What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Scoring System and Roster Requirements? Anyone use Point Per (1 Viewer)

Black

Footballguy
I've got a 10 team PPR league that I've commished for 10 years, and am looking to try to modernize the roster and scoring requirements. Would appreciate any insights and comments, especially with reducing Points Per Reception and about Points Per First Down.

1. Rosters

Current: (16 total on roster, 9 starters)

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR Flex

TE, K, DST

Proposed: (16 total on roster, 9 starters)

QB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE Flex, RB/WR/TE Flex,

TE, K, DST

2. Scoring: (current on the left, proposed in italics)

1 point/10 rush-rec yards

6 points/rush-rec td

5 points/pass td ----> *4 points/passing td

1 point/25 passing yards ----> *1 point/40 passing yards.

1 PPR ----> *0.5 PPR

*adding 0.5 Points for First Down.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite re-draft sets up has a lineup of:

1 QB

1 RB

1 WR

1 TE

3 R/W/T

1 K

1 DST

6 Bench

We also use full PPR for every spot, all TDs are 6 points, and then standard for yards and all that.

I like flexibility of the starting requirements. With many teams going RBBC anymore, it helps give the owners some lineup flexibility going into the draft as well as weekly lineup settings.

Straight ppfd is going to blow QB scoring through the roof, regardless of your downshift to passing TDs.

As long as that is cool with you, I think it's still a better metric than ppr, and would like to get one of my leagues to experiment with it. So far, no takers...too radical for the traditionalists...

I used to advocate for more flexes/fewer required RB/WR slots, but it's been my experience that the more flexible lineups tend to reduce league trading as well.

Straight ppfd is going to blow QB scoring through the roof, regardless of your downshift to passing TDs.

As long as that is cool with you, I think it's still a better metric than ppr, and would like to get one of my leagues to experiment with it. So far, no takers...too radical for the traditionalists...
I had not actually thought to award the QB for PPFD....if scoring was grossly suppressed for QB by giving everyone else 0.5 PPFD, I'd consider maybe 0.25 PPFD for QBs.

I used to advocate for more flexes/fewer required RB/WR slots, but it's been my experience that the more flexible lineups tend to reduce league trading as well.
I had not thought of how more flexible roster spots might affect trades. Thanks.

An interesting article I read on rotoworld (link below) mentioned how just adding additional roster spots for a position would increase the value/need for that position.

I was thinking, in addition to what is in original post, that we might eliminate the kicker position and replace it with some sort of flex.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/47757/71/to-ppr-or-not-to-ppr Part 1

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/47774/71/scoring-system-balance Part 2

I had not actually thought to award the QB for PPFD....if scoring was grossly suppressed for QB by giving everyone else 0.5 PPFD, I'd consider maybe 0.25 PPFD for QBs.
Looks like it was actually my mistake in assuming the QB was included in the first place.

I don't see anything to be gained by giving ppfd to QBs. Make ppfd a rushing/receiving stat and I think it works well at maintaining the rb/wr positional balance, and works better at rewarding actual NFL-relevant, on-field achievements than ppr does.

I commish a league that is non-PPR but gives 0.5 points per first down rushing/receiving. I like it because it makes football sense, since a first down has inherent value beyond the yardage gained (which is already scored), whereas a reception doesn't.

I am a fan of the regular PPR, QBs with 4 points per TD.

One thing I think would be interesting to add would be points for winning the game for a QB. Doesnt matter if the QB gets hurt of whatever, if you start a QB and that team wins, you get points. Maybe like 10 points.

It would put more of an importance on GOOD QBs who win games rather than the garbage time QBs who lose.

Users who are viewing this thread