• Like 1

16 man IDP .5 PPR

Team A got 1.03, 2.03

Team B got 1.02, 4.16

1 minute ago, Hankmoody said:

16 man IDP .5 PPR

Team A got 1.03, 2.03

Team B got 1.02, 4.16

Not so familiar with IDP, but I'd go with the 1.03 in regular. I think in IDP the difference is less between 2.03 and 4.16. But I also think the difference between JT and Dobbins is negligible.

6 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

So team A offers you his 2021 first rounder for 2.12.  His roster:

Mahomes
Barkley, Mixon, Aaron Jones
Cooper, DJ Moore, TY Hilton
Kelce

Then team B offers you his 2021 first rounder for 2.12.  His roster:

Rivers
Guice, Cohen, Burkhead
Watkins, Crowder, Ginn
Vance McDonald

You're telling me you'd flip a coin to determine which one to accept?

In a vacuum and in extreme disparity, predicting picks has a little value. In real life this scenario doesn't happen often. It's worth noting, this trade works whether the pick is early or late. 

1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

16 man IDP .5 PPR

Team A got 1.03, 2.03

Team B got 1.02, 4.16

This guy did well if he doesn't care which of the top 3 guys.  Sure beats the trade in my IDP 16 team PPR league the other day.

That guy moved up from 1.04 to 1.02 and only gave 4.06 to get there.

• Laughing 1

TE Premium (1.5ppr TEs, 1ppr everyone else)

Gave: Evans, Gurley

Got: Kittle, Marvin Jones

48 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Kittle and pretty easily for me.  Hes so so valuable in this format.

3 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

16 man IDP .5 PPR

Team A got 1.03, 2.03

Team B got 1.02, 4.16

I would take A,  but not off the charts 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dr. BD said:

How is that a bad deal. It’s a projected bad deal. You have no idea who he will pick at 1.02, if he will bust, or if 4.06 is a stud

OK if this is how we're going to answer these things then we may as well just shut down the forum.  Obviously anything we talk about for next year is projected.

Saquon/CMC for Cam Newton.  Not a bad deal!  You have no idea if Saquon will bust and CMC tear his achilles while Cam gets signed by a team and returns to MVP form.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dr. BD said:

It’s a joke..... because he made a stink over someone projecting a draft pick as late...

Oops.   :scared:

3 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Kittle side wins but it's close.  Gurley is going to make or break this deal.

16 hours ago, menobrown said:

12 team,  PPR, series of trades, 22 man rosters with 2 man taxi squad

Had 1.5, 1.11, 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5.

Gave 2.5 for Diontae Johnson

Gave 3.5 for Mattison(I have Cook)

Gave 1.5, Garrapallo(my qb3), Jonnu Smith(my TE4-5) for Amari Cooper, 3.8, 3.9

Gave 1.11 for 1.12 and 3.12

Drafted Keshawn Vaughn with 1.12

Traded Keshawn Vaughn and two picks from Cooper deal, the 3.8 and 3.9 for JuJu

Drafted La'Mical Perine at 3.12  to take one of the two taxi spots.

End result is : gave 1.5, 1.11, 2.5, 3.5, Jimmy G and Jonnu for Amari Cooper, JuJu, Diontae, Mattison and Perine.

Team had  Barkley and  Dalvin, some solid QB's and TE's but one of the most  pitiful group of WR's you will so, the group was so bad the top two before the draft were Edelman and Anthony Miller. I split this team with someone and before the draft we discussed using Dalvin or Barkley, if not both, to kind of blow the team up/rebuild because the WR's were so bad and we figured we'd still draft a RB at 5 and some project wait for them to develop WR at 11 and 2.5. This seems way better.

yeah that is fantastic

Please pardon my forgetfulness, but generally, what is a future draft pick worth in regards to a current year draft pick?

i.e. Is a 2021 2nd round pick worth a 2020 1st rounder or a 3rd rounder, all things being equal?

