What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Playoff Leagues (1 Viewer)

ffrookie

Footballguy
This thread is for compiling information on the various fantasy playoff leagues available to players and payout rates. Feel free to add any that may be missing so we can have a comprehensive list for those of us who would like another few weeks to play. Also, let me know if I might have missed anything (these are all just estimates and are based on all teams filling and honoring all payouts). Sponsors in alphabetical order.

CBS Sports: They had a playoff challenge last year but don't see 2016 information up as of yet.

FFPC: $100K top prize, 350 teams paid something (set and forget, one player max per NFL team (10 team roster so must draft a player from 10 of the 12 playoff teams)

$200 playoff challenge, max 2,500 teams - 85% payout (if use free entries into other contests), 82% payout (if use cash option amounts for the prizes with entries into 2016 leagues)

Masters Fantasy Football Leagues:

6 Team Playoff Leagues (14 man roster, draft at start) email version:

Tin - $39.95 (77% payout)

Copper - $65.95 (69% payout)

Bronze - $117.95 (78% payout)

Silver - $276.95 (83% payout)

Gold - $544.95 (84% payout)

Weekly Playoff Challenge for all weeks (combined score). Pick 6 players but can switch every week (pick any QB, RB, WR, TE, K and D)

Copper - $65.95 (83% payout), 64 teams with top 7 winning $500

Silver - $276.95 (83% payout), 16 teams with top winning 2,600 and second $1,100

NFFC:

$150 hold'em postseason contest: $70,000 top prize. Pays top 25. Interesting rules w/ multipliers for weeks that a player is held. Prizes are based on 1,000 teams but haven't confirmed if this is cap and if pool is guaranteed if less than 1K sign up (if someone knows for sure please post). Assuming 1,000 teams payout percentage is 80%.

Real Time Fantasy Sports:

Playoff Challenge- 10 team leagues w no draft. Select players each week.

$19.95 league- 75% payout (1st - 100 , 2nd - 50)

$49.95 league- 85% payout (1st - 300, 2nd- 125)

$99.95 league- 90% payout (1st - 600, 2nd -300)

Fantasy Championship Postseason Shootout- 125 for single entry or 350 for three entries. Max of 2,500 entries.10 player roster set at beginning, no changes to roster once playoffs begin (max 2 players per NFL team). $50K top prize. Pay 200 spots. Teams placed in a 20 team group where if you win the group you also get 125 in credits for future tourneys.

Assuming all are single entries at 125 each then total max collected dollars = 312,500 w/ 176,500 in grand prizes + 15,625 in VIP for 62%. Naturally, many entries will be three-pack entries so percentage should be higher and if they don't reach cap then payout percentage would increase.

Scout:

Playoff Draft World Championship - $199 entry (6 team leagues w $500 league prize + grand prize of $20K) draft against other players, takes optimal lineup each week. I couldn't locate a cap on the # of players so I'm unsure of the prize payout. On the website, Scout says that they had 234 teams last year for a 98% payout. The greater the # of players of course, the lower the percentage payout and vice versa. If anyone knows of the cap I can enter it in.

Scout also runs a Maui Madness contest (1 entry for 20 and 5 for 100) where the top prize is a trip for 4 to Maui.

I would note that some sites offer free challenges such as NFL.com, MFL and others.

Absolutely, Ill keep looking around for others. Seems to be a nice variation depending on how much work one wants to put into the leagues

OK, it is that time of year again when we are all looking to satisfy our fantasy Football Fix. Once again I have set up a league thru playoffblitz.com that will take us from Wild Card Weekend right to the Super Bowl. It is a really fun and innovative league with NO DRAFT. Just set your lineup before the start of that weekends game and sit back and watch. Once you have used a player, that player is NO LONGER available to be used. You can take a look at all the rules and scoring system at Playoffblitz.com.

• Each NFL player can be started ONE, and only ONE time. (As soon as you use him...you lose him)
  • Points are awarded to each player based on a standard league scoring format.
  • League members accumulate points each week during the playoffs.
  • The league member with the most cumulative points after the Super Bowl wins his/her league.
Starters

Each owner will be able to start the following number of players at each position, each week of the playoffs:

• 1 Quarterback
  • 2 Running Backs
  • 2 Wide Receivers
  • 1 Tight End
  • 1 Kicker
  • 1 Defense/Special Teams
Player pool

• All players on the active rosters published by all teams in the NFL during the first week of the playoffs. Players will not be added to the rosters after the first week.
  • The player list will be locked based on the active rosters of the teams participating in the playoffs at the start of the first week.
Lineup Deadline

All lineups must be submitted prior to the start of the first game of each week.

Entry fee is the same as years past...$100. The entry fee MUST be paid before the kickoff of the first Wild Card game on Saturday afternoon. Anyone who has joined the league that has not paid will be removed and prize money will be adjusted. As previous winners will attest, payment is made to the winners the day after the Super Bowl via PayPal or check. Payment can be made via PayPal using the pay "friends or family" option. You can contact me at geo0171@aol.com If interested, let me know and I will message you invite and payment info. Last year we were able to get a little over 30 participants. Would love to get to 50 or more this year.

Geo

Thought I would rekindle this thread since we are approaching the playoffs. Ill probably try an entry in the FFPC league. I'm a little afraid of trying scout's contest as I just got some type of bankruptcy filing notice today in the mail from them so I'd rather not take the risk. Anyone else see any interesting contests this year?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread