What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Letterkenny (1 Viewer)

:lmao:

Watched the first season over the past couple of days.  Glad to hear it got picked up for another season.  Hopefully more than 6 episodes this time.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Great Canadian show. Real strange humor going on. Proud to have a family member producing the show.

PS: Corner Gas was also a hilarious Canadian Show... But super dry comedy... and if you're not from the border states of the US, you probably wouldnt "get it"

Love the TP Boys but this trailer didn't do it for me. To antiseptic & smooth , doesn't feel real. I'm going to have to check season 1 to see if I get the same vibe .

Just watched season 1 of this, all episodes are on Hulu. Looking forward to binging the rest tomorrow!

my buddy mark, who is the exec producer of this show also has a series out called Bad Blood. It's about to be released globally

article here: https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2018/11/20/citytvs-bad-blood-goes-global-on-netflix-on-dec-7.html?fbclid=IwAR156qopkxx-8RgrdzJAFno6iRJ68mK6TGbDbP5ThVYZVQoFlW2w2lnkXlA

fyi: bad blood is NOTHING like letterkenny... but it does star Kim Coates from SOA as a main character.

nice to see a "small town boy" make it big with these shows. he's grinding and making things happen.

ps: Puppers beer (from letterkenny) is a REAL thing here in Canada now... and the have pop up shops where you bring your dog and they print their face on the label :lol:  it's fantastic. the actual beer is sold here too

the BEST show ever. Man, this show was so damn real

Did you ever check out DaVinci's City Hall?
Yeah, it was good. I didn't have cable TV from '96-2011, but somebody @ one of Albq local stations musta been a Canuck or sum'n, cuz he ordered the new seasons of Inquest each yr. So i would salivate over the prospect of each new ep. Best-cast show i ever seen, best-written procedural by a mile and the way they handled the expansion of DaVinci's amibitions & sway, which seemed organic to me, not originally intended, was exceptional.

I tried like hell to get Chris Haddock to look at a copshow pilot i had written (about a precinct that survived a 9/11-type attack - a drug-dealer tried to spring his brother from his holding-cell by shooting an Exocet missile he bought from the cartel at the precinct house, beginning a siege which killed 50 1st-responders - and all the PTSD issues they had to deal with as they policed their hood) at that time, but he wasn't looking at any American work. Haddock would have been perfect for the HBO/Netflix era, but i guess his ambitions didn't run that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Canadian television is a tricky thing @wikkidpissah. The production quality today is much closer to being on par w US productions... but in the past, not even close.

What we did have in our favour, was our TV was much darker, funnier, and more explicit (topics / drug use / nudity etc).

I wonder if Haddock was "against" US tv because he thought it'd be muted, whereas canadian tv is very often explosive/controversial. 

We don't fpcus on the violence so much here, we focus on reality, which is often much more violent (mentally/emotionally etc)

Man, I really miss DaVinci. That was my SHOW in my early 20s

Canadian television is a tricky thing @wikkidpissah. The production quality today is much closer to being on par w US productions... but in the past, not even close.

What we did have in our favour, was our TV was much darker, funnier, and more explicit (topics / drug use / nudity etc).

I wonder if Haddock was "against" US tv because he thought it'd be muted, whereas canadian tv is very often explosive/controversial. 

We don't fpcus on the violence so much here, we focus on reality, which is often much more violent (mentally/emotionally etc)

Man, I really miss DaVinci. That was my SHOW in my early 20s
Pardon while i wax, but that's why my show woulda been so right for CBC. Best character i ever wrote was in it:  Sarge, a black, female desk sergeant who'd been a hero of the Siege and ended up with a DaVinci-like career arc (tho interrupted briefly by a withering bout with PTSD), but who never stopped being a mama and still wanted to be called Sarge (even by her kids, of whom she had 4 of her own and like 10 fosters). She did things like walk into a hostage situation and grab the gun out of the perp's hand and slap him upside the head cuz he was a neighbor boy she'd known since he was a baby and answered a media question about race with "I thank the Lord every day for sending me out into a world as someone folks think of as a maid or a monkey, as bringing inferiority purely from the color of my skin. I gotta know who i am just to leave the house, and that is His blessing upon me. God gives me those challenges which I am grateful for and only hope to be worthy of." Lord, how i wanted to write that gal full-time...  :kicksrock:

People seem to like Schitt’s Creek. Also I didn’t realize not everyone in the US didn’t have CBC as part of their basic tv package.

People seem to like Schitt’s Creek. Also I didn’t realize not everyone in the US didn’t have CBC as part of their basic tv package.
I've never seen CBC programming anywhere down here (SE Louisiana, Mississippi). I think a very few CBC programs have been picked up by PBS stations (DeGrassi started off like this in the late 80s & early 90s) and the Disney Channel (My Babysitter is a Vampire is Canadian IIRC). Also, a lot of HGTV and other home-improvement programming were produced in Canada, though not sure if those were actual CBC-aired shows as opposed to syndicated programming.

Doug B said:
I've never seen CBC programming anywhere down here (SE Louisiana, Mississippi). I think a very few CBC programs have been picked up by PBS stations (DeGrassi started off like this in the late 80s & early 90s) and the Disney Channel (My Babysitter is a Vampire is Canadian IIRC). Also, a lot of HGTV and other home-improvement programming were produced in Canada, though not sure if those were actual CBC-aired shows as opposed to syndicated programming.
Growing up in Michigan, it was a given we had CBC. We got it over the air before cable. I never cared for much of their original programing but they lots of hockey, Olympics, World Cup and good movies. Don Cherry on Hockey Night in Canada is classic.

Growing up in Michigan, it was a given we had CBC. We got it over the air before cable. I never cared for much of their original programing but they lots of hockey, Olympics, World Cup and good movies. Don Cherry on Hockey Night in Canada is classic.
And their original dramas are an excellent cure for insomnia.

I used to get a kick out of the Red Green Show and the Tom Green Show...never heard of Letterkenny

I really enjoyed the first two seasons, and I'm looking forward to catching up on the rest of it through Hulu.

Another outrageous and fun Canadian sit-com was "Todd and the Book of Pure Evil."

PS: Corner Gas was also a hilarious Canadian Show... But super dry comedy... and if you're not from the border states of the US, you probably wouldnt "get it"
It looks like all six seasons are streaming on Amazon Prime. I'll give it a try. 

Corner Gas.

I dont care what anyone says. It's dry. It's "slow" but it is absolutely hilarious. 

Also, to the guy above, CBC doesnt do home improvement shows... 

Funny enough, the CBC is a Crown (govt) Corporation... aka, government owned/funded.

ETA: my buddy (the producer of the show) just posted on FB that ALL seasons of Letterkenny are avilable on Hulu as of today.

Letterkenny is highly recommended by this Canadian.

If you haven't yet seen it, believe Hulu carries most of the seasons. So what are you waiting for? Pitter patter, let's get at 'er!

And if you have a problem with fine Canadian television entertainment, then you got a problem with me and I suggest you let that one marinate.

Users who are viewing this thread