What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (25 Viewers)

Why not?  If someone like Ja'Marr Chase, Rashod Bateman, or Rondell Moore is there for the takiing they very well could.  Perhaps even Jaylen Waddle.  Please don't use the cliche they have greater needs elsewhere, because from the looks of it WR is just as great of a need.  Next year's WR class is another good one.
The Texans don’t have a 2021 first rounder due to the Laremy Tunsil overpay 

ETA: the Tunsil trade also took the Texans 2021 2nd

Last edited by a moderator:
kutta said:
I'm not justifying it. I just don't think it was horrible.

Out of curiosity, would you give up Barkley for that package?
I have Barkley and I doubt I trade him for that but it is much closer.  I don't like the idea of trading arguably the best asset (CMC is the other) for a maybe RB and what will be 2 WRs on running offenses.  I wouldn't argue that one as much but Kamara isn't Barkley.  Especially with the way the Saints like to mix multiple RBs in, Taysom Hill taking touches, and he isn't the goal line back.

FreeBaGeL said:
Barkley
CMC

--------------------------

<empty tier>

--------------------------

Zeke

---------------------------

Cook
Kamara
I would for sure have Cook in same tier Elliot and Kamara a notch below them both.

I'd want more for Kelce. I would have tried to move him a year+ ago or hold him until the wheels fall off. 
Yeah this is awful in regular ppr, much less TE premium. 

If you're rebuilding, wait until the games are being played and his value is highest.  If you're not a rebuilder, why would you sell for this?  Seems like an owner who doesn't understand the dynasty calendar.

For the record, I got Kelce in that trade and the other owner was the one to propose it out of nowhere. They're fresh out of a 5 team dispersal draft, so he is new to the league. I'm guessing he wants one of the WRs that should be available around 1.12? Still seemed pretty light for Kelce. My only big weakness on that team is RB and I wasn't going to get a useful RB at 12, so I accepted without regret. I've also got Kittle already, might try moving Kelce for a RB closer to the season.

Yeesh.

Kelce is a legit league winner in that format.  And it's not like he's 35.
As long as he can be healthy, I don't see why he wouldn't want to keep winning rings with Mahomes for awhile. I don't think 35 is outside the range of likely outcomes. 

ETA - and maybe crush his own HOF trajectory

For the record, I got Kelce in that trade and the other owner was the one to propose it out of nowhere. They're fresh out of a 5 team dispersal draft, so he is new to the league. I'm guessing he wants one of the WRs that should be available around 1.12? Still seemed pretty light for Kelce. My only big weakness on that team is RB and I wasn't going to get a useful RB at 12, so I accepted without regret. I've also got Kittle already, might try moving Kelce for a RB closer to the season.
As long as you can start two TEs, you should just keep the studs and be happy.  I guess your league could be in the small minority but usually nobody moves one the handful of really valuable RBs for a TE.  You'll probably just end up with the  next David Montgomery.

As long as you can start two TEs, you should just keep the studs and be happy.  I guess your league could be in the small minority but usually nobody moves one the handful of really valuable RBs for a TE.  You'll probably just end up with the  next David Montgomery.
Yeah, that's a good point too -- we've got two RB/WR/TE flex spots so I could even  have up to 3 TEs in my best ball lineup (Ebron is my third TE now). I've tried to move Kelce myself in another league and haven't gotten any significant bites at all, so you're right that I'd probably end up with a mid tier RB at best.

Yeah, that's a good point too -- we've got two RB/WR/TE flex spots so I could even  have up to 3 TEs in my best ball lineup (Ebron is my third TE now). I've tried to move Kelce myself in another league and haven't gotten any significant bites at all, so you're right that I'd probably end up with a mid tier RB at best.
Having Kelce and Kittle in that format is like playing chess with two queens.  Just sit back and dominate lol.

12 team PPR.

Gave: 2021 2nd ("projected" late)

Got: 2020 3.03, 3.04, 4.04

I have another second next year that "should" be earlyish, and there are a few guys still on the board this year that I have my eye on.

Wow. Not even close.

Though I don't play IDP and don't know how valuable Simmons is.
No, you're right. Not close at all. Unfortunately I wasn't on the receiving end of that one.

