What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (8 Viewers)

Bruce Allen 1:00 presser better be two things:

1.  Announcing he quit

2.  Telling people that they still "winning off the field" so I can laugh my ### off 
What are the odds he takes questions? He almost never does a Q&A session with the media. I think it was Craig Hoffman who said he's been on the beat for like 5 years and has yet to have an opportunity to ask Bruce a question.

They called him last night and told him to be there at 5 am, so he got to sleep on it before it actually happened. Class organization.
I wonder if it was like "Office Space Lumburg"...ummm, Jay, yeah...I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in at 5 am...that would be terrific...

I am surprised that Doug Williams isn't doing this press conference.  I thought his job was to be to the person who talks to the media because nobody is going to blame him for anything.  There isn't enough evidence that does anything that Bruce and Dan want him to do except maybe the Adrian Peterson signing

Also it isn't like this media is going to ask any hard questions.  They don't want to lose that chance to sitting in the luxury box drinking that water they consider beer with all the other rich people.

What are the odds he takes questions? He almost never does a Q&A session with the media. I think it was Craig Hoffman who said he's been on the beat for like 5 years and has yet to have an opportunity to ask Bruce a question.
Maybe he'll make Doug take questions...🙄

Copied from another thread

ADRIAN PETERSON RB, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan believes the team didn't run the ball enough under Jay Gruden.

Per Anderson, Callahan expressed this view in the company of both players and coaches last week, noting he was "hard-pressed" to remember a team with fewer rushing attempts to start a season. Emphasizing the run isn't going to solve the Redskins' problems, though Callahan can do what he wants now that he's taken over for Gruden as the team's interim head coach. Adrian Peterson could see more work added to his plate with Callahan calling the shots, though negative game script will continue to be a thorn in his side.

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Oct 7, 2019, 9:54 AM ET

Allen: "The culture here is actually damn good." ..... Allen then deflects answer to talking about Doug Williams.

Another reporter: "Why is it so hard for you to set a winning culture?" ...... gobbledy-##### answer.

Also Bruce really loves Patriots fans for showing up to the game but also seems to #### on the Skins fans for selling their tickets on the secondary market.   Yeah I mean there is literally no reason for people to sell their tickets I am sure

Allen: "The culture here is actually damn good." ..... Allen then deflects answer to talking about Doug Williams.

Another reporter: "Why is it so hard for you to set a winning culture?" ...... gobbledy-##### answer.
 His answer was basically “Of course we have a winning culture. Just look at all the guys we have from Alabama”. 

:no:

Every time Bruce Allen gets behind the microphone, he confirms he has no clue how much everyone hates him, how much it's his fault, and what a doofus he is.  he has gone 8 years without answering a question.  Question 1....sidestep.   Question 2 ... deflect.   Question 3 ... answer different question.  Repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruce Allen in summary: 1) Jay Gruden is why the Redskins were 0-5. 2) Bill Callahan will be an upgrade. 3) If Alex Smith wasn't hurt this all could have been avoided. 4) They don't want to trade Trent Williams 5) The culture is damn good
:shrug: :lmao:

It's so Bruce of Bruce to fire Jay and promote his guy, right before they play their most winnable game of the season. If they beat Miami, it's 'see?' If they don't, it's 'nothing to see here'... wi -win for him. Classic political Bruce. What a slick POS.

I cant believe that not just one single media guy who love to deservedly roast Bruce and Dan regularly l on shows or in print, played the hero and took Bruce down to the mat. Saying what everyone else is thinking is a sure way to never having to buy a drink in this town again...I mean come on, Keim, Finley, somebody, just burn it to the ground and salt the earth already. Somebody needs to. Its  not like you'd make any enemies that matter by doing it.

hammerva said:
Love that they apparently fired him at 5 IN THE MORNING.  Not at night.  Not a couple hours after the game.  5 in the morning on a Monday.   I mean even Jerry Jones would have waited until 8.  Granted because Jerry would be too hungover to wake up at 5 in the morning but still
One note:  Jay Gruden starts working at 5 am.  Knowing this, it would be crazy to have him work 3 hours and then fire him.  

Here are some quick thoughts:

1.  Everyone knew (or should have known) that the Redskins offense would struggle this year.  In a QB driven league, the Redskins are a big disadvantage.  Add in Trent Williams hold out, and now Brandon Scherff and Chase Roullier, and the lack of offense is really not a surprise.

2.  The defense was supposed to be good with studs along the DL and edge rushers.  Plus all the depth at CB.  The defense is clearly not living up to expectations.  

