What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Idol - Final Season (1 Viewer)

Maik Jeaunz

Footballguy
anyone watching? I know some people have given up on Idol, and I kinda did last season also. but since this is the final go round, I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll give mostly anything music-related a shot. plus, Harry.

so far, some pretty good talent. could end up being a strong finalist group. and some good eye candy as well.

my current favorite is the Sample girl who kept saying "sorry" last night. hot, funny, nice, and talented. her voice is probably not winning quality, but she's got everything else. also, hello Miss Alaska.

from the guy side, the dude with the guitar from the farm who had a lot of soul and blew everyone away was really good.

anyone watching? I know some people have given up on Idol, and I kinda did last season also. but since this is the final go round, I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll give mostly anything music-related a shot. plus, Harry.

so far, some pretty good talent. could end up being a strong finalist group. and some good eye candy as well.

my current favorite is the Sample girl who kept saying "sorry" last night. hot, funny, nice, and talented. her voice is probably not winning quality, but she's got everything else. also, hello Miss Alaska.

from the guy side, the dude with the guitar from the farm who had a lot of soul and blew everyone away was really good.
pretty but :porked:

I wish they would mention more in voice overs that this is the final season. I tend to forget every 4 seconds.

I thought it would have been an awesome final season, and probably pretty popular if they brought back every contestant that made it the top 16, but didn't win, over the last x seasons and had everyone try out again. It'd be interesting to see how well some of the 2nd / 3rd etc places do when paired against each other. Some seasons the talent at the top seemed much better then others.

American Idol - The 2nd chance - Final Season.

I thought it would have been an awesome final season, and probably pretty popular if they brought back every contestant that made it the top 16, but didn't win, over the last x seasons and had everyone try out again. It'd be interesting to see how well some of the 2nd / 3rd etc places do when paired against each other. Some seasons the talent at the top seemed much better then others.

American Idol - The 2nd chance - Final Season.
and then put them in a fleet of RVs, driving around the country and having random obstacle courses and things for them to compete in or they're voted out of the RV.

or something.

but yeah- I'm in... at least until I get tired of it.

Watched episode one. We record them, so I catch them sporadically when the girls are watching it. I'm sure I'll get the second episode in before next week.

pretty but :porked:
I'm totally fine with that. :wub:

Good synopsis. Agree w/ all. I've watched every season (except S1, actually) and in an odd way it's been a part of me and my wife's lives... we love watching together. So kinda sad to see it come to an end.

Gave up the last two years but watched and enjoyed both shows this week.. some :jawdrop: talent last night.

my wife has watched more htan me... she claims that the young girl with the mom in the military (Iraq?) will win this. she's usually dead-on with this... at least putting the kid in the top 3.

There are some pretty good singers that made the top 24..

But I felt two girls got hosed( the one who came down with Laryngitis and the girl at the end that went head to head vs. the Tina Turner wannabee) ..

Especially considering they put "Off the Grid" Cowboy girl through who has 0% chance of winning. :thumbdown:
That's like saying a kicker who broke his leg during try-outs got jobbed. What are they supposed to do? If you cant sing, you gotta go IMO.

But I felt two girls got hosed( the one who came down with Laryngitis and the girl at the end that went head to head vs. the Tina Turner wannabee) ..

Especially considering they put "Off the Grid" Cowboy girl through who has 0% chance of winning. :thumbdown:
That's like saying a kicker who broke his leg during try-outs got jobbed. What are they supposed to do? If you cant sing, you gotta go IMO.
But she did sing, and survived that round..

Then, IMO, killed it the next round, after which she got booted and in her place kept someone that has zero chance of winning <_<

here is a link to the one they kept :X

Last edited by a moderator:
They blew it with the final male selection. The former addict was a star ready to be discovered. What a huge missed opportunity they had with his story.

I also think they blew it with the final female as well....big time.

Jenn Blosil is amazing. I hope she makes the top 3 at least. She is a true artist.

They blew it with the final male selection. The former addict was a star ready to be discovered. What a huge missed opportunity they had with his story.

Jenn Blosil is amazing. I hope she makes the top 3 at least. She is a true artist.
She's quirky, and I know by previous seasons people like those types.. but it's the same sound for every song she's done so far.. it will get old quick IMO. :shrug:

She's quirky, and I know by previous season people like those types.. but it's the same sound for every song she's done so far.. it will get old quick IMO. :shrug:
I don't have a problem with same sound. It's her sound. She will make every song her own.

Carrie Underwood sounds like Carrie Underwood. Phil Phillips sounds like Phil Phillips. Adam Lambert....etc etc etc.

I don't want a karaoke singer. I want an artist if I am a record producer. Give me someone who does not sound like every other pop singer out there.

I want an original genuine article. She is just that.

But she did sing, and survived that round..

Then, IMO, killed it the next round, after which she got booted and in her place kept someone that has zero chance of winning <_<

here is a link to the one they kept :X
Gotcha.

Started watching the first night. Connick Jr said they were going to put through more seasoned, "ready" singers and not the young ones who need work.....

Very first girl who made it was 15 and not good, nest guy was bad too..... We stopped watching right there

Might pick back up now, but definitely not like we used to

Started watching the first night. Connick Jr said they were going to put through more seasoned, "ready" singers and not the young ones who need work.....

Very first girl who made it was 15 and not good, nest guy was bad too..... We stopped watching right there

Might pick back up now, but definitely not like we used to
I have not made it through a full season since Phil Phillips won it. It's been so spotty ever since Simon left. But we are making an effort this season. It is the last one so we will try.

She's quirky, and I know by previous season people like those types.. but it's the same sound for every song she's done so far.. it will get old quick IMO. :shrug:
I don't have a problem with same sound. It's her sound. She will make every song her own.

Carrie Underwood sounds like Carrie Underwood. Phil Phillips sounds like Phil Phillips. Adam Lambert....etc etc etc.

I don't want a karaoke singer. I want an artist if I am a record producer. Give me someone who does not sound like every other pop singer out there.

understood.. and I agree on not needing Karaoke singers.. :thumbup:

But it was either last year or the year before there was a singer who had "their own sound" and many here and on the show were raving about it.. never heard from again since then..

IMO, a sound like hers is a good Radio sound, where you'd only hear one song before you are onto another artist..

But when it comes to listening/purchasing a entire CD I couldn't personally listen to that "Quirkiness" for 9 straight songs.. :shrug:

understood.. and I agree on not needing Karaoke singers.. :thumbup:

But it was either last year or the year befor ethere was a singer who had "their own sound" and many here and on the show were raving about it.. never heard from again since then..

IMO, a sound like hers is a good Radio sound, where you'd only hear one song before you are onto another artist..

But when it comes to listening/purchasing a entire CD I couldn't personally listen to that "Quirkiness" for 9 straight songs.. :shrug:
I can totally understand that.

Chris "CJ" Johnson is a good buddy of mine who played my BBQfest booth the last couple years.

Kid is exactly as portrayed there.... hard worker who's been hustling 3-5 gigs a week for many years here in Memphis. Couldn't be a nicer dude. Honestly you've not seen the tip of the iceberg with his talent... kid has sick pipes. Waiting for him to hit one in his wheelhouse here soon.

That said, I don't think he's one of the leaders of this pack.... hoping he makes it to final 10. Will see.

Chris "CJ" Johnson is a good buddy of mine who played my BBQfest booth the last couple years.

Kid is exactly as portrayed there.... hard worker who's been hustling 3-5 gigs a week for many years here in Memphis. Couldn't be a nicer dude. Honestly you've not seen the tip of the iceberg with his talent... kid has sick pipes. Waiting for him to hit one in his wheelhouse here soon.

That said, I don't think he's one of the leaders of this pack.... hoping he makes it to final 10. Will see.
comes across as a nice kid- but also comes across as a guy you hear in a bar that sounds great... until you hear the next guy in the bar who also sounds great. dunno- doesn't seem like much original musicality there- caveat- from only seeing a couple of performances. looking forward to seeing more of what you're talking about.

comes across as a nice kid- but also comes across as a guy you hear in a bar that sounds great... until you hear the next guy in the bar who also sounds great. dunno- doesn't seem like much original musicality there- caveat- from only seeing a couple of performances. looking forward to seeing more of what you're talking about.
No you're totally right based on what you've seen of him so far. Don't blame ya at all!

Last year Eddie Kramer (legendary producer/engineer for Zeppelin, Hendrix, Kiss, Bowie, Beatles) took the band under his wing because he liked Chris' voice. He produced his band American Fiction's first album. Sample of them live (crappy quality). Not a fan of their style/music per se... but I assure you that he'll likely provide a "whoa" moment at some point during the competition.

But like I said... he's likely not going to win but I'd say a Top 10 visit isn't outside the realm of possibility.