16 teams as well, so that 2nd is more like 2.11. Also he significantly upgraded the team he just got 2021 picks from. Clearly going full slash and burn, but you can do a lot better than that.

Same new owner just did this:

Team A: Christian McCaffrey

Team B: 1.07, 2.07, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd, Jeffrey Simmons DT
I really hate seeing McCaffrey trades no matter what is given because it always beats what we got for him...... :kicksrock:

TEAM A gave up Allen, Josh BUF QB; Trubisky, Mitchell CHI QB; * Hall, Breece FA RB (DEVY player) ; Engram, Evan NYG TE; Year 2021 DEVY pick from TEAM A

TEAM B gave up Goff, Jared LAR QB; Fournette, Leonard JAC RB; Hooper, Austin CLE TE; $525.00 in blind bidding

Having Kelce and Kittle in that format is like playing chess with two queens.  Just sit back and dominate lol.
Agreed. I have Kelce and Andrews in an FFPC League (TE premium) and it never crosses my mind to trade either one since I can play both. I won it all last year with he likes of Perriman and Tannehill at my 2nd WR and QB position (granted they got HOT at the end of the season) but the advantage I have at TE and one of my Flex positions because of Kelce and Andrews can’t be understated. 

Agreed. I'm just doing some quick looking.

I haven't seen anything showing that CEH is only going 2-6 picks later than Kamara. Have you? If so, can you post it?
FWIW,

ive done post nfl draft fpc 250 & 500 dyn BB drafts and kamara was 1.4 & 1.5 respectively ; ceh was 1.12\1.10, jt was 1.7\1.11.

I agree with others who have cmac\barkly in tier 1 and a pretty large tier2.

Kind of a unique league had a deal done

1QB 1RB 1WR 2TE 6flex (including 1superflex) full PPR

Stidham and Marvin Jones

for

Jonnu Smith and 2.04

It's only the 2nd year of the league so teams are relatively balanced overall (except mine of course)
No thoughts?

Also had another done in a different league

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr 10 team league

I traded Diontae Johnson, 4.06 and a 2021 2nd

I got Cooper Kupp

I'm in win now mode and the guy dealing Kupp away is in a major rebuild.  My starting lineup of:

Matt Ryan, Dak

Zeke, Barkley, Miles 

Godwin, Lockett, Evans, JuJu (Kupp would be bye week probably)

OJ Howard, Jared Cook (yes I know this is the major weak spot ha)

My PPR WR got geriatric on me quickly and I'm worried I might have to sacrifice some value for age.

Being offered Cooper Kupp + James Robinson for Julio Jones + Tony Pollard

I don't love the value return, but I'm a tad worried about diminishing Julio returns or value along with the injury/age of my other receivers (Edelman, Jefferey, Cobb). Only other offer I've seen was DL for DL with the WR pieces moving Julio for Jerry Jeudy.

Jayded said:
My PPR WR got geriatric on me quickly and I'm worried I might have to sacrifice some value for age.

Being offered Cooper Kupp + James Robinson for Julio Jones + Tony Pollard

I don't love the value return, but I'm a tad worried about diminishing Julio returns or value along with the injury/age of my other receivers (Edelman, Jefferey, Cobb). Only other offer I've seen was DL for DL with the WR pieces moving Julio for Jerry Jeudy.
I don't get the love for Cooper Kupp, especially when talking about trades involving Julio Jones.  Seems like a huge downgrade at WR to me.

Kind of a unique league had a deal done

1QB 1RB 1WR 2TE 6flex (including 1superflex) full PPR

Stidham and Marvin Jones

for

Jonnu Smith and 2.04

It's only the 2nd year of the league so teams are relatively balanced overall (except mine of course)
Because it is Superflex I will go with Stidham pretty easily...that is not a lot to give up for a starting QB and if Stidham hits that could really be a heist...

This craziness just happened (not involved but my main competition for the top spot is):

Zeke, Alshon Jeffery, David Njoku, 2021 2nd, 2021 4th, and 2021 6th

for

Allen Lazard, Mike Gesicki, 1.1, and 2 2021 1sts (one should be late and one should be relatively early)

I don't get the love for Cooper Kupp, especially when talking about trades involving Julio Jones.  Seems like a huge downgrade at WR to me.
Julio outscored Kupp by about 3 points in one of my PPR leagues.  Why not trade for the younger asset who is likely to put up approximately the same numbers, assuming all the other pieces are more or less equal?

Julio outscored Kupp by about 3 points in one of my PPR leagues.  Why not trade for the younger asset who is likely to put up approximately the same numbers, assuming all the other pieces are more or less equal?
It has nothing to do with points scored last year.  Julio is light years better than Kupp and if I'm going to trade Jones for Kupp, a 1st rd pick at the very least has to be added to the deal.  One of the worst mistakes in FF is base future scoring on past scoring.  There are lots of factors at play, team structure, scheme, coaching,  QB play, injuries, etc..  At the end of the day you look at the talent and usage.

It has nothing to do with points scored last year.  Julio is light years better than Kupp and if I'm going to trade Jones for Kupp, a 1st rd pick at the very least has to be added to the deal.  One of the worst mistakes in FF is base future scoring on past scoring.  There are lots of factors at play, team structure, scheme, coaching,  QB play, injuries, etc..  At the end of the day you look at the talent and usage.
Kupp and Julio are only a few picks apart in startup ADP, and owners of Julio should be planning for him to fall off the (value) cliff sometime very soon.  This is a perfectly reasonable trade if you want to cash out on Julio while you still can.

Kupp and Julio are only a few picks apart in startup ADP, and owners of Julio should be planning for him to fall off the (value) cliff sometime very soon.  This is a perfectly reasonable trade if you want to cash out on Julio while you still can.
Sorry, I suppose we can just disagree.  I'm not in the camp that ever sees Kupp as a WR1 long term.  Julio has a few years as such IMO.

0.5 ppr

Team A gave A Cooper, W Fuller

Team B gave 1.8, 2.7, 3.5
Too cheap for Cooper probably.  My cutoff is 1.7 (CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Jeudy, Lamb, Akers, Swift).  I probably wouldn't do it for Swift either, so my cutoff in this trade is 1.6.

Sorry, I suppose we can just disagree.  I'm not in the camp that ever sees Kupp as a WR1 long term.  Julio has a few years as such IMO.
He's already borderline in terms of trade value.  Value to your team is a different thing, but where I've looked I see his ADP or ranking as WR13, WR13 and WR11.

0.5 ppr

Team A gave A Cooper, W Fuller

Team B gave 1.8, 2.7, 3.5
Would need more for Cooper and I really don't like adding in Fuller as a "throw in"...he has his plenty of warts but he has shown flashes and really has a great opportunity this year, that is a sneaky good piece for the guy getting Cooper and a nice piece to put on your bench for the beginning of the year to see if he can finally put it together.

Just traded away Ertz and D Parker for 1.7/2.9/2.12

12 teamer 1 QB PPR
Give me Ertz and Parker...Ertz is a steady top 5 TE and while I have my questions about Parker he is 27 and coming off a year with 72-1,202-9 and Tua waiting in the wings...not sure what the logic is with this deal...especially when those two second-rounders are picks #21 and #24 overall...you took a very big step backward for 2020 without the potential for a lot of upside for the future.

Give me Ertz and Parker...Ertz is a steady top 5 TE and while I have my questions about Parker he is 27 and coming off a year with 72-1,202-9 and Tua waiting in the wings...not sure what the logic is with this deal...especially when those two second-rounders are picks #21 and #24 overall...you took a very big step backward for 2020 without the potential for a lot of upside for the future.
I feel ya, just felt I needed to rebuild w this draft. I have Ertz in most of my leagues so am well aware how valuable he is, but honestly, keep finishing with 1.6/1.7 maybe 1.8 picks and w him being 30 soon, just didn't feel I have the firepower to get the title before his production starts falling off hard. Always could be a bad move, but trying to acquire picks as best as i can. 

I feel ya, just felt I needed to rebuild w this draft. I have Ertz in most of my leagues so am well aware how valuable he is, but honestly, keep finishing with 1.6/1.7 maybe 1.8 picks and w him being 30 soon, just didn't feel I have the firepower to get the title before his production starts falling off hard. Always could be a bad move, but trying to acquire picks as best as i can. 
If you are rebuilding then I don't think this was a bad deal.  Ertz is aging, they have more weapons there, and Goedert is getting primed to take over.  Also, Parker had 1 good year after 3 terrible ones and Preston Williams will be back.  1.7 still gives you one of the top tier players in the draft and this is deep so you can get good players towards the end of the 2nd.  Decent move for what you were trying to do.

