What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oregon Militia Takeover - Ammon Bundy arrested (1 Viewer)

Ladsud said:
INAPPROPRIATE LINK WAS HERE

More satire for ya.
Dude, wtf is wrong with you? Seriously.

Just unnecessary and distasteful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send in a few well armed park rangers as if they were going to work at the station. You know, like normal. Call the bluffs of these dorks. As soon as they threaten, tear gas them. Then arrest them.

Yup if they were black the authorities would treat them exactly the same. Like Jon says, it's really stupid to think otherwise.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/05/18/407665820/why-did-we-forget-the-move-bombing
Oh goody. MOVE was a radical group classified as terrorists. They had a violent history which includded the killing of a police officer. At the time of the bombing, they had just been involved in firing guns at police officers. Not going to try to defend the bombing, but the fact you have to go back 30 years and the best you can do is find an example that is not even close to this situation, proves my point conclusively.

Or you might ask some Native Americans how they've been treated in the past when attempting to protest the BLM's seizure of land. But Jon will tell you that's stupid; it's all equal.

Yup if they were black the authorities would treat them exactly the same. Like Jon says, it's really stupid to think otherwise.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/05/18/407665820/why-did-we-forget-the-move-bombing
MOVE was substantially different from these guys. MOVE was barricaded in a row house in a densely populated city, and they had a history of violence. These guys deliberately picked a location that's about as far from anything as you can get in the lower 48, and picked a time when they knew there wouldn't be anyone at the sanctuary. It's pretty obvious that they're a bunch of paper tigers, and that when the Feds do finally move in on them they're going to drop their guns and cry for mommy.

Or you might ask some Native Americans how they've been treated in the past when attempting to protest the BLM's seizure of land. But Jon will tell you that's stupid; it's all equal.
Can we talk about events which happened in this century? We are talking about how police would behave today. The stupid is strong in this one.

It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with the pent up backlog of demand to visit the Malheur National Park HQ. once this is all said and done. Surely people must be getting anxious at this point, being cut off from such a critical component of our national park system.
that reminds me, are the Militia paying camping fees or do they expect yet another government handout to them?

Can we talk about events which happened in this century? We are talking about how police would behave today.
Well that might be difficult, because I'd have to provide you a long well-documented history of young unarmed black men who have been wrongfully killed by police- oh wait! Turns out it's not that difficult after all.

Can we talk about events which happened in this century? We are talking about how police would behave today.
Well that might be difficult, because I'd have to provide you a long well-documented history of young unarmed black men who have been wrongfully killed by police- oh wait! Turns out it's not that difficult after all.
Good heavens Tim. There are nearly 800,000 police officers and you want to brand how they all would act based on the behavior of a few. I believe that the vast vast majority act fairly without regard to race and that nearly all departments do. Your tendency to brand a million people by the actions of a few idiots is unparalleled in this forum. I think it is to the point of being a sickness. And I am serious. Get some help.

Lads posted pictures of victims of the Paris attacks. Don't click unless you want to see that. I hope that ######## enjoys a nice vacation.
And don't quote him with the link. (Duh.)
Lads posted pictures of victims of the Paris attacks. Don't click unless you want to see that. I hope that ######## enjoys a nice vacation.
And don't quote him with the link. (Duh.)
Yeah. DUH!

:oldunsure:

Good heavens Tim. There are nearly 800,000 police officers and you want to brand how they all would act based on the behavior of a few. I believe that the vast vast majority act fairly without regard to race and that nearly all departments do. Your tendency to brand a million people by the actions of a few idiots is unparalleled in this forum. I think it is to the point of being a sickness. And I am serious. Get some help.
The vast majority of police are good people and well intentioned. But to believe that this vast majority acts fairly without regard to race flies in the face of almost all the evidence we have that suggests otherwise.

The vast majority of police are good people and well intentioned. But to believe that this vast majority acts fairly without regard to race flies in the face of almost all the evidence we have that suggests otherwise.
Only if you completely ignore that our intercities are nearly war zones which are not safe for anyone. It is probably the toughest job in America to be a cop in the innercities. You have to really cherry-pick evidence to conclude cops actions are racist. Cops behavior is driven by the dangers they face and what they have to deal with on a daily basis.

If you go to Germany you dont even need a tent! You can join in on mass gang rapes at the local train station and even throw fireworks at people.
Im sorry if I dont find humor in rape and murder, I guess im an #######. If you find humor in ISIS I guess your a much smarter and wittier person than I.
:lmao:
OOF.
:own3d:
:tfp:

I feel bad for the people of Burns. They don't want this nonsense in their town. from a bunch of out of town trouble makers.

The prospect of hundreds of out-of-towners who openly carry firearms concerns some residents in Burns.

Fliers with the message “Militia go home” hang on signposts downtown.

Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward said he received death threat emails from people in other states after he told militia organizers he would not create a safe haven for the Hammonds to stay in Harney County.

“I haven’t slept a full night in close to two months now. I have a lot of anxiety,” he said. But Sheriff Ward wants to protect his county.

“What we’ve been threatened with here is civil unrest and the insinuations of armed rebellion,” said Sheriff Ward.

Cliven Bundy said if Sheriff Ward wanted to keep the protests away, he should have worked harder to get the Hammonds’ sentences reduced or vacated. “I believe that the local governments have failed these people,” Bundy said. “The sheriff, he has the duty to protect the life, liberty and property of his citizens. And I believe he has failed, totally here.”

Only if you completely ignore that our intercities are nearly war zones which are not safe for anyone. It is probably the toughest job in America to be a cop in the innercities. You have to really cherry-pick evidence to conclude cops actions are racist. Cops behavior is driven by the dangers they face and what they have to deal with on a daily basis.
If you aren't careful he's going to link in illegal immigration.

Yo, people, I'm sure there are a couple of threads devoted to police misconduct et al. Go there.
I'm just waiting for somebody to compare and contrast the govt response to this v. the govt's response to Shay's Rebellion....

Why do we not have more covrage of this uprising of the people?

I want to mark the days, get the backgrounds of these great patriots, Olympics style. At the least, a mini series. Or novella softcover.

"It's day 3 here at the siege, the smell of revolution in the air. The dank, musky - make that dusty - scent of freedom. And hypocrisy.

With the governmental overlords threatening to cut off electricity, this could mean only 2-3 days of cell phones. After that, no communication. No playing Clans, not even Candy Crush. Freedom does not come without sacrifice!

As new reinforcements come in on their busted up 1993 Chevy pickup, you can hear the rallying cry - Viva La Revolution!!!! Then suddenly, gunshots. We don't take kindly to Mexican's up here.

Users who are viewing this thread