What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (25 Viewers)

I wouldn't say "very little" value - there's a ton of value.  It's a world of difference if you are trading with the defending champ with a stack roster vs. the guy whose roster is in shambles.  There's obviously going to be a degree of accuracy concern when projecting "late" vs. "early" but there's also a ton of variability predicting whether JJSS will break out or dud or if DeVante Parker is toast or not.  Nothing is etched in stone, we all know that (and why his post was so pedantic which he repeatedly does) so you'll miss some, but trades are all about playing the odds.  To not take into account where future picks are likely to land is foolish.
Having a good defense or kicker can help your team win, but these positions still lack value in our game because of the inaccuracy of predicting the results. Defense in particular is a good analogy, having 11 players on it. Trying to count on which ones will not get injured or perform way better or worse than you thought. It's hard enough trying to make expectations for just one guy, when you multiply that to an entire squad you can see how quickly it goes haywire. 

Having a good defense or kicker can help your team win, but these positions still lack value in our game because of the inaccuracy of predicting the results. Defense in particular is a good analogy, having 11 players on it. Trying to count on which ones will not get injured or perform way better or worse than you thought. It's hard enough trying to make expectations for just one guy, when you multiply that to an entire squad you can see how quickly it goes haywire. 
You can pretty easily tell who the stacked teams are, as well as the destitute.  Everything in between has higher variance but if you don't at least TRY to make some educated analysis when it comes to picks you're doing yourself a disservice.  

Furthermore I love making trades with *my* future 1st for *their* future 1st where I am a much better team and I add a small cherry for them, and they are the kind of owner that thinks it is silly and futile to project.

Last year I only pulled one of these. But I was the defending champ and traded my 2020 1st plus Dede Westbrook for his 2020 1st. I repeated as champ so this became 1.12 and Dede for 1.02 as it turned out. 

One example of course, and yes there is plenty of variance when projecting these, but that's what FF is. Projecting and planting flags with incomplete information. 

I sometimes like it, sometimes not. It wasn't great to stock up on 2019 picks. It likely was/is to get 2020 picks.

Last year I traded the 2.1 (guy took Parris Campbell) for a future 1st. Ended up being the 1.1 (only because the guy was a junk owner in other ways). So that worked out.

So team A offers you his 2021 first rounder for 2.12.  His roster:

Mahomes
Barkley, Mixon, Aaron Jones
Cooper, DJ Moore, TY Hilton
Kelce

Then team B offers you his 2021 first rounder for 2.12.  His roster:

Rivers
Guice, Cohen, Burkhead
Watkins, Crowder, Ginn
Vance McDonald

You're telling me you'd flip a coin to determine which one to accept?

Gave: 1.04

Got: Austin Ekeler, Diontae Johnson, Benny Snell, 2.03

Usually don't dish high picks but felt on target to me.

I sometimes like it, sometimes not. It wasn't great to stock up on 2019 picks. It likely was/is to get 2020 picks.

Last year I traded the 2.1 (guy took Parris Campbell) for a future 1st. Ended up being the 1.1 (only because the guy was a junk owner in other ways). So that worked out.
Doesn't that go into one's calculus when they project a team as bad? Rhetorical.

Not a terrible trade but not near enough for CMC IMO.
I have found it pretty surprising how low CMC's value is. I've put him on the block in a couple places even put out a few offers. I've had zero offers sent my way. And complete rejects of my offers with no interest of counter offers. I still think there are a lot of unbelievers out there.

Gave: 1.04

Got: Austin Ekeler, Diontae Johnson, Benny Snell, 2.03

Usually don't dish high picks but felt on target to me.
One year from now, Diontae will be worth MORE than that pick by himself. Getting Ekler and 2.3 is GRAVY, well done. 

12 team ppr superflex

Sent- Teddy, Cooks, '21 2nd, Bisi Johnson, Keesean Johnson

Got- Josh Jacobs

Other owner inquired into teddy or daniel jones, his qb situation was pretty bad. I offered teddy and a '21 1st, this was the counter i received *shrugs*

I sorta viewed it as the equivalent of 3 2nd round picks for Jacobs
I'm guessing guy who gave up Jacobs will be out of the league in 2 years or sooner. Just idiot trade on his part, congrats on getting a stud for pennies on the dollar. 

12 team,  PPR, series of trades, 22 man rosters with 2 man taxi squad

Had 1.5, 1.11, 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5.

Gave 2.5 for Diontae Johnson

Gave 3.5 for Mattison(I have Cook)

Gave 1.5, Garrapallo(my qb3), Jonnu Smith(my TE4-5) for Amari Cooper, 3.8, 3.9

Gave 1.11 for 1.12 and 3.12

Drafted Keshawn Vaughn with 1.12

Traded Keshawn Vaughn and two picks from Cooper deal, the 3.8 and 3.9 for JuJu

Drafted La'Mical Perine at 3.12  to take one of the two taxi spots.

End result is : gave 1.5, 1.11, 2.5, 3.5, Jimmy G and Jonnu for Amari Cooper, JuJu, Diontae, Mattison and Perine.

Team had  Barkley and  Dalvin, some solid QB's and TE's but one of the most  pitiful group of WR's you will so, the group was so bad the top two before the draft were Edelman and Anthony Miller. I split this team with someone and before the draft we discussed using Dalvin or Barkley, if not both, to kind of blow the team up/rebuild because the WR's were so bad and we figured we'd still draft a RB at 5 and some project wait for them to develop WR at 11 and 2.5. This seems way better.

