What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (4 Viewers)

Signed to the practice squad today: T Victor Salako, DB Mauricee Smith

My reaction.

John Keim‏Verified account @john_keim 2h2 hours ago

S Deshazor Everett will be out a couple more weeks. He was on a scooter with his right ankle in a boot this morning.
John Keim‏Verified account @john_keim 2h2 hours ago

Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan said RB Chris Thompson underwent an MRI today on his foot. Status unknown at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
JP Finlay‏Verified account @JPFinlayNBCS 3h3 hours ago

Interesting note from Callahan on his use of analytics from different ref crews. Says he looks what refs call what penalties and tries to adjust week to week.
The only thing interesting about that is that it wasn't being done already. One of the many ways Gruden was lazy and sloppy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete Hailey‏ @PeteHaileyNBCS 7h7 hours ago

Here’s something: The #Redskins‘ 145 rushing yards vs. the Dolphins were actually 30 fewer yards than Miami was allowing coming into the game. So, it was a big jump from what they were doing, but it still fell short of what Miami usually gives up

Hearing some rumors Trent to Cleveland.  Keim says no though.   :popcorn:
What rationale could they possibly have for not trading him at this point.  They are actively working to ensure that the team not only stinks now, but in the future as well.

Truly incredible.

What rationale could they possibly have for not trading him at this point.  They are actively working to ensure that the team not only stinks now, but in the future as well.

Truly incredible.
Ramsey was also not available and was traded for a boat load.  So keeping Williams off the market is the best way to get the maximum for him.

Of course, we all know the Redskins don't have a plan here and Bruce Allen will butcher the situation.

Truly incredible.
Only possible explanation is that they think they can get a Ramsey sized haul for him.  Good luck with that.

If you aren't certain of whether or not Kyle Shanahan wants to stick it to the Redskins this Sunday, you should listen to his press conference. 

When Kyle was asked about what he liked most about coaching for the 'Skins, he said "working with my dad and some other good coaches".  When asked what he disliked the most, he said "Everything else".    

If you aren't certain of whether or not Kyle Shanahan wants to stick it to the Redskins this Sunday, you should listen to his press conference. 

When Kyle was asked about what he liked most about coaching for the 'Skins, he said "working with my dad and some other good coaches".  When asked what he disliked the most, he said "Everything else".    
Earlier, there was a discussion on how the Redskins let Sean McVay get away.  Why no discussion on how the Redskins let Kyle Shanahan get away.

Obviously he was never going to be HC here after what his father and he went through.

Note to Redskins:  step 1 on getting or keeping a good coach:  make it a desirable place to work.

I feel a little bad for Gruden. He never got to pick his own QB, right? I’m trying to remember the sequence. It looked like he was finally onto something with Alex Smith & then the crazy Joe Theismann karmic injury bit the team. A TE with chronic concussions, draft a franchise type RB who keeps getting seriously hurt. Can go on and on. 

Gruden seems like a pretty decent coach. Redskins might be more snake bit than the Bengals.

soeaking of - might the Redskins hire Marvin Lewis next? 

Statorama said:
Only possible explanation is that they think they can get a Ramsey sized haul for him.  Good luck with that.
Last I read they’re not even listening to offers. For a player who’s said he will never play another snap for them. 

i have no words. 

If you knew who Bruce Allen is as a person, you'd realize he's doing this to Williams simply out of spite.  Typical Bruce, that we've suffered with for too long now. I know that may sound incredulous to some, but there's a track record, and the insiders affirm it. Par for the course, and I'm worried I'm becoming numb to it.

I feel a little bad for Gruden. He never got to pick his own QB, right? I’m trying to remember the sequence. It looked like he was finally onto something with Alex Smith & then the crazy Joe Theismann karmic injury bit the team. A TE with chronic concussions, draft a franchise type RB who keeps getting seriously hurt. Can go on and on. 

Gruden seems like a pretty decent coach. Redskins might be more snake bit than the Bengals.

soeaking of - might the Redskins hire Marvin Lewis next? 
As an outsider, I agree with your take on Gruden

As an outsider, I agree with your take on Gruden
He also got to watch his brother win a superbowl in perhaps the least challenging manner possible. I mean, credit where due - Chucky won a SB.

...against his former team, and former OC, using largely the same playbook, with an elite defense he inherited from Tony Dungy, against a team who’s starting center went MIA on a BI-polar bender in TJ.

that's some set of fortunate circumstances. 

meanwhile Jay is like Charlie Brown at Xmas. “I got a rock”. 

Charlie Brown Halloween is on this Tuesday night, if I'm not mistaken. A ray of sunshine between  Revenge of the Kyle showing today and Revenge of the Kirk showing on RNF...

Oddly enough, I forgot the skins were even playing today. Had errands to take care of, brunch with the kids, and some PS4 time. Just checked in to see a 9-0 score. In all honesty, can it get bad enough for Allen to go? I mean, this season HAS to be rock bottom. If this doesn't do it, what will?

