What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (2 Viewers)

Andrew Brandt for what it's worth.

I continue to disagree with narratives about Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins, who has been franchise-tagged for the second consecutive year, and the team’s alleged dysfunction of handling his contract status. Having been on both sides as a team executive and as a player agent, I’m not seeing any of this here.
Last year, the team and Cousins negotiated a $15-16 million level before applying the $20 million franchise tag. And, I am told, they were surprised that Cousins, who had made little in career earnings at that point, didn’t jump at such a deal. Should Washington have negotiated at a higher level last year? Well, the top “true free agent” quarterback, Brock Osweiler, wasn’t able to garner much more than that ($17 million a year) and Washington was able to “rent” Cousins at a high one-year number despite being apart on valuation.

Spinning it to the present, Cousins's camp sees the $24 million tag number as a fresh data point for average per year on a long-term contract. And while Washington may be willing to go above the level of their negotiations last year, they are not going to the $24 million level for more than one season, a contract that would make Cousins the second-highest player in the NFL (only behind Andrew Luck).

As to Cousins having leverage, well, he had leverage to get a $24 million, one-year deal. Beyond that, the tag has stripped him of leverage to get the long-term deal he wants. Washington has plenty of salary cap room and can negotiate (or not) at whatever level they like with the tag as a powerful safety net in negotiations. And while Cousins may have more leverage next year, the team can start to plan on life without him if they choose to do so.

I tend to agree with your analysis that there could be good defensive players available and I'd like to see us move that way -- and that's even if we let both Jackson and Garcon go.  If the Redskins go WR in the first round this year I will scream.  Plus:  http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/03/wmu_wr_corey_davis_a_top_nfl_p.html

INDIANAPOLIS -- Record-setting Western Michigan receiver Corey Davis has suffered an ankle injury that could jeopardize his place as the top receiver in this year's NFL draft.

Davis bowed out of the Senior Bowl with a shoulder injury, then subsequently tore two ligaments in his ankle and underwent surgery six weeks ago. He expects to be back to full speed by April, and will have no problem being ready for the start of rookie minicamp.

I know prolly no big deal on the injury front, but ...but... Doctson.  :wall:

I still think a RB can be found in mid to late rounds...
That's a fair point.

Doctson seems like he's been day-to-day for nearly a year.

I agree with you in terms of RB in general, especially in a year when the RB position is this deep.

With Taco Charlton and Quincy Wilson still on the board I'd be pretty pissed if they took Davis there.  I will admit that I don't often like taking a WR in the 1st round though.  

I also think Dalvin Cook is going to be pretty special and wouldn't mind seeing him in Baltimore or Washington.
Quincy Wilson wasn't on my radar but Taco Charlton(and Malik McDowell) were on my short list.

To me, I am not a 'Skins fan but saw all their games last season, they already have a RBBC set up they just need a RB1 in that RBBC and there are a lot of guys that could fill that role in this draft imo. Maybe I'm giving Kelley/Thompson too much credit but I think they are pretty solid as #2/#3 RB's in a rotation. For that matter I think Jones is solid as a #4. Seems to me they have much bigger needs than a first round RB, but I also look at the RB differently than most positions. IMO you want a group of them and only expect to get ~4 years out of them at a cheap rookie contract.... rinse, and repeat. If you luck out and pick up a Forte maybe you give him another contract. If you hit on a WR he may be a starter for 10 years. The jackpot potential just seems higher at WR to me, at least the direction the league is heading where 2/3rds of down and distances are considered passing situations. 

All that said Cook was on my short list though! Weren't his athleticism scores a little disappointing at the combine? I normally HATE when guys get dinged after the games end BUT when it comes to athleticism scores of RB/WR/CB/S I do pay more attention.

This Redskins squad needs defense, defense, defense aaand...

...defense. So much so that if I were forced to choose between Chris Baker and D-Jax, I'd take Baker. I have my suspicions about Gruden's long-term viability as a Head Coach, not just with the 'skins, but in general. I have a sneaky feeling he's going to do his best work as an Offensive Coordinator, a la Norv over his career. If we're moving forward with Gruden/Kirk, Chris Thompson, Crowder and a healthy Jordan Reed, I have no doubt that we'll be able to find WR through free agency and later in the Draft that Gruden/Kirk can make functional use of given 6 months time, as long as they get 1 speed guy that is legitimate enough for defenses to pay attention to. I'm not a fan of Kelly as anything more than a role-player, and I think that Jones is likely gone, but I agree that Thompson/Kelly/Brown is 1 unique piece (again, a pure speed guy - which may be Keith Marshall) away from being the kind of RBBC where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, and I'd be comfortable moving forward with that group. Again, something that can be addressed via bringing in all sorts of free agent bodies, especially UDFA's, and using a late-round pick or two. Outside of defense, defense and defense, the only other position I'd like to see a premium pick address is O-Line. I hope and pray the front office gets it's #### worked out soon, and it works out for the best for all of us, especially those of who pay for Season Tickets.

This Redskins squad needs defense, defense, defense aaand...

...defense. So much so that if I were forced to choose between Chris Baker and D-Jax, I'd take Baker. I have my suspicions about Gruden's long-term viability as a Head Coach, not just with the 'skins, but in general. I have a sneaky feeling he's going to do his best work as an Offensive Coordinator, a la Norv over his career. If we're moving forward with Gruden/Kirk, Chris Thompson, Crowder and a healthy Jordan Reed, I have no doubt that we'll be able to find WR through free agency and later in the Draft that Gruden/Kirk can make functional use of given 6 months time, as long as they get 1 speed guy that is legitimate enough for defenses to pay attention to. I'm not a fan of Kelly as anything more than a role-player, and I think that Jones is likely gone, but I agree that Thompson/Kelly/Brown is 1 unique piece (again, a pure speed guy - which may be Keith Marshall) away from being the kind of RBBC where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, and I'd be comfortable moving forward with that group. Again, something that can be addressed via bringing in all sorts of free agent bodies, especially UDFA's, and using a late-round pick or two. Outside of defense, defense and defense, the only other position I'd like to see a premium pick address is O-Line. I hope and pray the front office gets it's #### worked out soon, and it works out for the best for all of us, especially those of who pay for Season Tickets.
I was leaning toward FS in the second round(after Hooker got taken before me in round 1) because it sounds like they are planning on playing Cravens more often at SS in '17. That means they need a cover safety and I was even thinking that one of the big corners(Desmond King/Keven King) could make the transition. 

I completely agree with you in regards to Baker btw and if Caleb Brantley(or maybe even Chris Wormley) were available in the 2nd round I wouldn't be opposed to taking DL in the 2nd round. 

And just so you know Zach Cunningham was also on my short list for the first round so plenty of defensive players were being considered. His versatility is certainly appealing as are his coverage skills. He seems like the type of player that could easily find a place or multiple places to contribute to the defense. With Cravens moving more toward safety and less toward nickel LB Cunningham could develop into that role nicely. 

@ChadwikoRCC

UPDATE: 

RCC told that Cousins to 49ers is all but done. 

Consider it 90% likely, minimum. 

No word on specifics, to be announced later.

I see others on twitter, who I don't recognize, confirming they are hearing stuff. Don't see anything yet from the main redskins reporters or national media. 

I see others on twitter, who I don't recognize, confirming they are hearing stuff. Don't see anything yet from the main redskins reporters or national media. 
this is what i am seeing as well.  I will believe it when i see a reputable person reporting it.  Also, glad to see Scott is alive and proudly rocking the redskins gear!!

@ChadwikoRCC

UPDATE: 

RCC told that Cousins to 49ers is all but done. 

Consider it 90% likely, minimum. 

No word on specifics, to be announced later.

I've read several articles from the last hour and the only source I've seen is @ChadwickoRCC.  I'm not believing this. 2/3 of rumors we hear are false this time of year, probably more than that.

