What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

Trying to decide between him and Mike Evans. Might sound crazy, but Winston/Evans connection has been weak. And Pitt could be without it's top 2 ILBs. And their run D was bad before they went down.

So was Howard. That worked out swell.
This isn't because SF is a stalwart run D. Difference here is that Long got dinged and the rest of the front line played horridly. And I call two more things into question: 1) Fox's game plan -- it wasn't as if Chicago was trailing by a lot, having led the first half, so not sure why they weren't leaning on Howard more, or why the only calls that were being made were predictable right-up-the-middle calls; 2) Howard almost looked like he didn't want to be playing -- not much pop or fire.

BAL should keep this game close, and I can see a heavy dose of ball control.

This isn't because SF is a stalwart run D. Difference here is that Long got dinged and the rest of the front line played horridly. And I call two more things into question: 1) Fox's game plan -- it wasn't as if Chicago was trailing by a lot, having led the first half, so not sure why they weren't leaning on Howard more, or why the only calls that were being made were predictable right-up-the-middle calls; 2) Howard almost looked like he didn't want to be playing -- not much pop or fire.

BAL should keep this game close, and I can see a heavy dose of ball control.
Howard also can't catch, and the Bears have NO other weapons on offense. I don't see SF selling out to stop Miller with Hopkins running wild.

Absolutely devastated that I benched him this week. 

Positively thrilled he is my RB for the next however many years in dynasty. He's sealed his fate. He is the starter

:jawdrop:

What was that famous line about MJD? A rolling ball of butchers knives? 

Collins may be his illegitimate son.

Came in with a big lead, my Collins to his Bell. Nervous after Bell's start, now I'm all  :pickle:

He is going to make things tough on me when its time to declare 2 keepers next season. 

Collins will cost me an 11th round pick, Kamara a 10th round, Gurley a 1st or D. Cook a 3rd.

Kind of lame that Collins gives the Ravens a 17 yard run that is stopped just short of pay dirt and then they line up with Buck Allen at fullback with Collins behind him and give the TD to Allen.

It worked and all, just kind of lame that the guy who got them there didn't get to score.

The frustration is compounded when all their other options look so much worse. Flacco should have 3 picks by now.

and watch them run it with Allen again after the penalty

It took me a while, but I finally realized who he reminds me of, he runs a lot like Marion Barber III for the Cowboys a few years ago, hard to tackle, runs bigger than he really is.
Couple years ago I sat next to the Barbarian at the United Club Lounge at LGA. He had on a full length mink coat.  :excited:  He was a little strange but that might have been the bourbon. Or CTE.

Anyway, yeah, Collins is a lotta fun to own/watch.

I really could have used those 2 TDs that Allen vultured. Pretty sure he scored on the one where he rolled over the guy but I get why you don't challenge it.
That one hurt the worst.  I thought for sure they would give it to Collins again to give him the opportunity to finish off that drive.  Instead the do that dumb FB dive.

I picked him up after week 3, patiently waiting and cursing Harbaugh all the while.  Glad to see this guy finally becoming the feature back.  

Gotta admit though, when they featured Woodhead to start the game I started cursing again... 

I am a believer, I think the Ravens would be morons to take a running back back in the first 3 or 4 rounds unless someone dropped to them.
It's starting to look more and more unlikely now> They have to be impressed with him and willing to let him be the man next year now, one would think.

Collins would be an even bigger stud if BAL didn't use Woodhead and Allen so much in the passing game.....or allow Allen to vulture 2 TDs!

I would suspect one of Woodhead/Allen will not be with the team next year, so the future is pretty bright for Collins.

17th in attempts, 9th in yards, on pace for 1,031 in 15G, 10th in TDs

Didn’t have double digit touches until Week 5 & only three 20 touch games - yet there’s nothing about this that feels unsustainable, if anything it feels like he could easily be a 1500 YFS 12 TD Guy with proper usage

Luckily I didn't need it.  But I don't understand how you allow your stud to make a really nice run and get stopped at the 1 yard line.....and not let him finish it off.  At least give him the next try.
To be fair that play worked and got them a TD. Real football teams don’t care who gets it. They actually used Collins very nicely as a decoy (he faked running out wide) and did a quick handoff to the FB. Great play design. 

You can’t legislate usage.

He’s done well with each increnental step. First in mop up duty, then as a CoP runner, became the feature back, started using him at the GL, and of late, more involved in the passing game. It’s been a near linear progression; every couple weeks they add a bit more. 

Users who are viewing this thread