What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (4 Viewers)

The rest of the Wire tour is canceled. So glad I went to Atlanta last weekend to see them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a handful so far this year, but still have tickets to...

Brantley Gilbert
Michael Buble
Maroon 5
Billie Eilish
Luke Bryan

Expecting full refunds. Bummer.

Mrs. Eephus saw Clan of Xymox last weekend
Last show is tonight in Houston I think. My show hasn’t been officially cancelled in Orlando, but the band posted they’re done due to all the craziness. I saw Wire just last Saturday night in Atlanta.

KFMA days announced the rest of their acts.

GodSmack- I really like their music, this is why I bought the tickets

Bad Wolves- I know the cover of Zombie but thats it, I think?

Rival Sons- I have no idea who this is

Saint Asonia- I have no idea who this is

Reading comments on social media and it is all over the place. Some folks super excited and others meh and saying this is a bad lineup. I got a deal on the VIP tickets ( actually they ended up being free) I am excited for it. I like seeing new stuff, I got the good tickets and worse case scenario I have great seats for GodSmack.
This show was just cancelled. This is the last of the shows I had tickets to that has been cancelled. I think Pearl Jam hurts the most.

Before the Covid craziness began, I saw Goose open up for PPPP.  These guys are legit.  They've been dominating the Youtubes with multi camera full/partial shows/sets.  Really getting themselves out there and the "jam band" scene is taking notice.  While it wasn't ultimately my decision, we did leave PPPP before they ended, that band needs some keys.

Disappointed the Stones postponed, but understand.  Taking my dad to that one.  Hopefully they reschedule.

I won't even get into the mess that my July Euro/Africa trip has become, but we were lined up to see Pearl Jam in Paris.  

If you're locked up in your home and looking for a little something different, I highly recommend throwing this one on.  Watched it live the other night....Holly is supremely talented pianist.  Mostly Grateful Dead/Phish tunes, but even if you're not into them you probably wouldn't even know (she does not sing, no lyrics).  She even threw in a debut of a Radiohead tune that made people go bonkers.  

Set: The Horse > Silent In The Morning, The Wheel > A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing > Weather Report Suite (Prelude & Part 1) > Let It Grow > Wingsuit, About To Run > The Wheel > Let It Grow, Idioteque# > Stella Blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp_gbeGtLd0

Enjoy!

Just notified Roger Waters concert for August is postponed.

August.  
I just got that email too. I was hopeful that would be safe, but I'd imagine the logistics of bringing over a show of that size from England to start a US tour in July was just too difficult to pull off. I also have to wonder if slow ticket sales played a part. They weren't selling that great. Of course most of the unsold were in the $250-$450 range, but like the last tour, I think he and/or the promoters were kind of pricing themselves out of the market. These shows sold far in advance seem to bank on "flex pricing" model to sell super expensive tickets early and then discount them closer to show time. That kind of model sucks for a situation like this. Most of his shows seemed wide open with tons of tix available.

Some takes from Arroyoseco weekend 

3) Fantastic Negrito was the find of the festival. I’ll see this dude anywhere. Saw he’s playing at Antoine’s in San Antonio soon. I’d kill to see him at that venue. Phenomenal performer. 
Just stumbled across this guy today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KhU75RkbYQ

It's as if Prince was born with a twin, who fell into the far-north Mississippi river, and washed upon the shores of New Orleans.

ETA: If I ever end up in prison, I want a couple of months of solitary to wrestle with the grammar of "It's as if Prince was born with a twin, who fell into the far-north Mississippi river, and washed upon the shores of New Orleans"  I'm atrocious.

Just stumbled across this guy today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KhU75RkbYQ

It's as if Prince was born with a twin, who fell into the far-north Mississippi river, and washed upon the shores of New Orleans.

ETA: If I ever end up in prison, I want a couple of months of solitary to wrestle with the grammar of "It's as if Prince was born with a twin, who fell into the far-north Mississippi river, and washed upon the shores of New Orleans"  I'm atrocious.
I enjoyed it and I would go see a show but I am not sure where you see Prince? He hit a few notes that may have been Prince like but I am not seeing Prince.

Howard Jones tour cancelled (US)
I was lucky enough to see Howard Jones in St. Paul on March 4th - shortly before things started shutting down. Was an awesome show. His voice is unbelievable for his age - few singers have the vocal strength that he does after so many years (Colin Hay is another that surprises with his vocal strength).  Nicky Beggs on the Chapman Stick (weird bass) was awesome - he's the real deal. This was the second time I had seen Mr. Jones - the first was at Epcot in the band shell during the Food and Wine Festival. That was a standard "play the hits" show and was fun - but this was more intimate and really showed off just how talented he is. Awesome.

Kids dance party at 11AM CST with Koo Koo Kanga Roo

https://youtu.be/sHhCQQMDyPg
I know JB knows all this, but most probably don't. Koo Koo is awesome.

I watched both weeks of their garage dance party - they did one a couple weeks ago as well. They aren't just for kids though. They have a pretty big following with college kids and I watched them at damn near 50 years old with my teenagers nowhere near me. They are hilarious.

The very first time I saw Koo Koo was actually after a Colin Hay show at the Cedar Cultural Center. We walked across the street to get a drink at the Nomad World Pub (where at the time you could get a beer a bump and a smoke for $5). There was a $10 cover because something called Koo Koo Kangaroo was "playing". We balked and asked if we could just come in for one drink - the bouncer surprisingly agreed. We had no idea what we were walking into. There were balloons, a bed sheet with their name spray-painted on it and they were using a parachute just like old people like me used to use in gym class. The college kids were LOVING it and we were blown away by how fun it was. We slowly nursed our drink to enjoy as much as we could before walking away shell-shocked.

For years after. my wife and I took our young kids to see Koo Koo around town. My kids believe that Koo Koo is just a kids dance party - but their following goes way beyond kids. Koo Koo has a similar feel to the TV show "The Aquabats". 

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/11/26/they-can-hit-all-kinds-of-generations-meet-the-minnesota-duo-koo-koo-kanga-roo/

https://www.csindy.com/coloradosprings/koo-koo-kanga-roo-on-kids-music-dumpster-diving-and-hugging-haters/Content?oid=21038276

Eagles concert was moved from April 2020 to October 2021. Year and a half. This sucks. Kenny Chesney is technically first up at the new Rams stadium in August 1 after Taylor Swift cancelled but no way that’s happening. Kenny Wayne Shepherd moved to October. Matchbox 20 and Wallflowers (reason I’m going) likely to get pushed too. Had many more I was going to but hadn’t bought tickets yet. On one hand I’m saving stupid amounts in discretionary spending but this is terrible. I love for outdoor concerts in So Cal during the summer. Greek, Hollywood Bowl, Santa Barbara Bowl etc. Nothing better. Now with the latest distancing recommendations it’s all going to be off. Feel bad for the artists. Feel worse for me. 

New Order and Pet Shop Boys tour moved to Fall of 2021. I’m just glad it wasn’t cancelled outright. Journey with the Pretenders (reason I am going) was cancelled in August so I’m pretty sure if I see any shows this year, it will be in October or later (or not at all). Waiting for Hall and Oates with Squeeze to be cancelled as well as the Psychedelic Furs which was rescheduled to August. 

Eagles concert was moved from April 2020 to October 2021. Year and a half. This sucks. Kenny Chesney is technically first up at the new Rams stadium in August 1 after Taylor Swift cancelled but no way that’s happening. Kenny Wayne Shepherd moved to October. Matchbox 20 and Wallflowers (reason I’m going) likely to get pushed too. Had many more I was going to but hadn’t bought tickets yet. On one hand I’m saving stupid amounts in discretionary spending but this is terrible. I love for outdoor concerts in So Cal during the summer. Greek, Hollywood Bowl, Santa Barbara Bowl etc. Nothing better. Now with the latest distancing recommendations it’s all going to be off. Feel bad for the artists. Feel worse for me. 
Rage did the same thing here in St Louis ... went from May 2020 to July 2021

New Order and Pet Shop Boys tour moved to Fall of 2021. I’m just glad it wasn’t cancelled outright. Journey with the Pretenders (reason I am going) was cancelled in August so I’m pretty sure if I see any shows this year, it will be in October or later (or not at all). Waiting for Hall and Oates with Squeeze to be cancelled as well as the Psychedelic Futs which was rescheduled to August. 
I had tickets to see this September 21 at the Gorge, which is up there with Red Rocks as one of the best outdoor venues anywhere.   I hope it actually gets rescheduled, but I'm skeptical.  I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a bunch of credits.

I had tickets to see this September 21 at the Gorge, which is up there with Red Rocks as one of the best outdoor venues anywhere.   I hope it actually gets rescheduled, but I'm skeptical.  I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a bunch of credits.
Should be rescheduled per both bands and Ticketmaster 

Should be rescheduled per both bands and Ticketmaster 
That's pretty much what every band says, because if they cancel instead of postpone they have to issue refunds.  

So far, I'm waiting on rescheduled dates for Pearl Jam, Wilco, Taylor Swift, Lollapalooza, Pet Shop Boys/New Order, and the touring Broadway show of Book of Mormon.  I'm forgetting one or two more.   There's no way they all reschedule.   

That's pretty much what every band says, because if they cancel instead of postpone they have to issue refunds.  

So far, I'm waiting on rescheduled dates for Pearl Jam, Wilco, Taylor Swift, Lollapalooza, Pet Shop Boys/New Order, and the touring Broadway show of Book of Mormon.  I'm forgetting one or two more.   There's no way they all reschedule.   
I was supposed to see Colin Hay May 1st and he rescheduled a while ago for a show on April 30th, 2021. I’m optimistic, but I hear ya. 

The two Red Rocks shows we had tickets for both got postponed exactly one year, so they are still back-to-back next June.

Also keeping my Phish tickets for postponed to 2021, although they gave the option for a refund.

Still have tickets to a couple July shows that haven't made an announcement yet.

New Order and Pet Shop Boys tour moved to Fall of 2021. I’m just glad it wasn’t cancelled outright. Journey with the Pretenders (reason I am going) was cancelled in August so I’m pretty sure if I see any shows this year, it will be in October or later (or not at all). Waiting for Hall and Oates with Squeeze to be cancelled as well as the Psychedelic Furs which was rescheduled to August. 
Was planning to go see Journey and the Pretenders in July.  Haven't heard any news, but no sense buying tickets now.

Have tickets to Jake Owen and Lady Antebellum, already postponed until September, but they are only allowing refunds until June 1.  Not sure how I feel about that.

Have tickets to Tim McGraw and Luke Coombs in September.  No word on that.

I’m officially down to 4 concerts not cancelled this year. I expect two of them in August to be cancelled for sure, but maybe the 2 others in October will be spared. Hoping Brian Setzer does his Christmas Rocks tour this year since he had to cancel last year. 

Any of you guys tapping out even if your shows are on later this year?

Not sure what to expect of shows late rin the year that take place.

Tix are pennies on the dollar as people bail or tickets are a hot commodity as people are ready to get out and live it up. 

Had tickets to a few shows that have all been postponed, I opted for a refund on all of them.  I'll rebuy a year from now if I still want to go.  Biggest bummer was I planned a whole trip to Chicago around the Pitchfork Music Festival in July, and I ended up canceling the whole trip.  Hopefully the world's in a much better place in 2021.  

Any of you guys tapping out even if your shows are on later this year?
I'm out for the foreseeable future.  Most of the shows I go to are standing room in clubs where there's no viable method of social distancing.  I don't see those returning until there's a vaccine, at least not in SF.  It sucks but a lot of other people have lost a lot more.

Kenny Chesney tour officially postponed today.  I’m going to go back slowly. Small venues spread out with limited attendees. Though don’t know if I can go to a concert with a mask on

If anyone’s interested, Peter Hook and the Light’s 2015 So This is Permanent show is streaming on YT. I think it will be available all day to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Ian Curtis’ death. Link

Users who are viewing this thread