Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TripItUp

Official Christian McCaffrey Thread

Recommended Posts

How good is he going to be after another off season of packing on muscle and getting faster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

How good is he going to be after another off season of packing on muscle and getting faster. 

Hopefully even better because I'm keeping him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 5:05 PM, BassNBrew said:

We are officially in rare air ladies and gents.

Currently CMac sits at 416 ff points with 2 games left.  All time leaders since 2002

2002 - Priest Holmes 443

2003 - LT 444

2003 - Priest 445

2006 - LT 481

 

LT's all time record is probably safe, but 2nd all time is within his reach if he plays both of the remaining games.

Okay. My apologies to Cmac. He only needed one game. 

Currently at 446 and 35 away from LT.  he needs 215 yd to catch Chris Johnson.  You have to figure he’s gunning for 1000/1000 which means 70 odd rec yd or 10 recpt.  10 recpt, 215 yards leaves one td needed to catch lt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 4:21 PM, Dizzy said:

Just looking at this dude's workload in 2019... on pace for 414 touches... any concerns for 2020 over the 370-touch curse for RBs?

I know he looks invincible, but they all do, until they're not. Currently a "Q" for week 11 by the way (foot - held out of practice).

I thought the 370 threshold was for carries, not touches. RBs don’t take as much abuse on Receptions generally speaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I thought the 370 threshold was for carries, not touches. RBs don’t take as much abuse on Receptions generally speaking.

Yeah for carries. Lots of RBs go over 370 for touches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a little concerned about the workload too but as mentioned he's getting a significant number of catches in that total. The Panthers are the only team I really ever watch full games for, and McCaffrey doesn't take a lot of punishing hits -- although all the hits add up of course. The color commentator for the last game also said that McCaffrey does MMA training to learn how to avoid direct hits -- I can't find anything online to confirm that, and I'm not sure it matters much.

I have him on an aging dynasty team and my plan is to see if he can carry me to another run next season and then go from there. I do think the party will end within the next few years just because of the volume and his position. But he has a Ladanian Tomlinson-like approach to taking care of his body and I think that should be reassuring. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCaffrey won me my league especially what he did in the second half of the season. Just grateful to have him on my team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My not so popular hot take on Cmac is this.  If the panthers are truly in rebuild mode as it is, and with the sheer amount of volume Cmac has been getting and his massive massive deal he is in line for, the Panthers should float his name out there to see what potentially they could get for trading him.  From my untrained eye the Panthers are not winning any time soon with the offensive and defensive line in shambles so what would be the point to just beat him down for a couple of 4-6 win seasons?   Plus his contract is going to be a record setter.   Doesnt make sense to me to keep him if there is a team that would give you a kings ransom for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

My not so popular hot take on Cmac is this.  If the panthers are truly in rebuild mode as it is, and with the sheer amount of volume Cmac has been getting and his massive massive deal he is in line for, the Panthers should float his name out there to see what potentially they could get for trading him.  From my untrained eye the Panthers are not winning any time soon with the offensive and defensive line in shambles so what would be the point to just beat him down for a couple of 4-6 win seasons?   Plus his contract is going to be a record setter.   Doesnt make sense to me to keep him if there is a team that would give you a kings ransom for him.

Only reason I tuned in to watch the games was Cmac. Seems like there would be some consideration in what he brings in revenue wise. 

Outside of QB I really don’t see the Panthers state of affairs being any worse than GB last year.  The Bears were supposed to run away their division this year now they are as bad as the Panthers. Things change quick and a piece or two can have a big impact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Only reason I tuned in to watch the games was Cmac. Seems like there would be some consideration in what he brings in revenue wise. 

Outside of QB I really don’t see the Panthers state of affairs being any worse than GB last year.  The Bears were supposed to run away their division this year now they are as bad as the Panthers. Things change quick and a piece or two can have a big impact. 