If you are rebuilding then I don't think this was a bad deal.  Ertz is aging, they have more weapons there, and Goedert is getting primed to take over.  Also, Parker had 1 good year after 3 terrible ones and Preston Williams will be back.  1.7 still gives you one of the top tier players in the draft and this is deep so you can get good players towards the end of the 2nd.  Decent move for what you were trying to do.
Yeah, typically I hold players a bit "too long" Ertz/Parker have been on the team their whole career, so yeah I have been patiently waiting for Devante to break out. 

Now have picks 1.6/1.7/2.6/2.9/2.12/3.6/3.9/3.11

16 Team IDP PPR Premium TE Best Ball again:

Team A: Tyreek Hill, James Conner

Team B: AJ Brown, Terry McLaurin, 2.13, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd

-------

Seems a little steep for Tyreek IMO, but I'm fairly high on Brown and McLaurin.

I am not giving up Jones for Kupp.  and as to the scoring of Jones being just 3 points ahead of Kupp, lets tell the whole story... Julio PPG average was 18.27, Kupp was 16.91.  and value wise, Jones is still ahead of Kupp.  Hmmm...  I will take Jones, even in a startup league. 

Doing my first Superflex dynasty startup and did a trade, probably overpaid by a lot on paper but I decided it was worth it personally:

12 team Superflex PPR, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX 1SFLEX

Gave: 2.10, 3.03, 9.03

Got: 1.04 (Saquon Barkley), 10.09

I drafted Mahomes at 1.03 and figured the only way I'd ever be able to get Saquon and Mahomes together on a startup was to overpay now and decided it was worth the price.

made 2 trades in FFPC recently

gave adam thielen, mike williams, and a 5th for allen robinson and ryquell armstead

gave henry ruggs for melvin gordon

Doing my first Superflex dynasty startup and did a trade, probably overpaid by a lot on paper but I decided it was worth it personally:

12 team Superflex PPR, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX 1SFLEX

Gave: 2.10, 3.03, 9.03

Got: 1.04 (Saquon Barkley), 10.09

I drafted Mahomes at 1.03 and figured the only way I'd ever be able to get Saquon and Mahomes together on a startup was to overpay now and decided it was worth the price.
Nice move...I don't think that is a lot to give up for one of the best Dynasty assets out there as well as now having a Mahomes/Barkley foundation...getting that 10.9 is a nice little add on because when you really look at this deal in a general way you only gave up 3.3 for the ability to get Barkley...if I was the other guy I would have balked at giving back the 10.9...question, was Lamar on the board at 1.4 when you picked?

Nice move...I don't think that is a lot to give up for one of the best Dynasty assets out there as well as now having a Mahomes/Barkley foundation...getting that 10.9 is a nice little add on because when you really look at this deal in a general way you only gave up 3.3 for the ability to get Barkley...if I was the other guy I would have balked at giving back the 10.9...question, was Lamar on the board at 1.4 when you picked?
Nah, he went at 1.02. Here's the first round if anyone else is curious (from what I've read, Superflex startup ADPs can be pretty different):

1. McCaffrey
  2. Lamar Jackson
  3. Mahomes
  4. Saquon
  5. Michael Thomas
  6. Elliot
  7. Kamara
  8. Tyreek Hill
  9. Kyler Murray
  10. Dalvin Cook
  11. Chris Godwin
  12. Hopkins

Nah, he went at 1.02. Here's the first round if anyone else is curious (from what I've read, Superflex startup ADPs can be pretty different):

1. McCaffrey
  2. Lamar Jackson
  3. Mahomes
  4. Saquon
  5. Michael Thomas
  6. Elliot
  7. Kamara
  8. Tyreek Hill
  9. Kyler Murray
  10. Dalvin Cook
  11. Chris Godwin
  12. Hopkins
Ok...just curious because having Lamar/Mahomes in a Superflex would be real nasty...IMO you will love Superflex, it's the way to go...QBs now are on equal footing with the other positions so it adds another layer of strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread