What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (5 Viewers)

Some nuggets from an ex-HogsHaven blogger...imagine what other people know about the dirt on this team, wow:

Gotta read the whole threads, both of them. I remember the flash in the pan story that was the "catfish" dust-up almost ten years ago, it got a lot more traction on extremeskins (the team message board) than it ever did in the media. 

https://twitter.com/RadioHarrison/status/1283368993156485120?s=20

https://twitter.com/RadioHarrison/status/1283632777020289024?s=20

This is going to be UGLY. For Snyder, the team's (mostly past) execs and staffs, and the local media. 

Some nuggets from an ex-HogsHaven blogger...imagine what other people know about the dirt on this team, wow:

Gotta read the whole threads, both of them. I remember the flash in the pan story that was the "catfish" dust-up almost ten years ago, it got a lot more traction on extremeskins (the team message board) than it ever did in the media. 

https://twitter.com/RadioHarrison/status/1283368993156485120?s=20

https://twitter.com/RadioHarrison/status/1283632777020289024?s=20

This is going to be UGLY. For Snyder, the team's (mostly past) execs and staffs, and the local media. 
Certainly looks bad but some reporters have talked about it as if they are expecting even worse

Like over halfway to Epstein levels and related to the cheerleader scandal

The catfish dustup seems like it would need to be one part of a whole to reach the kind of magnitude this has been hyped up to be

Certainly looks bad but some reporters have talked about it as if they are expecting even worse

Like over halfway to Epstein levels and related to the cheerleader scandal

The catfish dustup seems like it would need to be one part of a whole to reach the kind of magnitude this has been hyped up to be

Oh yeah, I think it's just a taste of the sort of stuff that was going on. The way that guy is ranting I doubt his story is even part of the forthcoming article, honestly. 

Hmnnn.  The minority owners are seeing the timing of the name change as an opportunity to strike at Snyder with some sort of ugly news with the obvious intention of pushing him out as majority owner.  They have dirt and have been holding it for some time.  

It seems reporters have known or were aware for some time.  

Whatever is going down is going to be big enough where minority owners believe they can force Dan out.  

Well...  >>>  We're waiting.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Washington's front office hired DC attorney Beth Wilkinson to review the organization’s protocols.

It's an attempt to get out in front of the rampant speculation regarding the culture in place under owner Dan Snyder. The Washington Post is reportedly preparing a lengthy tell-all about its NFL team (which has yet to be named), which has been rumored to threaten Snyder's seat at the head of the table. As Schefter notes, front office members Richard Mann III and Alex Santos, as well as radio play-by-play voice Larry Michael have all coincidently left the organization within the past week. This story is just getting started.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jul 16, 2020, 12:21 PM ET

Ummmmm......

From Kapri Bibbs' IG...Read that tweet thread.  Jay jealous cause Kapri Bibbs was sleeping with Jay's mistress, benches Bibbs, Bibbs' backup misses block that gets Alex Smith killed.  OOOOOOOOF.

In the era of Twitter I don't know how anything can stay under wraps, let alone have everyone go "oh man this big thing is under wraps".

I'm betting it's nothing.

I’ve got a contact at the Post (didn’t have to blow him to get info either!), he said the article is being reviewed by their legal team. Which is the last step before publication.
So are we talking hours, days, or longer?

Redskins just lawyered up this morning, could that tie things up for a bit?

This whole name change thing suddenly makes sense though. Dan Snyder is a snake.

Everything he does is for his self-interest. This will be a good test. Unlike Donald Sterling, Snyder will go out on his shield.

Hmnnn.  The minority owners are seeing the timing of the name change as an opportunity to strike at Snyder with some sort of ugly news with the obvious intention of pushing him out as majority owner.  They have dirt and have been holding it for some time.  

It seems reporters have known or were aware for some time.  

Whatever is going down is going to be big enough where minority owners believe they can force Dan out.  

Well...  >>>  We're waiting.
Now reports are the minority owners are looking to sell. That seems even worse.

So are we talking hours, days, or longer?

Redskins just lawyered up this morning, could that tie things up for a bit?
He didn’t give any detail on that. He could have even meant it had been with legal already and was ready to drop. I’m not in a position to press him further on when. My takeaways from our exchange were:

-an article is definitely coming

-it is BAAAAAD for the Skins

-he did say he’s afraid it won’t live up to the hype, which at first I took as meaning maybe it isn’t so big, but now I think he was just referencing how massive the hype has gotten. 

Maybe this doesn’t tell much of anything but I thought I’d post that it isn’t just smoke as I do know this guy is in a position to know. As for the Skins lawyering up I suspect that’s in preparation for reacting to the article rather than an attempt to tie it up. 

This is terrible timing for Snyder. There is basically nothing to talk about in the sports world right now. This story will get more press than any sports story in recent history. If the rumors are true he'll likely be forced to sell the team. 

This is terrible timing for Snyder. There is basically nothing to talk about in the sports world right now. This story will get more press than any sports story in recent history. If the rumors are true he'll likely be forced to sell the team. 
Cowboy, Eagle, and Giant fans will be disappointed.

Why hasn't the story dropped yet?

At this point some of the rumors swirling might be more damaging than the actual story

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Minority shareholders of Washington’s NFL team have hired the investment bank, Moag & Company, to vet buyers and to sell their stake in the team, per a league source.

At this point some of the rumors swirling might be more damaging than the actual story
apparently WaPo has their lawyers involved.  It must be so crazy that they need to vet what they write with a fine toothed comb. 

I've heard anything from an epstein prostitution ring for season ticket holders to purposefully injuring players.  There's no way the actual story lives up to all this.

I really just can't believe the refs part. Rest seems possible

But if the refs part was real the NFL--not just the Redskins--would have an army of lawyers trying to get it scratched

Will the off field problems/articles never end for this organization?   Whether or not any of this or what comes out is true, the PR department is among the worst in the history of sports.  The only season long positive PR job this team ever did was RG3, and that came crashing down with his injury.

Ron Rivera should resign and distance himself immediately from this catastrophe of a #### show.

Honestly not as bad as I expected from the rumors I had seen based on a quick read

Please give cliff's notes.  Not gonna subscribe to that rag.
Really toxic culture of sexual harassment but no Gruden, orgy parties, prostituting cheerleaders, bribing refs or anything else of the sort

Snyder is rightfully fu**ed still though

Honestly not as bad as I expected from the rumors I had seen based on a quick read

Really toxic culture of sexual harassment but no Gruden, orgy parties, prostituting cheerleaders, bribing refs or anything else of the sort

Honestly reading in more detail I am not even sure about the Snyder part

He is not accused and everyone involved was fired as far as I can tell

He may get out of this still owning the team assuming this is it

Pretty much. Here's a non-paywalled version: https://outline.com/CdyCuU

This would be pretty explosive if it came out of nowhere, but all the hype made it seem like Snyder was in cahoots with Jeffery Epstein or something. In reality, it was "just" a super ugly work environment for a lot of female employees.

“I needed to keep my job,” she said. “When it comes down to it, 98 percent of people make decisions on stuff like this based on needing to keep their jobs … which is why this stuff goes on for so long.”

I'm sorry but that's not true. You might need A job but you don't need THAT job. 

(None of that should be construed as dismissing idiotic behavior by the men.)

This makes me wonder if it took so long because lawyers made them take stuff out.  

either way i blame Snyder.  Sell the team.

This makes me wonder if it took so long because lawyers made them take stuff out.  

either way i blame Snyder.  Sell the team.
He's not going to. They needed more than this for that to happen

And I honestly don't think there was much more to begin with--internet speculation gone crazy (me included)

Users who are viewing this thread