We have absolutely no offensive line talent especially at Tackle and our defense is a jumbled mess.  No dline help outside of KK and our secondary is garbage in particular the safety position.  I think these past 5 or so games have really shone a light just how bad the overall roster is.  If a team is going to give us 2 firsts or something like that then we need to think hard about it.  But I get your point about wanting to watch him etc.  But two things here, he cannot sustain the sheer number of touches he is getting and the contract he is going to demand next year is going to be enormous.  You really want to pay a RB $20 million on a 6 win (at best) team?  This team needs oline help in a bad bad way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pantherclub said:

We have absolutely no offensive line talent especially at Tackle and our defense is a jumbled mess.  No dline help outside of KK and our secondary is garbage in particular the safety position.  I think these past 5 or so games have really shone a light just how bad the overall roster is.  If a team is going to give us 2 firsts or something like that then we need to think hard about it.  But I get your point about wanting to watch him etc.  But two things here, he cannot sustain the sheer number of touches he is getting and the contract he is going to demand next year is going to be enormous.  You really want to pay a RB $20 million on a 6 win (at best) team?  This team needs oline help in a bad bad way

Is the line really that bad or do we just need a qb?  Cmac is averaging 5 ypc behind a bad line. Would he average 7-8 behind a good line?  If that’s the case he’s a generation talent and I don’t think you can trade someone that talented. 

Regarding his workload; he dedicated last offseason to getting bigger stronger and faster. Has he topped out there at 23 or is he going to work his ### of to improve even more?  His dad didn’t hit his prime until and had a very solid career. His dad dropped his seed into the daughter of a silver medalist sprinter. I know common sense says Cmac has peaked and will wear down but can’t we have some optimism that he’s this generations Barry Sanders?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The town would riot if the Panthers traded away CMC. He (along with Luke) are the face of the franchise. Yes the Panthers have a ton of needs on both sides of the ball, but at least they have an exciting player that fans will actually buy tickets to watch. Without him...yikes, it would be pretty bad right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Is the line really that bad or do we just need a qb?  Cmac is averaging 5 ypc behind a bad line. Would he average 7-8 behind a good line?  If that’s the case he’s a generation talent and I don’t think you can trade someone that talented. 

Regarding his workload; he dedicated last offseason to getting bigger stronger and faster. Has he topped out there at 23 or is he going to work his ### of to improve even more?  His dad didn’t hit his prime until and had a very solid career. His dad dropped his seed into the daughter of a silver medalist sprinter. I know common sense says Cmac has peaked and will wear down but can’t we have some optimism that he’s this generations Barry Sanders?

The line is really bad.  Incredibly bad in fact.  There is no talent there.  Daley is a project as is Little who had 2 concussions and other injuries.  This isnt a quick fix.  And thats before addressing the defensive line where I image Butler, Poe and McCoy are all gone after this season.

 

If he is a generational talent (which i think he is) then his talent has only has only helped us to get to 5 wins.  A record setting year and all we can muster is 5 wins.  Think about that.  hence my reasoning for shopping him.  Just see if you can get a crazy trade.  Whats the harm in that especially before we break the bank to pay him after next season.  Hell if he breaks the record and follows the zeke model we may have to pay him now. 

 

And I dont care who his mom, dad or sister is, you keep giving this guy the amount of touches he is getting and its going to go south quick and then we look like the Rams sitting on an albatross of a contract to a guy who cannot play.

 

All I am saying is that if this is a true rebuild, which to me it 100% is, then all options have to be on the table.

 

The damn Patriots would be favorites for the SB if Cmac was on their team.  Somebody would go nuts trying to trade for him.  And RB is the easiest position in the NFL to replace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ffmail4me said:

The town would riot if the Panthers traded away CMC. He (along with Luke) are the face of the franchise. Yes the Panthers have a ton of needs on both sides of the ball, but at least they have an exciting player that fans will actually buy tickets to watch. Without him...yikes, it would be pretty bad right now. 

You have to think long term and not in the now frame of mind.  Its NFL football, people will still come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pantherclub said:

You have to think long term and not in the now frame of mind.  Its NFL football, people will still come.

Without him I'm just not convinced. Seriously. Look at the Redskins....for half a century that place sold out every game, full of Redskins fans...now the opposing team has as many fans there as the home team. Washington hasn't given the fans a product or player worth faithfully coming to see in years...hopefully that is changing with Haskins and McLaurin and company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Without him I'm just not convinced. Seriously. Look at the Redskins....for half a century that place sold out every game, full of Redskins fans...now the opposing team has as many fans there as the home team. Washington hasn't given the fans a product or player worth faithfully coming to see in years...hopefully that is changing with Haskins and McLaurin and company. 

