What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

A few from the last couple of days. 

Gave 2.4, 2.5, ‘21 1st for Jacobs, 4.2

Gave 1.5 (Akers), 1.8 (Jefferson), 3.8 for Drake, Chark, 2.4 for a win-now team

Gave Julio, Parker, Hooper for Adams, Lazard

A few rookie draft trades OTC in 12 team PPR QRRWWWT:

Team A gave 1.04, 2.08, Deebo, Team B gave 1.06, 1.11, 2.04 

I think team A wanted to get one of Jefferson or Reagor at 11 for Deebo, and didn't care which of Dobbins, Swift, Akers he got. He ended up with Akers. Dobbins was 4.

Team A gave 1.11 and 2.04, Team C gave 1.10 and 2.07

I'm team C. Reagor and Jefferson were available, and I slightly preferred Reagor but was happy to let the other guy choose for me (he took Jefferson).

Team C gave 2.04 and 3.06, Team D gave 21 1st (mid to late) 

2.04 was Higgins. I wanted to draft him, but I had a later 2nd that I didn't have roster space for. So I get to keep Anthony McFarland (2.10 pick) as a result of this trade. 

A few rookie draft trades OTC in 12 team PPR QRRWWWT:

Team A gave 1.04, 2.08, Deebo, Team B gave 1.06, 1.11, 2.04  Deebo side

I think team A wanted to get one of Jefferson or Reagor at 11 for Deebo, and didn't care which of Dobbins, Swift, Akers he got. He ended up with Akers. Dobbins was 4.

Team A gave 1.11 and 2.04, Team C gave 1.10 and 2.07

I'd need to see who they took. Close

I'm team C. Reagor and Jefferson were available, and I slightly preferred Reagor but was happy to let the other guy choose for me (he took Jefferson).

Team C gave 2.04 and 3.06, Team D gave 21 1st (mid to late) 

Depends how stacked Team C is.....if he needs WR I like the 2.04 spot. There's a good one there.

2.04 was Higgins. I wanted to draft him, but I had a later 2nd that I didn't have roster space for. So I get to keep Anthony McFarland (2.10 pick) as a result of this trade. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well damn now I feel like a dolt for dealing my 2021 1st for 2.01 in FFPC when Justin Jefferson was still on the board.
I don't hate that at all, Jefferson is my 8th ranked player and who I took when I could not trade out.

I'd add that I would have given up 1.8(Jefferson)  for just any  2021#1. I shopped the picks when I had them but not to everyone.  I tended to look at it this way.

2021 better then average non-playoff pick>Jefferson>2021 strong chance or lock of playoff pick

That's all in a vacuum. How much or little you need a WR, how much roster space you have, etc, etc

Gave:   Melvin Gordon, Deebo Samuel and 2.6

Received:  1.1

1.1 by a lot
That seems to be the consensus.  I think 1.1 is just not as valuable this year because there is no definitive #1 pick. 

I was just on the other side of this as I moved off of 1.1 for 1.8, 2.3 and 3.1.  It turned out to be Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk and Van Jefferson.  For that team, those three players work a lot better for my rebuilding plan than taking Swift who I think is the 1.1.

Need to get a lot more when you are dealing the 1.1...Gordon can help but he is not trending in the right direction and you also have Lindsay there...no way should he be the centerpiece of dealing away the 1.1... love Deebo and think he will help but he just feels like he is gonna be a better real football player then fantasy football player in San Fran...2.6 is not moving the needle...when you are dealing away a big time asset you just can't allow the other owner to nibble around the edges of his roster, they need to give up some of the meat.

That seems to be the consensus.  I think 1.1 is just not as valuable this year because there is no definitive #1 pick. 

I was just on the other side of this as I moved off of 1.1 for 1.8, 2.3 and 3.1.  It turned out to be Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk and Van Jefferson.  For that team, those three players work a lot better for my rebuilding plan than taking Swift who I think is the 1.1.
It's between two guys and Swift isn't one of them.

I love the Jacobs and Adams trades.  Great value.  The win-now trade makes sense but seems like a lot to pay for Drake/Chark but to be fair, I'm not really high on either of them.

I'd say 1.1 here pretty easily personally.  Gordon doesn't hold much value especially as this trade ages.  I'm a 9er fan and like Deebo but I don't see him ever reaching WR1 territory in fantasy.  2.6 is a good throw in but not sure this is quite enough.  I got a similar offer for 1.2 and turned it down.

Big tier drop after the 1.02 pick in rookie drafts this year for me. I want out of the 1st round if I'm picking 1.03-1.10. 

Not sure if it's possible but I'd be looking to acquire buy low guys and 2nds for some of those picks. 

