What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 FBG Playoff League 1 - Week 1 (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
You can find the league here. Commish password is fbgplayoff1. Use that to setup you franchise info and password.

http://www23.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/55102#0

Jeaton6 is up first, draft is on.

Took the liberty to add a flex player. You'll start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST. Scoring was imported from WSL1.

Here's the format:

A weekly draft with keepers and knockouts - 8 teams wild card weekend and divisional round, 4 teams championship round (top 4 scorers YTD), 2 teams super bowl (Top 2 championship scores), standard FBG survivor scoring and lineups, no reserves. You can keep 0, 1, or 2 players each week from the prior week. Your first kept player will be slotted as your round 7 draft pick. Your second kept player will be slotted as your round 8 draft pick.

Draft would be serpentine. WC weekend all draft spots would be picked randomly, but after that, teams would choose which spot they want - that order would be based on the prior week's scoring (so the high scorer would choose their slot first, etc.).

So after week 1, the top scorer will announce their keepers and their week 2 draft position. The 2nd high scorer will announce keepers and draft position next. Rinse and repeat.

Draft

The clock is off in MFL, we'll use this thread for accountability - so please post here and PM the next player.
The rules and scoring (same scoring as WSL)
10 rounds of drafting
No trading of picks
No trading of players
No free agent pick ups
Serpentine drafting.
No submission of rosters.

just to clarify, first week - no selection of teams not playing allowed, right?
Correct.

However one additional rule/change I didn't address. You may use your flex position to take a second QB from the same team as your first drafted QB. Basically this means the person selecting McCarron has the option to select Dalton in the last round as their flex. If both play, then you would get points for both.

Note that we redraft each week. You may only selected players from Sea, Wash, Minn, GB, Pitt, Cinn, Hou, KC this week.

Ref has been texted. Will be picking in 30-45 minutes.

Please use the pre-draft function when possible.

Correct.

However one additional rule/change I didn't address. You may use your flex position to take a second QB from the same team as your first drafted QB. Basically this means the person selecting McCarron has the option to select Dalton in the last round as their flex. If both play, then you would get points for both.
what if I want to take a another qb from a different team......?

Correct.

You can't.

Can't have two kickers, two Ds, or two QBs on different teams.

I added that rule change because someone got hosed last year with a late QB injury situation. With the Dalton/McCarron situation and potential Manning/Osw situation, I didn't want the draft to turn into a musical chair QB race or banish these guys to automatic last round status.

This way you have the option with the flex to potentially take a 0 and protect your QB investment or go all on one guy. I didn't want a team automatically eliminated due to not having a starting QB this weekend when we don't have a waiver wire.

This kind of mimics the survivor leagues where guys usually don't poach the backups to guys like Luck, Cam, Rodgers, etc.

Correct.

You forfeit your first round pick to the commish's team.

Going on six hours since the last pick?
He's in China and asked us to bear with him. Hopefully he will pre-draft the rest of the way with 5 picks in tow.

He did pick last nights at roughly 9:30 EST.

We do need to finish by tomorrow afternoon otherwise I'm going to have an issue.

Would either Ref, FUBAR, or BSS send me two picks for jeaton6. We at at 9 hours on the clock. I'll give him another hour and then we'll move on. 10 hours should be enough time to cover someones sleep time. Looks like it's around 8:35am in China right now

Bass N Brew

Toussaint, Fitzgerald PIT RB

Thu Jan 7 11:26:04 p.m. ET 2016

Go DC Yourself

Abbrederis, Jared GBP WR

Thu Jan 7 11:26:05 p.m. ET 2016

Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

Crippler

Washington, Nate HOU WR

Thu Jan 7 11:26:05 p.m. ET 2016

Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

Bro1ncos