What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2016 Philadelphia Eagles* - The year of Change (1 Viewer)

As far as the draft it HAS to be ANY playmaker (WR or RB) on offense and CB with our first two picks.  The good thing is that we should be able to get a good one at either one they decide to go with. 

I know some people are still bitter but you have to give it up to big red. 12-4 and a first round bye. Guy gets it done in the regular season. They might actually get to the AFC Championship this year. 

I still think we needed to part ways but I'm actually happy for him.

Coin flip to see if we get 14 or 15. Still damn good IMO. 
Agreed, MINN hooked us up after the 5-0 start to get this early. IND is the other team in the coinflip and could be in play at CB I would think so hope we win.

With Kendricks is he past the point of having trade value to a team like NO?

I know some people are still bitter but you have to give it up to big red. 12-4 and a first round bye. Guy gets it done in the regular season. They might actually get to the AFC Championship this year. 

I'm happy for him as well. I truly believe he was trying to part ways with us by making Juan Castillo DC though lol. His record has been very nice since heading to KC

Just hoping we don't get poached for coaches this year too. I personally thought this staff did very well with what it had to work with. 

7-9 with nothing on offense and a rookie QB. Add in so many close games and 4 loses to 10+ win teams and it makes me feel good about our future. 

Don't see any way Kendricks is here next year.
Pederson on kendricks (from bleedinggreennation):

What do you think of Mychal Kendricks’ season?

“I’ll tell you, it’s tough. He’s that sort of swing linebacker. Teams play so much what we call 11 personnel, that he’s just, by the nature of the game, not on the field. And learning a new scheme, learning that position, like I tell the team all the time, you’re not going to be perfect. It’s how you respond. I thought he hung in there and battled. Was it always right? No, probably not. But at the same time, he’s a big part of that defense, very athletic, very talented, and just something that’s by the nature of the game plans, he’s not on the field enough.

“I think he’s a perfect fit for this system, that backside linebacker. He can run sideline to sideline, he’s a physical guy. Going into this offseason he’ll have a full season of digesting the defense and the scheme. And I expect some good things coming up through OTAs, next year, and training camp.”

Basically doesn't mean anything now that i read it, but i already copied and pasted it so  :shrug:

Just hoping we don't get poached for coaches this year too. I personally thought this staff did very well with what it had to work with. 

7-9 with nothing on offense and a rookie QB. Add in so many close games and 4 loses to 10+ win teams and it makes me feel good about our future. 
the only name i have heard a few times is Reich. that would suck, but having him for one year was better then nothing

Where does O-Line rank in that list? Just the few Eagles games I have watched this year, it seems like something that needs to be addressed as well.
Oline was decimated by injuries and a 10 game suspension for Johnson.  Seamalu and Vaitai will be good going forward,  Still need to draft guys cause you always need depth but when your down to Barbre at RT, you ain't doing much.
I agree with this. O-line needs some depth but isn't without some talent. It needs attention but isn't near as dire a need as the O-skill positions (excepting QB of course)

Be awesome if we could get fournette or peppers
Want nothing to do with Peppers. Man without a position and doesn't cover well. 

And never a big fan of drafting RBs that high. WR doesn't seem great this year but if Williams falls to 15 take him else go CB although can get decent CB talent in the 2nd too. 

And never a big fan of drafting RBs that high. WR doesn't seem great this year but if Williams falls to 15 take him else go CB although can get decent CB talent in the 2nd too. 
Williams is going to be a top ten pick

Ill take a star at RB though.  This year will have 2 in Fournette and Cook IMO.  

Williams is going to be a top ten pick
Maybe. He had some medical hurdles to go through and it will be interested to see what he runs. Either way we should have a chance at a really good player. Just need to hit. 

Looking over the FA WR list for this year to see what's there besides the older guys and top tier/Alshon and would like to see them make a play for Kenny Stills but also wanted to get thoughts on Robert Woods? I don't watch the Bills, he's only 24 and hasn't had the best QB play so may be some upside? Then there's Wheaton from PIT I'm not as high on. We are so bad at WR we need to draft high and also hit FA.....who do you like? 

