What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (7 Viewers)

He's going to do unspeakable things to the Redskins defense this week. 
Is he? I mean there’s no reason for him not to - but I expected unspeakable things to be done against the G-men last week. ‘Skins D is a bit better no? 

Also, for the sake of this thread - there’s not many I would trade him for at this point. I think he’s the type of kid that’s just going to improve every year. The poster above asking about the JuJu/Collins trade? 

No chance. CMC all day 

Remember when:

people in this thread said CMC was just a younger, cuter Danny wood head?  

People in this thread were saying there is no way cmc can handle an increased workload?

people in this thread were saying cmc can’t run bw the tackles?

people in this thread were saying the panthers messed up by not taking Kamara, Dalvin Cook, and a few other RBs from last years class over cmc?  

Where are those people?  Hi guys! :)  

Remember when:

People in this thread were saying there is no way cmc can handle an increased workload?

people in this thread were saying the panthers messed up by not taking Kamara, Dalvin Cook, and a few other RBs from last years class over cmc?  

Don’t  forget people in this thread said he can’t and won’t handle 200 carries and those who thought he would were “dreaming” even though he handled a massive load in college and that CJA would clearly handle more carries, the goal line work and sited the fact the panthers trusted Stewart and his 3.4 YPC for 200 carries and CJA was way better than him as proof of this? They’re around these boards, they just don’t want to man up and admit they were wrong. CMC is the man, first round dynasty asset.

He's averaging 13 ppg in standard leagues and has one touchdown in 4 games. Aren't we going a little overboard? I understand he's valuable in PPR leagues but aren't like half of all leagues standard scoring? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not? Isn't the point of FF to score more points? CMAC is averaging 13 PPG in standard, Kamara is averaging 21.
Assuming you are talking about ROS?  Although there's a chance Kamara could replicate last year's shared backfield performance, I'll take CMC's much higher floor.  Everyone saw Monday how low Kamara can go.

He's averaging 13 ppg in standard leagues and has one touchdown in 4 games. Aren't we going a little overboard? I understand he's valuable in PPR leagues but aren't like half of all leagues standard scoring? 
I doubt half the leagues are standard these days. That said 13 PPG in standard is pretty good. 100 yds and TD every other game. Would guess that puts him in top 15 even in standard.

I forgot this is a CMAC thread, so of course people are going to praising him incessantly. 

Most people play PPR nowadays I'd bet. Especially in dynasty. That's the difference between your expectations and what you're actually seeing in the thread as far as praise imo

Most people play PPR nowadays I'd bet. Especially in dynasty. That's the difference between your expectations and what you're actually seeing in the thread as far as praise imo
If that's true then that would make sense. Still find it laughable that anyone would prefer him over Kamara (38 Rec) vs McCaffery (27 Rec) even with one less game played that is fairly substantial. 

If that's true then that would make sense. Still find it laughable that anyone would prefer him over Kamara (38 Rec) vs McCaffery (27 Rec) even with one less game played that is fairly substantial. 
7.6 vs 6.75 rec per game seems pretty insubstantial especially given only 4-5 games played. CMC has 8 and AK has 4 in next game and their per game is =.

7.6 vs 6.75 rec per game seems pretty insubstantial especially given only 4-5 games played. CMC has 8 and AK has 4 in next game and their per game is =.
The lack of TD's is a problem. AK has proven last year and this year so far he produces TD's, yards, and receptions. CMAC not so much in the TD's department. 

The lack of TD's is a problem. AK has proven last year and this year so far he produces TD's, yards, and receptions. CMAC not so much in the TD's department. 
I agree lack of TDs is an issue。 I’d prefer Kamara as well but CMC is a stud with an incredible floor and no risk of timeshare (unlike Kamara as we saw week 5).

Relative to weeks 1-4 as the lone horse.  And there's only one year of data on him.  I sure hope he keeps it going but to say we know for sure is silly.
Since week 3 of last year he has had 2 games under 11 points in PPR scoring. One was last week and the other was a game where he got a concussion in the first quarter and you are worried? He has been the definition of high floor/high ceiling, win your week, and almost never lose your week type of player. 

Remember when:

Those people don’t visit this thread anymore - 

troll union has summoned them elsewhere, probably the Lev Bell thread 

Assuming you are talking about ROS?  Although there's a chance Kamara could replicate last year's shared backfield performance, I'll take CMC's much higher floor.  Everyone saw Monday how low Kamara can go.
And we've seen the same with CMC.  Your take lacks logic.  

It's more likely that the people who doubted CMC didn't draft him and thus have no real reason to visit this thread. 
Then why were they here in May? 

ETA: If McCaffrey misses a few games and he only ends up with 199 carries I fully expect them to come in here with an I told you so.

Last edited by a moderator:
And we've seen the same with CMC.  Your take lacks logic.  
In PPR...

CMC lowest score this year 13.

Kamara lowest score this year 6.

CMC lowest score was week 1 so you hope for better ROS.

Kamara's lowest score was week 5 and you hope its not representative of his new timeshare ROS.

What part of my take do you find illogical?

I look at last year's numbers and the fact that Payton's offense has always had 2 rbs put up great numbers going back to PT and Bush.  It comes down to preference, and Kamara is a much more proven commodity.  And I don't own either.

