What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Drafts/Rankings (1 Viewer)

3 hour lunch

Footballguy
I know seedings are still sorting themselves out, but we know all the playoff teams now. The afternoon games may tweak things a bit, but I was jotting down some preliminary rankings as I have a slow draft starting in the morning and I have the first pick. Below are my first thoughts......interested in input and anyone I may have missed. As for the 1st overall pick, I'm torn. Usually you'd take the QB of the Superbowl favorite, at least in non-PPR leagues where QB's are even more critical to getting through. This year, though; I don't think there's really a clear cut favorite. Brady? Hasn't looked great lately and Pats seem vulnerable. Cam? A FF machine but might be tough getting through a SEA/AZ combo? Palmer? Is A Brown a possibility? David Johnson? I'm leaning towards Palmer thinking I could stack at least 1 of his WR at the 2/3 turn, but am looking for thoughts here as well.

QB:

Palmer

Cam

Brady

Wilson

Roethlisberger

Rodgers

Osweiler- any chance Manning plays? How high does he go if DEN is the #1 seed?

Dalton?

Cousins

Smith

Hoyer

Bridgewater

RB:

Really tough here; very few sure things.

D Johnson- huge positional advantage? How much will Ellington be in the mix? Is Chris Johnson coming back?

D Will- how hurt is he?

Stewart- how hurt is he?

Lynch- coming back?

CJ Anderson

Lacy

Hillman

AP

Hill

White

Morris

Bernard

West

Blue

Ware

Steven Jackson?

WR:

Brown

D Thomas

Fitz

Floyd

Sanders

Green

Baldwin

Edelman- coming back?

Ginn

Cobb

Hopkins

Maclin

M Bryant

J Brown

Lockett

Funchess

D. Jackson

Adams

Garcon

Kearse

Wheaton

Diggs

Lafell

Amendola

TE:

Gronk

Olsen

Eifert

Reed

Kelce

Miller

Daniels

Rodgers

Fells

Griffin

Willson

Rudolph

Last edited by a moderator:
pity bump. Usually there is some decent chatter on these types of leagues as the last day of the season wraps up.....

Have the number 1 overall pick tomorrow morning and I before today, I figured it would clearly be Brady, but now I am not so sure. I do agree that Palmer is the top QB, but Antonio is so temping. I think that is probably my heart getting in the way of my head, since he is so much fun to own, but it would make sense to go Palmer.

I would also have go go QB/QB next up as I would hate to roster Bridewater or have go figure out if Dalton is playing.

Pitt is a pick em game against Cincy, but they could definitely still go deep so Brown is intriguing. Afc is really open. Choosing between Cam, Palmer and Wilson is tough. If you don't take QB #1 it might be pretty ugly by the time it gets back to you. Wilson does potentially get that extra game

Pitt is a pick em game against Cincy, but they could definitely still go deep so Brown is intriguing. Afc is really open. Choosing between Cam, Palmer and Wilson is tough. If you don't take QB #1 it might be pretty ugly by the time it gets back to you. Wilson does potentially get that extra game
What are the chances that Hoyer and Cousins get second games? Getting two games each out of them would be serviceable with Antonio in the fold. You are right that the QBs on contenders will be long gone.

Ugh. Maybe I just do the sound thing and draft Palmer or Cam.

I am playing in a 6 team playoff league (2 QB's, 2 RB's, 4 WR's, 2 TE's, 2 D, 2 K)

I am guessing the top 5 picks will be: Cam, Palmer, Wilson, Roethlisberger, A. Bryant...I'm stumped about which player should go #6???

I guess Brady would make sense...but the Pats have not been very good the past few weeks.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
MissionCoach said:
I am playing in a 6 team playoff league (2 QB's, 2 RB's, 4 WR's, 2 TE's, 2 D, 2 K)

I am guessing the top 5 picks will be: Cam, Palmer, Wilson, Roethlisberger, A. Bryant...I'm stumped about which player should go #6???

I guess Brady would make sense...but the Pats have not been very good the past few weeks.

What do you guys think?
I am considering David Johnson, Bryant, and Gronk with my 1.1

Why not Wilson? Only QB pretty much guaranteed 2 games and is on fire fantasy wise lately. Would go him or Palmer . Carson should beat wash/greenbay and get 2 games in. Not confident in any other nfl team getting 2 games for sure.

