Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TripItUp

Official Christian McCaffrey Thread

7 minutes ago, thatguy said:

Has thick legs, far more important to me for a RB than upper body strength. What's not to like? 

His melanin levels

• Like 3

I hope he doesn't miss too many games due to sunburn. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grahamburn said:

I hope he doesn't miss too many games due to sunburn. 

:lmao:

@petekrum Are you starting to reconsider your projections for McCaffrey? Looks to be dominant at the Combine (as well as on the field). Right now the ONLY knock is his 10 reps on the bench press which essentially means nothing for the RB position 

I don't think the bench matters as McCaffrey has performed well enough in the other drills to back up the quickness and athleticism you see when watching him play.

The bench to me only would have mattered if the other results were poor. Then I would consider the poor bench performance as foreshadowing of the other tests, but that isn't what happened. 

I still want to see the 3 cone and the 20 yard splits, but so far McCaffrey has done well enough that his athleticism isn't a concern. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

I don't think the bench matters as McCaffrey has performed well enough in the other drills to back up the quickness and athleticism you see when watching him play.

The bench to me only would have mattered if the other results were poor. Then I would consider the poor bench performance as foreshadowing of the other tests, but that isn't what happened. 

I still want to see the 3 cone and the 20 yard splits, but so far McCaffrey has done well enough that his athleticism isn't a concern. 

Agree with everything you said, including wanting to see 3 cone/20 splits. 

Edited by thatguy
  • Like 1

He's always been a fantastic athlete, going back to his high school days. Then, his athleticism was evident on tape. None of this surprises me today.

• Like 1

The bench is puzzling as I have done 225 6-8 times in the last couple of months and do not even flat bench very often.  Since he has been training for the combine since December and in a weight program the last 4 years, add in the fact that he has shorter arms I really though he would pound out in the 18-22 range.

3 minutes ago, buck naked said:

He's always been a fantastic athlete, going back to his high school days. Then, his athleticism was evident on tape. None of this surprises me today.

Agreed. I used to watch him dominate the gridiron while at Valor Christian. He has excelled at every level. Only one more level to go. 

Edited by thatguy

Patriots will end up drafting this kid and 31 other teams will regret passing him up. 

It won't surprise me if he falls a bit. 

6 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

The bench is puzzling as I have done 225 6-8 times in the last couple of months and do not even flat bench very often.  Since he has been training for the combine since December and in a weight program the last 4 years, add in the fact that he has shorter arms I really though he would pound out in the 18-22 range.

I would guess based on his excellent broad jump and vertical that his workouts were focused more toward generating explosiveness, particularly lower body.  Probably a lot of squats, cleans, deadlifts, medicine/kettle ball exercises, and core workouts. 

Edited by thatguy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jon007 said:

Patriots will end up drafting this kid and 31 other teams will regret passing him up. 

It won't surprise me if he falls a bit. 

After today, I doubt he falls. He has crushed the agility and pass-catching drills. It's a pass catching league now.

Please please Denver take him at 20 that's been my dream pick since the season ended now I want it more than ever. 

Just keep him away from Sean Payton and the rest of the bozos that will make him a situational RB. He would instantly be the best RB in Denver. Anderson is a lazy bum who only plays hard enough to maintain his employment. Booker is a 2nd stringer.

Edited by lod001

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

Just keep him away from Sean Payton and the rest of the bozos that will make him a situational RB. He would instantly be the best RB in Denver. Anderson is a lazy bum who only plays hard enough to maintain his employment. Booker is a 2nd stringer.

McCoy would know how to utilize him too. I'm just worried now that he might not last until 20. But if he does denver would be dumb to pass.  Makes too much sense given the pedigree and the local boy comes home story. 

He's the combine winner so far. He's faster than Cook, younger, healthier, no off field flags, beat him in every test and I thought beat him in drills. Am I only one who no longer views this as top 2 RB's and then everyone else?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, zeeshan2 said:

As if Christian McCaffrey's day couldn't get any better he also ran a 6.57 3-Cone. The 2nd fastest by an RB at the #NFLCombine since 2003.

That has to be the best metric for any RB. That's big time. Probably ensures he falls no farther than 1.5 or 1.6 in most PPR leagues (and I could see him going higher too). 

Edited by CabinFever
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, menobrown said:

He's the combine winner so far. He's faster than Cook, younger, healthier, no off field flags, beat him in every test and I thought beat him in drills. Am I only one who no longer views this as top 2 RB's and then everyone else?

I'm with you. 

I hate to say this, but honestly, if you look at McCaffrey's production, family tree,  and combine metrics, if he had the same pigmentation as most NFL RBs, is there any doubt he'd be a top 2 pick in FF leagues?? :shrug:

Edited by CabinFever
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, menobrown said:

In PPR I can see him mixing into the top 4 picks, he's a legit guy to add to Fornette, Cook, Davis, Williams so depending on landing spot I think we have a top 5 now with the exact order tbd

5 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

In PPR I can see him mixing into the top 4 picks, he's a legit guy to add to Fornette, Cook, Davis, Williams so depending on landing spot I think we have a top 5 now with the exact order tbd

That is pretty much how I see it as well.

37 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Nope. 4 RB race now. Cook in 4th place now for me.

6 minutes ago, menobrown said:

That is pretty much how I see it as well.

Oops lol just looked at the league where I have 1.6 to see who has 1.5 so I could put in an offer to move up, lol it is you:wall:

2 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

Oops lol just looked at the league where I have 1.6 to see who has 1.5 so I could put in an offer to move up, lol it is you:wall:

I'd be loving Mixon as consolation at 6.

