What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (3 Viewers)

Glad you liked them but saw them at the festival I just posted about and they were just bad.  Not sure if the set up was helpful for their music but they just weren't very good.  
They’re old, but still interesting. Out of the three bands, I ranked them second after OMD and before Berlin. 

Saw Squeeze in Milwaukee last night. They haven’t missed a step imo. Very happy I finally got the chance to see them live. 

ETA: KT Tunstall opened and was very impressive as well.
Saw Squeeze in Oakland a couple of weeks ago.  They performed a generous 23 song set spanning their entire career.  Glenn Tilbrook can still hit all the notes.

This weekend, we're seeing young English rocker Sam Fender.  Hardly Strictly Bluegrass is the week after that.

Saw Squeeze in Oakland a couple of weeks ago.  They performed a generous 23 song set spanning their entire career.  Glenn Tilbrook can still hit all the notes.

This weekend, we're seeing young English rocker Sam Fender.  Hardly Strictly Bluegrass is the week after that.
Really looking forward to Jackie Greene on that Sunday

In the last couple of months, I've seen Beck, Spoon, Cage the Elephant, Cake, Squeeze, Massive Attack, and several bands at Riot Fest (Bloc Party, Wu Tang Clan, Flaming Lips, Slayer, Anthrax, The Struts). Now I'm debating seeing U2 in Mumbai this December. I probably shouldn't, but I wanna.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome day at Crossroads Guitar Festival in Dallas on Saturday.  The show went from 4pm until midnight. List of performers below. Bill Murray's birthday too. It was surreal watching Eric Clapton roll out this cake covered in candles to lead an arena full of people in singing happy birthday to Bill Murray (who hosted).

All the acts were fantastic but the show stealers included James Bay, Keb' Mo', and the incomparable Buddy Guy (83 years old but you'd never know if listening to him or watching him play).

Lineup (*performed in collaborations as well):

Albert Lee*
Bradley Walker*
Buddy Guy and Johnny Lang
Doyle Bramhall
Eric Clapton & His Band with Alan Darby*
Gary Clark, Jr.
James Bay
Jerry Douglas*
Jimmy Vaughan
Joe Walsh*
John Mayer*
Keb' Mo'
Lianne La Havas
Los Lobos*
Robert Cray
Robert Randolph
Tedeschi Trucks*
Tom Misch*
Vince Gill & Band*

Awesome day at Crossroads Guitar Festival in Dallas on Saturday.  The show went from 4pm until midnight. List of performers below. Bill Murray's birthday too. It was surreal watching Eric Clapton roll out this cake covered in candles to lead an arena full of people in singing happy birthday to Bill Murray (who hosted).

All the acts were fantastic but the show stealers included James Bay, Keb' Mo', and the incomparable Buddy Guy (83 years old but you'd never know if listening to him or watching him play).

Lineup (*performed in collaborations as well):

Albert Lee*
Bradley Walker*
Buddy Guy and Johnny Lang
Doyle Bramhall
Eric Clapton & His Band with Alan Darby*
Gary Clark, Jr.
James Bay
Jerry Douglas*
Jimmy Vaughan
Joe Walsh*
John Mayer*
Keb' Mo'
Lianne La Havas
Los Lobos*
Robert Cray
Robert Randolph
Tedeschi Trucks*
Tom Misch*
Vince Gill & Band*
Jealous - I've watched Crossroads every time it's on AXS.  Bucket list to go one time.  That lineup is just ridiculous!

Redwes25 said:
Just spent the weekend at the Sea Hear Now festival in Asbury Park.  Lots of fun and some great acts I already liked and a few new bands I want to listen more off.  
Like....?

Like....?
Two bands I wasn't familiar with that I thought were great were the Struts and the Marcus King Band.  The frontman for the Struts really knows how to put on a show and he was fantastic.  It was probably the best performance of the entire festival.   

Thought Sharon Van Etten was great as well but I really like her and have seen her before.  

I thought all the acts were good except B-52s were pretty bad.  Also, not a big Dave Mathews Band fan and thought he was ok.

One highlight was I saw Mike McCready do a small show in the art tent.  I was five feet from him which was pretty cool.  

Coming up:

Rival Sons / Stone Temple Pilots

Going to see a few shows with my daughter...

Spookyghostboy / Field Medic / Cavetown

I Don't Know How But They Found Me / Angels & Airwaves

Half Alive / Local Natives

Was waiting for Kenny Chesney to bring his arena tour to So Cal in 2019 but it never happened.  Then announced a mega stadium tour next year.  Florida Georgia Line (not a big fan), Old Dominion (like 'em) and others. Choices were to fly to Nashville end of June and make a weekend of it or go to the new SoFi stadium where the Rams will play.  Chose the latter.  Really good seats on the floor with Amex presale (even before fan clubs).  These concerts are going on sale 10+ months in advance.  Aug 1.  A long time to hold my money but beats chasing good seats late on Stubhub.  

