Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Deamon

*Official 2016 Philadelphia Eagles* - The year of Change

11 minutes ago, Deamon said:

That is mindblowing.  Never even came out after a tweeked ankle or to catch a puff?

Joe Thomas should finish the year close to 10,000 IIRC. If he keeps the streak alive he'll pass 10K early next year.

Gotta be the record, right?

I almost think it's more impressive for a DB since they'd be much more prone to pull a hammy. 

BTW I was running around town last night so I listened to Merril Reese on TunedIn. Guy is a treat. I had no idea he's on his 40th year, never heard of him before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, need2know said:

Best game by eagles in awhile.  That long pass to agolar was awesome

4 hours ago, CentralPA said:

And he ####### caught it!!!!

The pass had just enough air under it that everyone in the stadium had time to see it go up, see how open the receiver was, and see that it was Agholor tracking it. It seemed like the whole place went silent for that splint second and then majorly exhaled when he didn't drop it.  

8 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Since joining the #Eagles in 2014, Malcolm Jenkins has missed just eight total defensive snaps. Eight! He's played 3,351 of 3,359.

Pfft we should have signed Byrd

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CentralPA said:

Ryan Mathews with a herniated disk in his back.  Doubt we see him in an Eagles jersey ever again.

Guy just cannot stay healthy.

3 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Vikings' 1st round pick owned by the Eagles can be as high as 9th overall. Won't be lower than 17th. If season ended today, it'd be 14th.

If we finish with a lower draft spot than the Vikings, I don't see how anyone doesn't consider this season a huge success. We got Carson's rookie jitters out of the way in the first season instead of having to wait till next year. He will have 16 games of film to watch on himself to see exactly what he needs to fix in his first full NFL offseason. Then we get to see what kind of moves Howie is going to make to improve us going forward.

The short sighted people love to rip on him ( heard the old he's not a football guy a lot last month or so) but getting Wentz was amazing in and of itself. Vaitai, Seumalo and Mills all seem like at the very least good depth and all have shown flashes of something more. Smallwood is an incomplete due to injury. Not bad a non football guy. 

Plus even though some are pining for Maxwell, Demarco and Alonso to return, getting rid of the contracts was a big step towards making us viable players in free agency going forward. 

We need only look at Tennessee and Tampa to see the potential of a 2nd year stud QB and what he can mean to a team. I'm excited for 2017.

• Like 4

On 12/23/2016 at 1:28 PM, The Noid said:

The pass had just enough air under it that everyone in the stadium had time to see it go up, see how open the receiver was, and see that it was Agholor tracking it. It seemed like the whole place went silent for that splint second and then majorly exhaled when he didn't drop it.  

I know he drives you guys crazy with his hands.  It seems he doesn't have trouble getting open at all.  Would you guys find a way to keep him on your dynasty roster considering what you've seen of him this year?

On 12/23/2016 at 0:52 PM, CentralPA said:

Ryan Mathews with a herniated disk in his back.  Doubt we see him in an Eagles jersey ever again.

Any chance they give the job to Smallwood or will they probably just draft someone to be the starter.

18 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Any chance they give the job to Smallwood or will they probably just draft someone to be the starter.

I would guess neither.  They have a lot of holes to fill on ol and in the secondary that I doubt they will put the draft resources into a big ticket rb starter.  I suspect a committee next year with Smallwood, sproles, and someone else (and maybe barner if he recovers well).  Though my guess is that Smallwood would have a chance to emerge as the lead back.

2 hours ago, Dedfin said:

I know he drives you guys crazy with his hands.  It seems he doesn't have trouble getting open at all.  Would you guys find a way to keep him on your dynasty roster considering what you've seen of him this year?

Find a way?  Probably not.  But wouldn't necessarily write him off.  Would depend on when keepers are due and what the other options are.

Well we have 9 draft picks right now. 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7.  I think they could take a flyer on a RB with one of those 4ths maybe.  

27 minutes ago, Insein said:

Well we have 9 draft picks right now. 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7.  I think they could take a flyer on a RB with one of those 4ths maybe.  

Sure.  Just not seeing that as drafting someone to be the starter.

26 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Not specifically no. But RB is that one position where a starter can come from anywhere.

On 2016-01-03 at 9:22 PM, Deamon said:

Adam Gase Scheduled Interviews:

Tuesday - Philadelphia

Wednesday - Cleveland

Thursday - Miami

On 2016-01-03 at 9:32 PM, Amused to Death said:

Don't let him leave.

Gase sure has done a nice job in Miami.  Who would have thought that he would have taken that 6-10 team to a 10 or 11 win season and playoffs.  I still can't figure out how Miami is in the playoffs but he probably has a lot to do with it.  Might have been a good signing for us.

