What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (4 Viewers)

Haskins just isn't the answer. In today's NFL, if you can't throw at least 100 yards in the half, you have no business being on the field.  :bag:
Slow down.  It’s the second game basically preseason against a good Arizona team.  Our oline sucks and we have zero running game.

i don’t think we are more than a 5 win team but the verdict is certainly not out yet on Haskins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never said or felt this way until today. But I guess we are seeing someone on the opposite end of the spectrum with Murray and it just makes Haskins looks so rigid...so NOT smooth...so uncomfortable and rushed...where Murray just looks so smooth, comfortable, and always seems to make the right play. 

And I know its not JUST on Haskins. Like our return game...Sims has been awful. We are lucky to get back to the 25 on kickoffs. We really could use an upgrade there too. 

QB - Not going great right now, but I still have hope. I see flashes with Haskins. Lots to work on, though.

RB - Excited to see more from Gibson. He showed elusiveness and strength yesterday. The position isn't stacked, but I feel like it can be our offensive strength. I don't get, though, why they aren't featuring the backs more in the passing game. McKissic and Gibson only have 9 of the team's 63 targets and 4 of the 36 receptions. That seems dumb.

WR/TE - McLaurin is awesome. Love watching him play. Pretty much trash right now outside of him. Sims is fine, but is probably best suited for like a WR4 spot in a good unit. Logan Thomas is serviceable, but I don't think he's anything to be too excited about.

OL - Ugh. And now extra ugh without Scherff for a while. I don't see Haskins reaching the point of being a QB who can overcome a bad OL and produce wins, so this offense is going to have to upgrade at either QB or OL in the future.

DL - Amazing. Chase Young has been everything you could hope for so far. Looking forward to him being the decade-long superstar difference maker that we unfortunately weren't able to get out of Sean Taylor. No weak spots. How long they can keep the group together is the only issue.

LB - I thought they were going to be a weak spot, but they've seemed pretty good so far. I hadn't heard of Kevin Pierre-Louis, but he's made some plays. Bostic has been good, too. It's still a group that will need upgrades going forward.

DB - Not good. Apke gets burnt deep way too often. Wentz missed a couple in week one or that game could have gone differently. When the DL doesn't get quick pressure, this group is exposed. I like Collins. The rest either don't belong or seem very replaceable.

K/P - Tress Way is great. Hopkins if fine.

Coaching -  Yeah, it annoyed me that Rivera kicked the FG yesterday and then didn't use timeouts late in the fourth quarter. I realize deciding differently on the time outs didn't matter at all in terms of W/L (and, in the end, the FGA probably didn't either), but I'd still rather see him approach that differently. Regardless, I trust this group and I feel like we're watching real adult coaches for the first time in a while.

dgreen said:
QB - Not going great right now, but I still have hope. I see flashes with Haskins. Lots to work on, though.

RB - Excited to see more from Gibson. He showed elusiveness and strength yesterday. The position isn't stacked, but I feel like it can be our offensive strength. I don't get, though, why they aren't featuring the backs more in the passing game. McKissic and Gibson only have 9 of the team's 63 targets and 4 of the 36 receptions. That seems dumb.

WR/TE - McLaurin is awesome. Love watching him play. Pretty much trash right now outside of him. Sims is fine, but is probably best suited for like a WR4 spot in a good unit. Logan Thomas is serviceable, but I don't think he's anything to be too excited about.

OL - Ugh. And now extra ugh without Scherff for a while. I don't see Haskins reaching the point of being a QB who can overcome a bad OL and produce wins, so this offense is going to have to upgrade at either QB or OL in the future.

DL - Amazing. Chase Young has been everything you could hope for so far. Looking forward to him being the decade-long superstar difference maker that we unfortunately weren't able to get out of Sean Taylor. No weak spots. How long they can keep the group together is the only issue.

LB - I thought they were going to be a weak spot, but they've seemed pretty good so far. I hadn't heard of Kevin Pierre-Louis, but he's made some plays. Bostic has been good, too. It's still a group that will need upgrades going forward.

DB - Not good. Apke gets burnt deep way too often. Wentz missed a couple in week one or that game could have gone differently. When the DL doesn't get quick pressure, this group is exposed. I like Collins. The rest either don't belong or seem very replaceable.

Coaching -  Yeah, it annoyed me that Rivera kicked the FG yesterday and then didn't use timeouts late in the fourth quarter. I realize deciding differently on the time outs didn't matter at all in terms of W/L (and, in the end, the FGA probably didn't either), but I'd still rather see him approach that differently. Regardless, I trust this group and I feel like we're watching real adult coaches for the first time in a while.
Pretty good analysis...can't disagree with any of it.

I'm not sold on Haskins at all and it's the #1 thing that matters this year.   I want him to be good.  But everything tells me he's at best average.  He doesn't have special anything.  Not vision, accuracy, feet, arm, mobility, leadership.  Nothing.  Size I guess is his best attribute.  Give him the year to see for sure.  But nothing is standing out.

Apke absolutely stinks.  He stunk last year, and stinks this year.  Horrible.   

dgreen said:

Solid analysis; agree with all. 

This year is going to be what we thought it was going to be: rebuilding, culture change, and roster evaluation.

Rivera and Del Rio are obviously the biggest offseason upgrades so no matter what, I am not despairing knowing that the portion of the roster who will be here next year will have a lot more experience within an improved culture/coaching environment.  That can only help long term.  Short term, there is a lot to overcome with the offensive line and secondary as you reference here.

Re: Offensive Line -- this is the big one.  Christianson is not the answer at left tackle.  More generally, I feel we need multiple replacements on the starting offensive line.  I suppose at a certain point Charles gets a chance, if Christonson doesn't grow into the role.  I totally get taking Chase # 1 because he was BPA and it looks like he is meeting expectations...so no judgements there.  But I don't see any excuse for not focusing strongly on offensive line next offseason.  Otherwise, it's going to stunt the growth of the entire offense.  

The question that is too early to ask (but I will ask it anyway) is if Haskins proves to be just average all season long and we end up with a high first rounder (still likely I believe), do we take a stud QB if there or do we stay with Haskins and beef up the offensive line.  Neither Shanahan or Gruden really had "the guy" they could count on during their entire coaching stints and it ultimately came back to sink both of them.  WIll Rivera reflect on this and determine that he has to move on at the end of the season, come hell or highwater?  I'd love for him to grow this year so we could seek an OL first round of course.  And of course this question is too early to ask.

Overall, I'm still somewhat hopeful because the coaching is so much better it's bound to improve the whole. Remember, with limited offseason programs and no preseason, this new staff is building this on the fly.  So that buys them some wiggle room in my book. But offseason player aquisitions are looming already...

dgreen said:

Great post. Agree, but, not buying Haskins.  And in the end that’s probably all that really matters. Rough season ahead. 

dgreen said:

Both these guys are on my dynasty squad, so I've been watching the WFT. McLaurin looked great even against Patrick Peterson yesterday. Nobody seemed within covering distance of him all game. That said, they may have been playing soft because of the lead. But he just looked open at will.

Spent a 2.01 on Chase Young in the same dynasty IDP league and don't regret it. He looks legit, and is an immediate starter in IDP, even. He's pretty much scoring-independent, too, and his value as a DL is just skyrocketing already. I still think the WFT should have taken Tua. Haskins is never going to get it, IMHO. (I've been wrong before and am a dilettante, but I don't see anything Haskins is really bringing to assure me he's the man there. I think we might see Alex Smith sometime this year.) 

Interesting article on Haskins and I have noted this as well.  I think Turner has to go up tempo from the beginning.  Quick passes, timing plays, etc.  Get the ball out of Haskin's hands quickly; less time sitting back there and waiting...

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/dwayne-haskins-stat-flips-conventional-wisdom-its-head

"When Washington was struggling offensively in Week 1, offensive coordinator Scott Turner elected to speed up the tempo, allowing quarterback Dwayne Haskins to complete some quick, easy throws and build his confidence. Haskins finished that afternoon completing 13 of his final 18 passes for over 130 yards and a touchdown as his team scored 27 unanswered to defeat Philadelphia.

When Washington upped the tempo in the second half on Sunday, results also followed. Although the team was unable to complete the comeback this week, the offense did put together two solid touchdown drives in the second half that can be used to build on entering Week 3 against the Cleveland Browns.

Through two weeks, the numbers speak for themselves. When Haskins gets the ball out quickly, he excels. When he has to sit back, force his offensive line to hold its blocks and allow him to go through his reads, he struggles."

ETA:  I don't think this is ALL the result of teams playing soft with the lead.  I think Haskins really is more accurate with the football in up tempo...

And Barkley looks like he's going to be out a long time if not the season....Dallas is beat up....this team really could go worst to first....
Um.  No.  Haskins isn't where this team can win much.  Hopefully he gets there over the season, but at some point you need a QB that can hit the target or escape pressure.

I'd still put money on Philly having a better record  (Dallas too).

If they win the division it isn't with Haskins as the starter (and no I'm not saying bench him...need to see if he can improve)

Um.  No.  Haskins isn't where this team can win much.  Hopefully he gets there over the season, but at some point you need a QB that can hit the target or escape pressure.

I'd still put money on Philly having a better record  (Dallas too).

If they win the division it isn't with Haskins as the starter (and no I'm not saying bench him...need to see if he can improve)
Cleveland was the game to win, and it was winnable.  I honestly believe that Kyle Allen could have won that game.  But he's probably not the long term answer either.

In terms of WFT being in first, let's temper our expectations.  The next two games are:  Baltimore and LA Rams.  That means we'll most likely be 1-4 after 5 games.  We may have a chance to beat NY (a big maybe), but we can't play the Giants 16 times.

Honestly, the point of this season is what it always was: a.) change culture, b.) evaluate whether Haskins can be our QB.   I actually think we may make progress on both of these fronts, while losing.  I do think Rivera, Turner and Del Rio are massive upgrades on Gruden and Manuski and already our defense is capable of playing well enough to win games.  So culture improvement -- guarded check.  In terms of Haskins, I really, really, really want to give him a chance but it's not looking good.  Not seeing the field, missing open guys, staring a hole through receivers in your second year is not simply a matter of "inexperience"...it may be who he is.   We'll see.  Rivera is saying the right things...will give him time but not forever.  I agree with that.

I have never said or felt this way until today. But I guess we are seeing someone on the opposite end of the spectrum with Murray and it just makes Haskins looks so rigid...so NOT smooth...so uncomfortable and rushed...where Murray just looks so smooth, comfortable, and always seems to make the right play. 

And I know its not JUST on Haskins. Like our return game...Sims has been awful. We are lucky to get back to the 25 on kickoffs. We really could use an upgrade there too. 

To be fair Haskins was a 1 year starter and probably should have sat for two years to develop. 

Ahhh, the old days of allowing young guys to develop and giving them a break for their first 4 years. Seemed to work for Rodgers just fine. :shrug:  

Solid analysis; agree with all. 

This year is going to be what we thought it was going to be: rebuilding, culture change, and roster evaluation.

Rivera and Del Rio are obviously the biggest offseason upgrades so no matter what, I am not despairing knowing that the portion of the roster who will be here next year will have a lot more experience within an improved culture/coaching environment.  That can only help long term.  Short term, there is a lot to overcome with the offensive line and secondary as you reference here.

Re: Offensive Line -- this is the big one.  Christianson is not the answer at left tackle.  More generally, I feel we need multiple replacements on the starting offensive line.  I suppose at a certain point Charles gets a chance, if Christonson doesn't grow into the role.  I totally get taking Chase # 1 because he was BPA and it looks like he is meeting expectations...so no judgements there.  But I don't see any excuse for not focusing strongly on offensive line next offseason.  Otherwise, it's going to stunt the growth of the entire offense.  

The question that is too early to ask (but I will ask it anyway) is if Haskins proves to be just average all season long and we end up with a high first rounder (still likely I believe), do we take a stud QB if there or do we stay with Haskins and beef up the offensive line.  Neither Shanahan or Gruden really had "the guy" they could count on during their entire coaching stints and it ultimately came back to sink both of them.  WIll Rivera reflect on this and determine that he has to move on at the end of the season, come hell or highwater?  I'd love for him to grow this year so we could seek an OL first round of course.  And of course this question is too early to ask.

Overall, I'm still somewhat hopeful because the coaching is so much better it's bound to improve the whole. Remember, with limited offseason programs and no preseason, this new staff is building this on the fly.  So that buys them some wiggle room in my book. But offseason player aquisitions are looming already...
Don't think you have any chance of getting Lawrence, so you improve at LT or wherever you can get BPA. If Haskins is still brutal next year, then you should have another high pick ready to get a QB.

To be fair Haskins was a 1 year starter and probably should have sat for two years to develop. 

Ahhh, the old days of allowing young guys to develop and giving them a break for their first 4 years. Seemed to work for Rodgers just fine. :shrug:  
Yeah, my Haskins optimism is all based on the fact that he hasn't played a ton of QB compared to other rookie and second-year QBs. He had 590 attempts at OSU and has 304 so far in the NFL. He just doesn't have a ton of experience. Joe Burrow already has almost half as many NFL attempts as Haskins.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Draft 1 QB by round 4 every year.  It gives you so many options to see them in your system, buffers for injury, and a rookie QB salary is way cheaper that a vet QB salary. 

Haskins may yet turn out to be good.  But when Charles was taken with pick #108, they could have had Jacob Eason or James Morgan.  Not saying either of them are good or would have played this year.  But it gets them in the system and you find out just for a measly 4th round pick. 

I'd rather have 3 QBs on a rookie contract competing for the job until you find the right guy.

Today didn't tell us much about anything.  Haskins didn't look terrible, but still there is not yet one special thing about him.  Chase Young and Ionnidis out hampered the DL.  Gibson and McLaurin looked good.  The team simply doesn't have the horses to hang with the above average teams in the league.

All the radio talking heads trying to drum up something to talk about saying the NFC East is winnable...  Who cares?  The super bowl isn't. The DC media grasps every year for a new negative storyline.

Let all of them keep playing, including Haskins, and let's see what they look like at year end.

Today didn't tell us much about anything.  Haskins didn't look terrible, but still there is not yet one special thing about him.  Chase Young and Ionnidis out hampered the DL.  Gibson and McLaurin looked good.  The team simply doesn't have the horses to hang with the above average teams in the league.

All the radio talking heads trying to drum up something to talk about saying the NFC East is winnable...  Who cares?  The super bowl isn't. The DC media grasps every year for a new negative storyline.

Let all of them keep playing, including Haskins, and let's see what they look like at year end.
Haskins;  I guess he looked better "statistically" and he also didn't throw any interceptions, but he just doesn't seem to be a guy that will make plays to win the game.  The fourth and goal pass to the nine is symbolic of something.  No, technically you "took what the defense gave you" and you didn't turn it over, but AT THAT POINT in the game we needed you to take a chance and squeeze something in.  So while TECHNICALLY you didn't turn it over, REALLY you did turn it over right there.  

The answer to a game where you turned it over 4 times may be to take what the defense gives and protect the ball, but if that gets taken to the point of "playing scared and never taking chances to win" then it's really just as bad.  I don't think Haskins "sucks" but I do get the sense that the game has not slowed down for him and he just can't get out of his own head.

I agree we're not winning anything this year.  We could start Kyle Allen and make a run at the NFC East but does that really put us in a position to win long term?  We may need to start Allen before the end of the year but not until we know DEFINITIVELY we're ready to move on from Haskins, as in:  we're looking to draft or sign a FA QB next year...which is still a possibility IMO

Haskins should have never left early. He was not ready in the least.
This is 100% true.  But when he left he was projected as the #1 pick in the draft.  Nobody is going to turn down a potential #1 pick salary.   As teams prodded more at him, he moved down the draft board and was probably lucky Snyder wanted him or could have slid way more.

He was also very old for his grade in school.  He's already 23 years old.  He's not young at all.  Just inexperienced.  He's the same age as Minshew, Kyler Murray, and Lamar Jackson.  They have grasped the NFL much faster.

I can't blame him for wanting to get his career going.  If the WFT had a QB that was certainly WAY better he'd probably be out there.  But they don't.

Benching Haskins is questionable but given the play it is somewhat understandable.   Putting him as the 3rd string below Alex Smith is just insane.   is Alex Smith actually getting tackled in these practices that are impressing people?  Hell I would be surprised if he has even hit the ground this training camp.

Benching Haskins is questionable but given the play it is somewhat understandable.   Putting him as the 3rd string below Alex Smith is just insane.   is Alex Smith actually getting tackled in these practices that are impressing people?  Hell I would be surprised if he has even hit the ground this training camp.
Yeah.  Look, his play was not good and I do think he should have been put on notice. That said, it does feel like a fast hook.  Last year with Gruden was a waste.  This year, he was only 4 games into a new system. He wasn't doing great.  But, given that he was the 15 overall pick, I expected them to give him more time.

The precipitous drop to third honestly makes me think something else is happening.  Like, he did something extremely disrespectful or undisciplined to the coaching staff or something.  It does feel like an extreme drop in a short period of time.

Rivera and Turner now have "their guy" on the field, so we'll see what happens.  Allen knows Turner's system, but he was also backup for a reason.  

WFT may be drafting QB again next year...

Not surprising he's benched.

Haskins doesn't process things quick enough to succeed in the NFL. He can have all the physical tools in the world. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't get all day to throw at this level. 

If last year is a guide then you better get ready for Alex Smith starting.  Kyle Allen's first 4 games were so good that people were thinking top 10 QB.  Then after week 5 he was so awful that they decided to start Wil Grier the last 2 weeks of the year to see what they got.  

So if I reading more, are they possibly benching Haskins because he is the only QB with the COVID-19 antibody on the team?  

To be fair, most analysts said he needed to be red-shirted his 1st year and get a full camp under him before the draft. He became the starter under fire with the organization in chaos and a coach who clearly didn't even want him... no camps/practices this year and he's right back at it. You hope next year things get better so he has a full offseason to process/learn and improve. Dude has a fantastic work ethic but he's swimming uphill right now.

It should be mentioned with the dreck the NFC East is I'd be stunned if Alex Smith isn't starting before too long. Going to Kyle Allen isn't much of an improvement and the timing makes this feel like a win-now move.

I think Allen gets to the bye week to show he can handle it.  If not, I think their record is so bad that they go back to Haskins.  I really hope they don't go back to Smith...more for his sake than for the team's sake.  If he gets hurt it really could mean bad news for the rest of his life.  He has made $160M in his career.  I know it's not all about money, but it is when the team he plays for is so bad and he is 36 years old.  He is also likely to be cut next year because the dead cap money is so much less than the salary hit, so what's the point.  If he's on the team he costs $24M, if he's off he costs $10M.  It's even WAY worse if the team keeps him in 2022.

I wish they'd just give him the season, but they obviously know a lot more than I do. My main hope is that this doesn't turn into an owner-coach fight.
ditto.  I suspect coach wants him to sit and learn the system better.  Use this to motivate him.  Thats my guess.  Id prefer they let him learn live. but Rivera also probably thinks we can compete so he wants to show him how the guy who knows the system runs it.  we shall see. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-kyle-allen-starting-quarterback-rams-in-week-5-dwayne-haskins

Haskins benched for Allen

In Ron Burgandy voice: "That escalated quickly..."
Giddy up Rams D this week. I get being unsatisfied by Haskins performance, but Allen is a practice squad level guy, who is a walking turnover, and that was with far superior weapons in Carolina.

Really hoping to see Alex Smith at some point, I've always liked him, and he's probably the easiest guy in the entire NFL to root for. Smith was fully cleared to play, and Washington is in the hunt for 1st place, while having a solid defense. He almost certainly gives them the best chance to win.

ditto.  I suspect coach wants him to sit and learn the system better.  Use this to motivate him.  Thats my guess.  Id prefer they let him learn live. but Rivera also probably thinks we can compete so he wants to show him how the guy who knows the system runs it.  we shall see. 
It's an interesting discussion.  I think you are right that this is a "compete now" or "win now" situation.  When I think back to Rivera comments, he's said a few things that point in different directions:

1. Has stated that Haskins can only learn by doing, not sitting on the bench.

2.  Said that if we look like we can compete in the division, that may impact his decision making.

It appears that # 2 took precedence over # 1.  Such short term thinking is a gamble.  If you think Haskins might be the guy long term, then it's probably worth losing this season to launch him.  Face it, even if we did eek out the NFC East (and that is a MONSTER if, that I am NOT predicting), then we'd just get killed in the playoffs.  

The other possibility is that Rivera thinks he's seen enough and Haskins is done. If that's the case, then you got to see if Allen can be the guy.

If this move is ONLY to win short term, then that may not be the best rationale...

Sadly many press, fans, and owners never let go of players being 1 round picks and players being undrafted.  Same in all sports.  I think this drives coaches nuts.  They look at the guys on the field and say this one is clearly better.  Then get asked questions about why the one they think is better is starting?  It really seems to annoy them.  Press just trying to write a story.  But still, it seems to be where coaches get the most defensive.