5 minutes ago, robb said:

Please pardon my forgetfulness, but generally, what is a future draft pick worth in regards to a current year draft pick?

i.e. Is a 2021 2nd round pick worth a 2020 1st rounder or a 3rd rounder, all things being equal?

My opinion they're worth the same 2020 1st = 2021 1st. I think usually people are paying a premium for the immediate draft pick though.

2 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

My opinion they're worth the same 2020 1st = 2021 1st. I think usually people are paying a premium for the immediate draft pick though.

So, by premium, are you saying for a 2020 2nd rounder people would pay a 2021 1st?

1 minute ago, robb said:

So, by premium, are you saying for a 2020 2nd rounder people would pay a 2021 1st?

Yeah something like that.

14 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Kittle......and you know this man! (said in my Chris Tucker voice)

55 minutes ago, robb said:

To pull this off it generally needs to be an early 2nd for a projected late 1st with someone that particular owner is very high on still on the board in the early 2nd.

In general though a random 2020 2nd is not worth a random 2021 1st.

Some people will give up the future 1st for that, a select few, and you should always take advantage of that if you can find them.

Traded back from early 2nd to early 3rd and gained Gardner Minshew. Traded back from early 2nd to mid 3rd and gained Kenyan Drake. Then packaged Chubb and Diontae Johnson for Joe Burrow post draft.

1 hour ago, John Paul said:

Traded back from early 2nd to early 3rd and gained Gardner Minshew. Traded back from early 2nd to mid 3rd and gained Kenyan Drake. Then packaged Chubb and Diontae Johnson for Joe Burrow post draft.

Was that this off-season or last year? Seems like you found someone who is very down on Drake. Congrats. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, John Paul said:

Um, ouch?  I hope this was Bradley Chubb.

Edited by Hankmoody
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

Um, ouch?  I hope this was Bradley Chubb.

Nah, Nick. Not a SF league, but a 6 pt per TD QB league so QBs are vital for long-term success. I needed a QB to build around as Rodgers has been fading the last two years.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, John Paul said:

So you gave a RB1 and a WR1 for a rookie QB. You can't possibly get the value back you gave up unless Burrow is better than Mahomes. 

Edited by Milkman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Diontae wouldn't crack the lineup. WRs are Julio, Evans, A Rob and Kupp. Chubb wasn't easy, but my RBs are Gurley, Mixon, Drake, Mostert pre-draft. Chubb finished RB24 in PPG after Hunt came back. It's a contending roster that finished 2nd in '19 after a championship in '18. QB play was too erratic and I made a decision for a better team moving forward, not just 2020. QBs don't fall in our drafts like usual drafts, it's somewhere between PPR and SF. 

I'm also loaded for bear in 2021 with 3 firsts.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, robb said:

On average, moving back a year is about the same as moving back 3 spots in the draft. So 2.06 next year equals 2.09 this year, or 2.03 in two years. (Although that is just on average, and 2020 2nd rounders are worth more than average because of the depth of this draft class.)

12 team PPR  1qb 2rb 3wr 1TE 1 flex

Gave: Kupp

Got: D. Watson

Still have Beckham, Godwin, AJ Brown, Ridley, M Williams and Reagor at WR

20 hours ago, Dr. BD said:

It’s a joke..... because he made a stink over someone projecting a draft pick as late...

Yep get it well played

52 minutes ago, JohnW1970 said:

Ooof, you got skunked.  Watson has nobody to throw to any more.  If you look a few pages back you'll see I traded Kupp for Wilson (who I have rated higher than Watson) and Evan Engram.

12 team PPR dynasty league 

traded Curtis Samuel for Ron Jones (I drafted Vaughn at 1.11 in the rookie draft and wanted to secure the TB backfield) 

Is that decent value in a vacuum? (I am very deep at WR as I have Godwin, Evans, JuJu, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Crowder, Pittman, Campbell, Sims, Isabella) 

11 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Ooof, you got skunked.  Watson has nobody to throw to any more.  If you look a few pages back you'll see I traded Kupp for Wilson (who I have rated higher than Watson) and Evan Engram.

