What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Link the QB problem child to 2016 team (RG3, JFF, Bradford, etc.) (1 Viewer)

jumper

Footballguy
Little fun game to while away the real-life playoffs and off-season until 2016 fantasy begins. The most accurate predictor will win a fabulous No-Prize and be forever immortalized as the Oracle of Misfit Quarterbacks.

The rules:

Link the top 4 misfit QBs to their new 2016 teams.

1. RG3

2. Johnny Manziel

3. Sam Bradford

4. Colin Kaepernick

Tiebreakers as needed: Michael Vick, Brandon Weeden, Luke McCown.

God-tier level: Predict which if any of the following will be the first picked up by a team and if so which team: T-Rich, Ray Rice, Justin Blackmon, Josh Freeman.

Last edited by a moderator:
RG3 Houston.

Manziel Dallas.

Bradford New Orleans.

Kaep SF. (Big assumption with Chip?)

Vick Miami.

Weeden Houston.

Luke New Orleans.

Josh Freeman SF.

1. RG3 --- Houston Texans

2. Johnny Manziel --- New York Jets

3. Sam Bradford ---- Philadelphia Eagles

4. Colin Kaepernick --- Miami Dolphins

Michael Vick - Detroit Lions

Brandon Weeden - Houston Texans

Luke McCown - New Orleans Saints

God-tier level: Predict which if any of the following will be the first picked up by a team and if so which team:

T-Rich, Ray Rice, Justin Blackmon,

Josh Freeman--- Denver Broncos

1. RG3 --- Houston Texans

2. Johnny Manziel --- Houston Texans

3. Sam Bradford ---- Philadelphia Eagles

4. Colin Kaepernick --- Cleveland Browns

Michael Vick - Atlanta Falcons

Brandon Weeden - Miami Dolphins

Luke McCown - Minnesota Vikings

1. RG3 - Houston

2. Johnny Manziel - Dallas

3. Sam Bradford - Philly

4. Colin Kaepernick - Cleveland

Michael Vick - retired/unsigned

Brandon Weeden - Houston

Luke McCown - Rams

Trent Richardson plays in 2016, Houston.

Do we mean Luke or Josh McCown? Is the theory that Luke moves on because of Grayson? If so I don't think Luke will have any lack of suitors given the game he had against Carolina this year. He could truly land anywhere. But my guess is he will be in NO again. Grayson was so not ready at the end of this year the Saints brought in Flynn after Luke got hurt.

Josh Freeman--- Denver Broncos
Assuming Hass retires and Whitehurst too, I think the Colts should keep both those backup QBs from week 17 as their backups for 2016.

They showed everything you want- young potential, ability to learn very quickly, apply what's learned, and make plays in the NFL when coming off the sideline. If they draft a QB late, chances are they won't get those four qualities. They'll get some rookie project that comes in all nervous and needs time to develop and...the rest of the team may not have any confidence in this new guy.

Also, it was the Titans but **** Lebeau was the one calling these schemes to confuse them and I gotta say if a young QB can pass the Lebeau test, he's OK by me.

for the bonus rounds....

Vick - Out of NFL

Weeden - Redskins

L McCown - Saints

TRich, Ray Rice, Blackmon - Out of NFL

Freeman - Colts (cut before week 1)

Why is Bradford in this category? He played well the second half of the year, and there's a 99% chance the Eagles will franchise him if they can't work out a long-term deal.

Why is Bradford in this category? He played well the second half of the year, and there's a 99% chance the Eagles will franchise him if they can't work out a long-term deal.
For lack of better options.

Link the top 4 misfit QBs to their new 2016 teams:

1. RG3 - STL " I hope this comes true just for lolz " :D

3. Sam Bradford - Philly

4. Colin Kaepernick - SF

Tiebreakers as needed:

Michael Vick - Buffalo

Brandon Weeden - Houston

Luke McCown - Philly once Buttfumble is cut

God-tier level: Predict which if any of the following will be the first picked up by a team and if so which team:

T-Rich, Ray Rice, Josh Freeman - Free Agent

Justin Blackmon - New England

Blackmon hasn't played in two years. Last I remember, he did not comply with the rules and requirements to get out of the substance abuse program doghouse. He was denied reinstatement (probably due to failing or missing a drug test). He just had a DUI arrest a few weeks ago. I don't see how he plays anywhere.

