What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

ATB said:
This is kind of an ###### comment. Thanks for your “insight.”  ? 
Writing has been on the wall for Collins for at least a few weeks

they tried to make Buck Allen happen, they went and picked up Ty Montgomery....they have been in ABC mode for awhile....

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Collins droppable at this point if you have short benches. Even before Gus the PPR ceiling for Collins was 12 points and that was hoping he would get a TD as he has to save his value as a low end rb2 to date.

Is Collins droppable at this point if you have short benches. Even before Gus the PPR ceiling for Collins was 12 points and that was hoping he would get a TD as he has to save his value as a low end rb2 to date.
I have a short bench, have an injured TE (OJ Howard) and a kicker on bye (Greg Z.). He's my #4 RB. He may have to go. I'm tired of waiting and after today, I'm not sure the schedule is the savior.

He had a very good TD run in the 1st quarter. Almost nothing after that.
2.6 ypc against the Bengals is woeful....

when Buck Allen was the only alternative, they had to stick with Collins, warts and all....but now they have found an effective alternative

Will be putting in waiver claims tmrw night. If I can get one of DJ Moore, K. Coutee, Tra Smith, L. Jackson for Collins he's gone.

I think we have to practice some patience with this scenario. It’s enfirely possible that Edwards was better prepared for the type of option plays that Ravens want to run with Jackson because they practiced together so often as backups. 

Maybe Collins picks up the new plays by next week. Or maybe Flacco comes back and everything goes back to normal. 

Idk. Just saying this #### is not as obvious as it seems.

And also, Edwards did this against the worse defense in the league.

So, like... temper expectations with him as well.  

I think we have to practice some patience with this scenario. It’s enfirely possible that Edwards was better prepared for the type of option plays that Ravens want to run with Jackson because they practiced together so often as backups. 

Maybe Collins picks up the new plays by next week. Or maybe Flacco comes back and everything goes back to normal. 

Agreed. I think we can all see a scenario where Gus get 15 yards next week and Collins goes off cuz he has the "hot hand". In leagues where I have Collins, I’m dropping other crappy players from my roster instead of Collins. 

• Smile
Reactions: ATB
I'm about ready to get off this train.  Tired of the "if only" excuses.  It is patently clear that the coaching staff does not believe in him, and does NOT want to ride him.  They bring in 3rd-string nobodies (Gus) and washed-up never-has-beens (J. Allen) to siphon carries away from him.  He flashed last year... but that was about it.  I drank the Kool-Aid, but I'm just about all filled up on it.

I'm about ready to get off this train.  Tired of the "if only" excuses.  It is patently clear that the coaching staff does not believe in him, and does NOT want to ride him.  They bring in 3rd-string nobodies (Gus) and washed-up never-has-beens (J. Allen) to siphon carries away from him.  He flashed last year... but that was about it.  I drank the Kool-Aid, but I'm just about all filled up on it.
Agreed. Even if they played Edwards because he fit better with the plays they run with Jackson or if they play the hot hand, is Collins someone you can trust in your lineup as we enter the FF playoffs? Aside from his TDs, he's had some pretty mediocre showings. Now you add in the uncertainty of Edwards I can't see myself starting him in a playoff matchup.

Dropped.

Pained me to do it. An early 4th round pick.

Probably wouldn't have done it if I didn't have considerable RB depth. Picked up DJ Moore to help with WR depth.

Now I just hope he doesn't randomly appear in the finals against me and go off.

Dropped.

Pained me to do it. An early 4th round pick.

Probably wouldn't have done it if I didn't have considerable RB depth. Picked up DJ Moore to help with WR depth.

Now I just hope he doesn't randomly appear in the finals against me and go off.
Have considered it as well.  He (and now Edwards) is depth at this point behind DJ, Mack, Lindsay and Michel.  But that group doesn’t have the best track record of staying healthy.

He is still on my roster though I'll likely drop him soon for a stream defense.  We only start 2 RBs and Collins is #5 on my depth chart.   Now that byes are just about over I can't see a scenario where I would start him.   

Have considered it as well.  He (and now Edwards) is depth at this point behind DJ, Mack, Lindsay and Michel.  But that group doesn’t have the best track record of staying healthy.
Something tells me Collins will be useful for somebody down the stretch here, but being able to forecast it will be next to impossible.

What I envision is some underdog team in somebody's playoff bracket will start him in out of desperation...and then Collins ends up beating you. Oh the irony. 

Something tells me Collins will be useful for somebody down the stretch here, but being able to forecast it will be next to impossible.

What I envision is some underdog team in somebody's playoff bracket will start him in out of desperation...and then Collins ends up beating you. Oh the irony. 
Possibly...I’m going to see how this week shakes out...then see what I will do woth Gus and Collins (and my plan is to possibly pick up S Ware after the bye to have Hunts cuff for myself or maybe Rex B to cuff my own Michel)

Now i have both. I wish there upcoming schedule wasn't so plum so i could ditch em both
I'm trying to figure out what to do with both of them, too. The crazy thing is that Gus' 62% snap share was higher than Collins' season high (51%). So I'm trying to figure out if we witnessed a legitimate changing of the guard last week.