21 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Dixon and Howard type guys can be had in the 4/5 rounds and can both be efficient starters.  If a 3rd round prospect falls to us in the 4th I wouldn't be upset at all about taking him.  We need a good RB in Petersons offense, he was very successful with them in KC, and I can't even imagine how good Murray would have been with him this year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Dixon and Howard type guys can be had in the 4/5 rounds and can both be efficient starters.  If a 3rd round prospect falls to us in the 4th I wouldn't be upset at all about taking him.  We need a good RB in Petersons offense, he was very successful with them in KC, and I can't even imagine how good Murray would have been with him this year.

Agree with all except Murray. He wanted out. He would have been miserable and the fans would have made it worse. It made sense for both parties to move on. 

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Gase sure has done a nice job in Miami.  Who would have thought that he would have taken that 6-10 team to a 10 or 11 win season and playoffs.  I still can't figure out how Miami is in the playoffs but he probably has a lot to do with it.  Might have been a good signing for us.

There's not a single HC in the league or HOF who was succeeding with a rookie QB, bottom 3 WR's and bottom 3 CB's in a passing league. 

We have also had like the 4th toughtes shedule in the league compared to the Dolphins who had like the 4th easiest 

46 minutes ago, Insein said:

Agree with all except Murray. He wanted out. He would have been miserable and the fans would have made it worse. It made sense for both parties to move on. 

If Chip stayed then for sure.  I think most of the beef was with Chip and not the team.  Once Chip left, not sure Murray would have been that unhappy here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

There's not a single HC in the league or HOF who was succeeding with a rookie QB, bottom 3 WR's and bottom 3 CB's in a passing league. 

We have also had like the 4th toughtes shedule in the league compared to the Dolphins who had like the 4th easiest 

Ya, definitely lots of factors.  I just think it's hard to deny that he's done a very good job there. 

17 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

They don't fit all those very specific criteria exactly but Dallas has a rookie QB, WR's are 23rd in the NFL in yardage and they give up 6th most passing yards a game.

ETA-not even brining this up to be pro-Garrett or anti-Pederson just pointing out a few different ways you have team success even when a few negative factors exist. In the case of Dallas the OL is the cornerstone of that team and allows them to mask some deficient areas on the team.

Edited by menobrown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

If Chip stayed then for sure.  I think most of the beef was with Chip and not the team.  Once Chip left, not sure Murray would have been that unhappy here.

They wouldn't have traded him so easily if they guaged how much of a disruption he was going to be. Remember how everyone was basically calling him a quitter and a wuss for sliding? The fan base was not coming back on him. In turn he did not want to be here. Why play where you're hated? 

His production on the surface makes people forget how nasty it was for him.

1 minute ago, Insein said:

They wouldn't have traded him so easily if they guaged how much of a disruption he was going to be. Remember how everyone was basically calling him a quitter and a wuss for sliding? The fan base was not coming back on him. In turn he did not want to be here. Why play where you're hated? 

His production on the surface makes people forget how nasty it was for him.

:lol: Oh, the irony.

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

They don't fit all those very specific criteria exactly but Dallas has a rookie QB, WR's are 23rd in the NFL in yardage and they give up 6th most passing yards a game.

ETA-not even brining this up to be pro-Garrett or anti-Pederson just pointing out a few different ways you have team success even when a few negative factors exist. In the case of Dallas the OL is the cornerstone of that team and allows them to mask some deficient areas on the team.

Dallas has talent. Those WR's may be 23rd in yardage but one is top 10 in the league. Hell, how many positions, on offense, does Dallas have a top 5-10 guy? WR, RB, LT, C, RG and RT? No offense to what he's done this year but Dak is probably like the 5-6 best player on that side of the ball.  

Dallas i believe had an even easier schedule than Miami too. 

Im not knocking what Gase did in Miami. Just comparing the2 teams, schedule, players etc. Had he been here we'd have a very similar record is all. 

13 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Dallas has talent. Those WR's may be 23rd in yardage but one is top 10 in the league. Hell, how many positions, on offense, does Dallas have a top 5-10 guy? WR, RB, LT, C, RG and RT? No offense to what he's done this year but Dak is probably like the 5-6 best player on that side of the ball.  

Im not knocking what Gase did in Miami. Just comparing the2 teams, schedule, players etc. Had he been here we'd have a very similar record is all. 

Plus that yardage stat is very misleading.  With that line and Elliott, they're a run first team.  They're third in the league with rushes and dead last in pass attempts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Dak is 5-6 best player on the offense? Hater glasses on thick here.... Dak's a General out there, unheard of for a rookie.