Why not Wilson? Only QB pretty much guaranteed 2 games and is on fire fantasy wise lately. Would go him or Palmer . Carson should beat wash/greenbay and get 2 games in. Not confident in any other nfl team getting 2 games for sure.
I am torn between Wilson, Palmer, and Newton.

I like the Cards chances, but am wondering if the finger injury is going to be a problem for Palmer. That leaves Wilson and Newton 1 A and 1 B. Think its a crap shoot.

RWilson first for me. Rough not knowing on Dalton/DWill as both players and both teams would be worth a lot if healthy.

I'm aiming for Wilson or Roethlisberger with Palmer behind that.

I'm mainly going for Seattle, Pittsburgh, or Carolina Players.

MissionCoach said:

What do you guys think?
Our playoff league uses exactly the same setup (except with 3 RB spots) and IMO you'd have to be nuts not to take Brady if he's available at 6. Personally I'd expect him to go off the board before Big Ben or Brown.

Now, if the top 5 QBs are off the board and I'm at 6, I'd give serious thought to Gronk over Brown in a PPR scoring format. His positional advantage in the 3 games they're likely to play will be greater than either AB or any other QB left on the board would give you in 1-2 games.

I am not targetting too many players high in my draft from Denver/Cincy/KC /HOU/NE as I think these teams could win ugly on defense especially when matched up vs one another. Steelers have far and away the best offense of any of the AFC teams so I think you almost have to target them and hope for at least two productive games.

On the NFC side it sucks that Seattle/AZ can't meet in the NFC title game as if they could I'd just pile up from both teams. Knowing one of them is most likely out after the Divisonal round really makes it hard to decide on what to do in the NFC. I predict the games like GB/Washington will go along ways on deciding who wins titles. Redskins look very attractive IMO including Cousins as I think GB is a mess.

I am not targetting too many players high in my draft from Denver/Cincy/KC /HOU/NE as I think these teams could win ugly on defense especially when matched up vs one another. Steelers have far and away the best offense of any of the AFC teams so I think you almost have to target them and hope for at least two productive games.

On the NFC side it sucks that Seattle/AZ can't meet in the NFC title game as if they could I'd just pile up from both teams. Knowing one of them is most likely out after the Divisonal round really makes it hard to decide on what to do in the NFC. I predict the games like GB/Washington will go along ways on deciding who wins titles. Redskins look very attractive IMO including Cousins as I think GB is a mess.
I'd say this is very much in play. If you think Sea wins this weekend, I think AZ destroys the Wsh/GB winner, Gun to my head I take Car over Sea, but a Seattle victory would not be shocking at all.

Agreed. SEA and AZ are likely to play at least two games, and WAS is likely to beat GB. On the AFC side, it's a mess IMO. PIT and KCC are as likely to win it as anybody.

I'd say this is very much in play. If you think Sea wins this weekend, I think AZ destroys the Wsh/GB winner, Gun to my head I take Car over Sea, but a Seattle victory would not be shocking at all.
My bad, didn't realize Seattle was the #6 seed (thought GB was). Piling on both AZ and Sea now, only problem is most likely everyone else in my draft will be too.

I ended up going Cam 1st this morning. Assuming Seattle can slip by the Vikes; I think the winner of the Sea/Car game holds the most value. Almost went Wilson because of the extra game, but Carolina being at home and Cam's rushing points pushed me that way. I'm hoping to stack later on with Olsen, Ginn, Funchess, Stewart or their defense, etc.

Honestly though, this might have been the rare year where a later pick may be better. Someone has to come out of the AFC so an innocuous looking stack like Smith/Maclin, Manning/Sanders or Dalton/Eifert could push someone to the top as well. You could potentially get a guy like David Johnson or A Brown in the first and end up with one of those stacks later. Everything is risky in the playoffs, but a better chance of something like that panning out this year it seems.

I know seedings are still sorting themselves out, but we know all the playoff teams now. The afternoon games may tweak things a bit, but I was jotting down some preliminary rankings as I have a slow draft starting in the morning and I have the first pick. Below are my first thoughts......interested in input and anyone I may have missed. As for the 1st overall pick, I'm torn. Usually you'd take the QB of the Superbowl favorite, at least in non-PPR leagues where QB's are even more critical to getting through. This year, though; I don't think there's really a clear cut favorite. Brady? Hasn't looked great lately and Pats seem vulnerable. Cam? A FF machine but might be tough getting through a SEA/AZ combo? Palmer? Is A Brown a possibility? David Johnson? I'm leaning towards Palmer thinking I could stack at least 1 of his WR at the 2/3 turn, but am looking for thoughts here as well.