I dropped him for Edwards.  Why not as he’s rb5 behind Richard. 

Finally dropped in Redraft, needed WR depth for the stretch run. Holding in Dynasty  :oldunsure:
Most dynasty rosters are large enough where it seems wise to hold him. If he got dropped in any of my leagues, I'd pick him up. He's shown enough that he'll end up somewhere as a backup at least, and RBs get injured frequently.

I think you did fine robbing the kid of all those picks in your elementary school dynasty league. ;)  
I'm in my 30s. And I joined a random league. I believe the guy I traded with is either an older father or has grandkids. 

People trading him for a 1st round pick were told they were not getting enough back in the summer. 

One person said he would not trade Collins for Kirk, Sutton, or any of the WRs taken late round 1 in 2018. Wouldnt trade him for 1.12 pick. 

I imagine Collins owners would jump at any of that now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in my 30s. And I joined a random league. I believe the guy I traded with is either an older father or has grandkids. 

People trading him for a 1st round pick were told they were not getting enough back in the summer. 

One person said he would not trade Collins for Kirk, Sutton, or any of the WRs taken late round 1 in 2018. Wouldnt trade him for 1.12 pick. 

I imagine Collins owners would jump at any of that now. 

C'mon, man. I even put a winky face at the end of my post. No need to give a detailed reply on the age of the people involved.

:)   :) :) :) :)

(extra smileys so you know I'm just ribbing you)

Not sure I can hold this guy anymore. Reminds me of having M. Ingram when Payton hated him.
Your analogy struck a chord with me, as I think you are right -- example of a clearly talented back that is more held back by environment and coach commitment to usage than his ability alone. It is true that Collins has had opportunities to run away with the role, limit fumbling, etc. and hasn't so far, but also clear to me based on eye test that Collins, depsite some roughness in his game, has the tools to succeed as a main back if only Harbaugh & Co would truly commit. Again, don't blame the hesitancy given ongoing fumbles and variability in his game, but also think the blind commitment to committee isn't doing Collins any favors, as he looks to me over this season and last to be the kind of back that needs to be fed carries to build success.

Really astute in terms of Edwards being used because of the familiarity with Jackson, that's a great call.

That said, at this point it is more than clear that the team isn't focuses on building Collins as a lead back and are perfectly comfortable with the committee approach. WIth a good basis of historical data now after a season and two thirds, I am not faulting anyone for fading Collins until he switches teams, there is a coaching regime change or an upheaval in offensive philosophy. With Jackson playing,, it siphons even more carry opportunities so that alone is a reason to be that much more impatient with Collins' prospects.

Your analogy struck a chord with me, as I think you are right -- example of a clearly talented back that is more held back by environment and coach commitment to usage than his ability alone. It is true that Collins has had opportunities to run away with the role, limit fumbling, etc. and hasn't so far, but also clear to me based on eye test that Collins, depsite some roughness in his game, has the tools to succeed as a main back if only Harbaugh & Co would truly commit. Again, don't blame the hesitancy given ongoing fumbles and variability in his game, but also think the blind commitment to committee isn't doing Collins any favors, as he looks to me over this season and last to be the kind of back that needs to be fed carries to build success.

Really astute in terms of Edwards being used because of the familiarity with Jackson, that's a great call.

That said, at this point it is more than clear that the team isn't focuses on building Collins as a lead back and are perfectly comfortable with the committee approach. WIth a good basis of historical data now after a season and two thirds, I am not faulting anyone for fading Collins until he switches teams, there is a coaching regime change or an upheaval in offensive philosophy. With Jackson playing,, it siphons even more carry opportunities so that alone is a reason to be that much more impatient with Collins' prospects.
Totally possible that this becomes a RBBC (or more than it already was). But all I’m saying is I would not be surprised in the least if Edwards doesn’t see another snap all season. Harbaugh gave three game balls after the win: one to Jackson, Edwards, and... Collins.

I see that as Collins’ coach acknowledging the sacrifice he made that game and that he’ll see better days ahead. 

Could be wrong, but I just don’t see Edwards usurping this role unless Collins is just incapable of picking up this new offense. And even then, Flacco is likely back soon. 

Could be wrong, but I just don’t see Edwards usurping this role unless Collins is just incapable of picking up this new offense. And even then, Flacco is likely back soon. 
The problem is that Edwards will now have a role. A role that chips away at Collins production. And his production was meh as it was.

The problem is that Edwards will now have a role. A role that chips away at Collins production. And his production was meh as it was.
I just don’t think we can know that. Edwards was an unknown. That’s always a benefit that a player has over an established player who defenses gameplan against. He also did it against possibly the worst defense in the league right now. 

The likeliest explanation in my view is that Edwards fits into the wildcat offense the Ravens want to run with Jackson. 

Pretty much any warm body is going to put up solid numbers against defenses like Cincy and Oak. Just comes down to Edwards proving he understands how the offense works with Jackson and Collins probably not picking it up in time. 

Thats my bet at least. I think Collins resumes his role as lead back whenever he gets the new playbook down. Or when Flacco comes back. Which happens first. 

Will Edwards get some carries still? Maybe. Depends. He’ll have some ####ty moments, guaranteed. He’s not elite. 

Users who are viewing this thread