Oddly enough, I forgot the skins were even playing today. Had errands to take care of, brunch with the kids, and some PS4 time. Just checked in to see a 9-0 score. In all honesty, can it get bad enough for Allen to go? I mean, this season HAS to be rock bottom. If this doesn't do it, what will?
My prediction from earlier:  another Zorn-like hiring cycle, where the Redskins interview the hot coaching candidates and then they withdraw from consideration.  They end up with someone no one else was even considering.  And they look terrible for the next season.  Then maybe Allen will go.

It also looks like the Redskins will seriously consider Kevin O'Connell.  But if he is a hot prospect, he may not accept.  

That would only be a possibility if they were listening to trades period.  But they're not.
If I was GM, I would publicly say we are not trading Williams.  But I would listen to all offers and deal him before the trade deadline.  My best guess is a 2nd round pick would be a good floor for what to get in return.

I would also try to trade Josh Norman.  If you can get a 7th round pick, go for it.  He probably should have been traded or cut last off season.

You want to see embarrassing.  Cousins is going to put up about 500 yards on them this Thursday even without Thielen.

Maybe he can't play when it matters, but MIN is paying him $28M, while the Skins are paying Smith, Keenum, and McCoy $28M combined to throw about 10 passes per game (thankfully not more since DEN paying most of Keenum's deal).  Man, give me Cousins every single day over those three.  Even is Smith was healthy.  Fans can brush it off like they weren't going anywhere with Cousins, but he far exceeded anything else this team had since probably Brad Johnson.

More of Bruce winning the deal in his own diluted mind.  Hey, he didn't pay Cousins.  Hey, he's not going to budge on Trent.  I guess that's what he means by winning off the field.

If I was GM, I would publicly say we are not trading Williams.  But I would listen to all offers and deal him before the trade deadline.  My best guess is a 2nd round pick would be a good floor for what to get in return.

I would also try to trade Josh Norman.  If you can get a 7th round pick, go for it.  He probably should have been traded or cut last off season.
Browns gm came out talking about trying to trade for Williams but couldn't even get a foot in the door.

It's not bluster to keep his value up. It's Bruce being a bad gm.

Do any of you remember a similar game maybe 20 or so years ago? It was a late-season Saturday game Skins vs Jets in pouring rain. Neither team was any good and it ended up something like 6-3. 

Do any of you remember a similar game maybe 20 or so years ago? It was a late-season Saturday game Skins vs Jets in pouring rain. Neither team was any good and it ended up something like 6-3. 
It was 3-0. I remember the Redskins had a chance to tie but the FG snap went off the holder’s helmet. I think the next offseason introduced some rule changes to increase scoring/offense.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199312110was.htm

Another source said the Redskins haven’t had a meaningful dialogue with Williams’ representatives in “more than a month” — adding: “It’s to the point of being a personal thing now between Trent and Bruce. I don’t think Bruce is going to back down from it now. It might just have to play itself out because it’s not like Dan [Snyder] is going to intervene the way Shad Khan did with the [Jalen] Ramsey deal. Bruce is more likely to tell Dan what to do in this situation than the other way around.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-are-trying-to-help-baker-mayfield-with-a-trade-deadline-acquisition-171634498.html

I guess we've officially hit rock bottom. Nationally televised game and the team doesn't even warrant a single comment. People still talking baseball. Is there even a fan base any more?

This team is just brutal to watch right now. They haven't scored a touchdown since the 3rd Q of the MIA game, over 9 quarters of football since then.

In the last 5 games, they have scored 3, 7, 17, 0, & 9 points. The MIA game where they scored 17, they were facing a defense allowing a league high 35.2 points per game.

Defense is hanging in there since Gruden was canned, but not generating any turnovers and it's hard to evaluate them when we are constantly playing from behind.

Just a really disheartening season. Honestly the main reason I even wanted to watch last nights game was because Cook is on my fantasy team. Outside of the uniform, I feel like I have zero attachment to this team anymore. And even if we do stumble into some success under Snyder/Allen, I fear it will be short lived with those 2 running the show.

The majority of my adult life as a Redskins fan has been during the Snyder regime, so I am quickly running out of Gibbs era love for this team that I grew up with. I can't bring myself to root for another team, even the Ravens, so at this point I am just stuck with this perpetually mediocre franchise and Snyder until I die most likely.

Not a big deal in the long run, just really annoying that this team went from an elite franchise to a league wide laughing stock in such a relatively short time frame.

They should just give the ball to AP on every down until he gets 1000 yards. That's the only thing this team is ever going to be remembered for, anyway.

They should just give the ball to AP on every down until he gets 1000 yards. That's the only thing this team is ever going to be remembered for, anyway.
Yup - and quality move last night by the Vikings for acknowledging him passing either one or two other RBs on the all time list. 

Users who are viewing this thread