What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

colin cowherd (1 Viewer)

The cowherd commercial where he is blathering on the dry cleaner pretty much just reinforce my opinion that I never ever ever want to listen to Colin cowherd.  Is that what the commercial is going for?

I gave Cowherd an extended audition that finally has come to it's end.  

His voice is whiny.  He has guests such as Rob Parker and Chris Broussard that apparently went to the Stephen A. Smith School For Yelling.

I've moved on.  Next up, Rich Eisen.  At least he concentrates on the NFL and his voice is most certainly not annoying.

I gave Cowherd an extended audition that finally has come to it's end.  

His voice is whiny.  He has guests such as Rob Parker and Chris Broussard that apparently went to the Stephen A. Smith School For Yelling.

I've moved on.  Next up, Rich Eisen.  At least he concentrates on the NFL and his voice is most certainly not annoying.
Sure it is.

He's much better than most of the alternatives. I appreciate his takes for the most part. That being said, he does repeat the same schtick over and over.

Used to listen to him when he was on earlier in the mornings (commute time) but less so now that he's on when I'm working.  His Blazin 5 are still $$$$ but I can really do without his Dr. Laura-esque soft-talking lessons that he feels emboldened to share whenever I listen now.  

nirad3 said:
Not as hot as his prior Girl Friday, Kristine Leahy.
No way.  Leahy was really cute, but kinda dumb sometimes.  Joy Taylor is stunning and can actually contribute to sports conversations in a real and meaningful way.  

I like Cowherd. Not sure why everyone seems to hate him so much.
I get why people hate him, as he is an elitist and comes off as kind of a #####, but I can handle him in small doses.  He does a few segments I enjoy. 

He’s better than Jim Rome and Skip Bayless anyway 
I agree.  He's a thousand times better, although that isn’t saying much.  Other things that are a thousand times better than Rome and Bayless include drowning and being hit in the face with a baseball bat.  Stuff like that.

He's been a narcissistic elitist since he was on 1080 The Fan in Portland in the '90s (back when it was 910 The Fan).

He loves to make dumb predictions and then either A) pretend that he didn't make them (if he was wrong), or B) spend his entire show bloviating about how smart he is (if he was right). The best part about this schtick is that he doesn't even wait until he's right or wrong to start the bloviating. So he'll make some dumb claim such as "Lamar Jackson will never be a winning NFL quarterback!", and then after Jackson wins a game he'll just say "See? I was right! The guy can only win by running the ball."

He made a tactical error by moving his show to mid-morning, but Fox gave him a pile of money and let him move to the west coast, so good for him I guess.

I agree.  He's a thousand times better, although that isn’t saying much.  Other things that are a thousand times better than Rome and Bayless include drowning and being hit in the face with a baseball bat.  Stuff like that.
:lmao: :clap:

The dulcet tones of Rich Eisen. 

Nah, I agree with nirad3. I'd rather listen to Eisen eight days a week than any of the aforementioned guys. They're kind of...well...

Terrible. 

Beginning of what?  He was a local Portland guy for like 10 years.  Somebody must have liked him to elevate him from a small market to where he is now.  

As venerable Leroy said up top, he's connected. 
Cowherd knows the deal. Say "controversial" stuff about teams/players in the limelight, sit back and reap the benefits. He doesn't take callers so he can't be called out on it. Even when he's right. He's Bayless/Screamin A, et al with a hair more class and even that's debatable. I will agree with the earlier poster that he will bring stats to back up his claims. That said, he changes those stats to fit his current narrative the next week.

PS Apple prose of nothing, we all need an Uncle Buck. That guy knew how things were

The dulcet tones of Rich Eisen. 

Nah, I agree with nirad3. I'd rather listen to Eisen eight days a week than any of the aforementioned guys. They're kind of...well...

Terrible. 
Takes glasses off.... put glasses on.... takes glasses back off.... puts them back on.... off...on...off....on...off....on....off....

And moves on to the next 30 second segment.

Sorry I watch him on Audience sometimes after DP's show :lmao:

Takes glasses off.... put glasses on.... takes glasses back off.... puts them back on.... off...on...off....on...off....on....off....

Really? I don't do sports talk so I don't know. 

That's funny.  

I just listen on phone at work.  That would probably get a little annoying on TV I suppose.

He's been a narcissistic elitist since he was on 1080 The Fan in Portland in the '90s (back when it was 910 The Fan).

He loves to make dumb predictions and then either A) pretend that he didn't make them (if he was wrong), or B) spend his entire show bloviating about how smart he is (if he was right). The best part about this schtick is that he doesn't even wait until he's right or wrong to start the bloviating. So he'll make some dumb claim such as "Lamar Jackson will never be a winning NFL quarterback!", and then after Jackson wins a game he'll just say "See? I was right! The guy can only win by running the ball."

He made a tactical error by moving his show to mid-morning, but Fox gave him a pile of money and let him move to the west coast, so good for him I guess.
I was going to bold some of your post but all of it is 100% accurate.

I noticed this with Dak. Last summer he did this whole production (which was actually compelling at the time,) and basically said Dak would be better than Cam and close to Brady.

Earlier this year he had did a similar thing but it was opposite of everything he previously said, and not once did he acknowledge his previous stance. 

So now I won’t watch him for a second. I get why he does it but I can’t respect him anymore. He’s dead to me and it’s not because I’m a Prescott fan. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Never really saw the show, but clip of Bill burr on his show somehow popped up as recommended on youtube.

is cowherd ####### serious with the height of that desk?  Looks like the old Andy Kaufman special.

Cowherd is better than most when it comes to ATS wagering and he can also talk the NBA and baseball.  He comes off as being knowledgeable and not in awe or intimidated by anyone.  He will say what  he thinks then own it.

I like the guy and think he could easily hold his own with anyone if talking sports.  Ah......just not track.

He can talk the history of things which I see as a must.

The one thing you have to give Cowherd is he will always let his guests talk if they disagree with him without shouting them down, which is not his style.  He will let his guest articulate why they think he is right and Cowherd is wrong. 

I do find it amusing how much he is in Baker Mayfield's head right now.  Browns fans will argue that it is the other way around, but Baker cannot get over Cowherd's criticism of him (many of which are still valid), and continues to rant about Cowherd on social media like a guy who can't get over it. 

I do find it amusing how much he is in Baker Mayfield's head right now.  Browns fans will argue that it is the other way around, but Baker cannot get over Cowherd's criticism of him (many of which are still valid), and continues to rant about Cowherd on social media like a guy who can't get over it. 
Full disclosure, lifetime Browns fan and never a big fan of Collin. Not on Twitter, so I have only heard about the “war” from other Browns fans but from what I heard, Cowherd took a pretty negative stance on Baker pre-draft and after Bakers initial success has pretty much denied he was negative about Baker. I don’t mind someone being wrong about something but I appreciate it when they can admit it. Perhaps he has but from what I heard second hand from Browns fan, he has not. Not saying Baker is a hall of fame guaranteed, but it was quite the rookie season. Has Cowherd given Baker credit for turning a team (that won one game over the course of 2 plus seasons) around to a respectable season and breaking the rookie passing  TD record? Maybe he has, I don’t listen to him. If he has, props to him! 

Full disclosure, lifetime Browns fan and never a big fan of Collin. Not on Twitter, so I have only heard about the “war” from other Browns fans but from what I heard, Cowherd took a pretty negative stance on Baker pre-draft and after Bakers initial success has pretty much denied he was negative about Baker. I don’t mind someone being wrong about something but I appreciate it when they can admit it. Perhaps he has but from what I heard second hand from Browns fan, he has not. Not saying Baker is a hall of fame guaranteed, but it was quite the rookie season. Has Cowherd given Baker credit for turning a team (that won one game over the course of 2 plus seasons) around to a respectable season and breaking the rookie passing  TD record? Maybe he has, I don’t listen to him. If he has, props to him! 
That is not correct, from what I have seen, and sounds like spin from Browns fans who want to trash Cowherd and prop up their new QB who has shown to have star potential.  Cowherd's stance all along has been that he prefers Darnold, and he wouldn't be comfortable with a franchise QB who acts immature by doing things like grabbing his junk and getting chased by the cops (or whatever that was).  And that is his stance about quarterbacks in general, that there should be no drama or any kind of craziness.  Even the one-sided social media war with Cowherd is a good example of Baker's immaturity.  Do you see Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, or some of the other younger guys like Darnold, DeSean Watson or Dak Prescott getting into a war of words with someone in the media just because that media member had the nerve to criticize them? 

Users who are viewing this thread