Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
dgreen

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Redskins “Treadmill to Nowhere” Thread

3 hours ago, fatness said:

Proud of the boys.

How 'bout them NATS!!!! 

Beat the consensus #1 pitcher in the majors in Game 1, and a first-ballot Hall of Famer in Week 2.  

Can you imagine what Soto's gonna be like in 5 years?     

I guess we've officially hit rock bottom. Nationally televised game and the team doesn't even warrant a single comment. People still talking baseball. Is there even a fan base any more?

im just hopin for the number 1 pick and for haskins to get more work so he can learn.  I think its time.

This team is just brutal to watch right now. They haven't scored a touchdown since the 3rd Q of the MIA game, over 9 quarters of football since then.

In the last 5 games, they have scored 3, 7, 17, 0, & 9 points. The MIA game where they scored 17, they were facing a defense allowing a league high 35.2 points per game.

Defense is hanging in there since Gruden was canned, but not generating any turnovers and it's hard to evaluate them when we are constantly playing from behind.

Just a really disheartening season. Honestly the main reason I even wanted to watch last nights game was because Cook is on my fantasy team. Outside of the uniform, I feel like I have zero attachment to this team anymore. And even if we do stumble into some success under Snyder/Allen, I fear it will be short lived with those 2 running the show.

The majority of my adult life as a Redskins fan has been during the Snyder regime, so I am quickly running out of Gibbs era love for this team that I grew up with. I can't bring myself to root for another team, even the Ravens, so at this point I am just stuck with this perpetually mediocre franchise and Snyder until I die most likely.

Not a big deal in the long run, just really annoying that this team went from an elite franchise to a league wide laughing stock in such a relatively short time frame.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They should just give the ball to AP on every down until he gets 1000 yards. That's the only thing this team is ever going to be remembered for, anyway.

39 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

They should just give the ball to AP on every down until he gets 1000 yards. That's the only thing this team is ever going to be remembered for, anyway.

Yup - and quality move last night by the Vikings for acknowledging him passing either one or two other RBs on the all time list. 

2 hours ago, NickyHatton said:

This team is just brutal to watch right now.

Full disclosure, I didn't watch. They simply aren't worth the time at this point.

I actually thought the Redskins were playing better in the first half.  Defense was getting pressure on Cousins for most of the game.  Of course, it did not prevent Cousins for having a really good game.  Of course, the Vikings had numerous holding penalties that killed their drives.  If they could reduce those, this game would have been a blowout.

The offense went into the tank once Haskins came in.  I still believe he is just not ready yet.

It is quite telling the Colt McCoy is inactive and even with Keenum's concussion, is not in the discussion for starting.  McCoy's role is much different under Callahan.

I actually don't believe the Redskins talent level is that bad.  But in a quarterback-centric league, it is really hard to compete with Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, and rookie Dwayne Haskins.

Yea McCoy is a gruden a guy.  Minus him there is no need.  At this point I’d let Haskins start and get full reps in practice.  Get a nice gauge where he is and what he needs to work on in the offseason.

Edited by PinkydaPimp
  • Like 1

Haskins has looked so lost they better let him start now and make sure he is the future. They are going to have an early pick and I’d want to know for sure he’s the guy before passing over a QB next year. With our luck we drafted another Heath Shuler....:bag:

there won’t be a verdict on him this season but at least he should learn.  If he doesn’t start he won’t get 1st team reps.  He needs all the reps.  Get a full offseason and then next season.  By then they should know.  He was never expected to start right away and succeed.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:15 AM, Marvelous said:

I actually thought the Redskins were playing better in the first half.  Defense was getting pressure on Cousins for most of the game.  Of course, it did not prevent Cousins for having a really good game.  Of course, the Vikings had numerous holding penalties that killed their drives.  If they could reduce those, this game would have been a blowout.

The offense went into the tank once Haskins came in.  I still believe he is just not ready yet.

I thought they played as well as they could in the first half, but they've done that before and then have come out and gotten ground down or taken apart in second halves of games. At best the team can play one good half -- that's where they are whether Haskins, Keenum, or McCoy is QB. I don't blame Haskins, and would rather see them play him the rest of the season and get the majority of 1st team snaps during the week to get him ready. It's not like Keenum is going to win them any games, or be here next year.

This is rock bottom.

Media reporting both the Racial Slurs and the Bengals are refusing to even talk trades.

What a joke.  If you live in the DC area maybe its time to become a Ravens fan?

If you live in Ohio maybe the Browns are a better choice?

At least until new ownership comes in.

ETA:  Reports are saying that Washington wants a 1st for Williams.  I'm fine with this, that's what they should ask for at a minimum.  If AJG is worth a first (and it has been reported that CIN could get a first for him), Williams is worth even more being under contract next season too.

Edited by kittenmittens

John Keim‏Verified account @john_keim 3h3 hours ago

Dwayne Haskins stuck around after practice and he was throwing to a receiver. Couldn’t tell who it was; (wasn’t McLaurin; from a couple football fields away it’s hard to tell but TM was spotted in locker room)

John Keim‏Verified account @john_keim 2h2 hours ago

Bill Callahan said Case Keenum remains in the concussion protocol. He did not practice today.

John Keim‏Verified account @john_keim 2h2 hours ago

Callahan said he liked how Dwayne Haskins responded to Thursday’s game. Met with Haskins this weekend. Talked about a few things. He liked Haskins’ tempo in practice among other things.

John Keim‏Verified account @john_keim

Callahan reiterates that if Case Keenum is healthy he will start.

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora

Heard from a DC source about possible trades beyond Trent Williams, who has been trying to get out since the spring. I get the sense they'd listen on Ryan Kerrigan and others (Josh Norman would be salary dump/little in return) beyond just Williams

I know LaCanfora has been wrong a good bit but I believe he was among the first to report that Trent would not play for the team for medical reasons.

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 1h1 hour ago

Albert Breer Retweeted Ian Rapoport

The Redskins have begun the process of ascertaining interest across the league. And I'm told the asking price, for right now (and this is obviously subject to change), is a first-round pick.

JP Finlay‏Verified account @JPFinlayNBCS

Could the Redskins trade Trent Williams? Definitely. But the price is high and sources tell me the team might want a playmaker in return, not just about draft picks. Trying to give Haskins weapons.

The NFL trade deadline is Tuesday, Oct. 29 at 4:00 p.m. ET.

• Laughing 1

9	Nov 03	1:00 PM ET	at Bills
10	Bye Week 
11	Nov 17	1:00 PM ET	Jets
12	Nov 24	1:00 PM ET	Lions
13	Dec 01	1:00 PM ET	at Panthers
14	Dec 08	1:00 PM ET	at Packers
15	Dec 15	1:00 PM ET	Eagles
16	Dec 22	1:00 PM ET	Giants
17	Dec 29	1:00 PM ET	at Cowboys

Sorry about the season guys. What are your fantasy thoughts for Guice ROS?

I think Guice will get a lot of work when he's in game shape. He's their RB of the future (they hope).

• Love 1

2 hours ago, fatness said:

9	Nov 03	1:00 PM ET	at Bills
10	Bye Week 
11	Nov 17	1:00 PM ET	Jets
12	Nov 24	1:00 PM ET	Lions
13	Dec 01	1:00 PM ET	at Panthers
14	Dec 08	1:00 PM ET	at Packers
15	Dec 15	1:00 PM ET	Eagles
16	Dec 22	1:00 PM ET	Giants
17	Dec 29	1:00 PM ET	at Cowboys

I REALLY hope we are looking at 0-8 there. Seems to me Giants and Jets are the only games we MIGHT have a shot, but I'd much rather have a better pick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fatness said:

I think Guice will get a lot of work when he's in game shape. He's their RB of the future (they hope).

He better be. This franchise can't afford him to miss IMO. 

PFT reporting the Redskins are shopping Norman.  I hope they find a taker.  He probably should have been traded or cut last off season.

14 hours ago, Marvelous said:

PFT reporting the Redskins are shopping Norman.  I hope they find a taker.  He probably should have been traded or cut last off season.

I don't see how anyone would want to take on his salary. I think I read he's the 2nd highest paid CB although he was one of the worst statistically :bag:

So does Trent get moved today? Fingers crossed we get a 1st and maybe a nice player? We have so many times given up a good player and pick (remember Broncos and Chiefs trades specifically) would be nice to be on the other end for once....

1 minute ago, Brunell4MVP said:

Williams ended his holdout.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2019/10/29/trent-williams-washington-redskins-ends-holdout/2500228001/

I assume this means Bruce didn't end up trading him as he hoped.  And Williams wants to get credit for another year of service for retirement $s and to keep the contract years rolling? 

correct.

