What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

Collins practiced today, yesterday was more a day of rest for his sore calves than a serious injury. Crisis averted.

No word yet on if his calves are sore due to kicking too high after a rigorous practice of Irish Dancing.

I REALLY need like a 15+ FP performance from Collins after Thursday's Perine dud. I'm in a "Win + Get Help And I'm In" situation and I am a big underdog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I REALLY need like a 15+ FP performance from Collins after Thursday's Perine dud. I'm in a "Win + Get Help And I'm In" situation and I am a big underdog.
I need at least 127 yards and a TD, as I benched Morris on TNF for Collins (after doing the opposite the last 2 weeks). :wall:

Might play him in flex over T. Hill, Diggs, Kupp, L. Miller or Landry.

Can't start him @ RB over Ingram or Fournette!

Came up big today.  2 good games, now a great game.  4 good/great games out of his last 5.  Might have gotten me into the playoffs today.  Do we dare roll with him against Pitt on the road, in the first round of the playoffs?

I strangely held him with my Kung fu grip all season and thank goodness I did.  Him and Kenyan Drake are making up for my busts in ajayi, Howard, and Doug Martin.  He might have singlehandedly out me in the playoffs today.  I am RT on the cusp.  

The rushing stats are great but sprinkling in a few catches really adds the cherry on top.  See no reason for him not to get a few targets a game at the very least.  

Migraines a concern?
Caused Sterling Shepard to miss two games.

Collins has solidified himself as the team's top rusher, but team beat writer Jeff Zrebiec reports that he was bothered by migraines on Sunday -- part of an ongoing issue this season. His status for next week's game against the Steelers should be monitored, but he's yet to miss any action due to the issue.

Im as glad as the next Collins owner, but the way they use him is still head scratching.

Its first and goal from the one TWICE and they threw TWICE. He easily could have had 4 TDs. No joke. 
Yep, and they take him out any time he breaks one. Doesn’t matter if it’s 15 or 40, he gets up & there’s Buck Allen trotting on.

:lmao:

Crazy that he has a shot at 1,000 yds after missing week one and averaging ~10 carries his first 6 games.  
Needs 56 carries to hit 200 RA & 295 yards for 1K. Could be tough sledding Week 14, then Browns Week 15. After watching Mixon last week & Gordon this week I’m encouraged that could be a decent week. Plus matchup v. Indy Championship Week, then Cincy - both at home. Probably needs a 120+ game along the way to get there.

Most encouraging are the 4 TDs and 8 receptions over the last 3 weeks. Woodhead’s return has scarcely impacted him. Those three factors were repeatedly brought up by Negatrons upthread as limitations to his upside.

And to think I had a trade completed to move him away for Sterling Shepard about a month ago only for the trade not to go through because my trade partner had a reinstated Elliot sitting in his IR spot ! 

Have been and will be starting him in the flex spot until further notice 

Ravens coach John Harbaugh expressed concern Monday with migraines Alex Collins dealt with following Sunday's Week 13 win over the Lions.

"I can tell you this, migraines are very real," Harbaugh said. "They're tough." It is unclear whether Collins' migraines will affect his availability for Week 14 against the Steelers. Collins has logged 17 or more touches in three straight games and four out of his last five. If he can't play, we would likely see a three-way RBBC involving Buck Allen, Danny Woodhead, and Terrance West.

Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter 

Dec 4 - 5:12 PM

Alex Collins - RB - Ravens

Ravens coach John Harbaugh expressed concern Monday with migraines Alex Collins dealt with following Sunday's Week 13 win over the Lions.

"I can tell you this, migraines are very real," Harbaugh said. "They're tough." It is unclear whether Collins' migraines will affect his availability for Week 14 against the Steelers. Collins has logged 17 or more touches in three straight games and four out of his last five. If he can't play, we would likely see a three-way RBBC involving Buck Allen, Danny Woodhead, and Terrance West.

Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Dec 4 - 5:12 PM

Im as glad as the next Collins owner, but the way they use him is still head scratching.

Its first and goal from the one TWICE and they threw TWICE. He easily could have had 4 TDs. No joke. 
Watched the game & saw that.  Color me pissed at the time but turned okay in the end.

Collins has been on fire.

He has a tough matchup coming up, on the road.

That matchup doesn't look as tough without their top LB and his backup out this week.

He experienced migraines after the game on Sunday.

He was at practice Wednesday.

He was wearing sunglasses & a hoodie.

He wasn't on the injury report.

What kind of players do you start him over?  Obviously not Bell, Kamara, Gurley, McCoy, Gordon, etc. 

Is he worth a start over an injured Ingram? 

A healthy Mixon? 

Gio w/Mixon out?

Fournette against the Seahawks?

Alfred Morris with a great matchup against NYG?

Burkhead/Lewis with Gronk out?  Either guy/both?

Weighing between him and Perine.  If matchups were equal, would likely go Collins' way, but leaning Perine right now.  Also going with Ingram over him unless reports update status of injury to be more serious than anticipated.

With so many other RBs in the backfield, Collins needs Baltimore to have the lead in the 2nd half in order to have a productive game.  In the last 6 games, Baltimore has had a 2nd half lead in 4 of those games.  Collins has averaged about 20 touches, 90 yards, and a TD.  In the other 2 games where they've trailed in the 2nd half, Collins has averaged about 12 touches for 35 yards.

This weekend's game is in Pittsburgh plus he's got a migraine problem so I would look for other options at RB.

Unless the migraines force me to do something else, I'm starting Collins in the one league I have him.  The games between PIT and BAL traditionally been very close over the years and the Steelers D will be without Shazier and his backup.  I just see this as a close/hard-fought game meaning the game-script favors Collins.

The x-factor is the Sunday night start-time...if you are going with him (and I am as a flex...as of now) you need a plan B due to this migraine stuff...it is playoff week and you can't risk a goose egg if he suddenly is a no-go...that means it may make sense to have a Steeler/Raven/Patriot/Dolphin in reserve...I had some options (because I am using him as a flex there were more options) and took Allen for this week...would be bummed out if it came to that but it is better than nothing... 

I may have the worst rbs on a team to make the FF playoffs ever.

If Alex misses any games im hosed
I'm with you, gb. Jordan Howard looks like a very poor play given that Long is on IR and the team is forced to abandon the run early/often; Perine and WAS look shaky, and now this uncertainty with Collins. Ugh.

Really torn between Collins, Howard, and Bernard this week (PPR). Leaning more towards Gio since I can't trust Howard, and as someone mentioned above, I don't think the gamescript is good for Collins this week. 

Not sure if I want to go Collins or Miller in flex. Miller has a nice matchup v SF
Miller is a must start this week. Wouldn't be surprised if it was his best rushing game of the season. Facing the 49ers at home with little competition for carries (Blue is doubtful). 

I may have the worst rbs on a team to make the FF playoffs ever.

If Alex misses any games im hosed
Lol - I might challenge that.  I've got Collins, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, T. Coleman, and Perine.  The only guy I've had all year was Coleman.  My original RB1 was I. Crowell, with hopes Abudllah would play well.  I dropped Abudllah right before he started getting goal-line looks.  I was 6 points away from winning the regular season, but ended up #3.

I'll throw my hat in the "crappiest set of RBs" contest:

Zeke (suspended), D. Martin (cut), A. Abdullah (cut), A. Ekeler (never started), C. Clement (never started), M. Davis (added yesterday), D. Lewis ( :thumbup: ), A. Collins ( :tebow: ).

Users who are viewing this thread