries, Mims and Pittman, even Higgins, can be no more than WR3s due to lack of initial burst (like 'can't miss' Treadwell), Aiyuk and even Reagor never really dominated in college or faced bigger faster DBs. And injury or not having the heart to do the work required, or not having the ability to step up to the speed of the game or not liking to be hit as hard as they will be ... so many things can be the case or happen.  I think Kirk, having proved as much, is far more likely to have a solid WR career then any one of these guys, and while Edwards may be as or even more of a risk to succeed, he can catch and in that offense he's likely a top 15 RB. Maybe one or two of all the WRs picked at or after 17 will be a top 15 WR. But I'm fine to make that trade: you get my 2.03 and 2.04 for Edwards and Kirk. That makes us both happy. 

• Like 1

It comes then to risk tolerance.

Kirk and Edmonds may have proven capable to have solid careers - but I think that's all they'll have.

I'll take a chance that the guys selected in the early second will be more than "solid" even if it's possibly more likely they'll bust.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nero said:

It’s too cheap for that big a move up, but I get what you’re trying to do and the need for extra ammo especially in a loaded draft. Personally i would have tried to move back incrementally and work it that way. 

34 minutes ago, Catbird said:

I think there is a lot more bust risk with the guys being picked at 16 and 17 than you do. No problem,we  just see it differently. Shenault may likely fail due to injuries, Mims and Pittman, even Higgins, can be no more than WR3s due to lack of initial burst (like 'can't miss' Treadwell), Aiyuk and even Reagor never really dominated in college or faced bigger faster DBs. And injury or not having the heart to do the work required, or not having the ability to step up to the speed of the game or not liking to be hit as hard as they will be ... so many things can be the case or happen.  I think Kirk, having proved as much, is far more likely to have a solid WR career then any one of these guys, and while Edwards may be as or even more of a risk to succeed, he can catch and in that offense he's likely a top 15 RB. Maybe one or two of all the WRs picked at or after 17 will be a top 15 WR. But I'm fine to make that trade: you get my 2.03 and 2.04 for Edwards and Kirk. That makes us both happy. 

Edmonds not Edwards. Edwards is yet another rookie WR I'd rather have.

But look I don't think you're crazy or anything. There is really no questioning the bust rates of rookie WRs. One point, though, I am not calling any of these guys can't miss. But I am saying I think their chances are much, much better than typical 2nd round fantasy picks, this year. But yes it's cool to say we disagree. No biggie, I would obviously take the trade offer.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

This seems like a fair trade to me. In a normal draft year with a consensus stud at 1.1 and less depth, then No. But there is no Barkley or ADP quality back and the depth at WR is exceptional. Even the 3.01 should yield a promising pick with upside.   For a team that is rebuilding, trading down makes sense. For the team trading up, that really only needs one more RB to be a top contender, trading up makes sense.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, az_prof said:

This seems like a fair trade to me. In a normal draft year with a consensus stud at 1.1 and less depth, then No. But there is no Barkley or ADP quality back and the depth at WR is exceptional. Even the 3.01 should yield a promising pick with upside.   For a team that is rebuilding, trading down makes sense. For the team trading up, that really only needs one more RB to be a top contender, trading up makes sense.

Sounds to me like you're undervaluing the top 6, or even 7 if you factor in Akers.  He traded down to 8, so no, that wasn't a good deal for him considering how much he needed a RB.

Edited by JohnnyU

25 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

It’s too cheap for that big a move up, but I get what you’re trying to do and the need for extra ammo especially in a loaded draft. Personally i would have tried to move back incrementally and work it that way. 

Its the same draft that Juju and 1.7 got traded for 1.3.  I would have definitely taken that had it been offered.  It takes two to tango.  You can't always control what you can get.  No one made an offer for 1.1 except one guy and most of his offers would make the worst offer you ever received list.  Ironically, he received Juju and 1.7 for 1.3.  I considered taking CeeDee at 1.1 just because how I want to rebuild.  I had to seek out a trade partner, so I certainly wasn't expecting to be on the perceived winning side of the trade. 

45 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It comes then to risk tolerance.

Kirk and Edmonds may have proven capable to have solid careers - but I think that's all they'll have.

I'll take a chance that the guys selected in the early second will be more than "solid" even if it's possibly more likely they'll bust.

This.  I don’t get why people keep talking about Kirk like he’s proven so much.  As you said, he’s proven he can play in the league.  Guess I’m looking for more than that, and thus far the jury is out on whether he’ll produce more than mediocre numbers as the likely long term #2 in Arizona.  Give me two early 2nds pretty easily there.