Went and saw Journey last night and while the group sounded good and Arnel Pineda has a lot of voice and the range of Steve Perry, he sung like he was a drunk guy doing karaoke that could sing, but was refusing to look at the words on the screen. So if you weren't listening to any of the actual lyrics, it sounded great, but to recognize any actual words in the song being played was a bit of a stretch.  Strangest concert review that I have ever written in my life, but my wife that is a massive Journey fan was annoyed by him too.

Plus the vocals were not being helped by all the electronic aids that they were using.  So much echo and vocal doubling or repeating or tracks...other than the echo part, not sure what the other vocal shenanigans were.  

We saw Journey last year at Giants park and left early.  Def Lep opened and were much better

Seriously not a fan of the replacement singer shtick all around, any of these bands, I mean I get it but 👎  

Full price for a cheap knockoff basically.

Adam Ant was pretty good last night. Enjoyed the opening band, Glam Skanks, as well. Cool to hear all of the Friend or Foe album, but I think the Anthems tour performance I saw last year was much better for both bands.

ETA: Next up is My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult in November and then Elvis Costello and then the Brian Setzer Orchestra. Busy music month. 

Made it to Hardly Strictly on Friday and Sunday.  Saw Emmylou, Kurt Vile, Tanya Tucker, Black Joe Louis, The Meat Puppets, Hiss Golden Messenger, St. Paul & the Broken Bones and some Blue Grass acts that I'd have to look up.  The best thing we saw was a performance of Pete Seeger songs by the Kronos Quartet and guest singers.  Tanya Tucker is still bad### though.

Got the Waterboys this Friday and the symphony the week after.  Mrs. Eephus is going to LA for the Bauhaus reunion shows so our music budget is spoken for.

Made it to Hardly Strictly on Friday and Sunday.  Saw Emmylou, Kurt Vile, Tanya Tucker, Black Joe Louis, The Meat Puppets, Hiss Golden Messenger, St. Paul & the Broken Bones and some Blue Grass acts that I'd have to look up.  The best thing we saw was a performance of Pete Seeger songs by the Kronos Quartet and guest singers.  Tanya Tucker is still bad### though.

Got the Waterboys this Friday and the symphony the week after.  Mrs. Eephus is going to LA for the Bauhaus reunion shows so our music budget is spoken for.
You are very lucky to get to see them. 

I have an in-law in Tanya's band.  But we were down at Bonny Doon all weekend, had to pass.

Saw Phil Collins this past Friday.

Heard some good things about Starcrawler in the new music thread and liked what I heard. Am seeing them tomorrow night in a tiny venue - it should be a blast 

How was Black Joe Louis? I missed their show at UCSB last time around. 

Saw Mumford in concert Friday night with the wife.  They are incredibly talented, played almost 2 hours, and sounded great live.  

Opener was Gang of Youths.  I like some of their stuff, but the lead singer was difficult to understand live.  He has a very unique voice that I like, but I hate when I can't understand the words from the lead vocalist.  This was the end of 10ish weeks touring w/ Mumford, maybe his voice was just trashed.  

I saw Wilco last night, and it was a great show. Their sound was crystal clear, and Tweedy's voice sounded just like it did 25 years ago. 
Saw them last Friday, seats were spitting distance from Nels. One of my favorite bands for many years but first time seeing them live. I haven't really gotten into the new album yet and was concerned there'd be lulls as they've been playing 7 or 8 tracks from it every show but I loved every second of it. Spot on regarding Tweedy's voice, and the band as a whole is as tight as they come.

If they're coming your way don't miss them even if you're not a huge fan.

Getting turned off re the pricing on some of these.   I've seen Aerosmith 4 times but their residency tix in Vegas are $600 when I last looked.  List.  Eagles coming back around again for Hotel California tour and anything reasonable in the arena is $300/$400-$700.  No thanks.  Most I ever spent on a ticket was $500 for the Stones but that was bucket list.  I only do presales/fan clubs so I'm not talking scalper or secondary market prices. 

How was Black Joe Louis? I missed their show at UCSB last time around. 
He didn't blow me away.  It's kind of a tough to play an early afternoon festival set for an audience that didn't come to see you but he and the Honeybears didn't bring as much energy as I expected.  Maybe it's just me because one of the people I was with thought he was great.

Just picked up ticket to Not so silent night concert in Brooklyn with Mumford and Sons, Cage the Elephant and Vampire Weekend and others.  Really excited about as have only seen Mumford in concert before.  

Just picked up ticket to Not so silent night concert in Brooklyn with Mumford and Sons, Cage the Elephant and Vampire Weekend and others.  Really excited about as have only seen Mumford in concert before.  
Saw Vampire this summer, they were great.

Users who are viewing this thread