3.  Many times, coaches just need to change.  Gruden has been here 5+ years.  And for some reason, this year it all fell apart.  It was not going to get any better with Gruden coaching the rest of the season.  Gruden's teams were respectable on offense and very poor on defense.  He never has elite talent on the team.

4.  As people have noted in this thread, if the Redskins have a lucky season, they can win 10 games, never 11.  If they are unlucky, I previously thought 4 wins was the floor.  I think we are test the floor this season.  Redskin disfunction limits the upside.

5.  I remember how happy everyone was when Snyder fired Vinny Cerrato.  But then he brings in Bruce Allen.  If Snyder gets rid of Allen, we will probably hire another incompetent GM that will continue the disfunction.  Firing Allen basically does not go up high enough.  At some point, we need to realize that Snyder's personality/makeup/pettiness/meddlesomeness is incompatible with a winning football team.

Here are some quick thoughts:

1.  Everyone knew (or should have known) that the Redskins offense would struggle this year.  In a QB driven league, the Redskins are a big disadvantage.  Add in Trent Williams hold out, and now Brandon Scherff and Chase Roullier, and the lack of offense is really not a surprise.

2.  The defense was supposed to be good with studs along the DL and edge rushers.  Plus all the depth at CB.  The defense is clearly not living up to expectations.  

3.  Many times, coaches just need to change.  Gruden has been here 5+ years.  And for some reason, this year it all fell apart.  It was not going to get any better with Gruden coaching the rest of the season.  Gruden's teams were respectable on offense and very poor on defense.  He never has elite talent on the team.

4.  As people have noted in this thread, if the Redskins have a lucky season, they can win 10 games, never 11.  If they are unlucky, I previously thought 4 wins was the floor.  I think we are test the floor this season.  Redskin disfunction limits the upside.

5.  I remember how happy everyone was when Snyder fired Vinny Cerrato.  But then he brings in Bruce Allen.  If Snyder gets rid of Allen, we will probably hire another incompetent GM that will continue the disfunction.  Firing Allen basically does not go up high enough.  At some point, we need to realize that Snyder's personality/makeup/pettiness/meddlesomeness is incompatible with a winning football team.
I think most people do realize this.  But you Can’t fire the owner.  I can boycot games and not give him a cent, which is what i have been doing.  But ultimately I’ll take a Bruce firing over nothing.  At least there would be some hope if he puts in a true gm.  Doubtful but never know.

So you basically fired Gruden mainly because he wanted to start Colt McCoy against that Patriots so you moved your lackey to head coach and now he is saying the starting job for the Dolphins is between McCoy & Keenum anyway.   I mean when the stooge coach of the team doesn't think Haskins is ready   :doh:

I think most people do realize this.  But you. Can’t fire the owner.  I can boycot games and not give him a cent, which is what i have been doing.  But ultimately I’ll take a Bruce during over nothing.  At least there would be some hope if he puts in a true gm.  Doubtful but never know.
Ownership doesn't matter at much as you think it does. Robert Kraft is a terrible owner/person. Look at his soccer team. He just hired the right guy for his football team.

I cant believe that not just one single media guy who love to deservedly roast Bruce and Dan regularly l on shows or in print, played the hero and took Bruce down to the mat. Saying what everyone else is thinking is a sure way to never having to buy a drink in this town again...I mean come on, Keim, Finley, somebody, just burn it to the ground and salt the earth already. Somebody needs to. Its  not like you'd make any enemies that matter by doing it.
Keim would never do that. He's way too professional. Not sure about others.

What I'd like to see is some deep investigative reporting to find out what's really going on behind closed doors. For example, find out about the leak/release of this Gruden video. Such peculiar timing. Who did that? Why did they do that? Is it linked to Dan or Bruce?

There are bodies somewhere in Ashburn. Okay, that may be a bit extreme. But there's dirt, at least.

From Callahan's presser: Wants to be primarily a running team, Keenum or McCoy will start until Haskins is ready (and he will be ready), no defensive coaching staff changes, O'Connell will be calling plays.

Only a few bits of hope there.

I think the Redskins left that point awhile ago. This is a 6-win team right now if everything goes perfect, and an 0-win team if everything goes south.

Yeah, I heard the press conference. 

Bruce gave the press non-answers to almost every question.   Especially how the opposing teams' fans out-number Redskins fans.   Has no idea just how 'f'd up things are in Ashburn.  

Really classy move to have Gruden come in at 5 to get the axe.    

I've been against a Redskins name chance since the question was initially asked.  At this point, though, I'd actually be for it as part of a complete and total team rebuild.  Could actually be a smart business decision by Danny boy, as he's not leaving the team.  Get rid of Allen, rebrand the team, start over, and sell new merchandise to fans. 