I'd say 1.1 here pretty easily personally.  Gordon doesn't hold much value especially as this trade ages.  I'm a 9er fan and like Deebo but I don't see him ever reaching WR1 territory in fantasy.  2.6 is a good throw in but not sure this is quite enough.  I got a similar offer for 1.2 and turned it down.
The person selling 1.1 didn't earn it, he finished 3rd in the standings and lost in the championship game.

The person selling 1.1 didn't earn it, he finished 3rd in the standings and lost in the championship game.
You guys give the 1st overall pick to the team that loses in the championship game?  Seems flawed a bit.  I guess I'm new to dynasty but we do reverse order in the loser's bracket (so everyone has something to play for the entire season) so the winner of consolation bracket gets 1.1 and the last place team gets 1.6.  Then 1.7-1.12 goes to the playoff teams in order of finish the the champ gets the worst pick.  Seems more fair to me.

I wouldn't have done that deal, but I think Gordon is getting seriously slept on right now. That offense could be prolific this year and if that comes to pass hes as good a lock for 10+ TDs as anyone.  Id say his outlook for the next two years is that of an RB1 rather easily. 

I  don't think a scenario exists  in this deal were I'd give up Jacobs if I did not think the 2021#1 has a reasonable shot of being one of the top picks . On the flip side I don't think I'm paying a top pick and chance to likely draft two young WR's(strength of 2.4/2.5 in most drafts) for Jacobs if I think my team is so bad it's going to be a high pick after this trade. So if my team is contending or not, where that pick is expected to land are key factors here.

Picking up Drake and Chark for a win now team makes total sense,  plus the way a lot of drafts went that 2.4 over the 3.8 should not be overrated, most drafts that's a healthy difference in tiers. Still I prefer the Akers/Jefferson side in the old vacuum, but makes sense for both sides.

I prefer the Julio side on that last deal but again can see both sides.  I see nothing in Lazard. I do have Adams a little over Julio for this year just a tad but to me the major difference between the them is the approximate 2 year age gap, which is not nothing. Since I don't know how their games or supporting cast age the best  I can do is put them on  the same trajectory. So using that thought process, which I admit has a lot of faults but best I can do, I'm getting two extra years out of Adams vs Julio at a cost of Parker and Hooper.  I'm pretty flat on Hooper but I still lean Parker/Hooper over 2 years of Adams but it's not that far off.

I wouldn't have done that deal, but I think Gordon is getting seriously slept on right now. That offense could be prolific this year and if that comes to pass hes as good a lock for 10+ TDs as anyone.  Id say his outlook for the next two years is that of an RB1 rather easily. 
I 100% agree with everything you are saying but I'd still have done the deal.

You guys give the 1st overall pick to the team that loses in the championship game?  Seems flawed a bit.  I guess I'm new to dynasty but we do reverse order in the loser's bracket (so everyone has something to play for the entire season) so the winner of consolation bracket gets 1.1 and the last place team gets 1.6.  Then 1.7-1.12 goes to the playoff teams in order of finish the the champ gets the worst pick.  Seems more fair to me.
I am 99% sure he meant that the team that earned the 1.01 by being the worst (or had earned it in the toilet bowl like you described) had already traded said pick to the guy in this trade. The dude that took 3rd would have earned the 1.10.

I 100% agree with everything you are saying but I'd still have done the deal.
Looking again, I may have said it backwards.  Meant that I'd prefer the 1.01 to Gordon, Deebo, and 2.06.  Starts getting interesting for me at 1.02 though.  If I'm win now I probably prefer the package to Taylor.  Akers would be interesting as I think he has more rookie year production than JT.

When I said he didn’t earn it, I meant he got the pick through a trade. He gave up his 2019 1.9 for a 2020 1st which turned into 1.1.

Hate the worst team in the league getting the 1.06. Just go by points scored. Least points scored gets the 1.01. 

If you want something to play for have winner of the loser bracket get the 13th pick in the draft or something. 

I  don't think a scenario exists  in this deal were I'd give up Jacobs if I did not think the 2021#1 has a reasonable shot of being one of the top picks . On the flip side I don't think I'm paying a top pick and chance to likely draft two young WR's(strength of 2.4/2.5 in most drafts) for Jacobs if I think my team is so bad it's going to be a high pick after this trade. So if my team is contending or not, where that pick is expected to land are key factors here.

Picking up Drake and Chark for a win now team makes total sense,  plus the way a lot of drafts went that 2.4 over the 3.8 should not be overrated, most drafts that's a healthy difference in tiers. Still I prefer the Akers/Jefferson side in the old vacuum, but makes sense for both sides.

I prefer the Julio side on that last deal but again can see both sides.  I see nothing in Lazard. I do have Adams a little over Julio for this year just a tad but to me the major difference between the them is the approximate 2 year age gap, which is not nothing. Since I don't know how their games or supporting cast age the best  I can do is put them on  the same trajectory. So using that thought process, which I admit has a lot of faults but best I can do, I'm getting two extra years out of Adams vs Julio at a cost of Parker and Hooper.  I'm pretty flat on Hooper but I still lean Parker/Hooper over 2 years of Adams but it's not that far off.
Approximate 4 year age gap between Adams and Julio, which is enormous. 