• Like 1

If Edmonds become the feature back, I don't see how any of those WRs catch up. If he doesn't, I like your side better as well. 

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Sorry but I agree with the others here. I think you massively undersold. 

I don't think 2.03/3.01 would be enough to move up from 1.03 to 1.01 in most leagues, nevermind all the way from 1.08.

Like someone else said I can understand what you were trying to do here given where your team is at, I just think you barely got half the value back that you could have for that pick. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nero said:

Its the same draft that Juju and 1.7 got traded for 1.3.  I would have definitely taken that had it been offered.  It takes two to tango.  You can't always control what you can get.  No one made an offer for 1.1 except one guy and most of his offers would make the worst offer you ever received list.  Ironically, he received Juju and 1.7 for 1.3.  I considered taking CeeDee at 1.1 just because how I want to rebuild.  I had to seek out a trade partner, so I certainly wasn't expecting to be on the perceived winning side of the trade. 

I've had 1.01 up on the block for about three weeks. No bites. Like you, I shared my trade yesterday. Like you, I'm in a rebuild. Like you, people didn't think I got enough. And they're probably right. But when FreeBaGeL says everyone is trying to move down, he or she is right. That also cuts the price.

For your edification, I traded the 1.01 for 1.06, 2.04, and 3.06. One calc had me down by a small bit, one calc had me about tied, the other wanted him to add a crappy player (like the NFL has crappy players, what am I saying? A below league-norm player) to even it out. I took the two picks in a meaningful part of the draft and ran with it.

Oh, it should also be said I am targeting a guy going at the end of the first in mocks as my first. That means it would be wasted capital to take him with the 1.01, another feather for the trade cap.

It's a closed market and lots of people are trying to move down. I think Snorkelson had the best idea, and I would have done that if I'd been savvy enough or had enough owners been involved. One checked into the draft week to confirm late (because we can't start until everyone confirms). Said he'd been dealing with deaths.

So this isn't life or death. If you got too little for a fantasy team, feel ahead of the game. I know it's what we talk about, but don't stress too much.

Edited by rockaction

23 hours ago, rockaction said:

Going back to JohnnyU's point about COVID and the supplemental draft, now might even be a good time to get rid of your high picks from next year if all the good players wind up going supplemental. Just something to think about in the back of one's mind.

But wouldn't it take ... next year's picks to draft players in the supplemental?  You'd be shutting yourself out of that.

Just now, Hankmoody said:

But wouldn't it take ... next year's picks to draft players in the supplemental?  You'd be shutting yourself out of that.

Oh. Full stop on my end. I really have no idea. How would they even know what pick it was? Would you just lose the pick from a specified round? And what if the NFL doesn't cancel but college does. Then how would you lose picks, etc. I must admit I'm confused by the whole thing so if sounds like I'm not making sense, I'm not.

9 hours ago, Nero said:

for

1.8, 2.3 and 3.1

1.01 in a landslide.  Not nearly enough to move off that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Oh. Full stop on my end. I really have no idea. How would they even know what pick it was? Would you just lose the pick from a specified round? And what if the NFL doesn't cancel but college does. Then how would you lose picks, etc. I must admit I'm confused by the whole thing so if sounds like I'm not making sense, I'm not.

Pretty cool topic for discussion in its own thread I think.  I've never seen a supplemental dynasty draft discussed and in years past those players would just be eligible for waivers in my leagues, but if there were a mass exodus like this I think I would be more tempted to organize something more NFL-style using next year's picks.  I don't want to derail this one any further though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nero said:

for

1.8, 2.3 and 3.1

Big drop from 1.1 to 1.8, but 2 more picks could work out.

i think TyWil is undervalued, too, but that’s me. 3.1 is probably fair value for Ty, so this is 1.08 & 2.3 for 1.1

probably not a deal I’d make but it’s not outrageous. 

On 5/2/2020 at 7:45 PM, Dr. BD said:

12tm 1qb ppr

Gave: 2021 1st (I drafted at 1.07 this year), 2021 2nd (mine), 2.07

Got: 1.03

Bargain. Nice job. 

Old school non PPR 2RB/3WR no flex league, saw this go down...

Dak & Mixon

for

R.Wilson & C.Edwards-Helaire

2 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Old school non PPR 2RB/3WR no flex league, saw this go down...

Dak & Mixon

for

R.Wilson & C.Edwards-Helaire

Non PPR? Dak/Mixon for me.