Looking over the FA WR list for this year to see what's there besides the older guys and top tier/Alshon and would like to see them make a play for Kenny Stills but also wanted to get thoughts on Robert Woods? I don't watch the Bills, he's only 24 and hasn't had the best QB play so may be some upside? Then there's Wheaton from PIT I'm not as high on. We are so bad at WR we need to draft high and also hit FA.....who do you like? 
Would LOVE to see Woods brought in. He's a quality WR and shouldn't be too terribly expensive. He's performed very well given his circumstances

Would LOVE to see Woods brought in. He's a quality WR and shouldn't be too terribly expensive. He's performed very well given his circumstances
i don't know, we got plenty of WR2s here right now. I'm happy to not make a huge splash in free agency this year too, but i don't know if a guy like Woods helps us tremendously with the WRs we have now. 

Love to get a vet WR so we can draft elsewhere.  We have enough young WR's - they need a vet WR on board.  Le's get some young blood at CB - although, going BPA is going to be play of course, but hopefully it'll all line up.  Supposedly there's lots of CB prospects that are good in the 2nd round.

i don't know, we got plenty of WR2s here right now. I'm happy to not make a huge splash in free agency this year too, but i don't know if a guy like Woods helps us tremendously with the WRs we have now. 
He's performed as a #1 before, and would be better than any #2 we have at the moment. Certainly a significant improvement over Nelson to this point. He's young but has more experience than what we have, and still has some more upside. The cost would be right against what we have cap wise as well

I am too. I know the sports radio angle gets brought up a lot but you guys do realize that it's like the 20 same nimrods that call in like end-of-the-world maniacs? Most people are somewhat reasonable and probably wish the big fella luck. I for damn sure will be rooting for him even if I'm sour about his use of Ware LOL

Agreed. Fipp is #1 on "do not let go" list!

If not Jefferey you HAVE to get the best deep threat out there. I don't care if it's Stills or D-Jax if the money is right. 
I think Stills would fit the need perfectly and we draft the #1 to develop. Not seeing where we have the money to sign Jeffrey and we already have one guy to play PED police with on the roster. 

Ill take a star at RB though.  This year will have 2 in Fournette and Cook IMO.  

Maybe. He had some medical hurdles to go through and it will be interested to see what he runs. Either way we should have a chance at a really good player. Just need to hit. 
Almost forgot about cook.  I think I would rather have him.  We could get one of those if we wanted rb

Be awesome if we could get fournette or peppers
I'd love Fournette or Cook I'm not high on the WRs in this draft and after the last few yrs of taking a WR high I think we're much better off going through FA. In a perfect world I'd take Pryor, Jackson, Mathews, DGB. Agholar as our 5 WRs and take a RB in the First round Fournette or Delvin Cook or one of the CBs. Being biased and a Florida fan I'd love Tabor or Wilson. I was sold on VH3 last year with our pick till we got Wentz who I loved in College. I'm a big fan of the FCS playoff system and it's one of my favorite times of College Football all year. 

Either way I haven't posted on here in yrs but read the board a ton and you guys do a great job. Hoping to get on here and talk more because I belong to another board where most of the guys just regurgitate what the idiots on Sports talk say. The other reason is I wanted to comment on peppers. A lot of people believe he's a 3-4 guy. He would've been a great pick if we ran the 3-4 and Chip was here still but he doesn't fit in the Eagles D Scheme under Schwartz. Bleeding Green was going through Mocks by people and someone put Peppers in for us. BGN basically said it was a guy just trying to fit a name who they thought should go high. We don't need Peppers at Safety and he doesn't fit at LB do to the scheme. I'd love a physical athletic playmaking talent like him but he just doesn't fit the system. 

I agree with this. O-line needs some depth but isn't without some talent. It needs attention but isn't near as dire a need as the O-skill positions (excepting QB of course)
I think we did well with the picks of Seamulo (SP) who can play all over I think played RG/LG/RT for us already but could be replacing Kelce at C his natural Pos. Dude looks like a keeper. I think we also did well with Big V. Yeah he had a rough go to start (It's a hell of a task to guard Ryan Kerrigan in your 1st NFL Game. Welcome to the league Kid) but really did a solid job after that. If Peters hopefully comes back it gives him one more year for them to develop. I'd like them to get a veteran or two similar to Wiz. I have no problem keeping him but money could be a factor as well as him wanting to start. Draft another guy or two to develop. If We can replace Barbere I'd be happy as well and upgrade there. I don't think the line is terrible but when your down to your 4th string RT your line isn't gonna look so hot. Those two young rookies could've made it worse but they showed up and held their own. Props to them and it got them valueable game experience in the regular season. 