• Like 1

They must really think the Browns are more dumb than the Redskins that they would give up a 1st and Denzel Ward at the last minute.  You probably could have gotten better if Bruce's ego wasn't huge and did it about 4 months ago

• Like 2

Hearing that while Trent reported he has no intention of playing this season.  🤔🤔🤔

59 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Hearing that while Trent reported he has no intention of playing this season.  🤔🤔🤔

Another example of why the NFL can be so hard to like at times.

6 hours ago, Brunell4MVP said:

Williams ended his holdout.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2019/10/29/trent-williams-washington-redskins-ends-holdout/2500228001/

I assume this means Bruce didn't end up trading him as he hoped.  And Williams wants to get credit for another year of service for retirement $s and to keep the contract years rolling? 

Absolutely it means the latter. Trent wants out of DC. He skipped 10 games and reported, so the the remainder of this season counts as one whole year off his Redskin contract. He'll do the same next year. The only things that will change this are 1) Bruce Allen being 100% severed from the Skins and 2) changes to the medical staff by the new GM.

Let's see how smart a businessman Dan Snyder really is. Does he choose the guy who sucks up to him and makes him feel comfortable while losing fans like crazy? Or does he choose the best, most respected player on the team and doing something about 3 straight years of devastating injuries.

You know he'll choose Bruce.

I guess I don’t get what his status is. Is he now going to be suspended without pay because he’s refusing to play? What’s next?

8 minutes ago, dgreen said:

I guess I don’t get what his status is. Is he now going to be suspended without pay because he’s refusing to play? What’s next?

He hasn't refused. All we (maybe) know is his intentions.

JP Finlay‏Verified account @JPFinlayNBCS

Source tells me that while Trent Williams has reported to the Redskins, he has no intention of playing this season.

First the team has to decide if he's in game shape I guess. Then I think he has the right to have his doctor examine him and give his opinion on whether he's in game shape. Beyond that, it's not hard to imagine grievance procedures with the NFL, with evidence about the Redskins medical staff being entered.

This feels so weird because I've never said it or thought it before, but because I love the Redskins I'm rooting for Trent Williams against the (current front office of the) Redskins.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 12:56 PM, fatness said:

Proud of the boys.

32 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

and Trent failed the physical.

That's what Callahan said in his presser, but I saw a tweet that said he actually passed the physical but didn't practice because of discomfort putting a helmet on.

17 hours ago, dgreen said:

I'm guessing we will see a Jalen Ramsey-like situation where Trent will have some new health or personal "issue" each week that lands him on the inactive list.

16 minutes ago, Sidewinder16 said:

That's what Callahan said in his presser, but I saw a tweet that said he actually passed the physical but didn't practice because of discomfort putting a helmet on.

Sorry but that sounds like bs. He just hates our organization and is refusing to play. 

He never intended on playing.  I guess “reporting” helped him accrue a year while still getting around playing.  #firebruce

22 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

He never intended on playing.  I guess “reporting” helped him accrue a year while still getting around playing.  #firebruce

Exactly.  His reporting was just a business move to make sure 2019 counted as a contract year.  The "helmet issue" is absolutely BS, but something the team should have been expecting (maybe not the helmet issue, specifically, but that there would be some reason for him to not participate in practice or to play).

1 hour ago, Sidewinder16 said:
1 hour ago, PinkydaPimp said:

and Trent failed the physical.

Video from physical

• Laughing 1

Washington Redskins tackle Trent Williams failed his physical Wednesday, casting more doubt on his immediate playing future.

Williams, who ended his holdout Tuesday, did not pass his physical because there was discomfort when he put on his helmet. Williams underwent surgery to remove a growth on his head in the offseason.

Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan said that Williams would have passed the physical otherwise. He said he wasn't sure if Williams needed to have a specially-designed helmet.

The Redskins were given a two-week roster exemption for Williams. There's no guarantee he plays for Washington again.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27968844/redskins-lt-trent-williams-fails-physical-due-helmet-discomfort

So the Redskins front office will try to stop him from accruing a year on his contract, and he'll likely file a medical grievance against the Redskins.

Has any team handled a player this poorly?

ohn Keim‏Verified account @john_keim 7h7 hours ago

Redskins first O going vs first D. Unusual for open media session... Dwayne Haskins is taking the reps.

Sounds like they're getting Haskins ready to start Sunday.

• Like 1