What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

God Squatted and Took a Dump on the Bengals...Again. (1 Viewer)

SIDA!

Footballguy
It has often been said that truth is stranger than fiction.

When you look at the Benglas franchise and the history of their rivalry with the Steelers, could there have ever been a playoff game that so appropriately represented the history of these two teams any better?

The Bengals had the Steelers and they...let 'em off the hook! The game was over. Ovah!

But, God was in control. And like he has done for many, many years, he dropped a Cleveland Steamer on that turd of a franchise...the Cincinnati Bengals.

Thankfully, I am not a fan of the Bengals. And I am truly empathetic for you guys. I can't possibly conceive of a more heart-breaking end to your season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burfict shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL. They talk about player safety all the time but Pacman, Pollard, Merriweather, Burfict, Ward, Suh - habitual ####lords that occasionally get slaps on the wrist.

There was nothing wrong with that hit. It was BS call by a league that is moving closer to flag football everyday. He hit the receiver with his shoulder.

There was nothing wrong with that hit. It was BS call by a league that is moving closer to flag football everyday. He hit the receiver with his shoulder.
You're going on record as saying Buffict's hit on Brown was legit?

I will wait for you response.

Yeah. But I am admittedly out of touch with the game. I used to know what a catch and a fumble were. Now I feel like I need to go to college to get a degree in the rule book.

I am obviously not a Bengals homer...and just calling it like I see it.

I don't get it, why blame this on a fictional character from a book? You could have at least gone with an interesting one. Like Harry Potter. "Harry Potter Squatted and Took a Dump on the Bengals...Again". Why do you hate wizards?

I don't get it, why blame this on a fictional character from a book? You could have at least gone with an interesting one. Like Harry Potter. "Harry Potter Squatted and Took a Dump on the Bengals...Again". Why do you hate wizards?
Just never been a huge basketball fan.

When you look at the Benglas franchise and the history of their rivalry with the Steelers, could there have ever been a playoff game that so appropriately represented the history of these two teams any better?

The Bengals had the Steelers and they...let 'em off the hook! The game was over. Ovah!

But, God was in control. And like he has done for many, many years, he dropped a Cleveland Steamer on that turd of a franchise...the Cincinnati Bengals.

Thankfully, I am not a fan of the Bengals. And I am truly empathetic for you guys. I can't possibly conceive of a more heart-breaking end to your season.
Maybe this should be called "The Cincinnati Steamer"

:confused:

This has nothing to do with god and has everything to do with two thugs who could not control themselves and put themselves ahead of their team.

Yeah. But I am admittedly out of touch with the game. I used to know what a catch and a fumble were. Now I feel like I need to go to college to get a degree in the rule book.

I am obviously not a Bengals homer...and just calling it like I see it.
You dont need to admit it, it was blatantly obvious, especially when you also blamed it on god.

Obviously not a Bungals homer? Everything you have said makes it obvious that you are.

:homer:

Yes. Feel free to be offended by someone else's beliefs at any and all opportunities.

It wasn't god controlling the Bengals players, look for the other dude. Coming soon to fox.

It's simple. If Cincinnati gets rid of the thugs and criminals on its roster, then this stuff doesn't happen. It was reported a few minutes earlier that Birfict was out of control on the sideline. Lewis chose to send him out there. And Pacman is a career thug. No shock that acted like an idiot.

It wasn't god controlling the Bengals players, look for the other dude. Coming soon to fox.
We have now seen why Burfict went undrafted, because he is a vile thing no one wanted to waste time on.

It doesnt matter your talent, boneheads like him can lose you a game in one play.

Marvin Lewis should be fired for the simple fact he let this guy on the field with the game on the line and with how his temper was all game.

We have now seen why Burfict went undrafted, because he is a vile thing no one wanted to waste time on.

It doesnt matter your talent, boneheads like him can lose you a game in one play.

Marvin Lewis should be fired for the simple fact he let this guy on the field with the game on the line and with how his temper was all game.
There were specific plays, it may well have been LAST YEAR ..... in the same game with our hero Vontaze Burfict at the center of the controversy.

In the plays, it shows him at the end of the play clearly trying to twist/break?? an opponents ankle after going down.

He "targeted" Cam Newton and Greg Olsen both in the same game, and if you go dig up the video, the Olsen footage is just downright disgusting. It is absolutely clear he was trying to twist Olsen's ankle.

He was fined $25,000 for these actions, possibly more.

At some point, you have to realize it is intentional and address it more severely.

Its going to take him, (or someone like him) actually ending a players career in a primetime game on a national scale for it to be addressed as it should be.

He has a track record, and its not like he has come out and tried to deny anything either, as far as I can recall.

Make him the poster child.........

Ban him from the game forever, and make it known to anyone in the NFL that this type of animal behavior isn't to be tolerated.

Some of those "flying shots" are hard to control, and harder to try and figure out if they are intentional or not.

But those ankle incidents were about as plain as you can get.

He may get fined, but I doubt its much more than that done.

As I alluded to above, its going to take an absolutely heinous, obvious incident that ends in terrible injury for something to be done.

TZM

100% correct. This is on Lewis. How he still has a job I cannot fathom.

I don't have a dog in this fight and it doesn't matter to me who wins. So the play I watched last night looked legal and intense as a playoff game should. It's a travesty that the refs would call that at the end of the game.

that was one of the dirtiest hits of the year dude
But the OP isnt a Bungals homer.

I don't have a dog in this fight and it doesn't matter to me who wins. So the play I watched last night looked legal and intense as a playoff game should. It's a travesty that the refs would call that at the end of the game.
Its a travesty that a dirty player known for twisting ankles lowered his shoulder into the the head of a defenseless WR?

So when you say you watched the play, I picture you watching it like :nerd: because you did not see what everyone else did.

Did not think a shoulder to the head of a defenseless WR is legal. SMH Look up the rules man.

Its a travesty that a dirty player known for twisting ankles lowered his shoulder into the the head of a defenseless WR?

So when you say you watched the play, I picture you watching it like :nerd: because you did not see what everyone else did.

Did not think a shoulder to the head of a defenseless WR is legal. SMH Look up the rules man.
Another fan of neither team. That was a terrible call, and regardless of Burfict's history, I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms over that flag. BTW, are we going to discuss Joey Porter's presence on the field?

From the NFL Rulebook, and the rulebook says it was a penalty. To the people defending it as a clean hit, I will say you honestly do not know the rule and it is not an opinion, you are just flat out wrong.

“It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.
(a) Players in a defenseless posture are: [. . .]
(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;
[. . .]
(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and
(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.”

As if your political takes are not bad enough...

God had nothing to do with the game...he does not shape the outcome of football games in such a manner.

People who think that hit was legal have to be fishing...I can't understand otherwise how any sane person would watch that play and think...oh, thats a clean legal hit.

People who think that hit was legal have to be fishing...I can't understand otherwise how any sane person would watch that play and think...oh, thats a clean legal hit.
There is a different between personally being OK with hits like that and them being against the rules. Hits to the helmet can be accidental even in an intentional hit. A matter of inches changes a lot in a high speed game. I love hard hitting football and I am OK with the hit on Gio and the Beckham hit on Norman. I am not OK with Burficts hit because he has a history of doing such things. I believe the Beckham/Norman issues were just a boil over of constant conflict all game but both players do not have a dirty history. I thought a fine for OBJ was in order, not a suspension. I normally do not like to see players get suspended for hits like this, its football it happens. But this and because of how dirty Burfict is, he has to sit down for a couple games to keep consistent with how they league handles this. 2 games to start next year, at least.

There is a different between personally being OK with hits like that and them being against the rules. Hits to the helmet can be accidental even in an intentional hit. A matter of inches changes a lot in a high speed game. I love hard hitting football and I am OK with the hit on Gio and the Beckham hit on Norman. I am not OK with Burficts hit because he has a history of doing such things. I believe the Beckham/Norman issues were just a boil over of constant conflict all game but both players do not have a dirty history. I thought a fine for OBJ was in order, not a suspension. I normally do not like to see players get suspended for hits like this, its football it happens. But this and because of how dirty Burfict is, he has to sit down for a couple games to keep consistent with how they league handles this. 2 games to start next year, at least.
Why ok with Beckham? Talk about dirty...had zero to do with the play and he lined him up to take a shot at him and was head hunting just as much (if not more so) as Burfict.

Shaziers I understand from the aspect of coming up to make a hit. I don't think it was dirty in the way the other 2 were.

It was a dumb way to hit and tackle and incredibly dangerous for both him and Gio though and should be taught as how not to tackle.

The hit on Wheaton was clean, the hits on Bernard and Brown were not. The pen on Pacman should have been offset by one on Porter.

That's 45 yards that mattered.

The hit on Wheaton was clean, the hits on Bernard and Brown were not. The pen on Pacman should have been offset by one on Porter.

And add in the fumble they gave Bernard which gave Pitt the ball.

And add in the fumble they gave Bernard which turned gave Pitt the ball.
Which then got Ben hurt on that possession.

Porter...that is up in the air whether any penalty was actually committed...there is zero doubt on Pacman and Burfict that those 2 were deserved.

Even if the last 15 of it does not count...there is what...18 seconds left, and they are set up for a 50 yarder if they gain no more yards.

Bengals may very well still lose....

Another fan of neither team. That was a terrible call, and regardless of Burfict's history, I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms over that flag. BTW, are we going to discuss Joey Porter's presence on the field?
On one hand, Burfict's goal is to break up the pass. It is also easy, at game speed, to hit the head when that is not your intent (no claim on his intent intended here). However, that is a shoulder to the head and in today's NFL, that draws a flag.