I've read several articles from the last hour and the only source I've seen is @ChadwickoRCC.  I'm not believing this. 2/3 of rumors we hear are false this time of year, probably more than that.
yep.  remember that 3 way trade that was being confirmed a few days ago!  :lmao:

Just read Rich Tandler reporting that Mike Silver is reporting it as "unsourced opinion", lol. This rumor is spreading like an STD!

With the Washington  Post and NY Times both on hyerdrive pulling the "unnamed souce" BS ad nauseum since the election, I've kinda become numb to it. Rumors are fun, but I'm not buying anything at this time of the NFL year until it's  official.

I hate the idea of completely rebuilding but what should they do if Kirk doesn't want to sign a long term deal? Pay him 24 million and then watch him walk away and get nothing the following off season? I think they may have to trade him and just cut their losses. 

I hate the idea of completely rebuilding but what should they do if Kirk doesn't want to sign a long term deal? Pay him 24 million and then watch him walk away and get nothing the following off season? I think they may have to trade him and just cut their losses. 
If he really doesn't want to be here, they have no choice but to trade him. And if he doesn't want to be here, then eff him

Thinking abou trade values, this was interesting.

Despite a report by ESPN that the Patriots won't trade Jimmy Garoppolo, I'm told that nothing has changed and that teams -- including the Browns -- will still try to land him.

One source told me he believes it might take as much as a No. 1 this year and No. 1 next year -- which I'm sure the Browns won't be willing to do. But if New England will accept their No. 12 overall pick and maybe another later selection, I think the Browns would strongly consider that.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

With the WR market still settling, #49ers set their sights on signing Pierre Garcon, sources say. He's familiar with Kyle Shanahan's system

The Redskins have also expressed interest in defensive tackle Lawrence Guy, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. The 26-year-old spent the last three seasons with the Baltimore Ravens. He recorded 28 combined tackles, a sack and a forced fumble in 16 games (10 starts) in 2016. NFL.com listed him as the eighth best interior pass rusher last year, averaging 4.24 yards to the quarterback. Listed at 6-4, 305 pounds, Guy had his best season in 2015 when he recorded a career-high 4.5 sacks in 16 games (six starts). Washington’s interest in Guy falls in line with the team’s approach to seek out second-tier players at the start of free agency for the second straight offseason. The team is also reportedly interested in Cowboys free agenct Terrell McClain.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/03/07/redskins-show-little-early-activity-as-nfl-free-agency-begins

The Redskins have expressed interest in wide receiver Marquise Goodwin, according to multiple people with knowledge of the situation. With Jackson’s departure imminent, Washington will be lacking a deep threat on its roster to open up the middle of the field for tight end Jordan Reed and wide receiver Jamison Crowder. The Redskins would gain that in Goodwin, a track and field athlete that qualified for the 2012 U.S. Olympic team in the long jump. Goodwin set a personal best in the 60-meter dash at 6.67 seconds last year during the U.S. indoor track and field championships. Goodwin, 26, has spent all four NFL seasons with the Buffalo Bills and recorded a career-high 29 catches for 431 receiving yards in 15 games (nine starts) last season.
Oh hooray, a fast guy.

It has expressed interest in wide receiver Andre Holmes, who has been on the Oakland Raiders for the last four seasons. Holmes had 14 catches for 126 receiving yards in 16 games (two starts) last year with three touchdowns.
Oh hooray, 14 catches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winning the offseason again.

It’s still just March, but the Redskins probably don’t have to worry about being labeled boring this offseason. Did any team make more news in the first few days of March? Just in the last week, their general manager went underground amid confusing circumstances, they were the subject of a nonsensical rumor about a three-way trade, they gave a two-year extension to their head coach, they saw reports that a key contributor on defense is facing a substance-related suspension, and they saw other reports that a key contributor on offense had demanded a trade.
Thread title idea.

A year ago it seemed like the old Redskins circus had finally closed up shop. Jay Gruden grew into a very good head coach with a rock-solid staff behind him, and Washington had a potential long-term answer at quarterback and arguably the best talent-evaluator of the past decade as their GM. The team was coming off a playoff berth. There was no drama.

Not anymore. … One source described the vibe in DC succinctly: “Just a bunch of strange s—.”

If he really doesn't want to be here, they have no choice but to trade him. And if he doesn't want to be here, then eff him
I'd rather them sign him.  But what gives me pause is that he has yet to sign his franchise tag.  Is this a move to "wait the Redskins out?" 

In the end, Cousins may or may not end up playing for the team, but it is totally in the Redskins court to move this to a completion. I continue to think they should just make him a fair offer -- and by fair I mean what everyone thinks he'll get on the market, be it 23 or 24/year or whatever.  Let him either sign it or not sign it.  If he will not sign it, then give him the trade.  Do this over the next two weeks.  EIther, sign or trade...and move on.  KIcking the can down the road to July is pointless.  Some may say that these guys like to negotiate to the deadline but I think this is different because I think everyone knows what the price is. 

And this really comes down to whether the Redskins think he's worth it.  Bottom line, if they are ready to invest 22 per year then just freaking pony up the other 1 or 2.  Yes, perhaps that's one Free Agent you won't get but it's not like you are not gonna sign any or you are going to sign none.  Furthermore, if you believe the rumors, then saving money on Kirk is NOT getting us more free agents but instead people don't want to come here because we are such a dumpster fire not resolving this.  Even resolving it in favor of McCoy is a sign of some sort of stability because we will have decided KC aint worth it...I disagree but would at least respect our freaking making a decision on it!

Either way, Snyder needs to make the best FOOTBALL DECISION because these media jackals and online trolls are going to call the Redskins "a joke" no matter what they do.  If they sign KC, they'll be a joke for overspending. San Fran will be geniouses for passing.    If they let him walk, they'll be a joke for letting go of a franchise guy.  And San Fran will be geniouses for scooping up the next Brett Freaking Farve!  See how easy that was?  I could be a Washington Post journalist or a "NFL insider!"  Now, Snyder, they are going to bust on you no matter what so man up and make the football decision you think is best and MOVE ON!

/rant off

Same link as last one.

They're just getting creamed in the press, and it's hard to defend them.
You know, I can totally understand if they have internal problems.  All organizations do. But I can't help but think if they would just communicate better with the public it wouldn't seem so catastrophically bad.

Take an extreme instance, let's say Allen and Scot M can't work together and it cannot be reconciled.  Then admit you made a "bad hire for your organization", explain it to the press, and turn the page.  Folks may not agree with your decision.  They may even be angry with you.  But they will get over it eventually if you are open and provide a clear and consistent rationale for your actions.

Ditto with KC.  Everyone says we made a mistake last year not signing him.  You need to openly reject that narrative, just as Scot M did last year, when he said, "I said we wanted to evaluate him for the year and then we'd 'overpay' him if he came through."  OK, fast forward to today.  Replay that remark and state either:  a.) he prooved it, we're going to offer X, Y, and Z -- we want KC here up to him to accept or b.) after evaluation, we feel that it's not the right fit and we've decided to move on.  Explain it.  Don't worry if people agree or disagree or what Mike Jones will write about you.  Mike Jones' is a great guy I'm sure but really shouldn't be in a position to mold team policy with his articles.  Again, just make the football decision you think is best and explain it.

Folks may not like your explanations but they are better than complete silence in the face of confusion...

Just want to give props to Garcon.  For a disgruntled player, it never showed on the field. He played hard and fought for everything.  

To have a guy like him not want to come back (and perhaps the same with Kirk), that speaks volumes about the organization.  Good players beg to go to NE, and they beg to get out of DC.

ETA:  And it's so in synch with why everyone on this board believed McCloughan's moves had been very average.  He wasn't making a lot of them.  So much of it was a farce.  Who can blame him if he did go back to the bottle?  

But it's not that simple if Scott really has had a relapse. That's a pretty delicate situation that might not be fixed by making everything public. 
This is true enough..I agree. If he has asked for privacy then you certainly need to respect that.  So what I said is not "absolute."  That said, I still think they could communicate better.  But, I take your point...

This is true enough..I agree. If he has asked for privacy then you certainly need to respect that.  So what I said is not "absolute."  That said, I still think they could communicate better.  But, I take your point...
Something like this:

"Scot is going through some personal issues at the moment and is away from the team. The team is in constant contact with Scot and is working a plan for FA and the draft. At the time when Scot is ready to come back, the team will welcome him back with open arms."

Seems simple enough, right?

From Mike Jones:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/03/07/redskins-show-little-early-activity-as-nfl-free-agency-begins/?utm_term=.89097c491038

Lots of "morsels" in there:

-- Garcon likely gone to 49ers

-- Thinking of signing Dontario Poe and remaining in base 3-4 D

-- Chris Thompson and Will Compton given FA tenders

-- Splashes cold water on the "KC is traded to 49ers done deal" rumors

-- Skins seek DLine help.

More below:

The NFL’s free agent negotiation period begins Tuesday at noon ET, with the signing period starting Thursday at 4 p.m. ET. Throughout it all The Post’s reporters will bring you the latest updates on Washington’s free agent targets — both in-house and external — and break down what their arrivals — and departures — mean for the Redskins moving forward.

The post will be updated regularly. Please check back and refresh the page for updates.

The latest

The Redskins made their first move overnight, with more action possible today. Here’s what we know right now.

Pierre Garcon to sign big-money deal with 49ers

Reports indicate Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon will be heading to the San Francisco 49ers on a heavily front-loaded contract.

When Pierre Garcon finalizes deal with 49ers, as expected, league sources believe he will make $16 million in first year.

— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) March 8, 2017

The Redskins and the receiver were expected to part ways and there was strong interest from the 49ers to acquire Garcon, according to multiple people with knowledge of the situation. New 49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan was the main reason why Garcon signed with Washington from Indianapolis in 2012.

Redskins reportedly taking a look at Dontari Poe

The Washington Redskins will still incorporate a base 3-4 defense under defensive coordinator Greg Manusky, but they’re looking for versatile defensive linemen. NFL teams are typically in a 4-3 defense when they’re in the nickel, a subpackage that defenses are in for the majority of the game in today’s pass-happy NFL.

That would mean that along with seeking a nose tackle and a four-technique defensive end in a traditional 3-4 defense, the Redskins would need defensive linemen that can play as one-technique and three-technique when lined up in the 4-3 as well.

The Redskins are reportedly interested in defensive tackle Dontari Poe, per CBS Sports. He would be a great addition for their defensive line as a prototypical nose tackle with the ability to play the one-technique in the nickel. Washington has struggled over the last few seasons to find a nose tackle it can keep on the field for all three downs, but Poe would serve as a significant upgrade with the versatility needed at the position.

Poe, 26, spent all five NFL seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs and has proven to be very durable throughout his career, missing just two career games. He had 27 combined tackles, 1.5 sacks, three passes defended and a forced fumble in 2016.

Chris Thompson, Will Compton extended free agent tenders

With Thursday’s 4 p.m. deadline looming, the Washington Redskins announced on Wednesday that they have extended running back Chris Thompson and inside linebacker Will Compton their restricted free agent tenders.

Both players can still negotiate with other teams, but Washington reserves the right to match any offers within seven days. If the Redskins do not match the deal they would receive compensation in the form of the draft pick tender that they placed on Thompson and/or Compton Wednesday. It wasn’t immediately known what tender the team placed on either player.

Coaches spoke highly of both players throughout the season, and both players departed for the offseason having received the impression that they would be retained. But the team hadn’t made a move or communicated with either as of Tuesday evening. But then came the announcement on Wednesday.

Thompson was considered one of the better third-down backs in the league last season when he averaged 5.2 yards per carry and 7.1 yards per catch and scored five touchdowns (three rushing, two receiving). Coaches also view him as a valuable leader of his position group.

Compton, meanwhile, was Washington’s second-leading tackler (128 in 2016) and served as the quarterback of the defense and was described by coaches and teammates as a coach on the field.

There’s no Kirk Cousins-to-the-Niners deal

Not sure how it picked up steam, but a source said there's no truth to a Kirk Cousins-49ers trade being "all but done." #Redskins

— Master Tesfatsion (@MasterTes) March 8, 2017

If you were holding your breath, you can stop now. This doesn’t mean Cousins will not be traded, however and Washington could weigh his trade value throughout the offseason, even as it attempts to get him under a long-term contract.

Redskins re-sign Vernon Davis to three-year deal

After a fairly quiet Tuesday, the Redskins re-signed tight end Vernon Davis to a three-year, $15-million deal in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

Davis announced the news via Snapchat, and a person with knowledge of the situation revealed the financial terms to The Washington Post.

The Redskins had long hoped to re-sign the 33-year-old Davis, who last season revived his career after joining his hometown team. Davis had 44 catches for 583 yards and two touchdowns and also served as a valuable run-blocker. (Read More)

Washington shopping for help on the D-line

The Redskins are in the market for defensive linemen. The Redskins have also expressed interest in defensive tackle Lawrence Guy, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. The 26-year-old spent the last three seasons with the Baltimore Ravens. He recorded 28 combined tackles, a sack and a forced fumble in 16 games (10 starts) in 2016. NFL.com listed him as the eighth best interior pass rusher last year, averaging 4.24 yards to the quarterback.

Listed at 6-4, 305 pounds, Guy had his best season in 2015 when he recorded a career-high 4.5 sacks in 16 games (six starts). Washington’s interest in Guy falls in line with the team’s approach to seek out second-tier players at the start of free agency for the second straight offseason. The team is also reportedly interested in Cowboys free agent Terrell McClain.

Redskins, Jackson and Garcon still expected to part ways

Along with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Philadelphia Eagles, New England Patriots and the Dallas Cowboys also have inquired about wide receiver DeSean Jackson, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, it’s expected that the Redskins and Jackson will part ways, multiple people with knowledge of the situation have indicated.

Should he land with the Bucs, Jackson would join an offense with quarterback Jameis Winston and Pro Bowl wide receiver Mike Evans.

Meanwhile, Pierre Garcon still is also expected to wind up elsewhere. The favorite to land the services of the 30-year-old Garcon: Kyle Shanahan and the San Francisco 49ers. Shanahan was the main reason Garcon signed with Washington from Indianapolis in 2012. The Rams, the Bears and Eagles also have been linked to Garcon, but San Francisco is believed to have the strongest chance of landing him.

Could Marquise Goodwin be Redskins’ new deep threat?

The Redskins have expressed interest in wide receiver Marquise Goodwin, according to multiple people with knowledge of the situation. With Jackson’s departure imminent, Washington will be lacking a deep threat on its roster to open up the middle of the field for tight end Jordan Reed and wide receiver Jamison Crowder. The Redskins would gain that in Goodwin, a track and field athlete that qualified for the 2012 U.S. Olympic team in the long jump. Goodwin set a personal best in the 60-meter dash at 6.67 seconds last year during the U.S. indoor track and field championships.

Goodwin, 26, has spent all four NFL seasons with the Buffalo Bills and recorded a career-high 29 catches for 431 receiving yards in 15 games (nine starts) last season. He averaged 14.9 yards per reception to go along with three touchdowns.

Scot McCloughan not at Redskins Park for start of free agent negotiations

The GM’s absence from the team continues after not attending last week’s NFL Scouting Combine. (Read More)

Mailbag: How free agency impacts Kirk Cousins trade talk

As free agent QBs come off the board, there may be increased demand for Cousins before the draft. (Read More)

Keeping their own

Last year, the Redskins locked up a number of their own players before free agency began, this year they started with Vernon Davis, but have otherwise been quiet thus far.

The Redskins tendered offensive linemen Ty Nsekhe and Vinston Painter, both exclusive rights free agents, last week, but they haven’t done much else at this point. While there have been conversations as of late between with wide receivers Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson, they are both expected to hit the market with free agency opens Thursday. And as noted above, there is heavy early interest in Jackson.

