What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Finless Gobbler League: Gauging interest in a 2018 reboot (2 Viewers)

If there's interest in Gobbling again, I'll take a look into the scoring rules to see if there's a way to balance pitcher/batter scoring a bit better.

There sure were some terrible first round picks

Charlie Morton - 17 IP                                                                                   
Jean Segura - 867 OPS, 200+ hits                                                                                
John Danks - 22 IP                                                                              
Matt Garza - decent gobbler, 100 IP, 4.51 ERA                                                                                
Phil Hughes - only 59 terrible innings                                                                              
Rick Porcello - CY YOUNG!
Jordan Lyles - only 58 terrible innings                                                                             
Chris Tillman - 16 wins and only 6 losses                                                                        
Miguel Gonzalez - 8 losses, but a nice ERA                                                                                  
Mike Pelfrey - 119 innings of absolute awesome gobbling                                                                    
Jeremy Hellickson - 190 innings of 1.153 WHIP pitching

There sure were some terrible first round picks

Charlie Morton - 17 IP                                                                                   
Jean Segura - 867 OPS, 200+ hits                                                                                
John Danks - 22 IP                                                                              
Matt Garza - decent gobbler, 100 IP, 4.51 ERA                                                                                
Phil Hughes - only 59 terrible innings                                                                              
Rick Porcello - CY YOUNG!
Jordan Lyles - only 58 terrible innings                                                                             
Chris Tillman - 16 wins and only 6 losses                                                                        
Miguel Gonzalez - 8 losses, but a nice ERA                                                                                  
Mike Pelfrey - 119 innings of absolute awesome gobbling                                                                    
Jeremy Hellickson - 190 innings of 1.153 WHIP pitching
A league is never won in the first round.

I don't remember which pick was mine :shrug:

Updated OP

Not the first draft of the year anymore but who cares.  It's basically a H2H lowball points league. James Shields was the MVP last year if that helps.  I'll search for last year's scoring rules and repost.  There may some minor tweaks to try to balance pitching/hitting better.  Roster rules same as last year.

We'll start rolling if we hit 10 and can add even numbers up to 14 through the end of round 2. 

$12.95 to play. Winner takes all.

I'm going to be gone for a good portion of this week, but if you end up needing me for the numbers I'll just make up picks later

This a redraft or what?  I’d be down to playing in a league if things pick up. 

My 12 man keeper died, so I’ve only got one league now. 

Gobbler is intended as a low maintenance league with small rosters, limited transactions and oddball scoring rules.

It looks like BTTF draft is happening first.   If there's enough interest, we can fire up the Gobbler after about 20 rounds of BTTF.

Gobbler rosters are pretty small so a draft should be quick.

Users who are viewing this thread