What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calvin Johnson to retire - CONFIRMED (1 Viewer)

Deamon

Footballguy
Shocking news to be released tomorrow apparently.

EDT: Didn't happen.... source might have been wrong, sorry guys.

EDT2: Calvin Caldwell on Jan 4th he was retiring but they kept it quiet till today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't be that big of a deal. They don't use him correctly unless it is a meaningless game. Caldwell's v-jay-jay hurts too much, when games count, to take a chance throwing into double coverage. His talent was being wasted by that loser and it looks like the loser ownership is going to continue with the status quo.

15 targets in a meaningless game. Most since week 2. Eff you Caldwell, you giant wussified POS.

This whole thread seems like attention-w###ing.
I don't start threads for attention haha. Again it may be wrong, I was shocked myself. But he swears its happening.
You'll be a FBG god if it happens
Don't care about that. And I know it'll look stupid if he doesn't. But was told by someone who works for the lions that its happening so wanted to share with the group. Don't crucify me if its wrong haha

what is your source?
Can't say. Hey he could be wrong, I don't wanna look like a total tool if it doesn't happen which I know I'm risking. But just watch tomorrow.
Too late, you are a tool.

Doesnt even matter if you really do have a source, threads like this are just idiotic.
ok cool. my apologies it upset you.

what is your source?
Can't say. Hey he could be wrong, I don't wanna look like a total tool if it doesn't happen which I know I'm risking. But just watch tomorrow.
Too late, you are a tool.Doesnt even matter if you really do have a source, threads like this are just idiotic.
gtfo here man. If this is legit news with an inside source it absolutely belongs here and nothing idiotic about it. Yeah let's tell all the people with inside info they are idiots for posting.

I don't start threads for attention haha. Again it may be wrong, I was shocked myself. But he swears its happening.
Funny story: about 10 years ago right after the draft I was told that the Panthers were going to cut Keyshawn Johnson. I said, no way, they just drafted Jarret for him to mentor. Thought about starting a thread here, but didn't for the reasons you see here. A couple of days later, bam.

Hope you're wrong because I like watching him play, but it would be nice to see you validated.

Funny story: about 10 years ago right after the draft I was told that the Panthers were going to cut Keyshawn Johnson. I said, no way, they just drafted Jarret for him to mentor. Thought about starting a thread here, but didn't for the reasons you see here. A couple of days later, bam.

Hope you're wrong because I like watching him play, but it would be nice to see you validated.
haha I know, it was a risk. And may backfire, but thought people would like the heads up. If I'm wrong I'll happily delete and admit that the guy was messing with me or heard the wrong thing. Don't really want to piss anyone off here, that wasn't my intent.

Could definitely see it happening much the same as Barry Sanders.

He has a huge cap hit next year, already been talk of this being his last in Detroit. Been a beast his whole career on a mediocre team for the most part.

Tip to the OP, next time put Rumor in the title thread.

haha I know, it was a risk. And may backfire, but thought people would like the heads up. If I'm wrong I'll happily delete and admit that the guy was messing with me or heard the wrong thing. Don't really want to piss anyone off here, that wasn't my intent.
Sort of wished I had started a thread since it turned out to be correct. And it was a good source, MIL is/was (RIP) good friends with Richard Williamson and saw him at dinner and mentioned something about Keyshawn on the draft coverage (I had told her that he was sort of a jerk towards the Panthers on the coverage).

Anyway, not too crazy for him to just be tired of it, see the Lions going nowhere and the issues with long term care from head trauma and just decide to be done with it.

I could see that happen more and more going forward.

Could definitely see it happening much the same as Barry Sanders.

He has a huge cap hit next year, already been talk of this being his last in Detroit. Been a beast his whole career on a mediocre team for the most part.

Tip to the OP, next time put Rumor in the title thread.
Just changed it, my bad.

Sort of wished I had started a thread since it turned out to be correct. And it was a good source, MIL is/was (RIP) good friends with Richard Williamson and saw him at dinner and mentioned something about Keyshawn on the draft coverage (I had told her that he was sort of a jerk towards the Panthers on the coverage).

Anyway, not too crazy for him to just be tired of it, see the Lions going nowhere and the issues with long term care from head trauma and just decide to be done with it.

I could see that happen more and more going forward.
Ya I figured he'd just go elsewhere... but maybe he has no desire to play anywhere else? Wants to walk away at top(ish) of his game? WHo knows. I'll still be surprised if it actually happens.

Users who are viewing this thread