16 minutes ago, G-King said:

Dak is 5-6 best player on the offense? Hater glasses on thick here.... Dak's a General out there, unheard of for a rookie.

I didnt get the impression that calling Dak 5-6 on that offense was an insult.  May turn out to be incorrect long term, but with Elliott, Dez, Smith, Martin, Frederick it's not an unreasonable opinion.

its just a freaking stacked offense and isn't going anywhere, unfortunately

Edited by Ted Lange as your Bartender

1 hour ago, G-King said:

54 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

I didnt get the impression that calling Dak 5-6 on that offense was an insult.  May turn out to be incorrect long term, but with Elliott, Dez, Smith, Martin, Frederick it's not an unreasonable opinion.

its just a freaking stacked offense and isn't going anywhere, unfortunately

What @Ted Lange as your Bartender said. Those names above are all rock solid, top 5 players in the league at their positions. As good as Dak has been, it's been because he has a great supporting cast. 

*ETA*

Zeke, Smith, Martin and Frederick are arguably #1 at their positions as well. How many other teams in the league have 4 players who are the best at their respective positions? 

Edited by Bigboy10182000

On Sunday, December 25, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Dedfin said:

Probably unless it was smallish rosters. Worth holding at least into the start of next year I think

5 hours ago, G-King said:

You can't ask for a better situation or supporting cast for a rookie QB to step into. Dak has certainly impressed, but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he's a top 5 QB or ever will be. Calling him the fifth or sixth best offensive player on THAT team is hardly an insult

2 hours ago, renesauz said:

You can't ask for a better situation or supporting cast for a rookie QB to step into. Dak has certainly impressed, but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he's a top 5 QB or ever will be. Calling him the fifth or sixth best offensive player on THAT team is hardly an insult

Throw Witten in there and you can argue he's seventh :scared:

19 hours ago, Deamon said:

Miami played 5 teams with winning records: 1-4

Miami played 10 teams with losing records: 9-1

Eagles played 4 teams with losing records 3-1

Eagles played 11 teams with winning records: 3-8

I don't think we can conclude that Gase would have been a better signing than Pederson yet.

17 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Cowboys have beat GB/Pitts/TB/Det/Minny/Balt/Wash x2 all teams that were in the playoff hunt.

On 12/26/2016 at 3:32 PM, Deamon said:

Ya, definitely lots of factors.  I just think it's hard to deny that he's done a very good job there. 

only thing i would question is he was supposed to be a QB guru and that is why they brought him there. Not sure if Tannehill has become what everyone thought he would be yet. also not srue how much of that is on Gase and how much is you can't make every potential QB a superstar

and if i remember correctly they have had issues there. i think the beginning of the year there was talks of a mutiny with the team, no?

8 hours ago, Bankerguy said:

Cowboys have beat GB/Pitts/TB/Det/Minny/Balt/Wash x2 all teams that were in the playoff hunt.

True. You have me mistaken if you think I don't see the talent on the Cowboys roster. They're legit and winning the SB unless something drastic happens. 

2 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

True. You have me mistaken if you think I don't see the talent on the Cowboys roster. They're legit and winning the SB unless something drastic happens. 

Drastic like run into the Patriots? Hell I think the Packers beat them in Round 2.

21 hours ago, dhockster said:

Miami played 5 teams with winning records: 1-4

Miami played 10 teams with losing records: 9-1

Eagles played 4 teams with losing records 3-1

Eagles played 11 teams with winning records: 3-8

I don't think we can conclude that Gase would have been a better signing than Pederson yet.

Absolutely insane statistic. Even more so when you consider five in a row against teams coming off of byes

Edited by renesauz

1 hour ago, renesauz said:

Absolutely insane statistic. Even more so when you consider five in a row against teams coming off of byes

Yep, and if we can finish 7-9, I'd say that's a pretty good Rookie year for both QB and Coach. Hopefully when people have some time away from the season, that will be the narrative. My fear is the idiots on talk radio will keep pounding the Doug is an idiot drum and Howie is not a football guy so this team is doomed till they change.  

Beating Dallas at home to end the season would most definitely leave a better taste in the mouth heading into the offseason but, I'm okay finishing 6-10. While we have holes to fill and we need to address those, there are also plenty of positives to reflect on and build upon from this season. Let's see how things shake out before we scream for heads to roll....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Beating Dallas at home to end the season would most definitely leave a better taste in the mouth heading into the offseason but, I'm okay finishing 6-10. While we have holes to fill and we need to address those, there are also plenty of positives to reflect on and build upon from this season. Let's see how things shake out before we scream for heads to roll....

Another meaningless game that can drop our 2nd round draft pick.  Dallas also won't be playing all their starters.  They say they will play all their 'healthy' starters, but have a feeling there will be lots of minor 'injuries' popping up on their report this week.  I don't blame them, but I don't think we see their team at near full power this week.

4 hours ago, Insein said:

Yep, and if we can finish 7-9, I'd say that's a pretty good Rookie year for both QB and Coach. Hopefully when people have some time away from the season, that will be the narrative. My fear is the idiots on talk radio will keep pounding the Doug is an idiot drum and Howie is not a football guy so this team is doomed till they change.  

Listening to Gargano this morning was cringe-worthy.  Just rehashing every mistake Pederson made this year as reasons to dump him and hire Josh McDaniels.  The last thing we need is to start a coaching carousel in Wentz's formative years.  I think back to the offseason when the narrative was rebuilding year, rookie head coach with a placeholder QB (Bradford), maybe get Wentz some playing time, expecting a 5 or 6 win season (maybe 7).  I also remember when Pederson was hired the talk was he would need some seasoning before he's ready to be a HC but the Eagles wanted him and were willing to give the time.

Then they went out and started 3-0 and everyone's expectations went up and anything less than a playoff berth was a failure.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Listening to Gargano this morning was cringe-worthy.  Just rehashing every mistake Pederson made this year as reasons to dump him and hire Josh McDaniels.  The last thing we need is to start a coaching carousel in Wentz's formative years.  I think back to the offseason when the narrative was rebuilding year, rookie head coach with a placeholder QB (Bradford), maybe get Wentz some playing time, expecting a 5 or 6 win season (maybe 7).  I also remember when Pederson was hired the talk was he would need some seasoning before he's ready to be a HC but the Eagles wanted him and were willing to give the time.

Then they went out and started 3-0 and everyone's expectations went up and anything less than a playoff berth was a failure.

Yea it's ridiculous. Most of the failures this year can be attributed to a brand new Offensive scheme, a brand new defensive scheme, whole new coaching staff and drastic turnover on the roster due to the previous coach/GM screwing up. And yet we're still about to finish 7-9. Same as last year. 

People have all this patience for Sixers, Flyers and Phillies but there is zero patience for the Eagles.

10 minutes ago, Insein said:

Yea it's ridiculous. Most of the failures this year can be attributed to a brand new Offensive scheme, a brand new defensive scheme, whole new coaching staff and drastic turnover on the roster due to the previous coach/GM screwing up. And yet we're still about to finish 7-9. Same as last year. 

People have all this patience for Sixers, Flyers and Phillies but there is zero patience for the Eagles.

I'd also add that being down to their 4th or 5th RT didn't help much either.  Yeah, Doug had some screw ups, but he's got to have a chance to correct them.  As a fan I love the aggressiveness but it may not always be the best football decision.  Maybe tone that down just a bit.

• Like 1

The 3-0 start has nothing to do with what we're hearing now and will hear for the next 8 months. This was going to happen to Doug, Howie or Wentz no matter what. Wentz played well, Howie made great moves in the off-season so that only left one. Our media and a large part of our fanbase aren't as bright as their given credit for. They're awful. 90% of the people in the media and fans are about to be correct on their pre-season prediction and it still won't matter. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

The 3-0 start has nothing to do with what we're hearing now and will hear for the next 8 months. This was going to happen to Doug, Howie or Wentz no matter what. Wentz played well, Howie made great moves in the off-season so that only left one. Our media and a large part of our fanbase aren't as bright as their given credit for. They're awful. 90% of the people in the media and fans are about to be correct on their pre-season prediction and it still won't matter. 

Always emotion is the future. 

Our fanbase can talk all they want in the summer but when it gets into the week to week, they all lose their F'n minds. Super bowl one week and never win a game again the next.  It's our talk radio morons that I blame for feeding the hysteria. They know what their doing. 

I heard Matt Lombardo yesterday, a supposedly knowledgeable football writer, go on and on about how clueless Doug is and that Carson is not as good as advertised, that Schwartz needs to be gone yesterday because it's his fault Connor Barwin and others underachieved in the 2nd half. He literally said that this looks like the last few years under Billy Davis despite being a completely different scheme. Well then genius, maybe it's not the scheme. Maybe we need to start looking at the common denominator. The players.

When we get talent in here at the skill positions (WR, RB, CB) this team will go further.

1 hour ago, Insein said:

When we get talent in here at the skill positions (WR, RB, CB) this team will go further.

This is it, period. Sadly, this doesn't get clicks or cause people to call in. Talk radio has actually gotten worse. I never thought that could be a thing but it is. Ever since the 5 months of "trade everything for Mariota" radio hasn't been the same here. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2016 at 5:22 AM, renesauz said:

It's painful, but the Cowboys have drafted very, very well lately.

• Like 1