End result is : gave 1.5, 1.11, 2.5, 3.5, Jimmy G and Jonnu for Amari Cooper, JuJu, Diontae, Mattison and Perine.

Team had  Barkley and  Dalvin, some solid QB's and TE's but one of the most  pitiful group of WR's you will so, the group was so bad the top two before the draft were Edelman and Anthony Miller. I split this team with someone and before the draft we discussed using Dalvin or Barkley, if not both, to kind of blow the team up/rebuild because the WR's were so bad and we figured we'd still draft a RB at 5 and some project wait for them to develop WR at 11 and 2.5. This seems way better.
Johnson

Mattison

Cooper

I think you did well with those picks.

Both of these are horrible for the other guy
I thought the Mattison one was fine. I would for sure have leagues I would NOT pay 3.5 for Mattison if I did not own Cook, I mean he's just a handcuff since I think they are going to resign Dalvin. Agree on the JuJu deal for sure.

Vaughn and two 3rds for JuJu?  someone did that?  Kk
Surprised me as well and we kind of dumb luck backed into it.

We'd have taken Pittman at 1.11 but when we got offered 3.12 to move back from 1.11 to 1.12  we felt safe taking it since Pittman had not gone higher then 1.12 in any draft. So we moved back to 12 with every intention of taking Pittman. But in this draft Pittman went at  11 and left us high and dry at  12.  We tried trading the pick, found no takers and we decided to just take Vaughn even though neither of us really believe in him. Our goal after we took Vaughn was to try and get Ronald Jones or hopefully deal Vaughn.  Next day we got the JuJu offer and just instant accepted.

I thought the Mattison one was fine. I would for sure have leagues I would NOT pay 3.5 for Mattison if I did not own Cook, I mean he's just a handcuff since I think they are going to resign Dalvin. 
Where is mattison going in startup drafts?  Where is the 29th rookie going?

The value is way off

16 man IDP .5 PPR

Team A got 1.03, 2.03

Team B got 1.02, 4.16
Not so familiar with IDP, but I'd go with the 1.03 in regular. I think in IDP the difference is less between 2.03 and 4.16. But I also think the difference between JT and Dobbins is negligible.

Hankmoody said:
So team A offers you his 2021 first rounder for 2.12.  His roster:

Mahomes
Barkley, Mixon, Aaron Jones
Cooper, DJ Moore, TY Hilton
Kelce

Then team B offers you his 2021 first rounder for 2.12.  His roster:

Rivers
Guice, Cohen, Burkhead
Watkins, Crowder, Ginn
Vance McDonald

You're telling me you'd flip a coin to determine which one to accept?
In a vacuum and in extreme disparity, predicting picks has a little value. In real life this scenario doesn't happen often. It's worth noting, this trade works whether the pick is early or late. 

16 man IDP .5 PPR

Team A got 1.03, 2.03

Team B got 1.02, 4.16
This guy did well if he doesn't care which of the top 3 guys.  Sure beats the trade in my IDP 16 team PPR league the other day.

That guy moved up from 1.04 to 1.02 and only gave 4.06 to get there.

How is that a bad deal. It’s a projected bad deal. You have no idea who he will pick at 1.02, if he will bust, or if 4.06 is a stud
OK if this is how we're going to answer these things then we may as well just shut down the forum.  Obviously anything we talk about for next year is projected.

Saquon/CMC for Cam Newton.  Not a bad deal!  You have no idea if Saquon will bust and CMC tear his achilles while Cam gets signed by a team and returns to MVP form.

Last edited by a moderator:
menobrown said:

yeah that is fantastic

Please pardon my forgetfulness, but generally, what is a future draft pick worth in regards to a current year draft pick?

i.e. Is a 2021 2nd round pick worth a 2020 1st rounder or a 3rd rounder, all things being equal?

Please pardon my forgetfulness, but generally, what is a future draft pick worth in regards to a current year draft pick?

i.e. Is a 2021 2nd round pick worth a 2020 1st rounder or a 3rd rounder, all things being equal?
My opinion they're worth the same 2020 1st = 2021 1st. I think usually people are paying a premium for the immediate draft pick though.

So, by premium, are you saying for a 2020 2nd rounder people would pay a 2021 1st?
To pull this off it generally needs to be an early 2nd for a projected late 1st with someone that particular owner is very high on still on the board in the early 2nd.

In general though a random 2020 2nd is not worth a random 2021 1st.

Some people will give up the future 1st for that, a select few, and you should always take advantage of that if you can find them.

Traded back from early 2nd to early 3rd and gained Gardner Minshew. Traded back from early 2nd to mid 3rd and gained Kenyan Drake. Then packaged Chubb and Diontae Johnson for Joe Burrow post draft.

Traded back from early 2nd to early 3rd and gained Gardner Minshew. Traded back from early 2nd to mid 3rd and gained Kenyan Drake. Then packaged Chubb and Diontae Johnson for Joe Burrow post draft.
Was that this off-season or last year? Seems like you found someone who is very down on Drake. Congrats. 

So you gave a RB1 and a WR1 for a rookie QB. You can't possibly get the value back you gave up unless Burrow is better than Mahomes. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread