Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Judge Smails

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music memories, it was a good run

Motley Crue/Def Leppard/Poison/Joan Jett Stadium Tour is finally starting to cancel some dates.

July 2nd in Cincinnati and August 28 in Chicago have been cancelled. 

Had tickets for Miami concert on July 7th but will get a refund when cancelled. Besides, it will be hot as balls in Miami in July. 

I'm a little disappointed because I don't go to many concerts and this is one my wife and I were looking forward to going to see together. Also would have been the first concert for my 15-year old (although he would much prefer to go so  Trippy Red or Rolling Loud...)

I listen to Steve Earle's show he has called Hard Core Troubadour. He has said more than once that no one will be touring this summer. He say's don't let anyone fool you, there will be no live music this summer. I am not sure if he truly knows but he is in the business more than me. :shrug:

I have heard him say this on multiple shows.

Jason Isbell is rescheduling - in my case, from next week to a show at the same venue in April.  Happy to see Strand of Oak rescheduled with him and will still be opening the show.

I am sitting on tickets for 5 or 6 other shows, and this is the first one to reschedule, so I guess that's good news.  I miss live music tremendously. First world problems I suppose, but I did not fully realize how important it is to me to get out to a show a couple times a month.  Its not so much the music, although that is a big part of it, but I really miss my gang of show-going buddies and the good times we always have going to shows together.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Jason Isbell is rescheduling - in my case, from next week to a show at the same venue in April.  Happy to see Strand of Oak rescheduled with him and will still be opening the show.

I am sitting on tickets for 5 or 6 other shows, and this is the first one to reschedule, so I guess that's good news.  I miss live music tremendously. First world problems I suppose, but I did not fully realize how important it is to me to get out to a show a couple times a month.  Its not so much the music, although that is a big part of it, but I really miss my gang of show-going buddies and the good times we always have going to shows together.

The Billy Bragg tour we talked about before shutdown has been pushed back to 2021 sans the Milwaukee dates.

I'm a big Strand of Oaks fan.  Tim is such a sweet guy.

47 minutes ago, Eephus said:

The Billy Bragg tour we talked about before shutdown has been pushed back to 2021 sans the Milwaukee dates.

I'm a big Strand of Oaks fan.  Tim is such a sweet guy.

Damn - Maybe he was just coming here due to the DNC going on at the same time.  That sucks, was looking forward to seeing him again.

This whole thing sucks.

Anyone start getting refunds?

I think most of my shows have been postponed. Tool just canceled their tour so fans can get money back. Will wait to see when that happens 

2 hours ago, comfortably numb said:

I think most of my shows have been postponed. Tool just canceled their tour so fans can get money back. Will wait to see when that happens 

I’ve gotten refunds for 3 shows. One was almost immediate and the other two took one month and 3 months. Waiting for another summer show to get cancelled, but hasn’t happened yet. 

Got refunds to the shows that weren't postponed but outright canceled.

For many of the shows that were postponed there was an option to get a refund, I just kept the tickets for next year.

18 hours ago, comfortably numb said:

Was offered refund when Rage rescheduled for next summer.  I opted to hold on to the tickets.

• Like 1

Last Saturday, Big Head Todd did a concert from Red Rocks with no audience. It was pretty cool.

Tonight would have been the Black Crowes concert here in Austin. 😢

• Like 1

I’d pay for quality live shows done remotely. Do polls for section for song requests, etc. Make it interactive but flow. I’d equate to what I’d pay for  PPV. Fight, UFC etc. Stones do a show I’d pay more than a lesser act.  Fly acts into Red Rocks or other great venues. Sell it worldwide. 

New Order/Pet Shop Boys at the Gorge Amphitheater rescheduled from September 21 to October 21...2021.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Willie Nelson rescheduled to next April.

Getting worried about him.

48 minutes ago, -fish- said:

New Order/Pet Shop Boys at the Gorge Amphitheater rescheduled from September 21 to October 21...2021.   

See? Great news!

5 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

I’d pay for quality live shows done remotely. Do polls for section for song requests, etc. Make it interactive but flow. I’d equate to what I’d pay for  PPV. Fight, UFC etc. Stones do a show I’d pay more than a lesser act.  Fly acts into Red Rocks or other great venues. Sell it worldwide. 

I would be in on this.

2 hours ago, whoknew said:

Getting worried about him.

He’ll probably outlive all of us. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 11:47 AM, whoknew said:

Last Saturday, Big Head Todd did a concert from Red Rocks with no audience. It was pretty cool.

One of my favorites. 

• Like 1

Sixthman, a company that specializes in producing music festivals at sea, The Rock Boat, Kiss Cruise, Cayamo et.al, have been hosting a variety of concerts over the past couple of months with a variety of artists and musicians from their homes in their Mi Casa Su Casa series. They have had over 90 individual concerts since March 17th, 2020.

https://www.sixthmansessions.com/

Some upcoming in their Mi Casa Su Casa series:

Thursday June 18, 2020 @ 6p ET
SAMMY BRUE

Monday June 22, 2020 @ 2pm ET
HANNAH WICKLUND

Monday June 22, 2020 @ 5pm ET
BRIAN WRIGHT

Tuesday June 23, 2020 @ 6pm ET
CAROLINA STORY

Tuesday Jun 30, 2020 @ 5pm ET
ALEX MCARTOR

Posted (edited)

Depeche Mode Live Spirits from Berlin a little while back is on now YT if anyone’s interested 

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 6:40 PM, comfortably numb said:

Anyone get any TM refunds?

Been 2+ months since this post and TM said in progress and would take 30 days

1 hour ago, comfortably numb said:

I received refunds for two shows well within the 30 day window. Submitted within a day or so of receiving the notification.

10 minutes ago, Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:

I received refunds for two shows well within the 30 day window. Submitted within a day or so of receiving the notification.

Hmmm

I dont recall submitting anything being my show was outright canceled 

I have to try to reach them it looks like

Thanks

38 minutes ago, comfortably numb said:

Hmmm

I dont recall submitting anything being my show was outright canceled 

I have to try to reach them it looks like

Thanks

FWIW, both of the shows were rescheduled and I was given the option of refund or hold tickets for the new date. Would think if outright cancelled, it should have been prioritized for refund, but would guess you would have to start the process (at least to get a timely response...:))

One show was cancelled and I was refunded within a week from TM. The others are moved to 2021 (fingers crossed)

Thursday (the band) is set to begin live streaming from Brooklyn in about twenty or so minutes. Have a ticket, will watch. So much of post-hardcore is visceral presence that I wonder how it will translate to this format.

Bandsintown is putting up some high quality live stream concerts. Watching Blackberry Smoke now from the Ryman. Awesome. $25. Would do it every day of the week. First time I feel like I’m back at a live concert. Highly recommend 

• Like 2