18 minutes ago, Dr. BD said:

idk... seems extremely light to move down 7 spots. and that's not even factoring in Williams. yikes

I’m not too up on things around here. What did you do with Dr. Dan?

23 minutes ago, Dr. BD said:

idk... seems extremely light to move down 7 spots. and that's not even factoring in Williams. yikes

I’m pretty sure the deal would have gotten done without involving Williams, but I would have cut him.

4 minutes ago, Dr. BD said:

I didnt see the other posts responding before i made my own

i understand this is the best you could have gotten. sucks but it is what it is, and those arent bad picks to have (2.3, 3.1). William's was a cut so no big deal i guess. I'd expect more for 1.01 but the market was what it was

I also gave him Brisset too, but I knew he would cut Brissett and might have some use for Williams as a bye week fill in. I have Metcalf, Deebo, JJAW, D. Parker, P. Williams, Funchess, Westbrook and Bisi Johnson. I expect to add WR’s at 1.8 and 2.3, so Williams was expendable for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nero said:

I get it that value is only worth what someone will pay. And I understand having the extra picks in this draft for rebuilding. I don’t have a problem with any of that. I simply think that is really cheap to move from 1.08 to 1.01. If I can’t make a trade here I probably take the blue chip guy and build around that, but again, you have no other draft picks to work with so I get that too. I don’t know what the calculators say but for me, that’s too cheap in any draft. Heck look through last couple pages, there are some trades moving up 1 spot that got better deals. The 1.01 in a good draft year is a valuable piece to build with, you had a day to continue shopping, I think you could have done better, but it’s just my opinion. 

Just now (not involved). 1.02 OTC. Clyde went 1.01. 

1.02 for 1.04 and 3.04. 

On 4/30/2020 at 3:36 PM, JamboTaylor said:

Montgomery for a 2022 2nd

That seems well low for him at this point.  I think he was drafted in the top 2 or 3 in last year's rookie draft.  We had him go for a 2021 1st and 2nd recently in our league.

Just now, Jonesin For Some Football said:

That seems well low for him at this point.  I think he was drafted in the top 2 or 3 in last year's rookie draft.  We had him go for a 2021 1st and 2nd recently in our league.

Where he was drafted last year is irrelevant.  I would rather have the 2nd rd pick.  He was over drafted by both the Bears and fantasy owners last year.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:15 PM, doowain said:

Gave:

Gallup

2021 1st (late) - still have two more

Got:

AJG

1.07 (drafted Jeudy)

Took over this orphan team this off-season without a 1st.

I like this move.  Especially getting a team for the 1st year without a 1st.  You want to be a part of the draft and rebuild.  Gallup's value took a big hit with the Lamb pick and a 2021 late 1st is a small price to pay.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 10:41 AM, FreeBaGeL said:

Then in another league I woke up to this offer and couldn't accept it fast enough.  I think the other owner was overreacting to Denver drafting WRs.

Gave: 2.07, 2.10

Got: Courtland Sutton

That's crazy.

On 5/2/2020 at 1:50 PM, rockaction said:

Not proud of this one but this just went down and as long as we're doing it:

Gave 1.01

Got 1.06, 2.04, 3.06.

That gives me 1.06, 2.01, 2.04, 2.07, 3.01, 3.06, 4.01, 5.01, 6.01

Each team needs the picks and this is a deep draft. Calc says I lose by a bit. I'm okay with that. 

I don't think you got enough for 1 at all but as long as you hit on 6 and 2.4 if could work out in the long run.  Think you could have got a lot more had you shopped one or waited until you are on the clock.

On 5/2/2020 at 2:24 PM, rockaction said:

Thanks. Still like to win, though. One thing I also didn't want to go too deeply into is that I made the offer knowing that the person that I was making the offer to needed his picks, too. He's rebuilding from taking over. So I also want to keep him as confidant and trading partner. Accepting a renegotiation seemed like the best way to build things long term.

And that's the honest truth about why I would accept that. Sometimes you bite the bullet just a bit for future endeavors. I didn't really, even to the calcs, lose by that much. But again, justification. Just figured I'd post while everybody else was because this literally happened twenty minutes ago.

I totally get this reasoning though.  I've done it before.  Sometimes you have to take a bit of a loss in a trade.

• Thanks 1

12 Team FFPC style (disbands after 2020 jackpot season - this one is big and crazy)

Team A gives Brandin Cooks, Hunter Henry, Gesicki, 1.12, 2.07, 2.12
Team B gives Nuk, Kyler Murray, Sternberger, 1.07

I don't get it.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I totally get this reasoning though.  I've done it before.  Sometimes you have to take a bit of a loss in a trade.

