What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (2 Viewers)

As we're cruising to the playoffs, is anyone handcuffing CMC?

Out of Cameron Artis-Payne, Kenjon Barner, and Travaris Cadet, I guess CAP is the guy to own with CJ Anderson off the team?

Feels like I'd ratehr grab Malcom Brown or Spencer Ware who have more provable upside if I'm going to burn a spot on my bench, but if CMC for any reason did go down, my team (and I suspect many of yours) would be screwed, so would it be worth it to have his replacement, whoever that might be?

Out of Cameron Artis-Payne, Kenjon Barner, and Travaris Cadet, I guess CAP is the guy to own with CJ Anderson off the team?

Feels like I'd ratehr grab Malcom Brown or Spencer Ware who have more provable upside if I'm going to burn a spot on my bench, but if CMC for any reason did go down, my team (and I suspect many of yours) would be screwed, so would it be worth it to have his replacement, whoever that might be?
Personally I wouldn't bother and would go Ware or Brown.  I don't think any of the Carolina options provide enough uumphh town a title and you likely already have a better option on your bench.

eta - Samuel would likely be the biggest beneficiary although his hamstring might be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

If something happens to CMC, I would sooner quit on the season (and mope around the house) than to pick up a backup.  

I'm already down Melvin Gordon w/o a handcuff, so if CMC went down I'd likely be screwed no matter what.  (I picked up Ware a while back but don't want to actually hope for an injury, even if it would help my team.)

I'm already down Melvin Gordon w/o a handcuff, so if CMC went down I'd likely be screwed no matter what.  (I picked up Ware a while back but don't want to actually hope for an injury, even if it would help my team.)
Same spot as you. I have Ekeler now who will be a viable option but if CMC goes down I don't think Artis-Payne gives much to offer. He might get some yardage and stuff but then I'd expect Cam to start vulturing those TDs again.

Christian McCaffrey had 10 carries for 106 yards and caught 9-of-10 targets for 55 yards and a touchdown in Week 13 against the Bucs.

McCaffrey was Carolina's entire offense with Greg Olsen leaving early and Devin Funchess at less than 100 percent. He set up his TD catch after a 53-yard run that put the Panthers inside the red-zone. McCaffrey has been locked in down the stretch and leads the league with 10 touchdowns over the last six weeks. He'll remain a high-end RB1 for Week 13 against the Browns.

Dec 2 - 4:32 PM

This kid is pretty good! If only there was someone from the Shark Pool pounding the desk since page 5 of this thread trying to convince everyone this kid is a STUD and true workhorse RB who will be a perennial pro bowler. :whistle:   

This kid is pretty good! If only there was someone from the Shark Pool pounding the desk since page 5 of this thread trying to convince everyone this kid is a STUD and true workhorse RB who will be a perennial pro bowler. :whistle:   
Hey none of that. We don't need any bad juju on him going into the playoffs. 

To think, I was trying to move him in package for DJ in the offseason .....  :eek:

CMC 1,000/1,000 TRACKER

Game 1: 10 carries for 50 yards, 6 receptions for 45 yards

Game 2: 8 carries for 37 yards, 14 receptions for 102 yards

Game 3: 28 carries for 184 yards, 2 receptions for 10 yards

Game 4: 17 carries for 58 yards, 5 receptions for 35 yards

Game 5: 8 carries for 20 yards, 7 receptions for 46 yards

Game 6: 7 carries for 29 yards, 6 receptions for 51 yards

Game 7: 14 carries for 45 yards, 4 receptions for 11 yards

Game 8: 17 carries for 79 yards, 5 receptions for 78 yards

Game 9: 14 carries for 77 yards, 5 receptions for 61 yards

Game 10: 13 carries for 53 yards, 6 receptions for 57 yards

Game 11: 17 carries for 125 yards, 11 receptions for 112 yards

Game 12: 10 carries for 106 yards, 9 receptions for 55 yards

PACE: 1,150 yds rushing, 884 yds receiving 

I made a draft day trade last year that amounted to giving Fournette and AJ Green for CMC and Julio. Had my doubts last year but loving it now.

CMC 1,000/1,000 TRACKER

Game 1: 10 carries for 50 yards, 6 receptions for 45 yards

Game 2: 8 carries for 37 yards, 14 receptions for 102 yards

Game 3: 28 carries for 184 yards, 2 receptions for 10 yards

Game 4: 17 carries for 58 yards, 5 receptions for 35 yards

Game 5: 8 carries for 20 yards, 7 receptions for 46 yards

Game 6: 7 carries for 29 yards, 6 receptions for 51 yards

Game 7: 14 carries for 45 yards, 4 receptions for 11 yards

Game 8: 17 carries for 79 yards, 5 receptions for 78 yards

Game 9: 14 carries for 77 yards, 5 receptions for 61 yards

Game 10: 13 carries for 53 yards, 6 receptions for 57 yards

Game 11: 17 carries for 125 yards, 11 receptions for 112 yards

Game 12: 10 carries for 106 yards, 9 receptions for 55 yards

Game 13: 16 carries for 63 yards, 6 receptions for 38 yards

PACE: 1,139 yds rushing, 862 yds receiving 

Anyone worried about his matchup vs the Saints and considering benching him?

How could you be, given he's essentially matchup proof? If he doesn't gain traction on the ground, he'll probably catch 8 balls and score that way. You can't bench this guy, and if you do it in the fantasy playoffs after the season he's had, you probably deserve to lose for getting too cute. 

Yeah worse case he gives you 10 points with that workload (higher assuming PPR).   No way you can bench a guy who gets that many touches. 

It was a fun ride this year. Glad I got him at #8. My team that has him is done now but he was a huge part in bringing me back from 0-4 to the playoffs.

I don't like the trend on the ypc, but the TDs are trending up.

Interesting...currently RB8, 32 pts in front of RB9 and 30 its behind RB6.  I've never seen a gap like that in before.  He's in tier 3 all by himself.
And a month later he's run down everyone but Gurley and Barkley and they are surely in his sights.

Users who are viewing this thread