I knew the one girl was "dead man walking" when they teased the two girls walking in together. The HUGE AFRO WIG girl was a gimme. I knew the moment she auditioned that she would make the final cut. Not because of her talent, just her look.She doesn't seem overly obnoxious yet, but they always have an oversized, overly egoed, booming voice girl.

I think mountain girl will be gone quickly and Dalton, the blond guy with the bright eyes, will go far with the screaming girl vote.

I knew the one girl was "dead man walking" when they teased the two girls walking in together. The HUGE AFRO WIG girl was a gimme. I knew the moment she auditioned that she would make the final cut. Not because of her talent, just her look.She doesn't seem overly obnoxious yet, but they always have an oversized, overly egoed, booming voice girl.

I think mountain girl will be gone quickly and Dalton, the blond guy with the bright eyes, will go far with the screaming girl vote.
yea, they've been "pimping" her throughout the auditions.. almost every show/commercial had her image up. To the point where you were saying.. we get it, she's your star.. :rolleyes:

As I said "Tina Turner wannabee".. and there it was.Props to the fact she did well.. but if it wasn't obvious before that they are pushing for her to win, it is now.

IF she gets voted out before the finals the judges just might riot. :oldunsure:

I actually liked the off the grid girl. Nice voice that gets lost in all the howdy doody costumes.

I also like the selfprofessed tomboy (code for gay, amirite?) as being the most current of that group.

Yeah... that tina turner tune by that girl- facepalm. Singing ability or not, she won't last due to voting demographic

Wife and I easily picked 3 of the 4 we knew the judges would put through.

• Blond, blue eyed guy
  • guy that had mono
  • big afro chick

Judges are pushing for the Afro chick.  She's too much like Candace, I get it, she can sing runs and has a powerful voice, but I just don't see her doing very well post Idol.  

The show still sucks. Never been the same since Simon left. But we are motoring through it on the DVR..makes it far easier to watch. Live...it's painful. We just watch the performances......I could care less what J-Lo thinks, Harry tells it like it is, but I don't always agree with him and Keith.....well he is Keith.

Judges are pushing for the Afro chick.  She's too much like Candace, I get it, she can sing runs and has a powerful voice, but I just don't see her doing very well post Idol.  
I didn't think she'd make it to the top 3, regardless of her great voice, because it felt like what she was doing was the typical "gospel singer" thing they every season I've watched. Great singer, but sings stuff most of white voting/buying america doesn't find relevant- regardless of the talent. But she's knocked two pop tunes in a row out of the park, and IMO is the obvious front runner.

that said- I'm already bored with this group. I thought the tall Maria Sharapova looking teenager was going to do much better. IMO she was the one with the most pop potential... good chops, decent looking, decent musical instincts, lots of room for growth.

I actually like the "tomboy" girl- think she's the most interesting of the bunch in terms of the types of pop songs she'd sing. the boys are pointless, IMO. the indian chick has a great, but empty voice. if she develops something genuine in terms of emotional attachment to the songs- she'll be solid.

I actually think Dalton is the best, but his last two weeks have been underwhelming. 

I think that MacKenzie guy can really sing too. I'm not as impressed with Trenton. I think people are going to tire of LaPorchea, even her "pop" songs sound the same. 

I actually think Dalton is the best, but his last two weeks have been underwhelming. 

I think that MacKenzie guy can really sing too. I'm not as impressed with Trenton. I think people are going to tire of LaPorchea, even her "pop" songs sound the same. 
Dislike Dalton...seems like a huge wannabe.

Takes rock songs and makes them all weak.  Like boy band versions of rock songs.

Got rod of one of the better ones with the blonde/pink hair chick.

Dislike Dalton...seems like a huge wannabe.

Takes rock songs and makes them all weak.  Like boy band versions of rock songs.

Got rod of one of the better ones with the blonde/pink hair chick.
Agree about Dalton... I just dont get his appeal. More theater than rock.

The show from day one during the auditions have been highlighting Tina Turner part 2..
At some point it will bite them in the butt as people will either stop voting for her out of spite, or because they feel she is safe and vote for others they want to save.

Dalton has a ton of talent.. sure you can hate the fact he takes songs and "wimps" them down.. But he and Mckenzie are great at taking songs and making them their own, rather then just changing up parts of the songs so as to not be too karaoke..
Liked how Lee did something different last week..

Thought Sonika's did a great job on Evanescence two weeks ago.. :thumbup:    wasn't thrilled with last weeks Kelly Clarkson cover, but still powerful and could be the one to upset LaPortia.

Didn't realize the thread was going this season or I would have jumped in before now.

Anyway, Dalton is terrible and he has no right to be this far in the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread