What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

10 team

Team A, who's 0-5 (mainly due to bad luck with matchups) gives....

Aaron Rodgers, Brandon Marshall (WR)

Team B, who's a favorite, gives....

Ryan Tannehill, M Asiata, Thomas Rawls, Josh Gordon, Devante Parker, B Perriman, K White, Team A's 2017 2nd round pick (likely #11 or #12), and another weak team's 2018 2nd rounder

I'm guessing he's 0-5 for more reasons than bad luck.
He'd be 3-2 or 2-3 if given most other people's schedules to this point.  I think he's played the high scorer 2 or 3 times so far this year.  He has (had) Rodgers, R Mathews, S Ware, Marshall, Diggs, D Jax, Marvin Jones, and picked up Tyrell Williams early.  Losing Eifert hurt him, though.

Anyway, I guess you're thinking Team B is the big winner?

Team A Gives:

Theo Riddick

Victor Cruz

Team B Gives:

Frank Gore

2017 1st

The pick will likely be mid to late first. 

JWebs85 said:
I'm in a 16 team dynasty league. No negative points and you get bonus points for longer TD's at all positions. QB's usually score quite a bit.(Carr scored 39 this week).  Am I valuing Derek Carr too highly? Pre-draft I offered Carr and Kevin White for the #1 overall pick in the draft and it was declined. This week I offered Carr and Spencer Ware for Ezekiel Elliott(who he took with the #1 pick). Still no dice.

The guy has said he wants Carr, but am I crazy to think that this is fair, especially considering it's a dynasty league and both players are young and really good? 
Wrong thread and forum. This one is for COMPLETED trades. Try the assistant coach forum.

That said, yes, you are crazy to think someone would accept that.

10 team

Team A, who's 0-5 (mainly due to bad luck with matchups) gives....

Aaron Rodgers, Brandon Marshall (WR)

Team B, who's a favorite, gives....

Ryan Tannehill, M Asiata, Thomas Rawls, Josh Gordon, Devante Parker, B Perriman, K White, Team A's 2017 2nd round pick (likely #11 or #12), and another weak team's 2018 2nd rounder
Any other thoughts on this?  The league is a 10 teamer, and start 1 QB, 1 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex and IPD.  Given that it's not a start 2 QB league, decent enough QBs are easy enough to come by (I mean team B here already has Andrew Luck, team A still has Dalton and Palmer).  From there, in a true dynasty, wouldn't you rather have Parker (and maybe still Kevin White, even on IR for the rest of this year) than Marshall if you're out of the playoffs already?  If Rawls comes back healthy (and get his job back, neither of which are givens) I'd think this trade would swing in the complete other direction for me.

Any other thoughts on this?  The league is a 10 teamer, and start 1 QB, 1 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex and IPD.  Given that it's not a start 2 QB league, decent enough QBs are easy enough to come by (I mean team B here already has Andrew Luck, team A still has Dalton and Palmer).  From there, in a true dynasty, wouldn't you rather have Parker (and maybe still Kevin White, even on IR for the rest of this year) than Marshall if you're out of the playoffs already?  If Rawls comes back healthy (and get his job back, neither of which are givens) I'd think this trade would swing in the complete other direction for me.
So you're Team A :P .

I think you got a good return on Rodgers and Marshall - but I probably would have gone in a slightly different direction (trying to get better picks, 1st rounders).

This could work out big for you but there's plenty of risk as well Gordon (obvious), Perriman (hasn't shown anything), White (two seasons in a row where lower leg injuries end the season - those add up see. Nicks), Rawls (will he get his job back?), Parker (inconsistent so far and I was never personally high on him)

In a 10 teamer, getting a pile of things for a couple relevant players is almost never a good idea.  With that said, I don't hate it because at least team A targeted high upside wild cards that could realistically become relevant.  You can tell a pretty easy story that has any 2 of those guys more valuable than Rodgers pretty soon. 

So you're Team A :P .

I think you got a good return on Rodgers and Marshall - but I probably would have gone in a slightly different direction (trying to get better picks, 1st rounders).

