What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (3 Viewers)

So far I have tix to the Steep Canyon Rangers in Feb at the 9:30 club. Also have one for Shovels and Rope in March at the Birchmere.

Will probably also check out Galactic for two nights in March, also at 9:30.

TOOL - Jan. 28 @ CFE Arena

Tesla w/ Def Leppard and Styx - Jan 30 @ Amway Arena

Rockville 2016 - Apr 30/May 1 @ Metropolitan Park, Jacksonville

Muse x2 with X Ambassadors

Jan 14th in Detroit 2nd row with wife

Jan 16th in Toronto 7th row with 14 year old son

Pretty stoked

Alejandro Escovedo solo January 26, Stoltz Listening Room

Smithereens February 6, Rams Head

Eddie From Ohio February 27, Rams Head

Excited about the Escovedo show since it's solo, and in a place that holds 50-60 people. The guy's great.

Saw Muse this past Thurs in Detroit and then last night in Toronto.

EPIC shows. The stage and the display is like nothing I have ever seen.

I FINALLY got to see them play Citizen Erased.

What a show!

Got tickets to see Disturbed April 7th at St. Andrews Hall in Detroit. Really excited about this, they had mostly stopped touring when I started listening to them.

Went to Tower of Power Friday night at the Canyon. Great show. Love me an old school horn section. Going to party at Steel Panther show Thursday night.

David Gilmour tix purchased. Also Joe Bonnamassa. Probably seeing Bruce for St Patrick's Day B-Day. Leaning to Stagecoach after seeing lineup.

I'm seeing Run the Jewels in Aspen tonight at the Belly Up, a 450-person capacity venue. It is going to be an amazing show. There is no one doing rap better than Killer Mike and El-P these days.

Bruce Springsteen Tuesday

Operators (Dan Boeckner) in February

Wintersleep in March - had to buy tickets in Kingston, ON - Toronto show sold out already.

Death Cab/Metric in March

Will also by buying Wayhome tickets as soon as they go on sale (next week?)

Going to Iron Maiden in February and then in the same week seeing Queensryche (Dokken opening).

Taking my 11 year old to both shows. He loves them.

Wintersleep in March - had to buy tickets in Kingston, ON - Toronto show sold out already.

Any rumours on performers at Wayhome yet?

Any rumours on performers at Wayhome yet?
Yeah, I stress RUMOUR but a lot of people are speculating Arcade Fire to headline. I am trying not to get my hopes up for that, but would love it.

Saw Buckcherry at the Canyon Club last Thursday.  Lot of fun.  Gin Blossoms 3/5.  Springsteen 3/17.  Kenny Wayne Shephard just added to Doheny Blues Festival so I gotta go to that now...Lots of other shows I want to see at the Greek and Hollywood Bowl.  Alabama Shakes, etc. Chris Stapleton at Santa Barbara Bowl in a few weeks.  If I'm in town I'm going.

Just got tickets for Joe Bonamassa in Atlantic City (Tropicana) in May.  My first time seeing him.

Steven Wilson at the Beacon in NYC is about a week and half away.  Special guest vocalist Ninet Tayeb is with him for most of the North American tour. 

Opening night tomorrow for Iron Maiden's Book of Souls tour.

Taking my son to his first Maiden show.

Then Saturday Queensryche and Dokken 1st row. Taking my son to his first Ryche show. Should be fun.

Steep Canyon Rangers this Friday night in DC at the 930 club. Then next month Shovels and Rope and Galactic (separate shows) and in April two nights of The Infamous Stringdusters. Good stuff.

tickets purchased for Brian Wilson's 50th Anniversary show which he will be performing the entire Pet Sounds album - Fox Theater, Detroit, September 30th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason Isbell @ The Beacon on Friday.

Missed him at Newport last summer (checked out Courtney Barnet instead - stupid scheduling conflicts :(  ) Curious how the crowd will be. Hopefully no folks sitting on their asses in my section.