If not Jefferey you HAVE to get the best deep threat out there. I don't care if it's Stills or D-Jax if the money is right. 
I honestly want nothing to do with Jefferey's. I was never a big fan of his in college and after that failed test and having Lane are we really gonna take another guy there like that? I get circumstances with lane are different but still that's a huge risk. Jefferey has gotten more injury prone lately as well and my cousin's Father in law is a big Chicago Bears fan. Apparently theres talk about Jefferey having a poor work ethic or something in there as well. Many DH knows more or could elaborate but I thought I heard or read elsewhere besides my cousins FIL there were work ethic concerns. Plus I don't think making a huge splash at 1 pos does us any good at all with our cap space. 

I am too. I know the sports radio angle gets brought up a lot but you guys do realize that it's like the 20 same nimrods that call in like end-of-the-world maniacs? Most people are somewhat reasonable and probably wish the big fella luck. I for damn sure will be rooting for him even if I'm sour about his use of Ware LOL
I'll be rooting for him for the Simple fact I've got some personal interest. My Cousin coached Andy's youngest son in Wrestling At Harrington around the same time the Reid's went through the issues with his older brothers. Andy offered my cousin a ticket and sideline pass for the 04 SB. One my cousin told him no as teachers couldn't accept such gifts and 2 he probably didn't want his son hearing some of the language he'd be yelling at his dad for some of his "questionable" playcalling. Andy took it in stride and laughed it off. 

Another reason is Dino Vasso. I work with his mom and he's Pederson's Assistiant Secondary Coach helping Corey Udlin. He was in KC and Andy Reid got him his 1st NFL job Andy's first year in KC. On an Interesting note Dino played football at Springfield in Springfield, PA, Went to New Hampshire for football and his first year OC was Chip Kelly who he stayed in touch with. Dino's mom said Chip was a weird bird. Dino went to Grad School at Mizzo as an Assistant and right after that first NFL interview was with KC. Andy hired him on the spot. Doug promised Vasso if he came to Philly and got the HC job he'd take Dino home and he did. i've always liked Andy and he's an amazing person. I work in retail and there was this women when the Reid's went through their issues behind me as I was checking people out. She was talking mad **** on The Reid family saying how she is in their district and basically saying they did stuff to make themselves look good. I turned around and told her completely off. She was so surprised and I think others were too. I told her how my cousin knew the family being a teacher among everything and how they are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Tami is a great person who did a lot for the school district and still does a few things. Either way she checked out and ran off this women. I besically told her she was just jealous of their life style and being a regular customer here no wonder she was jealous because she always complained how bad her own life was and it just made her feel better trying to put others down not just the Reid but she's done it to other customers and my co workers. My Boss wasn't too happy with me at first but when I explained the issue he said don't tell me more as I don't deal with issues outside the work place. 

For all those reasons I'll always root for Big Red. Plus I've always been a huge Eric Berry fan despite being a Florida fan. I think People get mad at Andy since he never won the big one but he gave us the best decade or so of Eagles Football in a very long time. I'll always be grateful for that and I got some great yrs and memories out of it with my late Pop-Pop out of it. Dam shame we never won a SB but Andy is one of the greatest Football coaches ever here despite not bringing that trophy down Broad Street. 

DJackson10 said:
I honestly want nothing to do with Jefferey's. I was never a big fan of his in college and after that failed test and having Lane are we really gonna take another guy there like that? I get circumstances with lane are different but still that's a huge risk. Jefferey has gotten more injury prone lately as well and my cousin's Father in law is a big Chicago Bears fan. Apparently theres talk about Jefferey having a poor work ethic or something in there as well. Many DH knows more or could elaborate but I thought I heard or read elsewhere besides my cousins FIL there were work ethic concerns. Plus I don't think making a huge splash at 1 pos does us any good at all with our cap space. 
Under normal circumstances I wouldn't suggest paying a FA a lot of money but we don't have a normal situation at WR. The reality of the situation is that we need him....a LOT. We need a guy Carson can rely on and feed on a drive or two. We don't have anyone like that and a guy like Woods, Stills etc can't be that guy. 

Having a WR core of Jeffery, Mike Williams/ Corey Davis and Jordan Matthews in the slot along with Ertz at TE would do worlds for the offense. 

DJackson10 said:
Fipp is a great coach and he is definitely a not go. Interesting here but what is everyones take if Reich leaves maybe we bring in Mike McCoy to replace him? 
If Reich goes I'd prefer that they elevated John DeFilippo as OC and find another QB coach if possible. 

Users who are viewing this thread