This could work out big for you but there's plenty of risk as well Gordon (obvious), Perriman (hasn't shown anything), White (two seasons in a row where lower leg injuries end the season - those add up see. Nicks), Rawls (will he get his job back?), Parker (inconsistent so far and I was never personally high on him)
Nope, B.  The league had some minor issues with it.  I said that I'm really not getting much of an upgrade anywhere.  Like I said, I have Luck already - and we only start 1 QB each week.  Now I won't have to worry about the QB position....well, ever.  Brandon Marshall, while a decent enough WR, will be joining Cooks, Cobb, and next year a hopefully healthy Keenan Allen and Sammy Watkins.  So all I did was buy a decent WR for the rest of this year, and not having to worry about QB for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, B.  The league had some minor issues with it.  I said that I'm really not getting much of an upgrade anywhere.  Like I said, I have Luck already - and we only start 1 QB each week.  Now I won't have to worry about the QB position....well, ever.  Brandon Marshall, while a decent enough WR, will be joining Cooks, Cobb, and next year a hopefully healthy Keenan Allen and Sammy Watkins.  So all I did was buy a decent WR for the rest of this year, and not having to worry about QB for the foreseeable future.
Marshall is surely better than "decent". If I was in this league I wouldn't get all up in arms (it's semi-fair value-wise) - but like I said before, I don't love it for Team B and would have tried for a better package.

Marshall is surely better than "decent". If I was in this league I wouldn't get all up in arms (it's semi-fair value-wise) - but like I said before, I don't love it for Team B and would have tried for a better package.
I meant "decent" in terms of dynasty value.  He's got 1-2 more years of decent production most likely.  He's 32,  and before this move the other WRs on my roster were 26, 23, 26, 25, 23, 23, 23, 24, 23, and 24 (though with one in rehab, and 3 currently on IR - Allen, Watkins, and White). 

Oh well, certainly got the league talking, and that's half the fun of this!

Brees to Tannehill is a pretty big downgrade, and Brees still has a few years left (Tannehill may not).  Who's your starting QB now?
By the time this team is competitive, Brees will be done. Really hard to rebuild in this league. very few trades, and lots of keepers year to year.

using T Taylor and A Smith for now. nothing on waivers.

You the big winner in this in my opinion.

Rodgers and Marshall for a whole bunch of crap that might not smell so bad next year.

I've always coveted Hyde. Managed to get him yesterday for Ingram, Ware and Duke Johnson. In terms of straight value, I arguably overpaid, but you need to do that to get something that at least I consider a blue chip guy  Ingram has been frustrating to own as he's just underutilized; Ware feels like JAG to me; Duke similarly doesn't seem to be doing anything.  My other starting RBs (start 2) are David Johnson and Jordan Howard, and I also have Derrick Henry.  With these guys I feel stacked at the position with young talent.

10 team keep 13 roster 18 league standard scoring 

12 team ppr dynasty

Traded melvin gordon, mid 2017 second, late 2018 first for Sammy Watkins and Josh Doctson.

My team is 5-0.  I see Gordon being more rb2 ros and have a host of rb 2 types (hill, bernard, mckinnon, maybe henry).  Plus, it is a start one rb league (can flex one) and I have zeke (and ap next year along with four 2017 firsts).  But plan on going three wide health permitting with dez, obj, evans joining zeke come playoff crunch.   That is my rationalization anyway.  Your thoughts?

12 team ppr dynasty

Traded melvin gordon, mid 2017 second, late 2018 first for Sammy Watkins and Josh Doctson.

My team is 5-0.  I see Gordon being more rb2 ros and have a host of rb 2 types (hill, bernard, mckinnon, maybe henry).  Plus, it is a start one rb league (can flex one) and I have zeke (and ap next year along with four 2017 firsts).  But plan on going three wide health permitting with dez, obj, evans joining zeke come playoff crunch.   That is my rationalization anyway.  Your thoughts?
Nice deal, i agree that Gordon will settle in as a rb2 once the td's regress.  

12 team Dynasty PPR TE bonus

Team A gets Jimmy Graham, Tajae Sharpe, late 17 2nd

Team B gets Stefan Diggs, Clive Walford, 17 late 1st

12 team Dynasty

Team A rebuilding gets Keenan Allen, late 17 2nd

Team B gets Derrick Henry, Willie Snead

12 team Dynasty PPR TE bonus

Team A gets Jimmy Graham, Tajae Sharpe, late 17 2nd

Team B gets Stefan Diggs, Clive Walford, 17 late 1st

12 team Dynasty

Team A rebuilding gets Keenan Allen, late 17 2nd

Team B gets Derrick Henry, Willie Snead
Diggs/1st  by a lot even in the premium for tight end

Same for Allen

Spookytooth said:
12 team ppr dynasty

I prefer what you gave by a good chunk and wish I could get anything like that return for Watkins in my league I'm competing in.  I see nothing that indicates Gordon regressing unless the fumbles continue.  As a 5-0 team, I'm taking that chance and riding that out, that's a motley crew you just cited as your alternatives.  You have a great core with EZE, OBJ, and Evans, but exposed yourself unnecessarily to a huge risk of a dropoff.  I was never high on Doctson and if I somehow had him I'd be happy to get a 2017 2nd and 2018 1st for him. 

12 team PPR league with a QB flex position

Gave: Brandon Marshall and a 4th round pick

Received: Jimmy Garoppolo and a 1st round pick

He just lost Decker for the year and I'm already looking toward next year thanks to some bad matchup luck (my 1 win on the season came on the week I had my lowest score). My QBs are Brees, Cutler, and Osweiler so I felt I needed to roll the dice on Garoppolo getting the chance to start next year. My other WRs are Beckham, Jeffrey, John Brown, Crowder, and Beasley, so I don't think I took too much of a hit there either.

12 team PPR league with a QB flex position

Gave: Brandon Marshall and a 4th round pick

Received: Jimmy Garoppolo and a 1st round pick

He just lost Decker for the year and I'm already looking toward next year thanks to some bad matchup luck (my 1 win on the season came on the week I had my lowest score). My QBs are Brees, Cutler, and Osweiler so I felt I needed to roll the dice on Garoppolo getting the chance to start next year. My other WRs are Beckham, Jeffrey, John Brown, Crowder, and Beasley, so I don't think I took too much of a hit there either.
That's a poor gamble.  He's in year 3 right now of a 4 year deal, I don't see NEP trading a very cheap backup QB they have a ton of confidence in.

Otis said:
I've always coveted Hyde. Managed to get him yesterday for Ingram, Ware and Duke Johnson. In terms of straight value, I arguably overpaid, but you need to do that to get something that at least I consider a blue chip guy  Ingram has been frustrating to own as he's just underutilized; Ware feels like JAG to me; Duke similarly doesn't seem to be doing anything.  My other starting RBs (start 2) are David Johnson and Jordan Howard, and I also have Derrick Henry.  With these guys I feel stacked at the position with young talent.

10 team keep 13 roster 18 league standard scoring 
Might have been a small overpay, but sometimes you have to.  Giving up quantity for quality is the way to go in a 10 team league where you need every advantage you can get.  

You gave up a 15ppg guy and two 10ppg guys for a 20ppg guy to pair with your other 20ppg guy.  Smart move

Team A gave (rebuilding):

Jordan Matthews

Team B gave:

2017 1st (top 4)

Seth Roberts

seperate deal but team A is the same. 

Team A gave (rebuilding):

Lamar Miller

2017 4th

Team B gave:

2017 1st (1.7-1.10 likely)

Kenyan Drake

12 team non PPR

A - gives Fitz and a likely late 2nd

B - gives a likely late first

Both teams are contenders.  A had plenty of depth and youth at WR

Dynasty PPR can start 1-5 RB or 1-5 WR

T1 gave Will Fuller 

T2 gave Mark Ingram and a 2018 1st rd rookie (this team won league last year and is very strong)

12 team IDP $325 cap dynasty.  QRWWTF

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team A gets: Lacy, Crabtree

Team B gets: Hopkins

Team C gets: A.Smith QB, 2017 1st (likely pick 7-12)

Team D gets: K.Cousins QB

Team E gets: D.Baldwin, 2017 3rd, 2017 4th

Team D gets: 2017 1st (likely 5-12)

Team D gets: J.Crowder

Team H gets: T.Siemian

Team F gets: J.Hill RB

Team G gets: S.Watkins WR

16 team ppr, start qrwwtffkd

Team A gave up: Booker, Devontae DEN RB;Matthews, Jordan PHI WR;Sharpe, Tajae TEN WR; Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A

Team B  gave up Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB;Williams, DeAngelo PIT RB; Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team B

Team A is competing.  Team B is easily in the running for the 1.01.

16 team ppr, start qrwwtffkd

Team A gave up: Booker, Devontae DEN RB;Matthews, Jordan PHI WR;Sharpe, Tajae TEN WR; Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A

Team B  gave up Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB;Williams, DeAngelo PIT RB; Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team B

Team A is competing.  Team B is easily in the running for the 1.01.
No wonder why Team B is in the running for 1.01...gave up the best player by FAR

Users who are viewing this thread