Its taken 20 years to get to that point from the redskins.  If there is a solid plan the fans will come

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pantherclub said:

The line is really bad.  Incredibly bad in fact.  There is no talent there.  Daley is a project as is Little who had 2 concussions and other injuries.  This isnt a quick fix.  And thats before addressing the defensive line where I image Butler, Poe and McCoy are all gone after this season.

 

If he is a generational talent (which i think he is) then his talent has only has only helped us to get to 5 wins.  A record setting year and all we can muster is 5 wins.  Think about that.  hence my reasoning for shopping him.  Just see if you can get a crazy trade.  Whats the harm in that especially before we break the bank to pay him after next season.  Hell if he breaks the record and follows the zeke model we may have to pay him now. 

 

And I dont care who his mom, dad or sister is, you keep giving this guy the amount of touches he is getting and its going to go south quick and then we look like the Rams sitting on an albatross of a contract to a guy who cannot play.

 

All I am saying is that if this is a true rebuild, which to me it 100% is, then all options have to be on the table.

 

The damn Patriots would be favorites for the SB if Cmac was on their team.  Somebody would go nuts trying to trade for him.  And RB is the easiest position in the NFL to replace.

1. You say the line is really bad.  What's CMac's ypc with a good line?

2. 5 wins - Keep in mind we've ben stuffed inside the 5 yard line to win the game 4 times this season.

3. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PaytWa00.htm  Basically 11 straight seasons with 350-400 touches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

1. You say the line is really bad.  What's CMac's ypc with a good line?

2. 5 wins - Keep in mind we've ben stuffed inside the 5 yard line to win the game 4 times this season.

3. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PaytWa00.htm  Basically 11 straight seasons with 350-400 touches.

1. Cmac is just that good.  I am not sure how you can watch our season and not think our offensive line is terrible.  They cannot pass block to save their life

2. Wouldnt that be a sign of a poor oline?

3. Dude I know what you are hinting at but I am not ready to compare Cmac to Payton.  Thats insane.  Probably a better comparison is the guy whose record he is trying to break.  Chris Johnson.  He had a couple more solid years then fell off.   It just happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 2:04 PM, BassNBrew said:

How good is he going to be after another off season of packing on muscle and getting faster. 

I've gotta wonder how much beating his body is taking and if he's not at his apex now, GB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this guy gets paid his commensurate worth, and he should start getting it now so people don't gripe about it. 

He should also get heavier endorsements in his brief time in the spotlight.

I just see a legendary talent being burned out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, pantherclub said:

My not so popular hot take on Cmac is this.  If the panthers are truly in rebuild mode as it is, and with the sheer amount of volume Cmac has been getting and his massive massive deal he is in line for, the Panthers should float his name out there to see what potentially they could get for trading him.  From my untrained eye the Panthers are not winning any time soon with the offensive and defensive line in shambles so what would be the point to just beat him down for a couple of 4-6 win seasons?   Plus his contract is going to be a record setter.   Doesnt make sense to me to keep him if there is a team that would give you a kings ransom for him.

I could get on board with this. I agree with @BassNBrew that the big risk is McCaffrey is one of the faces of the franchise, but I also agree with the above: that this looks like a rebuild (Tepper has said as much if I recall correctly). The offensive line is a real problem imo. The one consistent bright spot has been Moton at RT. The grading has varied throughout 2019, especially in pass blocking. In late September Seth Walden at ESPN measured the line as worst in the league in "pass block win rate"; PFF came out with a surprising grade of 13th overall for the line at the week 8 mark; there were some late season struggles (though in fairness the entire team played poorly); and now the only starter with a decent grade at PFF is Moton. I feel like the fan base is a bit split on this team being a rebuild vs. having a win-now window, and I think there are valid arguments on both sides. But I feel pretty strongly that this is a rebuild. If so, having your best player at a position with a historically short window for production is not ideal. 

This is all pretty theoretical anyway. Splash trades for RBs seem like a thing of the past, unless I am forgetting any recent examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DAG said:

 

This is all pretty theoretical anyway. Splash trades for RBs seem like a thing of the past, unless I am forgetting any recent examples.

I know its neither here nor there and way past the point, but I would bet anything the Pats would have overpaid for Cmac before the trade deadline.  He is exactly what they need for their offense.  Now what that theoretical trade would look like who knows but I would at least just see whats out there.  2 firsts? First and a 2nd? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, pantherclub said:

If a team is going to give us 2 firsts or something like that then we need to think hard about it

No way any team gives 2 first round picks for McCaffrey. I’d be surprised if a team gave one first rounder. 

You already said the reasons yourself:

1. He is going to demand a monster contract...

2. ...at the position most easily replaced outside of special teams. 

You keep referencing the Patriots, but Belichick is too smart to commit so much to any single RB. 

Edited by Just Win Baby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Just Win Baby said:

No way any team gives 2 first round picks for McCaffrey. I’d be surprised if a team gave one first rounder. 

You already said the reasons yourself:

1. He is going to demand a monster contract...

2. ...at the position most easily replaced outside of special teams. 

You keep referencing the Patriots, but Belichick is too smart to commit so much to any single RB. 

You are probably right but its not going to hurt to ask around.

 

I keep referencing the Pats simply because the end is obviously nigh for this dynasty/era and I think Belichick sees this and would overpay to have the ultimate weapon for brady.  I honest to God think they would be close to unstoppable if CMAC was in that backfield.

 

One more thing to consider is lets say Cam is healthy, he plays relatively well.  Now he is going to want a $30 million deal and Cmac is going to want $20 mill at the same time.  Thats 50 million of a 200 million cap tied up in a RB/QB.  Thats a lot.

 

There really is no easy answer in all of this I am simply saying if its a rebuild nobody is off limits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I keep referencing the Pats simply because the end is obviously nigh for this dynasty/era and I think Belichick sees this and would overpay to have the ultimate weapon for brady.  I honest to God think they would be close to unstoppable if CMAC was in that backfield.

Too much value in contract-friendly White and draft capital in Michel and the other dude from 'Bama (I'm drawing a blank and not Googling) and they need help at WR desperately and more than anything else. They're like a helicopter right now: no wings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Speaking Thursday, interim Panthers OC Scott Turner said he will get Christian McCaffrey the ball "any way he can" against the Saints.

McCaffrey is 67 receiving yards shy of becoming just the third player in NFL history to reach 1,000 as both a runner and receiver. He also has an outside shot at breaking Chris Johnson's yards from scrimmage record if he has a particularly absurd day (216 yards). McCaffrey barely played last Week 17. That is not going to be the case this time around.

SOURCE: David Newton on Twitter

Dec 26, 2019, 1:23 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Faust said:
Quote

Speaking Thursday, interim Panthers OC Scott Turner said he will get Christian McCaffrey the ball "any way he can" against the Saints.

McCaffrey is 67 receiving yards shy of becoming just the third player in NFL history to reach 1,000 as both a runner and receiver. He also has an outside shot at breaking Chris Johnson's yards from scrimmage record if he has a particularly absurd day (216 yards). McCaffrey barely played last Week 17. That is not going to be the case this time around.

SOURCE: David Newton on Twitter

Dec 26, 2019, 1:23 PM ET

 

It's on like Donkey Kong!!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Just Win Baby said:

 

18 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

3https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PaytWa00.htm  Basically 11 straight seasons with 350-400 touches.

He’s not Walter Payton, who IMO is the best RB of all time. 

 

We don't know what he is other than one of the few guys who added size and got faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pantherclub said:

You are probably right but its not going to hurt to ask around.

 

I keep referencing the Pats simply because the end is obviously nigh for this dynasty/era and I think Belichick sees this and would overpay to have the ultimate weapon for brady.  I honest to God think they would be close to unstoppable if CMAC was in that backfield.

 

One more thing to consider is lets say Cam is healthy, he plays relatively well.  Now he is going to want a $30 million deal and Cmac is going to want $20 mill at the same time.  Thats 50 million of a 200 million cap tied up in a RB/QB.  Thats a lot.

 

There really is no easy answer in all of this I am simply saying if its a rebuild nobody is off limits.

If that happens with CMac/Olsen/Samuals all healthy then we would have watched a great offensive season and would be competing for a playoff spot.  I'd take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pantherclub said:

You are probably right but its not going to hurt to ask around.

 

I keep referencing the Pats simply because the end is obviously nigh for this dynasty/era and I think Belichick sees this and would overpay to have the ultimate weapon for brady.  I honest to God think they would be close to unstoppable if CMAC was in that backfield.

 

One more thing to consider is lets say Cam is healthy, he plays relatively well.  Now he is going to want a $30 million deal and Cmac is going to want $20 mill at the same time.  Thats 50 million of a 200 million cap tied up in a RB/QB.  Thats a lot.

 

There really is no easy answer in all of this I am simply saying if its a rebuild nobody is off limits.

Literally 0.0% chance of him ending up on the Pats. Maybe when he’s like 35 and they can sign him for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like I stopped updating this after my Panthers depression kicked in. BUT, as we approach the final game and my guy still has a chance for this awesome milestone, I feel obligated to provide one final update before the sun sets on CMC's awesome season. So, I present the second to last CMC 1k/1k watch update:

 

CMC 1,000/1,000 WATCH V2.0

Game 1: 19 rushes 128 yards (2 TD), 10 receptions 81 yards

Game 2: 16 rushes 37 yards, 2 receptions 16 yards 

Game 3: 24 rushes 153 yards (1 TD), 3 receptions 35 yards

Game 4: 27 rushes 93 yards (1 TD), 10 receptions 86 yards

Game 5: 19 rushes 176 yards (2 TD), 6 receptions 61 yards (1 TD)

Game 6: 22 rushes 31 yards (1 TD), 4 receptions 26 yards (1 TD)

Game 7: 14 rushes 117 yards (1 TD), 4 receptions 38 yards

Game 8: 24 rushes 146 yards (2 TD), 3 receptions 20 yards (1 TD)

Game 9: 20 rushes 108 yards (1 TD), 6 receptions 33 yards

Game 10: 14 rushes 70 yards, 11 receptions 121 yards

Game 11: 22 rushes 64 yards (1 TD), 9 receptions 69 yards (1 TD)

Game 12: 14 rushes 44 yards, 7 receptions 58 yards

Game 13: 11 rushes 53 yards, 11 receptions 82 yards

Game 14: 19 rushes 87 yards (2 TD), 8 receptions 88 yards

Game 15: 13 rushes 54 yards, 15 receptions 119 yards

 

SEASON STATS: 278 rushes 1,361 yards (14 TD), 109 receptions 933 yards (4 TD)

 

One game, 67 receiving yards remaining. Let's go Panthers, get our boy his 1k/1k.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2016 at 11:12 PM, Rhythmdoctor said:

McCaffrey averaged 23 carries per game this year and 25 per game last season.  That does not include receptions.  I think he's perfectly suited to be a workhorse RB.  I can't wait to see his NFL career.  I think he's going to be great!

 

On 12/29/2016 at 3:39 AM, Rodrigo Duterte said:

You can't be serious.  You really think he's "perfectly suited to be a workhorse RB"?  In the NFL?  Not a chance. EZ is a workhorse.  Christian McCaffrey?  Please.

Edelman/Crowder/Welker.

😂🤣😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

287 rushes, 1,387 yards, 15 TD's

116 receptions, 1,005 yards, 4 TD's

 

Achievement Unlocked: *1,000/1,000*

 

He did it boys. :cool: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Worm said:

287 rushes, 1,387 yards, 15 TD's

116 receptions, 1,005 yards, 4 TD's

 

Achievement Unlocked: *1,000/1,000*

 

He did it boys. :cool: 

I mean, its something I guess but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.  5 wins.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I mean, its something I guess but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.  5 wins.  

I don’t think anyone really would argue a RB makes a difference in wins and losses but he could obviously be an important piece of a championship team. The Panthers need help at QB and on defense.

One player, outside of QB, seldom makes a difference in wins and losses. Most people would call JJ Watt one of the most dominant defensive players in the league - but Houston wins just as many games when he misses most of the season as they do when he plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I mean, its something I guess but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.  5 wins.  

You can't bring me down today GB. CMC is a bright spot in a sea of darkness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Worm said:

You can't bring me down today GB. CMC is a bright spot in a sea of darkness.

What is GB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.