As far as the problem children QBs go, are Johnny Football or RGIII starters at this point or just back ups?

Blackmon hasn't played in two years. Last I remember, he did not comply with the rules and requirements to get out of the substance abuse program doghouse. He was denied reinstatement (probably due to failing or missing a drug test). He just had a DUI arrest a few weeks ago. I don't see how he plays anywhere.

As far as the problem children QBs go, are Johnny Football or RGIII starters at this point or just back ups?
Just my opinion, but I think rg3 goes to a team he can at least compete to start (Houston, San Fran, rams, or Cleveland). Johnny, most teams stay away from but someone signs him to backup an older qb. Dallas seems perfect.

Bradford has a 1% chance of not being in Philly next year.
Totally agree.

Then again, Philly fans were explaining to everyone else how dumb they were for wondering if Chip would get fired. So, you know, grain of salt and all that.

1. RG3--NY Jets. Takes a short money deal hoping to win the job, and look good under Chan Gailey.

2. Johnny Manziel--Cleveland. I don't think he's cut.

3. Sam Bradford--Philly. It's worth it for them to franchise if they have to.

4. Colin Kaepernick--St. Looey. Fisher tries to resurrect McNair.

Johnny in LA or NYC would be incredibly fun. TMZ would set up a completely separate Johnny Football division to cover his escapades.

1. RG3 - Houston
3. Sam Bradford - Philly
4. Colin Kaepernick - NYJ

Michael Vick - unsigned
Brandon Weeden - Houston
Luke McCown - Cleveland (McCown brothers battle it out for starting gig)

Trent Richardson - Denver

RGIII would probably be wise to go to whichever team is willing to design the offense around his skill set. I don't think he would be well served to be shoehorned into a system that isn't suited to him.

Greg Roman & Mike Shula strike me as guys who could work with him well. Roman is staying in Buffalo but Shula could become a HC somewhere soon.

RG III to Houston has all the "make sense" connections but that dude has been so vilified (and not saying its not all justified...don't know) that I get the feeling he is going to be one of these players that ends up in a very odd spot as a backup and it won't make a lot of immediate sense (like Chargers or Steelers).

He really looks to me to be a candidate to be a guy who has to rehab for a season on a new team before we ever take him seriously again. He might be the Browns QB in the future..

Broncos really are the spot, great situation for almost any QB with what they have there now.

2nd prize (set of steak knives) as always goes to Houston, which one day will figure out they need a better QB to get over the hump.

Shutout said:
RG III to Houston has all the "make sense" connections but that dude has been so vilified (and not saying its not all justified...don't know) that I get the feeling he is going to be one of these players that ends up in a very odd spot as a backup and it won't make a lot of immediate sense (like Chargers or Steelers).

He really looks to me to be a candidate to be a guy who has to rehab for a season on a new team before we ever take him seriously again. He might be the Browns QB in the future..
well, they did try with Mike Vick. he failed and Jones sure doesn't look great.

Leroy Hoard said:
Broncos really are the spot, great situation for almost any QB with what they have there now.

2nd prize (set of steak knives) as always goes to Houston, which one day will figure out they need a better QB to get over the hump.
sure, but Oz is their QB of the future. I guess RG3 might see an opportunity but does Elway?

Little fun game to while away the real-life playoffs and off-season until 2016 fantasy begins. The most accurate predictor will win a fabulous No-Prize and be forever immortalized as the Oracle of Misfit Quarterbacks.

The rules:

1. RG3

2. Johnny Manziel

3. Sam Bradford

4. Colin Kaepernick

God-tier level: Predict which if any of the following will be the first picked up by a team and if so which team: T-Rich, Ray Rice, Justin Blackmon, Josh Freeman.
RG3 - Houston, I think Dallas go hard after him, but in the end RG3 knows he won't be competing for a starting spot until Romo hangs it up or gets hurt and is forced to hang them up. Houston gives him the chance to compete with Hoyer and company for the starting spot.

Manziel - Dallas, this is who they settle for instead of RG3. My guess is he is gets into more trouble or is ineffective if/when Romo gets hurt and is cut before the end of the year.

Bradford - I really think Philly keeps him.

Kaepernick - Where ever Chip goes, which I think is San Fran.

Vick - Chiefs

Weeden - Dolphins

McCown - Saints

Rice - out

T- Rich - try out for Miami, but doesn't last a week

Blackmon - suspended

Freeman - Colts

RG3 to STL
I would love to see this just as the cherry on top of the trade Was made to acquire him in the first place.
Sure, why not. Already since the trade that the Rams "obviously won" the Redskins have two division titles and the Rams, who "ripped the Redskins off" haven't made the playoffs. Might as well add RGIII so all everyone on the Internet can continue to claim the Rams are "winning" even as they continue to miss the playoffs.

Because barking on the Internet means more than the actual standings!

The rules:

1. RG3

2. Johnny Manziel

3. Sam Bradford

4. Colin Kaepernick

RG3 - I'm still thinking backup in Buffalo. Everyone is saying Houston because he can start, but not convinced Coach wants to change his offense to "fit what RGIII wants to do." I think he can start as backup but ultimately he could win the job there...

Manziel -- Dallas

Bradford - Duh, Philly. Come on, I hate Philly but the dude is pretty good actually and they are not so foolish to let him go. Yes, they will franchise him if they have to, unless they want to go into full blown rebuild mode from ground up.

Kapernick -- I like the whole Chip to SF to work with Kap idea...so may be long shot based on them wanting Chip, but let's go with that...

Article from Washington Post relaying varying attitudes on RGIII. One ESPN senior writer essentially says, "RGIII was set up to fail." But most of the local journalists quoted seem to say similar things: "RGIII has a ton of talent, but needs to come in with a more humble attitude in order to succeed with his next team" or some variation of that. An interesting read if you are a fan of a team who may be acquiring RGIII this offseason:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/01/13/espn-senior-writer-says-rgiii-was-set-up-to-fail/

RG3 to STL
I would love to see this just as the cherry on top of the trade Was made to acquire him in the first place.
Sure, why not. Already since the trade that the Rams "obviously won" the Redskins have two division titles and the Rams, who "ripped the Redskins off" haven't made the playoffs. Might as well add RGIII so all everyone on the Internet can continue to claim the Rams are "winning" even as they continue to miss the playoffs.Because barking on the Internet means more than the actual standings!
Since RG3 had essentially nothing to do with this year's playoff appearance, and may well have cost the team a playoff chance in the intervening two seasons, it's pretty clear the Rams won that trade. Doesn't matter that they didn't buy good enough pieces with the pile of draft picks they got or made bad decisions in FA. Would the Redskins not be clearly better if they had been able to spend those picks instead of having RG3?

RG3 to STL
Sure, why not. Already since the trade that the Rams "obviously won" the Redskins have two division titles and the Rams, who "ripped the Redskins off" haven't made the playoffs. Might as well add RGIII so all everyone on the Internet can continue to claim the Rams are "winning" even as they continue to miss the playoffs.Because barking on the Internet means more than the actual standings!
Since RG3 had essentially nothing to do with this year's playoff appearance, and may well have cost the team a playoff chance in the intervening two seasons, it's pretty clear the Rams won that trade. Doesn't matter that they didn't buy good enough pieces with the pile of draft picks they got or made bad decisions in FA. Would the Redskins not be clearly better if they had been able to spend those picks instead of having RG3?
Still drafting Cousins and had all their first rounders back? Yea they'd probably be a bit better by now.

RG3 to STL
That's just jibber jabber. It doesn't matter if the Rams got 100 players if it doesn't translate into a playoff caliber team they won nothing.

OK, so it's a good point that RGIII didn't help the team past 2012 so perhaps the trade is just a "wash." But honestly, to say the Rams "won," they actually have to show some results.

Otherwise, all you are doing is hating on the Redskins, which is like an obsession with the Internet crowd it seems...

RG3 to STL
Still drafting Cousins and had all their first rounders back? Yea they'd probably be a bit better by now.
This I will agree with. The Redskins clearly made a bad trade.

The only part I object to is saying "the Rams won it."

But yeah, in retrospect...absolutely would rather have Cousins and the picks...but of course that's water under the bridge now.

Users who are viewing this thread