QB:

Palmer

Cam

Brady

Wilson

Roethlisberger

Rodgers

Osweiler- any chance Manning plays? How high does he go if DEN is the #1 seed?

Dalton?

Cousins

Smith

Hoyer

Bridgewater

RB:

Really tough here; very few sure things.

D Johnson- huge positional advantage? How much will Ellington be in the mix? Is Chris Johnson coming back?

D Will- how hurt is he?

Stewart- how hurt is he?

Lynch- coming back?

CJ Anderson

Lacy

Hillman

AP

Hill

White

Morris

Bernard

West

Blue

Ware

Steven Jackson?

WR:

Brown

D Thomas

Fitz

Floyd

Sanders

Green

Baldwin

Edelman- coming back?

Ginn

Cobb

Hopkins

Maclin

M Bryant

J Brown

Lockett

Funchess

D. Jackson

Adams

Garcon

Kearse

Wheaton

Diggs

Lafell

Amendola

TE:

Gronk

Olsen

Eifert

Reed

Kelce

Miller

Daniels

Rodgers

Fells

Griffin

Willson

Rudolph
Thanks for your initial efforts as we all take a deep breath to take it all in.

I'd say the top QB's to have are in this order - based upon team strength to advance.

1. Palmer - regardless of how they looked in week 17 ARI has the best team.

2. Newton - Awesome player, can they get by SEA and ARI?

3. Big Ben - what the heck, dangerous offensive team that can beat anybody, defense okay.

4. Wilson - SEA could run the table

3/4. I think I would go with Wilson over Big Ben if I'm sitting with this choice.

5. Brady - Just because. They've played horribly lately, but could find their way with rest and healing up players.

6. Manning - well, well, well

7-12. The rest - anyone could come out and surprise us.

RB's / WR's / TE's / K's / D's seem pretty kosher...and based upon teams winning and advancing.

Overall besides the top QB's one must look at D Johnson and A Brown, and perhaps the injured RB's, as first round picks.

A.Brown has been average vs Cincy this season

More I think about it, the more Palmer stands out as my first choice at 1.1. He likely gets Was/GB (unless Min beats Sea) where Cam gets Sea (assuming what we all assume). I like Palmers chances at advancing much better than Cam's. I think I prefer Wilson over Cam because that Car/Sea divisional game seems like a toss up to me, and Seattle gets the extra game. For me, I am leaning:

Palmer

Wilson

Cam

D.Johnson

My top 4. As a dynasty Ben owner, I dont like him on the road. Also, if DeAngelo is out, I dont think they get out of the wildcard game.

Just finished first 5 rounds with 2 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 K and 2 DEF:

#2 pick and went: Wilson, Palmer, Baldwin, Floyd, White.

Couldn't resist Palmer in round 2 even though I already had an NFC QB

What about DFS rankings for week 1? Anybody care to ring off their top 5/10 at each position?

BustedKnuckles said:
A.Brown has been average vs Cincy this season
This is something that stuck out to me today when reviewing DFS plays. A Green has had two great games so in DFS is may be the contrarian play to fade brown and sub green in 1 week plays. For the long haul, brown is the choice.

Ok, who the hell was taken between Wilson and Palmer?

I think an argument could be made to take Palmer 1 overall.

Brown, Wilson (me), Cam, Gronk, Thomas, Brady, Roethlisberger, Green, Rodgers, Edelman, Palmer (me), David Johnson

non ppr draft started this morning, same format as above

Newton

Palmer

Brady

Wilson

Roethlisberger

Cousins

David Johnson

Gronk

Brown, Wilson (me), Cam, Gronk, Thomas, Brady, Roethlisberger, Green, Rodgers, Edelman, Palmer (me), David Johnson
Rodgers over Palmer? No. Rodgers is an underdog this week.... Palmer seems like a lock for at least 2 games. Can't see GB/Wash going into Arizona and beating a rested Cards team.

You sure killed that draft if you can start 2 qbs.

Users who are viewing this thread