I disagree. Watson is a winner and a great kid. He will make plays (throwing or running) and will still be an elite QB without Nuk.  Plus, even if the Texans stink this year, and his numbers dip without Nuk, they aren't going to pull a GB and ignore the WR position in next year's draft. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Huh?  What person in their right mind would trade Dehaun Watson for Kupp?  Sorry if I missed something.

Edited by JohnnyU

57 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

traded Curtis Samuel for Ron Jones (I drafted Vaughn at 1.11 in the rookie draft and wanted to secure the TB backfield) 

Is that decent value in a vacuum? (I am very deep at WR as I have Godwin, Evans, JuJu, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Crowder, Pittman, Campbell, Sims, Isabella) 

I am not a big fan of Jones but he has value and I don't understand why anyone would deal him for Samuel.

2 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Huh?  What person in their right mind would trade Dehaun Watson for Kupp?  Sorry if I missed something.

Huh?

Kupp goes 2 rounds ahead of Watson in startups.

2 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

I don't see an issue with this at all.  RoJo could end up being the man in TB and good insurance to the rook Vaughn.  Plus, with Teddy B new there, not throwing down field, and Moore/Anderson, I'm not huge on Samuel's value.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JohnW1970 said:

I'm not a fan of this at all but if you really need a QB then you could have done worse.  Watson still has a ton of upside but I don't really value QBs as much.

15 hours ago, JohnW1970 said:

If this is second half of last year Kupp you did fine, if he's first half of last year Kupp you got smoked. I'm not sure which version of Kupp we see in 2020 but with need to start 3 WR's and a 12 team league needing to start just one QB it does not seem like a great deal and I'd have not done it.  But  I do think if  Cooks, Fuller, Cobb and David Johnson can remain relatively healthy that Watson won't see a drop off despite losing Hopkins.

3 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

In answer to the bolded yes for you, not for the other guy.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, robb said:

Is that a typo when you said a 2021 second is worth a 2020 first and third?  I'm thinking the years are flip flopped

Short version answer I'd give you for value of a future draft pick to a current one is less. Again assuming all things equal as you said.

Immediacy in a vacuum is a value and has it's price.

4 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Kupp has been a top 20 wr for the past two seasons, depending on your scoring top 10.  If you're in a one qb league he's worth more than any non-malhomes or l Jackson qb.

• Like 1

I waffled a lot on this one before accepting so I'd like some thoughts...

50m salary cap (300k minimum per player) 16 team idp ppr

His

J Gordon - 2m two years

J Sternberger - 1m taxi squad eligible

200k cap hit

For

I'm up against it cap wise (only 6m after the trade left going into the season and I still need a third wr and to sign my rookies) so Gordon's hit was a hard pill to swallow.

12 Team PPR, 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 4RB/WR/TE

Team A trades:

Alvin Kamara

Team B trades:

DK Metcalf

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Keenan Allen 

1 minute ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

Team A trades:

Alvin Kamara

Team B trades:

DK Metcalf

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Keenan Allen 

I would categorize this as free Metcalf and Allen.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

Team A trades:

Alvin Kamara

Team B trades:

DK Metcalf

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Keenan Allen 

Well, it looks like that is it for Team B. A moment of silence please. 

1 hour ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

Team A trades:

Alvin Kamara

Team B trades:

DK Metcalf

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Keenan Allen 

Wrong thread

1 hour ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

Team A trades:

Alvin Kamara

Team B trades:

DK Metcalf

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Keenan Allen 

Yikes.

2 hours ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

Team A trades:

Alvin Kamara

Team B trades:

DK Metcalf

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Keenan Allen 

That is a horrible trade.  I think Kamara has more value than CEH easily (I think people are just assuming he is going to be great).  I like him too but Kamara is worth more to me.  Metcalf or Allen are too much but both is robbery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, menobrown said:

I would categorize this as free Metcalf and Allen.

I wouldn't go that far, yet - but it's a ridiculous haul for Kamara. 

• Like 1