The Redskins want to bring defensive lineman Chris Baker, but he could be out of their price range as other suitors are expected to make a run at him this week.

Sports Daily newsletter

Sports news with a focus on D.C. area teams.

Washington also has two restricted free agents, linebacker Will Compton and running back Chris Thompson, that it would like to bring back in 2017.

The market at large

The Redskins will be eyeing a number of second-tier free agents this offseason. They will be in the market for a defensive tackle and expressed interest in defensive lineman Terrell McClain, who spent the last three seasons with the Dallas Cowboys. McClain started 15 games last year and finished with 40 total tackles, 2.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. He has the versatility to play the zero, one and three-technique positions as an interior lineman.

Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle Lawrence Guy could also be a target, as noted above, according to sources.

Washington could also look to add another wide receiver at a more affordable price than what Garcon and Jackson will receive. In addition to the interest in Marquise Goodwin, mentioned earlier, it has expressed interest in wide receiver Andre Holmes, who has been on the Oakland Raiders for the last four seasons. Holmes had 14 catches for 126 receiving yards in 16 games (two starts) last year with three touchdowns.

Thoughts:

1. They better hang on to Chris Baker. If they sign a couple other good d-linemen he will be a valuable asset and play well for years.

2. Friday morning this week: Garcon is gone, Jackson is gone. What's Cousins's value then?

3. I'm leaning toward Sebowski for GM. He has beer.

Several gems from the article:

"La Canfora mentions that former Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik has already surfaced as a potential candidate for (Scot's GM) job, given that he previously worked with Bruce Allen. However, La Canfora isn’t sure that they will go with Dominik and wonders if Alex Santos could be someone they consider."

Shocker that Bruce Allen is looking through his Tampa Bay connections.  :yucky:

"Redskins VP of communications Tony Wyllie was asked about McCloughan’s absence today but responded by saying: “We’re busy with free agency.”"

I guess this is a reprise of "We're in personnel meetings."  Question:  Is Tony Wyllie the devil, or does he just work FOR the devil?  Or is he a puppet with room for both Allen and Snyder to put their hands up his ####? :yucky:

"We’ll have more regarding McCloughan as the news is available"

Oh, I know you will!

:yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

Thoughts:

1. They better hang on to Chris Baker. If they sign a couple other good d-linemen he will be a valuable asset and play well for years.

2. Friday morning this week: Garcon is gone, Jackson is gone. What's Cousins's value then?

3. I'm leaning toward Sebowski for GM. He has beer.
"LIke" bolded section...

BTW this morning Cooley got a bit pissed at Sheehan on the air and asked how much Sheehan liked his job, how his kids were doing, reminded him that stocking shelves didn't pay well. Sheehan wasn't too impressed and then asked Cooley how he liked his job. Cooley asked "which one? My one job or the VP job?" Turns out Cooley draws 2 paychecks --- one from the station and one from the Redskins.

I've really grown to dislike that guy.

BTW this morning Cooley got a bit pissed at Sheehan on the air and asked how much Sheehan liked his job, how his kids were doing, reminded him that stocking shelves didn't pay well. Sheehan wasn't too impressed and then asked Cooley how he liked his job. Cooley asked "which one? My one job or the VP job?" Turns out Cooley draws 2 paychecks --- one from the station and one from the Redskins.

What is he VP of?

Cooley is the worst

But it's not that simple if Scott really has had a relapse. That's a pretty delicate situation that might not be fixed by making everything public. 
I totally agree with this but remember that something fairly similar has already happened twice and San Fran and Seattle both managed to handle it relatively quietly. And they may be wrong, but the general consensus among the media is that Scot is not going to stick around so there's probably not good reason for Bruce to cover for Scot til he gets better. 

I'm sure Scot shares some blame but I never give the front office the benefit of the doubt, track record is just too much of a mess. It'll all come out sooner or later, always does. 

Users who are viewing this thread