6 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

Lol

6 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

If you don't cut Ty Montgomery who I would pick up and use against you I think you would have taken the 1.5.

4 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

I'd be loving Mixon as consolation at 6.

And nothing today turned me off Kamara and this is TE premium leaugues so Njoku and Howard might be not be bad consolation prizes either. This is why in TE premium leagues I've had the draft as a Big 9 for last few weeks, likely won't hold that way but were I'm at right now.

Just now, spider321 said:

Ahhhh, yes.

The ole' underwear Olympics overreaction.

lol

Yep, don't know why they even hold this combine thingy and lord knows McCaffery did nothing on the field.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spider321 said:

Ahhhh, yes.

The ole' underwear Olympics overreaction.

lol

Well he already had Fournette at 1, Mixon and Cook next, and then McCaffrey. So basically that's his way of saying he moved McCaffrey up...one spot. Which happened to bump Cook down.

Miller sucks btw.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Miller sucks btw.

I think he's good and just gets hated by a lot of people who wish they could do what he does for a living, not saying that applies to you. He's the only one I know that had Michael Thomas as his #1WR last year but I'm not here to defend NFL draft info people, I kind of like it when people are dismissive of sources I like.

3 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I think he's good and just gets hated by a lot of people who wish they could do what he does for a living, not saying that applies to you. He's the only one I know that had Michael Thomas as his #1WR last year but I'm not here to defend NFL draft info people, I kind of like it when people are dismissive of sources I like.

Nothing against his job, think it's awesome he was able to turn a personal draft blog into his current position.

I just notice him "revisit the tape" and completely shuffle his rankings suspiciously soon after player movement in the rankings of just about all the media draftniks I find more reliable. I think he does his best and I don't think I or anyone I know could do it better. I just think he doesn't know what he's talking about slightly less than me.

Edit: I still follow him on Twitter though because he seems like a cool dude and has access to scouts and personnel guys now, and I like those quotes.

Edited by ConnSKINS26

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nothing against his job, think it's awesome he was able to turn a personal draft blog into his current position.

I just notice him "revisit the tape" and completely shuffle his rankings suspiciously soon after player movement in the rankings of just about all the media draftniks I find more reliable. I think he does his best and I don't think I or anyone I know could do it better. I just think he doesn't know what he's talking about slightly less than me.

Edit: I still follow him on Twitter though because he seems like a cool dude and has access to scouts and personnel guys now, and I like those quotes.

Tha'ts a big thing I see with a lot of them to be honest which is why I gave Miller a lot of credit last year for sticking to Michael Thomas as his #1. But the switching around of players once someone else starts talking about them is a bit of plague on the draftnik community.

Also for clarification, he had Cook as his #2 RB and McCaffery one spot ahead of Mixon on his last Big Board before the combine. So he moved McCaffery up one spot, moved Cook down two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Don't like the talk about using him in KO and punt returns.

I'd bank on it but for point of reference Brown and Odell are punt returners. Nothing I"m worried about.

1 minute ago, menobrown said:

I'd bank on it but for point of reference Brown and Odell are punt returners. Nothing I"m worried about.

I've had guys like that. Tim Brown for years. I cringe though when they go back there. When you get hurt on a pass play or run play that's one thing but it really sucks when you get hurt on a play that a 6th round guy should be handling.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 8:09 PM, DexterDew said:

Have seen comparisons to Gio, Westbrook

I'm impressed with his quick feet, hands and vision. Shows good toughness and versatility.

Runs between the tackles, doesn't go down on first contact.

Combine will be very important for the measurables, but he has everything else

Personally, if he is sub 4.5 and over 205lbs, I think he may sneak into the first round. Seriously.

The way the NFL game is evolving, it's easy to see him having success in the NFL

wish he was a few pounds heavier and maybe bench a little more, but it may not matter with everything else he brings to the field

11 minutes ago, DexterDew said:

wish he was a few pounds heavier and maybe bench a little more, but it may not matter with everything else he brings to the field

Oh, he's an NFL 1st rounder. His combine workout and ability to play WR as well as RB seals it. Put him in INDY and I put him at the #1 rookie draft spot.

I think so... I was shamelessly bumping my post on the first page since I have been a proponent for over a year and have him on a pair of Devy teams

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DexterDew said:

I think so... I was shamelessly bumping my post on the first page since I have been a proponent for over a year and have him on a pair of Devy teams

I got the 3rd pick and if I had to pick now, I would take him. 1/2 prr format.

The 3 cone time is very impressive and from what I have read the 3 cone is the second most predictive combine measurement for a RB (the first being 40 time).

I think it is important enough that people should consider moving him up as lod001 and others are talking about. I am still just letting things sink a bit and I would like to see this data for other players, but this no doubt is a very positive sign that backs up some of the things you see when watching him play. The time was better than I was expecting, because that time is exceptional for any player, and especially important for players at the RB and WR positions.

• Like 1

We need some pessimism in here so the McCaffrey love does not get out of hand.

Paging Petekrum...Petekrum....please check in

1 minute ago, buck naked said:

We need some pessimism in here so the McCaffrey love does not get out of hand.

Paging Petekrum...Petekrum....please check in

SJW strength.

Good enough?

Not sure I've ever seen a RB perform better in drills in any combine I've watched. Flawless.

The main thing I am confused about right now is why do we have 3 cone times for McCaffrey but not any other RBs?

I have been looking but I have not found it posted anywhere yet. 

For example.

If anyone has the other players times please let me know.

No shuttle times of any sort either for anyone. It's almost 10 pm. Weird.