People with no-holds-barred access need to be asking no-holds-barred questions. Direct questions. And cutting off Bruce when he starts his patterned patter and demanding better answers than bs he's shoveling.

The public is 100% behind that MF'er being put on the hot seat at the very least. If just one guy would come in searing hot with some invective-laced accusations and demand accountable answers, and cut off the bs answers with "No, Bruce, that's BS and you know it, try again", and bully him, you cant tell me everyone else in the room wouldn't be on him in seconds, like dingos on a baby. He'd probably end the PC abruptly, and the fallout from not standing in the breach and taking the heat could be the catalyst the fans need to ignite the all-out revolt this Team needs. All it takes is one.

If I win the lottery, I promise you all I will host an EPIC Sunday event in Landover directly conflicting with a Redskins home game kickoff. I will offer to buy anyone's tickets for up to 2x face value, and invite as many as can come watch the game with food, drinks and entertainment provided for all. We will burn those tickets, and any and all merchandise anyone wants to add to the fire. The (unstated) goal will be for that parking lot and stadium to be as close to empty as possible for m a home game. FU, Danny.

I've been against a Redskins name chance since the question was initially asked.  At this point, though, I'd actually be for it as part of a complete and total team rebuild.  Could actually be a smart business decision by Danny boy, as he's not leaving the team.  Get rid of Allen, rebrand the team, start over, and sell new merchandise to fans. 
I've had similar thoughts recently. The two things aren't really related, but for some reason the complete nonsense of this franchise has led me to start to want the name to change.

Sage Rosenfels tweet

“I was drafted by the @Redskins in 2001.

We opened the season with Jeff George at QB (2 games before firing him) and started 0-5.

We then won 8 of our last 11 games with Tony Banks at QB.

Snyder fires Marty Schottenheimer after the season to hire Spurrier.

Nothing has changed.”

Daniel Snyder bought one of the NFL's proudest franchises two decades ago and proceeded to turn it into a league laughingstock.

“It was ridiculous and pretty amazing — it felt like a home game,” Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said.

“It was amazing,” coach Bill Belichick said. “Oh my God, there were so many Patriot fans here it was surprising and overwhelming.”

Great job there Snyder. Good to see articles that showcase what a total loser he is. Lots of $ but still a total loser. Pretty sure he doesn't care about winning. It's all about the dollar.

I hope home games are empty all year.  Only way Snyder will change.  He won’t see a cent from me. 
My sons have been saving money to go to a game because they know tickets will be cheaper later this season. I will probably go with them if they decide to spend their money that way. I could never bring myself to disallow them using their money that way. They are on some social media so they see all the complaints, but to them it’s still an opportunity to get to see their favorite team. We used to have season tickets and we loved going to games together. They miss that. 

My sons have been saving money to go to a game because they know tickets will be cheaper later this season. I will probably go with them if they decide to spend their money that way. I could never bring myself to disallow them using their money that way. They are on some social media so they see all the complaints, but to them it’s still an opportunity to get to see their favorite team. We used to have season tickets and we loved going to games together. They miss that. 
Good for them.  I hope in 20 years they will look back and laugh about these crazy times. 

but to them it’s still an opportunity to get to see their favorite team.
My condolences to your sons.

Edit: Unless you meant they like the team the skins play that week and they know it is a cheap way to see THAT team.

It's not the same as grilling someone live at a press conference, but SVP just laid in to Snyder and Allen for his "One Big Thing" bit on the late night SportsCenter.

ETA: A link with a link to watch the video.

I hope home games are empty all year.  Only way Snyder will change.  He won’t see a cent from me. 
The problem is the TV money is the steak. The gate receipts are just gravy for the owners. That's why the "need" for new stadiums to compete is such horse####. The Redskins "need" a new stadium...... but when was the stadium built in GB? I guess that's why GB is always buried in the standings.

If they would have kept that Lafemia (badly misspelled) guy that might have happened.  One of the tings he was trying to prevent was games like the Patriots were 70% of the crowd were against the Skins.   The problem is deciding whether it is better to have a stadium with 80% Skins fans and only 30% populated or a stadium 80% full and only about 30% Skins fans. Bruce and Richie Rich clearly took the money option

I totally agree with BOTH Pimp and Green -- I am very hesitant to spend any money on that rat ******* Snyder BUT I think it's really cool that Green has that football connection with his family...very cool.  My kids are younger and they have grown up with Skins as losers...it makes such a difference.  Someone mentioned all the kids going to the Nats games now...how if you were a kid and you watched them pull off that late game win vs. Milwaulkee you might be a fan for life.  Snyder's Skins have been so bad so long he has literally turned off an entire GENERATION of football fans...

Users who are viewing this thread