What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Superstore - New NBC Comedy from "Office" Producer (1 Viewer)

Tiger Fan

Footballguy
I thought the commercials were decent so I watched the first 3 episodes on demand. Probably a 6/10...but I think there's some potential once they get their groove going. Not much else out there IMO in the comedy realm, so I'll give it a few more shots. Think it can go either way.

The New York TimesNeil GenzlingerJan 4, 2016

[Justin Spitzer] keeps things fairly silly but does show a willingness to explore that most vexing of 21st-century problems: What is appropriate on-the-job behavior.

Philadelphia InquirerTirdad DerakhshaniJan 4, 2016
Superstore is an unimaginative, run-of-the-mill network affair full of stock characters, flat dialogue, and too many poop references.

SalonSonia SaraiyaDec 11, 2015
The show could certainly stand to find some more rhythm to its comedy, as it hammers out the right tone for the tricky comedy of minimum-wage Middle America. It’s neither the wildly confident (and brilliant) “Carmichael Show” nor the wildly predictable (and bad) “Undateable,” both on the same network. But even its raw edges and sticking points are appealing.

We Got This CoveredIsaac Feldberg Dec 9, 2015
The first four episodes are alternately warm and witty, but what's most exciting about Superstore is its potential for unabashed weirdness somewhere down the line.
All this critic's reviewsRead full review

Sioux City JournalBruce MillerDec 8, 2015
It’s better than an unadvertised special and more fun than a deep discount on Black Friday.

The Hollywood ReporterDan FienbergNov 30, 2015
Ensembles rarely jell instantly and the first four installments of Superstore show encouraging progress.

USA TodayRobert BiancoNov 30, 2015
The sense that everything you see, and every joke you hear, is being recycled--making this less a superstore than a consignment shop. The merchandise isn't terrible; some of it is even fairly nice. It's just that after so many hand-me-downs, you were hoping for something new.

Pittsburgh Post-GazetteRob OwenNov 30, 2015
Created by writer Justin Spitzer, Superstore has its funny moments as it alternately mocks People of Wal-Mart types while trying to protect the dignity of the store’s employees. It’s difficult for the show to have it both ways. Superstore is at its funniest when it’s also at its most ruthless and offensive, but those moments are few.

NewsdayVerne GayNov 30, 2015
Not terrible, not without charm, not a bad cast (in fact, a pretty good cast).... As a consequence, not particularly funny or memorable either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched episode 3 on demand last night and then the new one. This is growing on me quickly. Last nights episode had some LOL moments.

I think it's picked up. Finding their stride IMO. Still not amazing by any means, but still better than most comedies on right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caught the Olympics episode of this show.  Thought it was great.  Really liked how they wove real and fictitious Olympians into the episode.  There's a patience to the writing and performances that is off-trend but might stand out because of it.  

Still a big fan of this show.  Thought the Olympic episode was great.  Maybe that will launch the show into higher ratings this fall.  (I have no idea how it does w/ ratings currently, I just want it to hang around.)

So I can see wanting to have an ending in case they were not picked up for Season 2, but are we just supposed to ignore what happened at the end of season 1 in terms of the employee strike?

So I can see wanting to have an ending in case they were not picked up for Season 2, but are we just supposed to ignore what happened at the end of season 1 in terms of the employee strike?
Well they did come up with a transition but I guess that Olympic episode was just occurring out of time.

Favorite part of the newest show was the furniture department scene where everyone ignores the kid with his head stuck in a chair.

drunken slob said:
Always enjoyed this show. It's fading ?‍♂️, makes me sad

:banned:
I don't feel like it's fading. I thought last week's episode was very funny for the most part. The Jonah - Amy storyline may be weakening  but characters like Dina and Garrett still crack me up.

Users who are viewing this thread