Todem said:
Opening night tomorrow for Iron Maiden's Book of Souls tour.
I will be in the house.

Leaving work around 4:30, making the 3+ hour drive Orlando to Sunrise.  Arriving just before showtime, watching the show, then driving my friends (who unlike me, will be hammered) to the home of one of their brothers in Aventura, then driving from there back to my house (3 hours.)  Should get home somewhere around 3:30-4:00 AM. 3 hours sleep and back at work tomorrow.

I don't know what I was thinking.

Tim O'Brien with Lunasa at Chicago Old Town School of Folk Music last weekend was excellent. I'm trying to get to a Neko show and hope to catch the Devil Makes Three/TBT tour.

Caught Aaron Lewis (formerly of Stain'd) Sunday night as a xmas gift for the GF (she's a huge fan). Shot from front row sidestage. Lifeproof case muffled the audio a bit. This is our 4th or 5th time catching him.. quite a good show. Very intimate setup with a unplugged/storytellers type vibe .

Missing Dropkick Murphy's tonight and Cody Jinks Friday due to heading out of town... may catch Gary Clark Junior on Saturday night if I'm back from Kentucky in time. 

Caught Aaron Lewis (formerly of Stain'd) Sunday night as a xmas gift for the GF (she's a huge fan). Shot from front row sidestage. Lifeproof case muffled the audio a bit. This is our 4th or 5th time catching him.. quite a good show. Very intimate setup with a unplugged/storytellers type vibe .

Missing Dropkick Murphy's tonight and Cody Jinks Friday due to heading out of town... may catch Gary Clark Junior on Saturday night if I'm back from Kentucky in time. 

That would be a great show..

Seeing Dave and Phil Alvin tonight. Have tickets to see Dwight Yoakam, Gary Clark Jr., and Brandi Carlile so far. May go see the Turnpike Trubadors as well 

Bone Thugs 3/18
Killswitch Engage 4/21
Halestorm 4/29
Slipknot/Manson 7/12
Heart/Joan Jett/Cheap Trick 7/22
Disturbed/Breaking Benjamin/Alter Bridge 7/27
Korn/Rob Zombie 8/7

More to come, I'm sure.

Duran Duran at The American Airlines Center in April

Hall and Oates at Gexa Energy Pavillion in May

Barenaked Ladies, Howard Jones and OMD @ Red Rocks in June

Kenny Chesney, Miranda Lambert, Sam Hunt, Old Dominion at Chase field in May. The wife and I got a hotel room that is walking distance to the show so it is game on for me :pickle:

Just bought tickets to see Bruce Springsteen this Thursday in L.A.  Never been - sort of a bucket list item.  Listening to The River now.  Thinking heading down early for March Madness games and St. Patrick's Day festivities.  Should be a great day....

Update: I'm embarrassed I've never seen the E Street Band before now.  Really.  What a show.   Now I know why some fans have gone to 100+ concerts to see Bruce.  3 1/2 hours.  Would think he would be totally spent and it was just "1-2-3-4....." and on to the next one.  Non-stop.

Thinking of seeing Chris Stapleton at the Santa Barbara Bowl next month...

Jason Isbell @ The Beacon on Friday.

Missed him at Newport last summer (checked out Courtney Barnet instead - stupid scheduling conflicts :(  ) Curious how the crowd will be. Hopefully no folks sitting on their asses in my section.
great show but it's pretty much a sit on your ### show.

Coldplay - Gillette Stadium July 30th

I never go to concerts ... but decided this is one that I'd thoroughly enjoy.

Paid out the ### for good seats though. Wholly crap, are all concerts this expensive?

Just bought tickets to see Bruce Springsteen this Thursday in L.A.  Never been - sort of a bucket list item.  Listening to The River now.  Thinking heading down early for March Madness games and St. Patrick's Day festivities.  Should be a great day....
Was in Phoenix last Thurs for work and scalped last minute tix on a whim, GA for $150. Not a huge fan but it was a blast. The guy sure does give it his all.  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread