What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kratom (1 Viewer)

Quez

Footballguy
On my way to work this morning I passed a vape shop by USF that said "E-Cigs / Kratom". I assumed it was some gnarly ecig brand like Lizard Juice, or Rhino Spunk, but googled anyways. It turns out it is some new drug or something. I'm not sure if its on the level of bath salts/synthetic weed or not.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of it but I saw that our sexy attorney general is going to crack down on flakka. Crazy flakka stories are always fun to read.

On a whim, I was flipping through random subreddits yesterday and there was one for kratom. From what I read, it was a herbal version of Vicodin. Looks interesting, but like all other herbal supplements except weed, it probably is not worth the risk because who knows what and how much you are taking.

Never heard of it before now, either. wiki has a big article on it. From the January 4 edition of McPaper:

(NEWSER) – There's a little green leaf that relieves pain and helps people kick heroin, but is also addictive—so should it be legal? That's what lawmakers are trying to decide about kratom, a tree-like plant from Southeast Asia, the New York Times reports. The FDA has banned kratom imports while four states (Wyoming, Vermont, Tennessee, and Indiana) have made it illegal, but more kratom bars are emerging that serve the leaf in drink form, and powdered versions are available online and everywhere from convenience stores to gas stations. "It's a mind-altering substance, so people like me who are addicts and alcoholics, they think just because it's legal, it's fine," says Florida resident Dariya Pankova, who took kratom for heroin withdrawal. "It's a huge epidemic down here, and it’s causing a lot of relapses.”

Long taken as a stimulant in countries such as Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia, kratom contains something called mitragynine that seems to cause "opiod-like effects," per Medscape. But kratom also has been linked to respiratory depression, seizures, and possibly suicide; makers of the herbal-liquid "feel good" supplement Vivazen recently removed kratom from its ingredients, Bevnet reports. Yet advocates like the American Kratom Association say the leaf helps wean people off dangerous drugs, and Reason argues that states' arguments against kratom (that it's an opioid or synthetic drug) are incorrect. "It all boils down to the interpretation of the law," says a drug official in Alabama, where one county banned all kratom products last month,ABC 3340 reports. "My district attorney interprets it [as] illegal because it hits the opiate receptor of the brain." (One country may give heroin addicts what they want: heroin.)

Ruptured a disc in my back  last week and my wife got her hands on some of this stuff.    I've only tried it a few times and I wasn't too precise with the doses, but it seems to have a very nice effect.     I've done some reading and I'm liking the potential.    Anyone else try this yet?   

Took it for 3.5 years. Do not do that unless you want a hellacious 6-8 month (not a typo) wd exercise. It was brutal to get off. I'll leave it at that.

Took it for 3.5 years. Do not do that unless you want a hellacious 6-8 month (not a typo) wd exercise. It was brutal to get off. I'll leave it at that.
Yeah, the consensus seems to only use it once or twice per week to avoid withdrawal symptoms and tolerance.    I think I used a higher dosage b/c I got more of a sedated effect (apparently lower dosage gives you more energy), but it was pretty mild.   Thinking it might be a nice compliment to the herb.    I'll probably pick up a handful of different varieties.

I never had it and know nothing about it, but they just opened up a Kava and Kratom bar in Fort Myers, FL.

http://www.kapuakavabar.com

Sounds like it's legal in most of Florida.
Legal in most states for now.   DEA was going to reclassify it as schedule I, but they've postponed for now.   Apparently, this stuff is a life saver for people trying to get off of the harder core opioids. 

Evilgrin 72 said:
I think someone needs to start a "New Drug or Cryptocurrency?" thread.

Kratom

Ethereum

Krokodil

Ripple

Jenkem

Gnosis

Revain

Flakka
Gave my wife this "quiz," she got 3/8. Could have flipped a coin and done better. 

I have a friend who does it a lot.  He lost like 30 lbs as he's never hungry anymore.  A side effect is constipation.

I've tried it.  It's a decent relaxing buzz but i wouldn't really consider it a drug.  

cosjobs said:
I went to a "Kratom bar" a couple years ago. Smoked the hell out of it and really felt nothing
LOL.  i've never heard of anyone smoking Kratom.  You're supposed to take it orally.  WTF Cos.

I have a friend who does it a lot.  He lost like 30 lbs as he's never hungry anymore.  A side effect is constipation.

I've tried it.  It's a decent relaxing buzz but i wouldn't really consider it a drug.  
I like the sound of that.   Kind of what I'm looking for in general when I just want to sit around and chill.  I'm not looking to get too high b/c then you have to come down which sucks.  Just something mild.   The appetite suppression is a nice additional benefit.   

I like the sound of that.   Kind of what I'm looking for in general when I just want to sit around and chill.  I'm not looking to get too high b/c then you have to come down which sucks.  Just something mild.   The appetite suppression is a nice additional benefit.   
You'd probably like it then.  That's exactly what it is...mild relaxing feeling with zero come down.  

I just took a couple capsules of this stuff for the first time a half hr ago on an empty stomach.  Feeling a little light headed and woozy.  AMA

I just took a couple capsules of this stuff for the first time a half hr ago on an empty stomach.  Feeling a little light headed and woozy.  AMA
Update? I am interested in hearing about any more personal experiences with this stuff. I have come to terms with the fact that I seem to be predisposed to addiction by nature - and that I need to have something to obsess over. Not a great quality, I know.

I never really did any hard drugs, but I drank poppyseed tea for several years. When I saw that it slowed down my breathing significantly while asleep, I gave it up. I replaced it with alcohol, but that has a tendency to turn me into a maniac, so it’s not a great solution. Reefer would be OK, but it’s not available in my state, or even in any state borders my state.

Ultimately, I would like to have something, safer than opiates or alcohol, that I can take a measured dose of before bed and (even if largely through placebo effect) feel like I’ve got a tiny buzz. That would feed my addictive nature and maybe even get me to bed early at night. God knows I’ve seen enough infomercials featuring Rodney Peete to last a lifetime.

So is Kratom safe? Is it useful?

Ultimately, I would like to have something, safer than opiates or alcohol, that I can take a measured dose of before bed and (even if largely through placebo effect) feel like I’ve got a tiny buzz. That would feed my addictive nature and maybe even get me to bed early at night. God knows I’ve seen enough infomercials featuring Rodney Peete to last a lifetime.

So is Kratom safe? Is it useful?
Sounds like you want a new drug.  

I had never heard of Kratom before this thread.  Here is a link to Kratom drug facts.  https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/kratom

• Kratom is a tropical tree native to Southeast Asia, with leaves that can have psychotropic effects.
  • Kratom is not currently illegal and has been easy to order on the internet.
  • Most people take kratom as a pill or capsule. Some people chew kratom leaves or brew the dried or powdered leaves as a tea. Sometimes the leaves are smoked or eaten in food. Two compounds in kratom leaves, mitragynine and 7-α-hydroxymitragynine, interact with opioid receptors in the brain, producing sedation, pleasure, and decreased pain.
  • Mitragynine can also interact with other receptor systems in the brain to produce stimulant effects.
  • Reported health effects of kratom use include nausea, sweating, seizures, and psychotic symptoms.
  • Commercial forms of kratom are sometimes laced with other compounds that have caused deaths.
  • Some users have reported becoming addicted to kratom.
  • Behavioral therapies and medications have not specifically been tested for treatment of kratom addiction.

Update?
Yea, it wore off.  

If I were you I think I'd go the CBD route.  Some people find they get a nice lil head change from it.   I'd go with some flower and a dry herb vape and then a vape pen w cartridges for more convenient and on the go hits. 

Should be lots of sales now through harvest.  I recently made an order from the Hemp Barn for 50% off.   But I've also ordered from Tweedle Farms, Apical Greens, Caliva and Dr. Ganja in the past.  

I’ve bought Kratom a couple of times and had some today. It doesn’t do much for me. I’m taking it with phenibut though and phenibut is phenomenal. 

There are different strains. I have one that is white and supposed to energize you so I’ve had it in the mornings at work and the other I have is red and it is supposed to be for relaxing. I mix it in diet green tea and it’s not the best taste either. 

No.  Was feeling tired at work one day and my boss said she had done herbal stuff that would give me some energy so I said yeah. Half hour later, I felt like I'd taken a couple pain pills and did a bump of cocaine. Ugh

Users who are viewing this thread