Gave: 1.10, 3.10

Got: 2021 1st (mid), Mattison

Big dropoff after the top 9 for me (pick was on the clock and the usual top 7 plus Reagor/Jefferson were all gone), and on top of that I'm a big fan of trading late 1sts for future 1sts because the time value doesn't bother me in a sturdy league.

Don't own Cook but Mattison is a nice wildcard.

took over a rebuild with only two pieces (Jackson and Kupp) and somehow finished well enough to get 1.06, etc.

12 team graded PPR (0.5, 1.0, 1.5)

Sent Kupp

Got 1.07. 2.07, Washington (Pit) and Cohen (i have Montgomery)
was able to trade back from the 1.07 so this is the net results:

Sent Kupp, 3.06 and 4.06

Got Ruggs, Higgins, Edwards (plus Washington and Cohen). Plus my 1.06/2.06 netted Lamb and Shenault

Big dropoff after the top 9 for me (pick was on the clock and the usual top 7 plus Reagor/Jefferson were all gone), and on top of that I'm a big fan of trading late 1sts for future 1sts because the time value doesn't bother me in a sturdy league.

If there is no one you are high on I see the thinking...that being said I would like more then a player who needs an injury to be productive to make this deal, especially since you are also giving up the 3.10.

Does that shift your preference to the Adams side? 
Yes.

I don't and have never owned Adams in a dynasty league and rarely in general(why I did not know his age). But saying that I got him currently as top 3 WR for 2020 and a little ahead of Julio. So yes, getting 4 years younger at WR1 and my best guess means 4 extra WR1 years is worth the rest of Parker and Hooper's career to me. ETA-plus the extra two roster spots.

Tend to agree with bolded, some exceptions ,but tend to agree and as such I like the trade. If I was in your shoes I'm probably picking Pittman at 10 but I'd rather take a shot on higher 2021 first if I can.

And agree Dalvin is worth more then 3.10, would think if you want out the Dalvin owner would pay more then that for him.

Something a little different

FPC Startup 250 (BB)

Team A gives (made offer)

Team B Gives (accepts)

Team A realizes quickly that they made mistake giving 10.11 instead of 12.11 and asks B to reverse and B says go pound sand. I know what I think should or shouldn't happen (already has) and im just curious what the consensus is.

Something a little different

FPC Startup 250 (BB)

Team A gives (made offer)

Team B Gives (accepts)

Team A realizes quickly that they made mistake giving 10.11 instead of 12.11 and asks B to reverse and B says go pound sand. I know what I think should or shouldn't happen (already has) and im just curious what the consensus is.
Gotta reverse this.  Obvious mistake and not good for the league to let one team get better for free.  FFPC is pretty good about this so I assume it already has been switched back.

doowain said:
Gave: 1.08

Got: 2.05/2021 1st (team had 1.02 this year)
I had pick 8 in 3 different leagues and tried hard to get this exact kind of deal. Lost track of how many rejections I encountered.  I asked for less then this and people got insulted on me. I ended up just offering the 1.8 straight up for a 2021#1,  but limited myself to non-powerhouse teams,  and still could not get a taker.

So good deal and if I were you I'd feel fortunate to get this done
For those that care, 2.05 turned into Viska who I was targeting when I made the trade. 

ouch. obvious error. needs to be reversed. bad form to say go pound sand. not a guy I'd probably ever deal with, so that's not good for the longevity of that relationship...
@Vandelay

Yes the FPC reversed it as they should and the guy was\is a dink; in the chat insisted he did nothing wrong and just accepted a trade that was offered to him. Ftr, guy has been sending terrible trade offers the whole draft and really is a poster child for how not to establish yourself in a startup. 

I thought this was crazy in a 1 QB league but it is 6 point passing TDs and the team getting Dak had too many picks for his taxi squad so needed to consolidate:

Dak Prescott

for

Matt Ryan

2021 2nd (most likely mid-late)

I thought this was crazy in a 1 QB league but it is 6 point passing TDs and the team getting Dak had too many picks for his taxi squad so needed to consolidate:

Dak Prescott

for

Matt Ryan

# of teams?  Fair offer in my opinion, what other QB, if any, did the team with Dak have.  I am leaning towards Dak side.

Dak Prescott

for

Matt Ryan

I think it is a quality move...If you believe in Dak (and I do) this trade means you don't have to deal with your QB situation (at least as far as a starter is concerned) for a good amount of time...you didn't give up a high pick this year, have time to get that 2021 back and the fact about consolidation is a very big deal, I will always over-pay a little to get one guy when it means not having to cut another guy that I really like.

Users who are viewing this thread