Thanks. And while I'm defending myself a bit, I posted this knowing full well that

1. I didn't get top dollar
  2. maybe if I shopped longer and harder I could have gotten better for the deal

But it was tough sledding there. So I hope, to the reader, this comes more by way of explanation rather than of petulance or anything like that. 

12 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

12 Team FFPC style (disbands after 2020 jackpot season - this one is big and crazy)

Team A gives Brandin Cooks, Hunter Henry, Gesicki, 1.12, 2.07, 2.12
Team B gives Nuk, Kyler Murray, Sternberger, 1.07

I don't get it.

You are likely not alone.  I guess it’s a moderate TE upgrade for Team B?  That’s about the only nice thing you can say.  🤷🏼‍♂️

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

We just had two trades that I wasn't involved in.  12 team, .5 PPR, 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE:

Chris Carson & Devin Singletary

for

1.6, 2.6, and 2021 2nd

Tyreek Hill, 1.8, 5.2

for

OBJ, 1.4, 4.3

Thoughts?

Picks

Hill

Edited by Andy Dufresne

46 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Where he was drafted last year is irrelevant.  I would rather have the 2nd rd pick.  He was over drafted by both the Bears and fantasy owners last year.

I get that train of thought but I think he was misused last year.  He should have a much better year this year.  He showed some good flashes.  If you are happy with it, that is all that matters just think you should have been able to get more.

With 1.08 OTC, I sent 1.10 and 3.10 for the 1.08. With the 1.08, I took Justin Jefferson. 

It is just that this is where I see a tier break, even though I think it will be interesting that Jefferson did most of his damage this year out of the slot and that is where Thielen does most of his work. 

25 minutes ago, Spike said:

With 1.08 OTC, I sent 1.10 and 3.10 for the 1.08. With the 1.08, I took Justin Jefferson. 

It is just that this is where I see a tier break, even though I think it will be interesting that Jefferson did most of his damage this year out of the slot and that is where Thielen does most of his work. 

Great deal, I feel the same about that tier drop, and I have Jefferson right there, too.

14 team league after draft. Super Flex, TE premium PPR, IDP

team A gives Michael Pittman Brandon Aiyuk. 2021 2nd(2.1 or 2.2)

Team B gives JK Dobbins, 2021 1st(could be anywhere between 4 to 12). 

Posted (edited)

12 team ppr Superflex

sent 3.07, 3.11

got 3.02, 4.10

Some surprising names on the board still, dont expect the top half to get to me, but who knows about the others.

curently pick 2.08

names on the board still are;

Mims, Aiyuk, Shenault, Dillon, Gibson, Edwards, Claypool, Hamler, AGG, Hurts (superflex *shrug)

Edited by Pwingles

On 5/2/2020 at 11:56 AM, Hot Sauce Guy said:
On 5/1/2020 at 11:15 PM, doowain said:

Gave:

Gallup

2021 1st (late) - still have two more

Got:

AJG

1.07 (drafted Jeudy)

Took over this orphan team this off-season without a 1st.

I like the deal for you, but how do you know the 2021 pick will be late?

Just a projection based on the roster of the team that pick is tied to. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just made this trade.

2.06 was OTC.

I sent 2.06 and Hunter Henry for the other owner's 3.06 and 2021 1st.  He had the worst record this past season.  He didn't have the 1.01 and with his only other pick so far this draft, he took Joe Burrow.  

Just need to hope there is no MAJOR supplemental draft this year to sap the strength out of the 2021 draft.

I feel good about this one.

EDIT - With the 2.06 pick, he took Justin Herbert.

I feel better about this one.

Edited by Spike
  • Laughing 2

4 hours ago, Crippler said:

14 team league after draft. Super Flex, TE premium PPR, IDP

team A gives Michael Pittman Brandon Aiyuk. 2021 2nd(2.1 or 2.2)

Team B gives JK Dobbins, 2021 1st(could be anywhere between 4 to 12). 

Dobbins/1st pretty easily for me.  I would take Dobbins over PIttman+Aiyuk pretty easily and obviously 2021 1st over 2021 2nd.

• Like 2

FPC

Give  

Carson, Chris

Get

2021 1st (likely mid-late)
Kelley, Joshua
2020 Pick 4.10 (Hamler)

Were it not for the fractured hip I would not have done it, but fractured ankle and now fractured hip really has me worried this yr and especially beyond. I also have Eckler and he has DeeJay so I think it makes sense for both tms. Probably not going to be popular trade but I think it makes sense for both tms.