Redskins 1st round QB picks.  I may have missed a couple.  But other than Snead and Baugh, we are talking bad, bad picks.  Woof.

2020 Haskins

2012 RG3

2002 Patrick Ramsey

1994 Heath Shuler

1961 Norm Snead*

1960  Richie Lucas

1959  Don Allard

1955 Ralph Guglielmi

1953 JackScarbath

1948 Harry Gilmer

1945 Jim Hardy

1937 Sammy Baugh*

WFT BETTER draft QB again next year...
Fixed that for you  ;)   I don't think Haskins has shown ANY signs of improvement since last year. He'd occasionally have a nice drive, but would follow it with poor play. He just doesn't have the "feel" in the pocket. I think Ron was smart to move on. I'm close to dropping him in my dynasty leagues because I just don't see him ever making it. Seen this before with Jason Campbell and RG3, sometimes even a new scenery changes nothing.  

Another priority the coaches have is to develop their other young players such as Gibson. So the move to Allen who has more experience in the offense may be a way of doing that as much as anything else, like trying to win games. Maybe Haskins just isn't running the offense the way they want. and they think Allen can do it better, even though Haskins still has more upside than Allen does if he did develop.

I was reading some stuff about starting QB who are benched in the NFL rarely getting a second chance to be a starter. That looks to be where Haskins career is heading, but maybe if Allen plays poorly they give Haskins another shot this year?

There needs to be a baseline of competence from the QB executing the plays for the rest of the offense to gel with that and form good habits. Maybe they see Haskins as holding back other players from doing that right now and think Allen can help them practice and play better in the system, giving the whole team better reps, even if Haskins is a better player than Allen in some ways.

Really hoping to see Alex Smith at some point, I've always liked him, and he's probably the easiest guy in the entire NFL to root for. Smith was fully cleared to play, and Washington is in the hunt for 1st place, while having a solid defense. He almost certainly gives them the best chance to win.
What a story this would be, would love to see Smith get back in and succeed. 

I was reading some stuff about starting QB who are benched in the NFL rarely getting a second chance to be a starter. That looks to be where Haskins career is heading, but maybe if Allen plays poorly they give Haskins another shot this year?
Yeah, but I can't remember a time in league history when there are as many geezers starting around the NFL. Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben are all beating father time right now.

There are also some other young guys around the league that may be trying to reboot their career in a different city so there could be some musical chairs going on in the near future(Trubisky/Darnold). There are also a few of guys that seem to be regressing from their rookie year(Mayfield/Wentz/Jones). And a couple of guys that still haven't proven much(Garoppolo/Lock). Will Foles/Newton/Bridgewater be the long term answer where they are now?

Not saying WAS has or should give up on Haskins right now, just pointing out that there may be some musical chairs happening in the QB world in the near future.

Redskins 1st round QB picks.  I may have missed a couple.  But other than Snead and Baugh, we are talking bad, bad picks.  Woof.

2020 Haskins

2012 RG3

2002 Patrick Ramsey

1994 Heath Shuler

1961 Norm Snead*

1960  Richie Lucas

1959  Don Allard

1955 Ralph Guglielmi

1953 JackScarbath

1948 Harry Gilmer

1945 Jim Hardy

1937 Sammy Baugh*
2005: Jason Campbell

Was he a 1st? I really liked him.  Wanted him to work so bad.
Yes, he was a first. They traded up for him.

He might be the third best QB on that list. Baugh is obviously 1 and Snead 2. I really don't know anything about all those guys between Baugh and Snead

The other possibility is that Rivera thinks he's seen enough and Haskins is done. If that's the case, then you got to see if Allen can be the guy.

If this move is ONLY to win short term, then that may not be the best rationale..
I don't think either rationale makes any sense. He's replacing Haskins with a guy who he already had to bench last year. So Rivera needs to see 4 games from Haskins, but still hasn't made up his mind about Allen after most of a season. 

If he thinks they have a chance to compete, without debating the dubiousness of that possibility, wouldn't Smith make the best choice?

What the hell do I know anyway. Apparently I'm missing some special trait from Allen and he's on the brink of greatness.

No qb can perform in this offense u less they are very mobile.  At this rate should have let Haskins play.  Now he’s ubrill wed the team on Twitter and they are talking trade.  What a :trainwreck: 

Users who are viewing this thread