Personally, I think a defender has to see that ball is incomplete and attempt to lay up a bit. I get heat and passion of the game at a critical moment. But it didn't look like he laid up much, if any at all, to me...

Porter...that is up in the air whether any penalty was actually committed...there is zero doubt on Pacman and Burfict that those 2 were deserved.

Even if the last 15 of it does not count...there is what...18 seconds left, and they are set up for a 50 yarder if they gain no more yards.

True. The bengals will find a way to lose if there is one out there. Bunch of bonehead plays by uncontrollable players. Sketchy play calling on the bengals part too, imo.

Coaches run on the field to break things up all the time, why people are focusing on Porter I dont know, trying to deflect from the stupidity of the Bengals players I believe.. Porter has some arrogant smile on his face, but smiling with arrogance is not a penalty, pushing someone like Pacman did in from of the ref is. Last I checked unless someone uses a racial slur you cant be penalized for what you say.

Porter will be fined though, since some are outraged by Porter the league will fine him, because thats what they think they need to do to "get it right."

On one hand, Burfict's goal is to break up the pass. It is also easy, at game speed, to hit the head when that is not your intent (no claim on his intent intended here). However, that is a shoulder to the head and in today's NFL, that draws a flag.

Personally, I think a defender has to see that ball is incomplete and attempt to lay up a bit. I get heat and passion of the game at a critical moment. But it didn't look like he laid up much, if any at all, to me...
I honestly don't think Burfict understands the difference between playing smart and being emotional. He could draw a flag on just about every play with all the pushing/jawing he does after the play.

I have no doubt Ben will play next week, but I'd be surprised if Brown isn't held out simply by the concussion protocol, assuming he got on on that hit.

Burfict did everything correctly on that play. Led with his shoulder, off to the side of the receiver's body. It was just such a bad throw that the receiver twisted and turned and his head ended up in a different place than expected. It's easy to say that he should have let up after watching a super slow motion replay, but that's not always realistic at normal speeds.

To make it worse, just an hour earlier we watched a replay over and over of the perfect example of how NOT to tackle but no penalty was called, the receiver was knocked out of the game, and it resulted in a turnover.

Yay NFL?

You know it's bad when we Jets fans can actually empathize with another team's fan base.

The issue with Porter is that he went and talked smack with Bengals players and was nowhere near the injured player. Add n that he is not a trainer and there would not have a been a penalty if he wasn't in the field.

Burfict shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL. They talk about player safety all the time but Pacman, Pollard, Merriweather, Burfict, Ward, Suh - habitual ####lords that occasionally get slaps on the wrist.
Pates fan?Pollard does not belong in that group. He caused a couple devastating tackles but the plays were legal.

And why on earth did the Bengals go prevent when Ben couldn't throw the ball more than 10 yards? They gave him the only passes he could make.

How about the OC not choosing a bad play for the 2 pt conversion?

How about Hill not fumbling the ball?

How about Burfict not head hunting, understanding the game situation instead of being his usual immature self?

How about Pacman Jones understanding the game situation instead of being his usual immature self?

God is like a QB... always gets too much of the credit, and too much of the blame. God caused all these things?

Burfict did everything correctly on that play. Led with his shoulder, off to the side of the receiver's body. It was just such a bad throw that the receiver twisted and turned and his head ended up in a different place than expected. It's easy to say that he should have let up after watching a super slow motion replay, but that's not always realistic at normal speeds.

To make it worse, just an hour earlier we watched a replay over and over of the perfect example of how NOT to tackle but no penalty was called, the receiver was knocked out of the game, and it resulted in a turnover.

Yay NFL?
headhunting is no longer allowed. Whether with your helmet, shoulder pads, or forearms. If it were anyone but Burfict, I'd say there's a chance it was unintentional. Buy we both know he was out to injure someone. There were even reports that he had to be calmed down on the sideline after Gio took his shot.

The issue with Porter is that he went and talked smack with Bengals players and was nowhere near the injured player. Add n that he is not a trainer and there would not have a been a penalty if he wasn't in the field.
he will get fined as well. If Adam Jones hadn't acted like a a thug, it's a non-factor. Jones has never had discipline. He is what he is.

"With Burfict only starting 45 games in his career, it's an average of once every 11 games he blatantly goes out there and gets caught trying to hurt someone."

When the leaders on your team are guys like Pacman and Burfict that's what you get. These guys have all-world talent but the brains of a pitt bull :P .​ Why do you think so many teams don't want these guys and they slide thru the draft? I guarantee you 10 out of 10 of the top coaches in the league wouldn't roster either one of them.

This is a shining example of why you don't have guys like that in your locker room.

The Bengals dropped it on themselves. Faced with adversity the Steelers kept playing and took advantage of what happened. Faced with adversity the Bengals sh!t themselves. To note,I am not a fan of either team.

Users who are viewing this thread