What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

He looked great.  I’m shocked harbaugh gave him the work he did.  And at the gl.  Good for him.  I’m a fan of Collins.  Just not a fan of harbaugh and his man crush on Allen 

Last edited by a moderator:
19 carries is encouraging, and he was in on the GL / RZ packages. 

Not efficient, but we're just hoping the touches continue. He will be a solid RB2 if that is the case.

I've only started him week 1 since I have a ton of depth at RB.  But given that I'm probably about to lose the stud performances from Conner, this was nice to see.  

Liked the lack of buck.  Two weeks ago all the talk was how he might take over. 

Been riding him as RB2 all-season in my dynasty league.  He's been "ok" just about every week.  I don't hate him.  But If I can sell high, I'm gonna. 

Been riding him as RB2 all-season in my dynasty league.  He's been "ok" just about every week.  I don't hate him.  But If I can sell high, I'm gonna. 
If this is the start of a trend (and if the Ravens coaching has eyes it should be) then you’d be selling low. 

I’m not sure that part is a trend. 
The reality yesterday seems to be that Edwards siphoned off touches from Buck Allen.

Collins remains a guy you're pretty happy with in your RB2 slot if he's getting 15-20 touches, but not so much if it's ~10 touches.  We've seen both.

If you think the situation got any clearer this week, I'd have to respectfully disagree.

The reality yesterday seems to be that Edwards siphoned off touches from Buck Allen.

Collins remains a guy you're pretty happy with in your RB2 slot if he's getting 15-20 touches, but not so much if it's ~10 touches.  We've seen both.

If you think the situation got any clearer this week, I'd have to respectfully disagree.
I think it got clearer for sure. Collins got the GL & converted. Not Buck, Collins. Collins also scored from 13 yards out, so RZ carries.

progress. 

It got clearer in terms of defined rolls. Collins on 1st and 2nd downs and in the RZ/GL. 

Buck as the 3rd down/CoP back. 

Hopefully that stays defined barring another fumble. 

I'm definitely not ready to assume Collins has won the RZ/GL role after one game.  Not after Allen's been doing it for so long.

Seems like wishful thinking much more than clarity.

Collins with a GL fumble the week before and he gets vote of confidence from coach and the GL carry here. He's not always gonna lose GL work, but buck will buck enough to annoy us AC owners. But we knew all this when we drafted him.

Collins with a GL fumble the week before and he gets vote of confidence from coach and the GL carry here. He's not always gonna lose GL work, but buck will buck enough to annoy us AC owners. But we knew all this when we drafted him.
I drafted him in hopes of the team riding him like a donkey, because, you know, he's a more talented RB. Can't argue with Harbs though, because he's a good coach. He has his reasons for playing Allen; and to your point, it's not unexpected.

I'm seeing what I can get for Collins coming off a 2 TD outing, maybe the most points he'll score in a game all year.

Ironically, it’s been his TD prowess that’s saved his value to date.  But their roles are clear (between Collins/Allen).  Game script is critical.  

Next game against NO is a bear, but then it looks fairly match-up friendly.

TheDirtyWord said:
This is what I'm hoping for, the ROS after the bye looks really enticing.  With Lynch starting to show his age, it may be time for me to swap out for Collins.

TheDirtyWord said:
Ironically, it’s been his TD prowess that’s saved his value to date.  But their roles are clear (between Collins/Allen).  Game script is critical.  

I had to double check this, but wow. The Saints (3.1 ypc) are best in the league against the run. How did this happen? They were 5th worst last year (4.4 ypc). 

Yeah, Im not too crazy about this matchup. Would love to bench him in both my leagues but due to byes I currently have him slotted in at flex in both leagues. Im going to try and grab one of the hot ww players (Barber, Goodwin, maybe even Snead or Kearse) to play over him at flex this week.

Because everyone is just throwing on them.  No real reason to run on NO honestly when you can light up thier secondary.
Yeah, that's why I was looking at YPC rather than raw rushing numbers. There are 23.2 rushing att/game against the Saints (median is 25, so not far off). However, the 3.1 ypc is by far the best in the league. 2nd place is 3.5 ypc and the median is 4.2 ypc. 

What does that have to do with their ypc?
Often times teams who are horrible against 1 aspect have strong stats the other way, teams game planning end up having a lot to do with this (number of attempts doing that thing for example).  

Often times teams who are horrible against 1 aspect have strong stats the other way, teams game planning end up having a lot to do with this (number of attempts doing that thing for example).  
Yeah on a total yard basis Id agree. They are quoting yards per carry.

Yeah, that's why I was looking at YPC rather than raw rushing numbers. There are 23.2 rushing att/game against the Saints (median is 25, so not far off). However, the 3.1 ypc is by far the best in the league. 2nd place is 3.5 ypc and the median is 4.2 ypc. 
Yeah I think the NO rush D is legit. Don't think there's some statistical nonsense going on here.

Right now considering benching Collins for...gulp...M. Mack.

I get the Mack enthusiasm - but know he had 4 carries for 8 years before the Jets went up big and he started running against soft run defenses as NYJ was playing pass

For my RB2 I have a choice of Coleman, Breida, Collins, and Jones.    I am going with Coleman but would probably play Breida over Collins because of the matchup.

So all of you folks should be starting Collins with confidence...

Except he's not a flex player for me. He's a biscuit behind my #1 RB which is Hyde. I'm the luckiest 4-2 team in my league. :bag:
Eh, that may be me. Fournette and Fitz has been a strong pairing so far this season, but at least Adams is barely enough to win the gimmies.  

For my RB2 I have a choice of Coleman, Breida, Collins, and Jones.    I am going with Coleman but would probably play Breida over Collins because of the matchup.

So all of you folks should be starting Collins with confidence...
Switch Coleman for Forunette and that's my RB chorps. Oh well, at least it's trending upwards finally. 

Encouraging to see Collins get some red zone carries. Even more encouraging to see him convert. Bad matchup this week but hopefully things are starting to look better soon. 

Welp... there's the floor.  48 yards.

Unless it's 5 yards and a first quarter fumble.

And LOL at the Ravens giving 8 different players rushing attempts.

I'm still encouraged by Collins usage, personally. I think he's going to be very valuable down the stretch (barring another goal line fumble). 

I'm still encouraged by Collins usage, personally. I think he's going to be very valuable down the stretch (barring another goal line fumble). 
God  I hope so. Thus far...it has been really tough week to week. He is so TD dependent now. Where as last season he was a nice yardage player. Not so much this season so far.

Users who are viewing this thread