CMC 1,000/1,000 TRACKER

Game 1: 10 carries for 50 yards, 6 receptions for 45 yards

Game 2: 8 carries for 37 yards, 14 receptions for 102 yards

Game 3: 28 carries for 184 yards, 2 receptions for 10 yards

Game 4: 17 carries for 58 yards, 5 receptions for 35 yards

Game 5: 8 carries for 20 yards, 7 receptions for 46 yards

PACE: 1,116 yds rushing, 761 yds receiving

Seems like getting a few weapons back/more involved are hurting our guy's numbers. I still believe! Just need another big week to get us back on track! Eagles up next.

Juju straight up for CMC

Assume we each have a need at those roles.  Who gets the better deal?
The short answer is if it fills a need for both of you, you both win.  

The longer answer, in my opinion, is that JuJu is more tied to his situation/QB than CMC is.  When Ben leaves you have to look at what QB Pitt will replace him with to determine if JuJu keeps up his production. For CMC, if Cam leaves...I think it actually benefits CMC so his floor would actually be higher than it is right now.

McCaffrey for me, helps he already had his bye
That and I'd also add KC is more likely to be in a position to rest players at the end of the year whereas CAR will be grinding it out until the end, most likely.  CMC only has 1 TD on the season, so I'd expect at least .5 TDs per game from here on out to get to 6+ on the season.  He has some big games in him for sure.  Hunt does too but he's arguably 3rd priority on his team, CMC is the primary weapon on CAR.

IMO it is still CMC. They got away from the run way too quickly @ Redskins, and this week is a tough spot vs the Eagles so you hope he gets some receptions, but they still have a really good run game.

IMO it is still CMC. They got away from the run way too quickly @ Redskins, and this week is a tough spot vs the Eagles so you hope he gets some receptions, but they still have a really good run game.
Eagles are still very good against the run but they are hurting from catches by the RB. I'm just an Eagles fan but every game it seems like a screen pass or a quick dump to the RB ends up going for 20+. Driving me nuts. Luckily I own CMC so this week that will be fine as long as the Eagles win.

That and I'd also add KC is more likely to be in a position to rest players at the end of the year whereas CAR will be grinding it out until the end, most likely.  CMC only has 1 TD on the season, so I'd expect at least .5 TDs per game from here on out to get to 6+ on the season.  He has some big games in him for sure.  Hunt does too but he's arguably 3rd priority on his team, CMC is the primary weapon on CAR.
7 for 29 on the ground. 

6 for 51 in the air off of 6 targets. That efficiency saved me in PPR again -- 12 points isn't fantastic from my RB1 but again, a good solid floor.

Cam - 7 rushes for 49 yards. I said it above, I'll say it again: you come into owning CMC with eyes wide open about the fact that Cam is going to rush the ball, and CMC isn't a guy who is going to command 20 carries a game, based on his skill set and his size.

But man, do I hate seeing Cam call his number all over the field. I've always respected his talent, but never his personality (on or off the field). And I know having a 6'5 240 pound QB who is light on the feet needs to be a factor in the game.

But I hate how he always seem to prefer to run rather than go through checkdowns where CMC can get open. Just seems to be an ego thing rather than a smarts thing. Maybe I love to hate the guy, but on days like this when every point matters, makes me hate on a guy that much harder.

7 for 29 on the ground. 

6 for 51 in the air off of 6 targets. That efficiency saved me in PPR again -- 12 points isn't fantastic from my RB1 but again, a good solid floor.

Cam - 7 rushes for 49 yards. I said it above, I'll say it again: you come into owning CMC with eyes wide open about the fact that Cam is going to rush the ball, and CMC isn't a guy who is going to command 20 carries a game, based on his skill set and his size.

But man, do I hate seeing Cam call his number all over the field. I've always respected his talent, but never his personality (on or off the field). And I know having a 6'5 240 pound QB who is light on the feet needs to be a factor in the game.

But I hate how he always seem to prefer to run rather than go through checkdowns where CMC can get open. Just seems to be an ego thing rather than a smarts thing. Maybe I love to hate the guy, but on days like this when every point matters, makes me hate on a guy that much harder.
I could have made this exact post. One of the reasons I traded CMC the other week. Can’t. F’n. Stand. Cam. 

I could have made this exact post. One of the reasons I traded CMC the other week. Can’t. F’n. Stand. Cam. 
For me and my team, I wouldn’t trade CMC if only because of that rock solid floor. 

But so frustrating knowing what he might deliver without the Cam cap. 

What did you get in return?   

For me and my team, I wouldn’t trade CMC if only because of that rock solid floor. 

But so frustrating knowing what he might deliver without the Cam cap. 

What did you get in return?   
It was tough to do because I was super high on him going into this year and reached for him at the end of the 1st.  But I was undefeated at the time and looking to improve my keepers for next year so traded him for OBJ who can be kept in the 9th next year. Only had CMC this year. 

CMC 1,000/1,000 TRACKER

Game 6: 7 carries for 29 yards, 6 receptions for 51 yards

PACE: 1,008 yds rushing, 770 yds receiving

CMC 1,000/1,000 TRACKER

Game 6: 7 carries for 29 yards, 6 receptions for 51 yards

PACE: 1,008 yds rushing, 770 yds receiving
At this point, he seems to have one clear outlier rushing performance and one clear outlier receiving performance. His real pace right now appears to be something closer to 800 rushing yards, 700 receiving yards, 80 receptions, and 3 total TDs. All things considered, it feels like that would be a disappointing season.

I had him all last year and not once did I think he looked good. I didn't get the hype this offseason. He gets the touches which makes him a valuable fantasy performer and the TDs will come IMO but hes not a very good RB talentwise in my humble opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread